Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? (12211 Views)

Why Men Treat Side-Chicks Better Than Wives / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 21, 2009
E be like say them don ban am!

grin Freedom of speech is just a theory.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by amy120705(f): 2:17pm On May 22, 2009
not all nigerian guys treat there wives/gfs like maids,  thts total crap,  it depends on the man and the woman he is wit,  sum english guys do it too,  IT ALL on THE INDIVIDUALS!!!!!!! plus if all nigerian guys do it why r the women lettin thm innit,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ChuckBass1(m): 6:03pm On May 22, 2009
michelin89:

E be like say them don ban am!

grin Freedom of speech is just a theory.

Ban who? grin grin grin grin grin

Abi u de sleep? You be the owner of the website. . . pssssf!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by nairaguy(m): 1:16am On May 23, 2009
I was only going to read thru and not say a word but just cudnt help it,

@chuck bass,
ain't got nothing to say to u. I dont think u are worth my time

To all the lovely ladies/dudes in da house,
Dont allow an slowpoke make u start a war of the sexes, he is just trying to sow a seed of discord and some goats in men's clothing are already buying into it. well, dats wat happens when u dont have a mind of ur own. I hope u dont start seeing women in this light cos a good number of my colleagues at work are cute, polished and hardworking women. As for me, i refuse to see my future wife as a maid no matter what any slowpoke says. it just wont count.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by DisGuy: 10:34am On May 23, 2009
we just like living in denial shaaaaaaa!!

okay not all of them but .  .   .  .

4) Another reason, most common among the interviewed ladies.
its like this: all they are after is to have "a degree", no matter what. Next is they want to get married, since they know their husbands might not allow them to pursue their profession, so why the waste of time, a lot of "the husband is the crown of the wife" mentality, so therefore, once they have that crown they feel they have achieved everything in life.
kimba

^^^ I think it stems from this, so many nigerian girls are like this- they have no personal goal apart from getting married!!!^^^
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ferdela: 8:19pm On May 23, 2009
@nairaguy,

You are the best, intelligent and truelly a man.

You guys if you have been oppurtune to work in a firm what ever sort especially in the banking sector you will find most woman have the leadership position, And for all sistas in the House, just know that women make the world go round and not some block headed men as they think, right from the days of CLOE PATRA.

@chuksba$$ who earth made you the moderator of this forum because you are full of shit and you do not keep to the rules of this forum, you use foul language. I'm embarresed at you. You have no respect for women folks and is the beging of your doom unless yiu change your attitude. embarassed sad angry
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by seancole: 8:31pm On May 23, 2009
What do you espect in a society where the man is the head of the house, and the bread winner of the family. angry
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by durango(m): 1:33am On May 24, 2009
men could be the most sarcastic i av eve seen as some of them are out to bastardize everything under skirt, so their wives don't matter in any sense. they need som tutorials although
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by OpeLovely(f): 12:43am On May 27, 2009
Its our culture plus the scarcity of good husbands that make men treat women anyhow but if she's beautiful, has a 2009 car, a job of a salary over 6 figures, gives great head, etc, they would worship her.

ITS TIME FOR WOMEN TO TAKE A STAND!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by sosisi(f): 12:46am On May 27, 2009
which husbands are scarce?
why do people say these things to make these men bigheaded
Husbands are not scarce anything
Which married woman here didn't have at least 5 good and serious suitors to choose from ?
husband full everywhere
I had them eating out of the palm of my hands cool
na to make the choice,na im be the hard thing sometimes
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by glotes(f): 8:12pm On May 29, 2009
Insert Quote
Stupid Topic

Are they not naturally born as maids?

Who delievers the children?

Who breasts feeds them?

Who is perpertually doomed to be in the kitchen till death do you part?

Who cleans the house 24/7?

Who washes the clothes and Dishes most of the time?

Who nannies the kids 24/7?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Abeg make una go siddon jare!

Psssf. . . .

Boy it is no fault of yours. If only your mum had discarded u right from when u were in the womb, u wont be such a disgrace to her, and every other female in your life.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by origina9ja(f): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hi! I'm a human being! What are you?

i don't keep such names but I'm sure you know yourself

women can live  without you, so your death is  worth it.
Were you sleeping when u typed that trash of your about women being maid keep typing, someday you'll type something intelligent. honestly you amazed me with your comment, I'd like to ask you how old you are but i know you cant count that high.

Please think well before posting your non-sense here
THANKS

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Owugal(f): 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2009
CHUCK BA$$,

By your rationalle,

Your mother was a maid. (assuming she married your father)

Your father's mother was a maid

Your Daughters will be full-time maids one day because right now they are training to be maids until they marry their boss

You are a maid service provider or potential one because you will have daughters one day perhaps

Any girlfriend you have who is of marriageable age and not yet a wife, is a prostitute because she is not living up to her real ambitions as a maid

You are therefore a love-vendor because you are using this woman, not as your maid as you should, but as someone who provides "services" to you without marriage and payment.

I hope your father paid his maid well,

I hope your sisters are well paid maids

I hope your daughter will be well paid too

I hope you will pay your future maid well

I hope you earn enough money to even "hire" a "maid"

I hope a "maid" somewhere will even consider you as an employer

I hope the rest of the maids in your father's household threat and are threating you well

I hope the "Double U"-H- O - R-E you are dating now, will open her eyes and leave you to become a legitimate maid

VIVA TO MAIDS, Because without MAIDS, people like Chuck Bass would never have seen the light of day after he was dumped by the roadside by the original maid who bore him.

Boss's like you make me sick
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by origina9ja(f): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2009
NICE 1 wink
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by obyann(f): 11:16am On Jun 08, 2009
Please tell him
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by obyann(f): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2009
Owu gal:

CHUCK BA$$,

By your rationalle,

Your mother was a maid. (assuming she married your father)

Your father's mother was a maid

Your Daughters will be full-time maids one day because right now they are training to be maids until they marry their boss

You are a maid service provider or potential one because you will have daughters one day perhaps

Any girlfriend you have who is of marriageable age and not yet a wife, is a prostitute because she is not living up to her real ambitions as a maid

You are therefore a love-vendor because you are using this woman, not as your maid as you should, but as someone who provides "services" to you without marriage and payment.

I hope your father paid his maid well,

I hope your sisters are well paid maids

I hope your daughter will be well paid too

I hope you will pay your future maid well

I hope you earn enough money to even "hire" a "maid"

I hope a "maid" somewhere will even consider you as an employer

I hope the rest of the maids in your father's household threat and are threating you well

I hope the "Double U"-H- O - R-E you are dating now, will open her eyes and leave you to become a legitimate maid

VIVA TO MAIDS, Because without MAIDS, people like Chuck Bass would never have seen the light of day after he was dumped by the roadside by the original maid who bore him.

Boss's like you make me sick

CHUCK BA$$ did u hear that?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by honeric01(m): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2009
What's the difference between a woman that was married to do house chores and gets everything she ever ask from the husband and a maid who gets paid for what she does? Second question, the present maids we have around, are they not potential women? If they could work as maid for money, do you think it's bad to work as maid for love? Third question, in a home where its only the man that works while the woman stays at home full time, don't you think the man is also a slave while the woman remain the queen of the house? These are general questions that warrant no personal insults against anyone or against me being the poster.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by sparta(f): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2009
Abeg make una leave chuckbass or chicken jazz alone o. Shuo, the guys upbringing is obviously twisted, i believe he was raised to feel superior. He obviously does not even respect his mama, sis, female cous and every female in his entire family.  lipsrsealed

I have a friend who is like that, the guy is so spoilt, the only thing he likes to do is to give orders and eat. He was brought in a home where he had everything done for him. Its so bad that if he is eating, he will call someone else to help him pour water into the cup for him even when the cup and water is right in front of him.

He expects his girl (girlfriend not wife) to cook his meals, wash his clothes, iron them, clean his room when she comes around because he will never clean his own room when he wake s up in the morning. His siblings do it and so anytime they dont, the room is always messy.

They are always arguing because he is extremely lazy and selfish and all he likes to do his pose and do fine boy. He does not want to lift a finger to do anything. His mother even complains because he s the only one that calls the girl staying with the family to do everything for him.

The worst part is that he is stingy and does not believe in spending his money on women. His excuse, a woman can leave you at anytime. He does not think a man can leave you even after playing the maid. We dont get along too well because of the way he sees women. I cant stand that attitude in him.

My ma had three boys first so before we grew up they did all the chores and they are still so used to do that.

Bottom line, never ever date or marry a lazy glutton and a man whose upbriniging is twisted.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by djcrucifix(m): 4:33pm On Jun 08, 2009
not all men.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by origina9ja(f): 9:40am On Jun 09, 2009
exactly what the poster said
WHY DO MOST MEANING NOT ALL OF THEM cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Prettiep(f): 8:30pm On Jun 09, 2009
If u treat your wife as a maid then you have very low self esteem , probably u weren't born by a woman possibly u evolved form wolves. then u must also have no sister,aunty n mother. , u might also not bother spending money to marry a decent lady. just go to where people get maids from n purchase one for a wife. idiot!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ubiaa5(f): 6:06pm On Nov 20, 2009
some posts ive seen in this thread r really disturbing.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by boy1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
Honestly i feel 4 naija women. . .i don't know d best word 2 describe such men. . .simply put, they r fools.
if they actually have respect 4 their mothers,they will equally respect and appreciate their wives.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Fhemmmy: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
boy1:

Honestly i feel 4 naija women. . .i don't know d best word 2 describe such men. . .simply put, they r fools.
if they actually have respect 4 their mothers,they will equally respect and appreciate their wives.

yes they are fools, but i think the society needs to change a lot of things and it is time for some women to know where to draw the line btw respecting a man and being a dumb slave
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by mamagee3(f): 2:10am On Jan 15, 2010
Cause they pay bride prices. tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Liss: 3:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Mamagee,

Not all pay bride prices and dat should not even be a criteria.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Feb 02, 2010
Cause they paid some cheap money all in the name of "Bride Price"
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nwaka77: 4:16am On Feb 02, 2010
@Poster
That's because that is how they saw their useless fathers treat their mothers. A child's first learning place is in the home. What they see their fathers do to their mothers is what they will do to their own wives. Beware of wild animals in human skin!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chikito1(f): 2:40pm On Feb 02, 2010
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids?
« #17 on: May 18, 2009, 02:50 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
silly Topic

Who bosoms feeds them?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Psssf. . . .

I know your kind, i guess your mum was a glorified house wife that is why you cannot think out of the box. Mchewwww
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nwamama1: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2011
glotes:

Insert Quote
silly Topic

Who bosoms feeds them?

Psssf. . . .

Boy it is no fault of yours. If only your mum had discarded u right from when u were in the womb, u wont be such a disgrace to her, and every other female in your life.

STUPID
UNREASONABLE
SENSELESS
IRRESPONSIBLE AND
IMMATURED GUY

PLS GROW UP IF AT ALL U WILL EVER GROW. MUMUUU,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Can You Marry Your Third Cousin? / Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.