Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,527 members, 7,770,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Why Must You Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Must You Date? (3903 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Can you Date your Ex-Lover's Brother or Sister? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must You Date? by Nobody: 12:35am On May 19, 2009
I ve been thinking of it all this while that  is dating necessary for those who are not ready for marriage especially teenagers? I think dating should not be done with or among those who are not matured enough.

Why Dating?

If you are sure that you are not going to marry that girl or boy the why must you date her. there will surely be abroke relationship which is not good enough for the heart.

So date wisely.
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 12:23pm On May 20, 2009
hum. dating has nothing to do with heart bonding. dating is an ice breaker, a way to get your feet off the ground. teenagers can /should date if they choose to do so under the supervision of their parents/guardians. when you date its doesnt mean you will have sex or end up in a relationship. remember appetite comes in eating. sometimes you wont know how much you love a person until you date them or vice versa. cool
Re: Why Must You Date? by ThinkRait: 12:35pm On May 20, 2009
I no know oh!!!

I think it is. The question is "How long should you date"?
Re: Why Must You Date? by smile4kenn(m): 12:45pm On May 20, 2009
Dating is not only necessary, but important.
It depends on your perspective towards dating or dating someone.
Dating helps in maturity, helps you gradually grow from a teenager to a matured adult.
We are aware that sometimes we dont keep our folks as friends, so you may need someone who is ready to hear you out in personal issues, dear to you, sincere, encouraging, like a work partner,,
Dating helps you discover yourself as a man or woman; how you can be rational, wise and even foolish. Dating is a stage in life we have to pass through because we need to discover ourselves and what type of person that most fits you.

Like they say, education is important, but education is advancing everyday because its yet to touch every aspect of life. So where can you learn the untaught? we still get education from family, society, friends, peers and mostly dating.

In sociology of life, people who are dating or who have experienced dating from one position to another are likely not to have a divorce in future,
Re: Why Must You Date? by kunmibola(m): 12:48pm On May 20, 2009
I think the question should have been; 'when should one start dating?'
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 12:53pm On May 20, 2009
kunmibola:

I think the question should have been; 'when should one start dating?'

my dad was 17 and my mum 14. they got married 2 years later and have been married for almost 40 years. my cousin was 24 and his girlfriend was 23; they dated for 8 years only to divorce after after 1 year.
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 12:57pm On May 20, 2009
ThinkRait:

I no know oh!!!

you can date for six weeks, or for 10 years. i prefer short terms. Georges .w. bush and laura only dated for 3 months.( not the best name or example to use but it worked for them).

the length of dating can be determined by interrests in marriage and studies/carreers.but once you know that you are compatible, go ahead and have an engagement and plan your wedding . be it in months or weeks,
Re: Why Must You Date? by AmAlone: 1:17pm On May 20, 2009
Na the goodies guys dey after ma broda!
Re: Why Must You Date? by nomanicole(f): 1:19pm On May 20, 2009
dating is completely healthy.if ur scared of taking risks then certainly u haven't started.i think people should date for as long as they find each other compatible and are able to tolerate eachother,cut i think people shouldn't court for more than than two years. i guess they are two different things.
Re: Why Must You Date? by luxoire(f): 1:27pm On May 20, 2009
you date because

- you can
- you think you don't know the other person well enough
- you want a taste of who you may be about to comit your whole life to.
- you are not sure you can be in a marriage with someone you dont know and grow to love them - so you want to fall in love first
- you are not sure whether you feel strongly enough about the other person to comit to thenm fully
- you want to find out if there are any reasons / habits you may not be able to live with.

Marriage is a life time commitment and it is sacred - i think the earlier our generation start seeing it as this the better for society and all those children who suffer because of broken homes. If it means you date for while to 'be sure' then heck i say DATE - rather than take a vow before God and then break it later just because you find out after 5yrs - he is not the man yout hought he was and you can't change him!! date honestly and openly and it should be to both your benefits
Re: Why Must You Date? by bblacky(f): 1:42pm On May 20, 2009
luxoire:

you date because

- you can
- you think you don't know the other person well enough
- you are not sure you can be in a marriage with someone you dont know and grow to love them - so you want to fall in love first
- you are not sure whether you feel strongly enough about the other person to comit to thenm fully
- you want to find out if there are any reasons / habits you may not be able to live with.

Marriage is a life time commitment and it is sacred - i think the earlier our generation start seeing it as this the better for society and all those children who suffer because of broken homes. If it means you date for while to 'be sure' then heck i say DATE - rather than take a vow before God and then break it later just because you find out after 5yrs - he is not the man yout hought he was and you can't change him!! date honestly and openly and it should be to both your benefits

Dats all. one thing more, datng must not have to do wit SEX.
Re: Why Must You Date? by JJYOU: 1:46pm On May 20, 2009
luxoire:

you date because

- you can
[size=14pt][b]- you think you don't know the other person well enough
[/size]
- you want to find out if there are any reasons / habits you may not be able to live with.[/b]

God help us. someone tot at one time they knew hitler enough
Re: Why Must You Date? by luxoire(f): 1:49pm On May 20, 2009
@JJYou - well enough to marry them and support them for life - even when they make decisions we may not agree with - we stand by them - because we have made that commitment - you will NEVER know any body fully - We will never know ourselves FULLY - as we are constantly changing daily - so in a way it is always going to be a gamble and a risk - but atleast by dating it becomes a CALCULATED RISK
Re: Why Must You Date? by ChuckBass1(m): 1:57pm On May 20, 2009
Dating is over rated. You only date a chick to f***k her silly and dump her after wards. You really dont get anything from chicks except nagging, jealousy, greed, extending her personal and family problems on your head and cheating!

Why bother. Just f***k er stupid till your tired and spew her out like an irritating vomit that she is and look for another one to f**k and have a good time!

Shikena!
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 2:02pm On May 20, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Dating is over rated. You only date a chick to f***k her silly and dump her after wards. You really dont get anything from chicks except nagging, jealousy, greed, extending her personal and family problems on your head and cheating!

Why bother. Just f***k er stupid till your tired and spew her out like an irritating vomit that she is and look for another one to f**k and have a good time!

Shikena!

is this what you will tell me if i show interest in your sister,cousin or aunt or even daughter? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Must You Date? by luxoire(f): 2:04pm On May 20, 2009
Can anyone else forsee someone in this forum having a Gay marriage?

ppl who think women are not worth any effort and are only good enough for relieving their sexual pressures - will probably end up marrying a man - but keep 'f*ckin' women as they so politely put it. smiley lipsrsealed

@Eddy - i am sure the story will change then!
Re: Why Must You Date? by oludashmi(f): 2:06pm On May 20, 2009
ThinkRait:

I no know oh!!!

Dating should be between 2 matured individuals (maturity in age, finances, spirituality and so on), who have the major goal of taking the relationship to a destination.

Dating/courtship should not be less than 3 months (this is the least but not very advisable), or lets say btw 6 months and 2 years. Anything beyond 2 years may be risky cos it is no longer dating/courtship but a habit and is on the risky side.

eddy1977:

my dad was 17 and my mum 14. they got married 2 years later and have been married for almost 40 years.  my cousin was 24 and his girlfriend was 23; they dated for 8 years  only to divorce after after 1 year.

Yeah!! shocked shocked shocked

This should be in the days of  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, not advisable in this generation.
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 2:11pm On May 20, 2009
oludashmi:

Dating should be between 2 matured individuals (maturity in age, finances, spirituality and so on), who have the major goal of taking the relationship to a destination.

Dating/courtship should not be less than 3 months (this is the least but not very advisable), or lets say btw 6 months and 2 years. Anything beyond 2 years may be risky cos it is no longer dating/courtship but a habit and is on the risky side.

This should be in the days of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, not advisable in this generation.

r u making fun of my parents?
Re: Why Must You Date? by UyiIredia(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2009
never dated, yet i still get along with chicks all right cool cool
>>>>> personally don't see anythin' wrong with anyone dating as long as they're emotionally mature 4 it
>>>>>>>> and NO PRE-MARITAL SEX. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Must You Date? by pek(m): 2:29pm On May 20, 2009
lets not mistake dating for courtship. dating can lead to nowhere or to marriage, it doesnt matter. it can be long or a one night stand but courtship is one strit road to marriage!
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 2:43pm On May 20, 2009
luxoire:

Can anyone else forsee someone in this forum having a Gay marriage?

ppl who think women are not worth any effort and are only good enough for relieving their sexual pressures - will probably end up marrying a man - but keep 'f*ckin' women as they so politely put it. smiley lipsrsealed

@Eddy - i am sure the story will change then!

i agree with you. it makes me sick to death to know that dickeheads will think of women as objects. i have a sister that i love and i will strangle the man who abuses her sexually i swear.
Re: Why Must You Date? by eddy1977(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2009
oludashmi:

This should be in the days of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, not advisable in this generation.

Thank you for making fun of my loving parents who have struggled to pave a way for me to become an graduate and a gentleman today. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Must You Date? by decash(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2009
hey people,
dating to my own view help teenagers to know their weak and strong point as they are growing up to be a man/woman.
it helps you know the kind of  spouse u would like,its a mirror which would show you the real you.AND HELPS YOU CHANGE the errors in ur llife.
thanks kiss
Re: Why Must You Date? by luxoire(f): 2:48pm On May 20, 2009
Funny how some men - are protective of theirb siblings and family females - yet will abuse someone else' sister, cousin, niece

@Eddy - if you fee that way about your sis - hope you dont maltreat other women  smiley
Re: Why Must You Date? by UyiIredia(m): 2:54pm On May 20, 2009
thot i should introduce [url href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Kissed_Dating_Goodbye']I Kissed Dating Goodbye[/url] - by Joshua Harris 2 guys (who neva read it) in da house.
>>>>>>>>>don't let the title decieve u

@@de cash

don't think its necessary u date b4 u d kind of spouse u want
!!!!!!!!!will u date a guy b4 u can assess his xter??!!!!!!!!!!!
i believe more often than not people'r catchin' some fun when dating >>>>and dat ain't wrong
Re: Why Must You Date? by UyiIredia(m): 2:58pm On May 20, 2009
luxoire:

Funny how some men - are protective of theirb siblings and family females - yet will abuse someone else' sister, cousin, niece

if u get ma kind roomate u go cry. dis guy dey gist me how im tell one guy wen chike im sista say im go kill am!!!
funny enough dis same guy boasts 2 me of all his conquests in toastin' chicks >>>> funny ain't it
Re: Why Must You Date? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:00pm On May 20, 2009
so you should marry anyone you meet? isnt dating about getting to know the person esp whether or not you two are compatible enough to marry?

dumb question, dude.
Re: Why Must You Date? by NigaLurva: 3:08pm On May 20, 2009
If you don't date then who will you poke. You wan remain virgin be that o my brother. haha
Re: Why Must You Date? by vanderjo(m): 3:12pm On May 20, 2009
Dating is important cuz it helps you to know what you really want in a man or woman and it isn't all about poking.
Re: Why Must You Date? by dammizz(m): 3:15pm On May 20, 2009
I dont think there is anything bad in dating once you do it right.
As long as u avoid pre-marital sex and being too much extravagant. Those things do not add much values to the relationship, the best thing is to be yourself and stop pretending to be what u aint.

@ pek
Many dates lead to courtship and I believe first impression lasts longer, so dont take dating for granted
Re: Why Must You Date? by ayobase(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2009
hmmmmm,
I cant help peeping!!
Re: Why Must You Date? by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

so you should marry anyone you meet? isnt dating about getting to know the person esp whether or not you two are compatible enough to marry?

dumb question, dude.

Pls don't mistake datinf for friendship. You don't date to know who you're going to marry. Aint you supposed to marry your friend?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Finished / Nigerian Women Bashing / Put All Your Eggs In One Basket Or Keep Your Options Open?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.