Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,722 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome (34238 Views)

Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. / Nexthome Official Complaint Thread / Modern Office Renovation | Nexthome H52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by PeoplesArmy: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2015
brabus:
11 days of non-stop activities | Here we are.

Over 4,000 sandcrete blocks, Fence raft and walls raised, Foundation raft completed, Sandfilling almost completed and more.

Good speed, Good progress, Wonderful budget! Happy Client, Happy Builder! No hungry relatives or interfering parties. No ammendment on site. All changes and ammendment were done on paper. No Land urchins. No stealing of materials because we can't steal from ourselves. No stories. No heartache.

First milestone of the Browne Mews is to be completed soon.

Remember, payment are made to NextHome based on milestones achieved. NextHome will not receive payment for milestones yet to be completed. It's part of the contract.

Can you beat that?

You can go place if you want. I am happy you are learning that not every aspiring landlord is a potential client. You should focus now on finding best fit.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
Piles of Rebars and Vapour Barriers

A large amount of sturdy rebar for the foundation mat has been prepared. Rebar is a metal bar which helps strengthen the cement foundation, and they are laid out through the grid according to structural drawings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDXouubVdaU

Vapor barriers are installed to protect what is inside the house from destructive matter that can seep through the foundational floor. If a vapor barrier is not installed, water will seep into the foundation and cause a major damage to wood floors, walls, and paintings in a house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0S5dfrYmc8
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:07pm On Dec 05, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

You can go place if you want. I am happy you are learning that not every aspiring landlord is a potential client. You should focus now on finding best fit.

Never has a truer word been spoken. Very noble.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
"Words on Marble"

You just finished paying for your land and you're already bragging. Land purchase is just 5% of home ownership. In fact, shell construction (ie. All works till roofing stage is just 40% completion). Tread softly. ~ Brabus

It is "mumucious" to pay over N30m for a building with an estimated budget of N15m all in the name of using the best quality. Irrespective of what you use to build your house, every building has a price tag. People will pay more for a hut in the right location than a castle in the middle of nowhere couple with lack of ample parking space. ~ Brabus
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2015
Browne Mews | Important Stats

- 4 family dwellings with about 250m2 per family

- Parking space for 16 cars excluding spaces outside the fence.

- 3m setback from the fence to communal drainage with provision 900mm walkway after 2m lawn.

- 30m2 maintenance/generator room

- 26m2 gate house with dedicated pedestrian gate

- 3kva inverter and 4 batteries in each flat

A smart client makes the wisest investment decision. Our client at the Browne Mews just did!

He said "Brabus, I have XYZ. I want ABC. What can be done?" I gave him options between Cranbel by PropertyMart and Browne Mews by NextHome. And here we are today. Browne Mews is now open for live inspection. We invite you to come and see us build live.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
Browne Mews | We're ready!

Next week Tuesday is a big milestone for us. We will finally, finally be out of grounds. All is set for the next milestone which is Raising the Walls.

In the meantime I thought I should fill you in on what we’ve done in readiness for the next BIG thing after DPC.

1. 4,000 blocks are already on ground for the ground floor block work. Strategically positioned.

2. Preparation of 55 column extensions ongoing.

3. Preparation of rings for the lintels completed.

4. Plumbing Sleeves and Pipes already installed.

5. Marine forms in the mills been sawn into various sizes needed for the columns and decorative casts as required on the facade.

6. First-line bricklayers shortlisted. It's a start-to-finish job.

7. Toolbox full of construction tools will be handed over to the supervisor on site. Plumb lines, spirit level, laser level, iron square, saw, hammer (different sizes), quick nails, giant staple gun, fret saw, handsaw, router, cordless drill.

Can you beat this?

No delay in getting approvals. No "Call my daddy to bring the wheelbarrow" "Call Alhaja to carry block" "Call Alhaji to talk to his boys" "Call Ijebu to supply Pako"

Here, we have defined roles and everyone is following it to the letter.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
brabus:
"Words on Marble"

You just finished paying for your land and you're already bragging. Land purchase is just 5% of home ownership. In fact, shell construction (ie. All works till roofing stage is just 40% completion). Tread softly. ~ Brabus

It is "mumucious" to pay over N30m for a building with an estimated budget of N15m all in the name of using the best quality. Irrespective of what you use to build your house, every building has a price tag. People will pay more for a hut in the right location than a castle in the middle of nowhere couple with lack of ample parking space. ~ Brabus

It's a major milestone that shouldn't be discounted.

Many are in beer pallors nightly with no land to show.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

That's why I advice these guys not to take every job that comes across their desk.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:29am On Dec 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

When I read some words here on Nairaland, I always shook my heads in despair and wish that "May God remove the speck on the eyes of some of these overgrown babies."

When you fail to plan, you're a failure already. It's even worse when you don't realize it. Nobody is gonna fix your life for you. Start taking ownership.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
End of Day 14 | Browne Mews by NextHome

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 3:35am On Dec 07, 2015
Season's Greetings from the NextHome family.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 6:26am On Dec 07, 2015
Smiley001, why did you do this?
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by smiley001(m): 8:07am On Dec 07, 2015
brabus:
Smiley001, why did you do this?

Sup sir? Any prob?
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2015
I asked for more, you (smiley001) gave even more. I'm WOWed!!!

Nice delivery, good quantity/quality.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:18am On Dec 07, 2015
Now we can do DPC with the right quantity of material supplied by a reputable supplier unlike when they gave us 5 loads of granite to do DPC of a lesser foundation and still wasn't enough. And yet they claim we stole their stones. "Mumulicious mugu enriching greedy suppliers"

#keepwastingyourhardearnedmoney
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Dominionng(m): 8:56am On Dec 07, 2015
brabus:
I asked for more, you (smiley001) gave even more. I'm WOWed!!!

Nice delivery, good quantity/quality.

Reviews like this gladden the soul! Thumbs up to both parties.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2015
Dominionng:

Reviews like this gladden the soul! Thumbs up to both parties.

We are human and we acknowledge good deeds. Smiley001 did so well!

@Dominionng, how your side na?
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 10:22am On Dec 07, 2015
Browne Mews by NextHome | Where things work

Just this morning, my iron benders have done this.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by mavverick: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
Now, before anyone says that I am coming here to moan again. I would like to spell out the details here in full and if brabus likes he can deny or confirm what I am saying. A family member of mine contracted Brabus for a building construction and also the associated architectural drawings. Now, according to Brabus, he said he has supplied the 5 sets of drawings etc.

I have asked him for a soft copy or PDF version of the plans, and he has refused to provide them. He’s saying to me that the architect who did the drawings is no longer under his paid employment. AS a customer, what’s is my business with that ? We paid you a certain amount for drawings, you gave us the hard copy but we are also entitled to the soft copy as well or is this not the case ?
From my own architect, this has never been a problem, from other professional architects that I have asked as well, the norm is that clients gets emailed the soft copy of the drawings. This is standard, but BRABUS as usual, unprofessionalism, fraud and deception is the order of the day.

He even went as far as saying that he can give me the number of the architect who did the drawing, now from what I have heard, he’s requesting extra payment to release the soft copy ! This is after we have paid Bosun/Nexthome / Brabus money in full for the architectural drawings. How unprofessional is this

Can people in the house inform me whether its normal to pay extra for a soft copy of your OWN building drawings. I just find this absurd from BRABUS, but at the end of the day, this is BRABUS, always expect the unexpected.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Happening Now!

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by mavverick: 12:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
When will I get the drawings which you collected money for ?
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Carpentary work in progress

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Sand delivery by NextHome Dump Truck

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by mavverick: 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
The Fraud is at work again, I hope the sand is being counted this time around and no need to get a scientist to calculate how much sand has been dropped ?
When will we get the drawings again ?
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by 4nobody4every1: 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
EgunMogaji:

. You are right, l have a friend who makes more than 1.8 million naira monthly,he is single, no dependant , but, guess what, he has no land nor has he built a room for himself, l have advised him to buy a plot of land anywhere in lagos to commence his building, but he keeps telling me stories that when he is ready he will buy at ikoyi, Victoria island etc but looking at him he is not ready, his investment is in different babes, sleeping in expensive hotels, clubbing, he can spend 100,000 naira for drinking and women within 2 or 3 days but he has no house of his own etc, l have stopped advising him, but he will soon learn in the nearest future that kaki no be leather>>> ""the eyes that sees are few but the once that look are many"" angry angry...

3 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
NextHome coming to Gbagada!!

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
4nobody4every1:
"the eyes that sees are few but the ones that look are many" angry angry...

Word on marble.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
We're ready! | Day 15

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Final Checks prior to casting

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Aggregates and More

No last minute rush. Till tomorrow. Let me have some rest while awaiting report from our Gbagada site survey.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
End of Day 15 | Browne Mews

Early to bed is early to rise. Good time to catch up over a glass of wine with my client, a decorated Officer of the Order of the Federal Republic (OFR).

"Iron sharpeneth iron." - the owner of Browne Mews

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by mavverick: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
When will I receive the drawings !!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

24 Escape Death As Two Buildings Collapse In Anambra (Photos) / What Is The Estimated Cost for DECKING 2 Bedroom Duplex / Urgent Sale: 1 &Half Plot @ Treasure Park Est8 Ph 2 (CITY OF DAVID), Shimawa #6M

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.