Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (23260 Views)

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre / Philip Effiong's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
lalasticlala:
Philip Effiong Turns 90 Today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Effiong

Brainwashed calarba man. he deserve to die like ojukwu for eating with the devil.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
kozmokaz:
one machinery? I fuckly gave u over 8 countries !!

also hope u know d military casualties on both side was surprising ? ojukwu stated with 6000 soldiers but over 30000 surrendered

Nigeria lost btwn 30000-50000 service men. while Biafra lost btwn 10000- 25000 service men

Nigeria hand over 150000 soldiers yet dey still demanded for machineries... wat a country ...

ogbunigwe ... hope u are not shaking ... by d mention of ogbunigwe d Nigeria army trembles!!!

even d Nigerian army employed cows as advance force to shield dem from d great ogbunigwe....

summing it up ; if d war was just btwn Nigeria and Biafra .. it wouldn't have lasted dat long !!!

See revisionist. Hope u know DT when ojukwu was drumming d beats of war MAJORITY of d Nigerian army were Igbo. Very few were other tribes. Also MAJORITY of d top brass schooled at Sandhurst. It was d most prepared and equipped army. DTS what gave nzeogwu the boldness b4 d coup and DTS what gave ojukwu his boldness b4 d war. EVERYONE IN NIGERIA KNEW DT D IGBOs HAD A STRONGER ARMY!! And they received a lot of artillery from their partners. Read dis excerpt from an interview wt nzeogw before d war:

Ejindu: From the present chaos, what type of Nigeria do you envisage?

Nzeogwu: In the first place, secession will be ill-advised, indeed impossible. Even if the East fights a war of secession and wins, it still cannot secede. Personally, I don’t like secession and if this country disintegrates, I shall pack up my things and go. In the present circumstances, confederation is the best answer as a temporary measure. In time, we shall have complete unity. Give this country a confederation and, believe me, in ten or fifteen years the young men will find it intolerable, and will get together to change it. And it is obvious we shall get a confederation or something near it. Nothing will stop that.

Ejindu: Do you think there will be any war?

Nzeogwu: No. Nobody wants to fight. The East which is best equipped and best prepared for war, does not want to attack anybody. The North cannot fight. And Lagos cannot fight now. If they had attacked the East in August or September, they would have had a walk-over. Today, I think they will be ill-advised to try.

Ejindu: An Englishman said to me the other day that the best thing Ojukwu can do is to take over Lagos. Do you think he can do it even if he wanted to?

Nzeogwu: Yes, I think the East is strong enough to do it if they want to. But it will serve no useful purpose. It can only serve to destroy life and property. You see, the effective power does not lie in Lagos but in Kaduna, and if you remove Gowon somebody else will take his place. If you capture the South against the North, all you can achieve is civil war, disintegration and border clashes.

Ejindu: Finally, let me come to the controversy over your release. Much as it has been a popular action you have been released by the east government against the wish of the federal government. What do you say to that?

Nzeogwu: All I can say is that I am happy and grateful to be out. We feel grateful to the Nsukka students for their persistent demand, and to the boys in the barracks for their pressure on the authorities in the east. And to the Nigerian public in general for their concern over our welfare.

Also, as is d typical stance of all clueless igbos since time immemorial, when dealing wt d quiet, respectful pple from d SW, their friendly calm demeanour is seen as weakness. Nzeogwu clearly felt d same way & completely underestimated DT region. Brawn has never ever won over brain.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ocelot2006(m): 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
In the end it took an Ibibio man to end the whole Biafran madness while his boss and collegues from the SE ran away. Yet same group wants us to join them again in a repeat of same madness they instigated decades ago. Talk of stupidity.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 1:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
kozmokaz:
if he had died den all hope would av been lost ... buh going on exile gave d ppl hope DAT he s still alive and in safe hand !! I believe d Nigeria government made fruitless efforts to eliminate him der

Guy, you have not answered my previous question... just what exactly did Ojukwu achieve with his 'tactical withdrawal' kwa?? shocked shocked And how many years did he spend in exile during this tactical withdrawal, and what did he do for the benefit of his people during this period? Simple question. undecided

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
ocelot2006:
In the end it took an Ibibio man to end the whole Biafran madness while his boss and collegues from the SE ran away. Yet same group wants us to join them again in a repeat of same madness they instigated decades ago. Talk of stupidity.

I think say na only me see am.... undecided
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
kingzizzy:

If armed robbers invade your house and you have only one gun with limited bullets. You fire and they fire, but you hold out until the situation becomes hopeless. Do you stay back for certain death to prove you are brave or do you escape? That's the situation Ojukwu was in.

Ojukwu was fighting for the freedom of his people, Hitler was fighting to enslave people.
yes.. I will stay if I have commanded my friends to stay and fight the robbers alongside me and they showed loyalty and in the process died in the battle against the robbers due to my command ..

Its complete cowardice to order my friends to face deadly robbers and they obey cos they thought I have a joker to finish the robbers only for me to run away after realizing that the situation is hopeless ...

Go and read about Hitlers plan for Germany and why many Germans followed him through thin and thicks..

5 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
janellemonae:

Ojukwu was a coward. FACT.

He couldn't look his officers in d eye as he LIED to them he was going to get weapons. FACT.

If he hadn't ran away or hadn't bn captured, his henchmen were ready to kill him cos they were disgruntled. Rmmber he killed nzeogwu, ifeajuna & banjo. FACT.

This was all revealed in Philip effiongs book.

Brainwashed cow, u need to read.

It is your useless and cursed senile father shiiting in his pants that is a brainwashed grass eating cow.

Baastard son of a black village witch.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nicepoker(m): 1:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
kingzizzy:
I recommend that everyone should read Philip Effiongs "Biafra: My story". Philip Effiong was an admirable man. He stood by his boss through thick and thin. It should be noted that had Ojukwu stayed back at the end of the war, he would have been caught and killed for nothing but the Nigerian authorities had no beef with Philip Effiong. It should be noted that Philip Effiong joined the Nigerian Army in Enugu in 1945.

I'm happy that when he died, Biafrans went to Ibinio Obong to give him an unforgettable burial.
correction. Ibiono ibom.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
theshield:
Brainwashed calarba man. he deserve to die like ojukwu for eating with the devil.

You have a screw loose in your brain!! You obviously missed your way in here - everyone knows you were heading for the psychiatric ward. Abeg, swerve!! angry
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

You have a screw loose in your brain!! You obviously missed your way in here - everyone knows you were heading for the psychiatric ward. Abeg, swerve!! angry

i will answer you when you stop cleaning ur yansh with newspaper after after eating smelly okazi shyte soup.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
kingzizzy:

If armed robbers invade your house and you have only one gun with limited bullets. You fire and they fire, but you hold out until the situation becomes hopeless. Do you stay back for certain death to prove you are brave or do you escape? That's the situation Ojukwu was in.

Ojukwu was fighting for the freedom of his people, Hitler was fighting to enslave people.

Ojukwu and Hitler were both fighting a war based on greed and tribal supremacy. Same motive. The only difference is Hitlers motive was pure & unadulterated, ojukwus' was contaminated wt self interest.

Read about d invasion & looting of d Midwest. Here's a link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

You think d rivers pple didnt have a reason b4 kicking biafrans out & claiming their houses? No southsoutherner or minority should ever call DT dog a hero.
After all those killings u still think he was justified in running away, coming back rich, contesting an election, marrying beauty queens, being tabloid fodder, growing old while some families in his land had their generations wiped out?

3 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ojukwu was merely a military pedestrian. A pompous egoistic overfed little dude who could not differentiate war of words from war of ammunition. With his boastfulness, one would think he had a well-equipped army that could overrun the Nigerian state. Alas! He scampered away when real war, not propaganda, began. Coward Ojukwu!

6 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by jstriker442(m): 1:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

been reading ur posts. Bros wat is your point ??
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meccuno: 1:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
GspotAngela:
3MCDO suffered minimal casualty before Operation OAU(Owerri, Aba, Umuahia). It was a mission hinged on Adekunle's over bloated ego after the spectular success his division recorded in chasing the biafran occupiers away from the Niger Delta areas. It was not part of the 3MCDO's initial battle plan. Adekunle ordered the Operation as an October 1st 1968 independence gift to General Gowon

Britain and USSR supported Nigeria, so also did France, Portugal, South Africa, Haiti, Zambia, Gabon, Tanzania, Ivory Coast support Biafra
there is a difference between recognition and support.......I usually don't get into these kind of arguments, but the truth be told......the support militarily that Nigeria got from britain and russia was helpful to say the least......the biafrans got zero help and even if they did, was very insignificant.....the amunitions where rationed among soldiers if you actually read anything about the war because I believe you where not born then.......so listing all those countries to make the list plenty doesn't help your cause only for those who are ignorant.......south african mecenaries came to train the soldiers in guerilla warfare because most of the senior officers where not taught these things in sandhurst which was an elite military college coupled with the fact that these SA soldiers had fought the british before so they were enemies.......some times its better to learn than to argue so that people would assume you won the argument.....

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
jstriker442:
been reading ur posts. Bros wat is your point ??

Didn't you just read how the shield insulted the memory of that honourable man - Obong (Major-General) Philip Asuquo Effiong?? angry
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meccuno: 1:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Politicos:
Ojukwu was merely a military pedestrian. A pompous egoistic overfed little dude who could not differentiate war of words from war of ammunition. With his boastfulness, one would think he had a well-equipped army that could overrun the Nigerian state. Alas! He scampered away when real war, not propaganda, began. Coward Ojukwu!
after fighting for three years? What about diya and co who didn't even fight and where begging a major who they were years his senior and shitting in their pants? Or obasanjo who ran away and was shot in the buttocks? Or his son who eventually accomplished the same feat?? Please don't throw stones when u live in a glass house
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Bros, so you don't even know the then Second-in-command and later President of what you're agitating for?

I am not agitating for anything not every igbo wants biafra ah ah
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by AkwaIbomrep1: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
We the good people of Akwa Abasi ibom state of Biafra happily wish our hero, our son Major GEN. Philp Effiong a happy ''posthumous'' birthday ....ur excellency sir when u were alive u were known as akankang Biafra (Biafran sword) we want u to help us together with ur brother ojukwu & pray for Biafra emancipation ,the british mistake called nigeria is still existing to the detriment of Biafrans ,u fought the war for us so that we will not fight but be free , ur excellency sir tell nigerian govt. To release Nnamdi kanu & other Biafran heroes being jailed for no just cause, ur excellency ,here in Akwa Abasi ibom state northerners controls all our oil well ,we don't have any billionaire here in Akwa ibom while the likes of atiku abubakar & co are feeding fat from our oil money ,ur excellency uptil now Akwa ibom state has no refinery upon all the oil , ur excellency pls pray for us ....yak Abasi ibom eyong akpeme ndito Biafra ke ubok naijeria.......Amen !!! #VisitAkwaibom

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by wiseoneking: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Coolabbie:
We Ibibios don't run away, it has never been in our gene unlike some.

@Post, Happy birthday Sir.
Even though they left everything for you, You used wisdom to come out victorious.
You surrendered to one Nigeria and we your descendants shall remain in that Nigeria.
you dont sound ibibion and ibibio blood can never run in your cowardly words: your decendants shall ever remain in one nigeria. This is a country that pauperise ibibio to the extent that the ibibios are taking as house helps and cooks. 80% of thesame oil well in your background are been controlled by people who travelled more than 1500km from the north. Do only thing you gain is been humiliated. Imagine an hausa man mocking ibibio nation that their daughters are good as house girls. Thank God, akpabio said that he is changing that. You want me to be that you are an ibibio lady? Na lie.No ibibio person would want to remain in nigeria. Ekwueme and nwabueze were the duo that spearheaded 6 zonal structure of today where SS is having a voice, he fought for 50% derivates which the north fought back and after everything, he won 13% not for the SE but SS who got the major deposit. How about the recent conf where it was SE a major support for 25% derivative yet thesame naija shout down your parents. Today with all your huge resources, you are still backward to the extend of your love 4 nigeria. Biafra believe in resource control and federating unit, why must a right thinking ibibio man be comfortable in a nation where he fought to be giving 13% of their wealth and 80% of the oil wells are the hands of people that enslaves them. You cant be real ibibio

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meccuno: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
janellemonae:

Ojukwu and Hitler were both fighting a war based on greed and tribal supremacy. Same motive. The only difference is Hitlers motive was pure & unadulterated, ojukwus' was contaminated wt self interest.

Read about d invasion & looting of d Midwest. Here's a link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_Invasion_of_1967

You think d rivers pple didnt have a reason b4 kicking biafrans out & claiming their houses? No southsoutherner or minority should ever call DT dog a hero.
After all those killings u still think he was justified in running away, coming back rich, contesting an election, marrying beauty queens, being tabloid fodder, growing old while some families in his land had their generations wiped out?
am sorry for your children, if this is the story Ýou would tell them about who ojukwu was........he wasn't perfect, but comparing ojukwu with hitler shows how foo.lish, dumb and ignorant you are..........I don't know how old you are, but I will assume u are seeking for admission and still writing jamb.........hitler wanted to expand his philosophy by attacking countries and preaching his white supremacy while ojukwu after discussions with gowon as a result of killings in the north of igbos felt it would be safer to leave the entity called Nigeria so that there would be peace........one was the aggressor and one was on the defensive........pick a book and don't be an idi.ot......

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
meccuno:
after fighting for three years? What about diya and co who didn't even fight and where begging a major who they were years his senior and shitting in their pants? Or obasanjo who ran away and was shot in the buttocks? Or his son who eventually accomplished the same feat?? Please don't throw stones when u live in a glass house

You are a reasonable fellow. Got your point. But I stand by mine. Peace!
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kozmokaz(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
janellemonae:

See revisionist. Hope u know DT when ojukwu was drumming d beats of war MAJORITY of d Nigerian army were Igbo. Very few were other tribes. Also MAJORITY of d top brass schooled at Sandhurst. It was d most prepared and equipped army. DTS what gave nzeogwu the boldness b4 d coup and DTS what gave ojukwu his boldness b4 d war. EVERYONE IN NIGERIA KNEW DT D IGBOs HAD A STRONGER ARMY!! And they received a lot of artillery from their partners. Read dis excerpt from an interview wt nzeogw before d war:

Ejindu: From the present chaos, what type of Nigeria do you envisage?

Nzeogwu: In the first place, secession will be ill-advised, indeed impossible. Even if the East fights a war of secession and wins, it still cannot secede. Personally, I don’t like secession and if this country disintegrates, I shall pack up my things and go. In the present circumstances, confederation is the best answer as a temporary measure. In time, we shall have complete unity. Give this country a confederation and, believe me, in ten or fifteen years the young men will find it intolerable, and will get together to change it. And it is obvious we shall get a confederation or something near it. Nothing will stop that.

Ejindu: Do you think there will be any war?

Nzeogwu: No. Nobody wants to fight. The East which is best equipped and best prepared for war, does not want to attack anybody. The North cannot fight. And Lagos cannot fight now. If they had attacked the East in August or September, they would have had a walk-over. Today, I think they will be ill-advised to try.

Ejindu: An Englishman said to me the other day that the best thing Ojukwu can do is to take over Lagos. Do you think he can do it even if he wanted to?

Nzeogwu: Yes, I think the East is strong enough to do it if they want to. But it will serve no useful purpose. It can only serve to destroy life and property. You see, the effective power does not lie in Lagos but in Kaduna, and if you remove Gowon somebody else will take his place. If you capture the South against the North, all you can achieve is civil war, disintegration and border clashes.

Ejindu: Finally, let me come to the controversy over your release. Much as it has been a popular action you have been released by the east government against the wish of the federal government. What do you say to that?

Nzeogwu: All I can say is that I am happy and grateful to be out. We feel grateful to the Nsukka students for their persistent demand, and to the boys in the barracks for their pressure on the authorities in the east. And to the Nigerian public in general for their concern over our welfare.

Also, as is d typical stance of all clueless igbos since time immemorial, when dealing wt d quiet, respectful pple from d SW, their friendly calm demeanour is seen as weakness. Nzeogwu clearly felt d same way & completely underestimated DT region. Brawn has never ever won over brain.
well said ... we had a strong army ... but were ill equiped !! we built our own tanks: we built. our own guns : we made use of way we have and not wat we can gt!!

kindly post me a link to dis ur write up ...need to read mor
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by jstriker442(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

Didn't you just read how the shield insulted the memory of that honourable man - Obong (Major-General) Philip Asuquo Effiong?? angry
truth is we should preach how we can be 1 nigeria.......... I dnt think any1 here was born during the war let alone fought. The war is long gone lets come together nd preach one nigeria.........the biafran leaders are fools to some, heroes to others. Leave their people to praisw
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by wiseoneking: 1:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
porshuch:
I remembered the day my father told me the story about Biafra, when he ended the story, I looked into his eyes and told him that the war hero was Philip Effiong
so biafra is real and alive? Why is it that people believe it is dead. So "there was a country". Effiong a ss man was a biafra?
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Banter1(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
Armaggedon:
Hbd hero
The zoo must fall!

YES.

THE

ZOO

CALLED

Biafra

MOST

FAILED.

NONSENSE.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meccuno: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
yes.. I will stay if I have commanded my friends to stay and fight the robbers alongside me and they showed loyalty and in the process died in the battle against the robbers due to my command ..

Its complete cowardice to order my friends to face deadly robbers and they obey cos they thought I have a joker to finish the robbers only for me to run away after realizing that the situation is hopeless ...

Go and read about Hitlers plan for Germany and why many Germans followed him through thin and thicks..
so the hero abiola who wasn't a coward and died a miserable death with his family in disarray,confused and forgotten a valid example of who a hero is to you? Or an awolowo who died by taking rat poison because he was scared of going back to prison because he was a coup plotter a brave man? Being smart is the name of the game.......its only those who win a war that are spoken about......aguiyi ironsi stood his ground and was killed........does it make him a brave man?? All your people who were "brave" all died and are only remembered by your people......ojukwu died and was buried with full military honours.........give him his respect.......
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ThisMeansWAR: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
meccuno:
so the hero abiola who wasn't a coward and died a miserable death with his family in disarray,confused and forgotten a valid example of who a hero is to you? Or an awolowo who died by taking rat poison because he was scared of going back to prison because he was a coup plotter a brave man? Being smart is the name of the game.......its only those who win a war that are spoken about......aguiyi ironsi stood his ground and was killed........does it make him a brave man?? All your people who were "brave" all died and are only remembered by your people......ojukwu died and was buried with full military honours.........give him his respect.......
lmao... Your ojukwu died a nigerian, what does that tell you?
Awolowo didnt die of rat poison and he is one of the most celebrated nigerians.. Heck you even have awolowos face on nigerians currency. They dn't put coward and a traitor's face on currency.. We have many things named after awolowo, including university.. Those are rewards for being a hero and standing by your people. same as abiola... What has being ojukwu's heroic achievement? Lemme guess ... Nothing! Hahahahahahah grin exept for being a coward rebel. .. How many celebrated heroes have u seen running away when thing get tough? From mandela, to fela, to saro wiwa, to king jaja. Only cowards run.

8 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by 8unit(f): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:
Who is he? Cos we don't know him here in russia

yea you shouldn't. Biafra isn't your business. Mind your business
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Coolabbie: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
wiseoneking:
you dont sound ibibion and ibibio blood can never run in your cowardly words: your decendants shall ever remain in one nigeria. This is a country that pauperise ibibio to the extent that the ibibios are taking as house helps and cooks. 80% of thesame oil well in your background are been controlled by people who travelled more than 1500km from the north. Do only thing you gain is been humiliated. Imagine an hausa man mocking ibibio nation that their daughters are good as house girls. Thank God, akpabio said that he is changing that. You want me to be that you are an ibibio lady? Na lie.No ibibio person would want to remain in nigeria. Ekwueme and nwabueze were the duo that spearheaded 6 zonal structure of today where SS is having a voice, he fought for 50% derivates which the north fought back and after everything, he won 13% not for the SE but SS who got the major deposit. How about the recent conf where it was SE a major support for 25% derivative yet thesame naija shout down your parents. Today with all your huge resources, you are still backward to the extend of your love 4 nigeria. Biafra believe in resource control and federating unit, why must a right thinking ibibio man be comfortable in a nation where he fought to be giving 13% of their wealth and 80% of the oil wells are the hands of people that enslaves them. You cant be real ibibio
If the only option available is biafra, then I will rather be in Nigeria.
You should know what the ibos are capable of, we are neighbours.
No way will I be in a country filled with ndito unenge, they will wipe us out.
Until the Ibibios advocate for their own country separate from others, I will continuously shout one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Mpanyi: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
Great man! Meanwhile Ojukwu's escape made Nigeria's victory inconclusive and made Nigeria to be cautious and ever wary.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 2:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
wiseoneking:

You are sitting behind your keyboard and have never seen her, so how did you arrive at this conclusion that she is from a different ethnic group?? By telepathy?? Or by psychic means?? shocked shocked

In one breath, you are claiming she is not Ibibio. In the next breath you are insulting the Ibibio for being househelps. Must you insult an entire ethnic group to make a point?? Do you think your overbearing comments and contemptuous views, will make them support you? If Ibibio were being used as house helps, that was in the past - not any more! At least, they believed in the dignity of honest labour! undecided

Coolabbie:
If the only option available is biafra, then I will rather be in Nigeria.
You should know what the ibos are capable of, we are neighbours.
No way will I be in a country filled with ndito unenge, they will wipe us out.
Until the Ibibios advocate for their own country separate from others, I will continuously shout one Nigeria.

Just ignore him! angry Don't get worked up because of another man's narrow-mindedness and myopic rhetoric!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Charges Saraki And Ekweremadu With Forgery / World Class 10,000 Seat Bayelsa State Ecumenical Centre Built By Gov. Dickson / Why We Shelved Strike – Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.