Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (23259 Views)

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre / Philip Effiong's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by looseweight: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2015
kingzizzy:
The people who fought for Biafra, the Biafran soldiers such as my father, they did not fight for Ojukwu. People like my father fought for their freedom and they were to prepared to die for it. Those men did not fight for Ojukwu. As for Ojukwu, only a stupid soldier will allow himself to be captured or killed for nothing in a hopeless situation. A soldier who survives today, survives to fight another day.

Guy, those who went to the warfront did so on the orders of Ojukwu. They were the heroes who knew their lives could be taken on the battlefield, but they still went ahead, anyway. Ojukwu on the other hand was a coward, who rather than give his life to the cause chose to run away, when he could have faced the enemies in mortal combat at the end, like his soldiers did on the battlefield.

7 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by IGBOPRINCE: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

property saga is a discussion for another day but the truth is that only a foolsih General will allow himself to be captured or killed when there is room for escpae.

Ojukwu saw that he could escape to Abidjan and he used it.
don't mind that guy call laudate, was he expecting him(ojukwu) to died before his time Can he died before his time without seeing his grand children? Just died without seeing your old age? When he s not crazy cheesy

What s the different between if he was captured at 34 and killed/ died at 34, than to live up to 74 of his age and died at 74 peacefully?

When will people stop talking like kids? IndiaAmin of uganda got his chance, he left his country and he live upto his old age.

So people want ojukwu to died for nothing because he led his people to fought for their freedom and be buried in biafra because he s a leader and a hero.

Then let that hero thing burn to hell. Am happy ojukwu left the country for his own safety and futuristic reasons.

We love him and we will continued to love him like that.

if you re not ok with the decision he took in 1970s then let them go and died before their time and people like laudate and other touts should stop telling us ojukwu abandoned his people.

Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by theDEVILisHERE: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2015
lalasticlala:
Philip Effiong Turns 90 Today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Effiong

He was a great Biafran

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 11:50am On Nov 18, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
don't mind that guy call laudate, was he expecting him(ojukwu) to died before his time Can he died before his time? Just died without seeing your old age? When he s not crazy cheesy

What s the different between if he was captured at 34 and killed/ died at 34 than when he live up to 74 of his age and died at 74 peacefully..

When will people stop talking like kids? IndiaAmin of uganda got his chance, he left his country and he live upto his old age.

So people want ojukwu to died for nothing because he led his people to fight for their freedom and be buried in biafra because he s a leader and a hero.

Then let that hero thing burn to hell. Am happy ojukwu left the country for his own safety and he came back again.

We love him and we will continued to love him like that.

if you re not ok with the decision he took in 1970s then let them go and died before their time and people like laudate and other touts should stop telling us ojukwu abandoned his people.

Na wa o.

Ehn?? I know say you go call my name. The people Ojukwu sent to the battlefield to fight the Biafran cause, did they tell you that they too did not want to live until their old age, before dying in peace?? Just asking. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by theDEVILisHERE: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

Guy, those who went to the warfront did so on the orders of Ojukwu. They were the heroes who knew their lives could be taken on the battlefield, but they still went ahead, anyway. Ojukwu on the other hand was a coward, who rather than give his life to the cause chose to run away, when he could have faced the enemies in mortal combat at the end, like his soldiers did on the battlefield.

You are in no position to tell Biafrans who their hero's are
You are not a Biafran
Leave Biafrans to decide who their Hero's are

4 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

3MCDO that lost one-third of the squad before starting operation OAU that it was formed for?

Britain & USSR supplied the heavy armoured vehicles and artillery guns they used which Biafra lacked.
Liar! 3MCDO was formed long ago before the planned launch of Operation OAU. It was responsible for the operations in Warri, Ughelli, Bomadi, Patani, Burutu and the whole of today's Rivers and Bayelsa states. These operations culminated with the liberation of Port Harcourt. It was after the capture of Port Harcourt that Adekunle drew the plan for Operation OAU, but was replaced by Col. Obasanjo as GOC.

Biafra also got foreign aid like Nigeria. After the Nigerian Army liberated the seaport town of Calabar and the airport town of Enugu, Biafran contacts to the outside world throughwhich it got arms, France and Israel started taking their military hardware and arms for Biafra to Gabon, from where they were flown to the airstrips in Uli and Uga.

8 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 11:57am On Nov 18, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:
You are not a Biafran

Nobody is telling the Biafrans who their heroes are. A description of what constitutes heroism, was merely given. Stick to the topic. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kozmokaz(m): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2015
Philip effiong .... keep resting in d lord!!!

Biafra my country
buh wait ooo

effiong is from the " south south" and some cowards from dat Syd is still counting dem self out of Biafra.... una own coward level don enter one chance ooooi
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by sexaddict08(m): 11:59am On Nov 18, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:

You are not a Biafran

so, who's Biafra hero...Hero Lager Beer?

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by entertainnaija: 12:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kozmokaz(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Liar! 3MCDO was formed long ago before the planned launch of Operation OAU. It was responsible for the operations in Warri, Ughelli, Bomadi, Patani, Burutu and the whole of today's Rivers and Bayelsa states. These operations culminated with the liberation of Port Harcourt. It was after the capture of Port Harcourt that Adekunle drew the plan for Operation OAU, but was replaced by Col. Obasanjo as GOC.

Biafra also got foreign aid like Nigeria. After the Nigerian Army liberated the seaport town of Calabar and the airport town of Enugu, Biafran contacts to the outside world throughwhich it got arms, France and Israel started taking their military hardware and arms for Biafra to Gabon, from where they were flown to the airstrips in Uli and Uga.
the only help d biafrans got were in d pages of news paper!!! Biafra fought d world and no Nigeria!!!

o hail Biafra!!!

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by IGBOPRINCE: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

Ehn?? I know say you go call my name. The people Ojukwu sent to the battlefield to fight the Biafran cause, did they tell you that they too did not want to live until their old age, before dying in peace?? Just asking. undecided
re edit my post negga.. You shouldn't have comment here if you don't want me to call your name..

You too dey talk too much that s why. sad
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Coolabbie:
We Ibibios don't run away, it has never been in our gene unlike some.

@Post, Happy birthday Sir.
Even though they left everything for you, You used wisdom to come out victorious.
You surrendered to one Nigeria and we your descendants shall remain in that Nigeria.
What of Okoko Ndem? The erstwhile radio biafra chief propagandist? In concert with late Senator Uche Chukwumerije.
This imposter Nnamdi Kanu a hooligan,a wayward son whose father Eze Isreal Kanu feed fat from Abia state royal fathers monthly stipends, never come close

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by hisclemency(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
need help with your admission or you need help with these year -JAMB you need help in knowing which course is suitable for your result or you want to know your -JAMB subject combination visit

N
A
I
J
A
B
L
A
K
E
C
O
M

speak with admin....

happy birthday 90 not easy
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Richiez(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
kingzizzy:

The people who fought for Biafra, the Biafran soldiers such as my father, they did not fight for Ojukwu. People like my father fought for their freedom and they were to prepared to die for it. Those men did not fight for Ojukwu. As for Ojukwu, only a stupid soldier will allow himself to be captured or killed for nothing in a hopeless situation. A soldier who survives today, survives to fight another day.
lol ... Coward talking ... Hitler led many people to death and had a big chance of escaping before they capture Berlin but chose to stay by the people that died instead ... But coward ran away and you are here praising him after he has commanded many to their death ...
Its like praising our soilders that ldesssed like civilians leaving their weapons to abscond to Cameroon ...
Coward is a coward ...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Tobitrueman(m): 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
I never believed until I logged in http://PayRefe.net/­index.php?ref=323786
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
IGBOPRINCE:
re edit my post negga.. You shouldn't have comment here if you don't want me to call your name..

You too dey talk too much that s why. sad

Bia...wetin be your problem?? Na yah mouth I dey take talk?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
kozmokaz:
the only help d biafrans got were in d pages of news paper!!! Biafra fought d world and no Nigeria!!!

o hail Biafra!!!
Go read The Biafran Testament by John Okpoko.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by jaymichael(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
porshuch:
I remembered the day my father told me the story about Biafra, when he ended the story, I looked into his eyes and told him that the war hero was Philip Effiong
And how did he take it?
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by sexaddict08(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
ThisMeansWars:
lol ... Coward talking ... Hitler led many people to death and had a big chance of escaping before they capture Berlin but chose to stay by the people that died instead ... But coward ran away and you are here praising him after he has commanded many to their death ...
Its like praising our soilders that ldesssed like civilians leaving their weapons to abscond to Cameroon ...
Coward is a coward ...

I couldn't agree with u less

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kozmokaz(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

if ojukwu was captured and killed... every body would av forgotten abt Biafra ... DAT was y he left!! buh now Biafra lives in us and no intimidation or force can take it away from us.... FOR WE ARE BIAFRANS

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
kozmokaz:
if ojukwu was captured and killed... every body would av forgotten abt Biafra ... DAT was y he left!! buh now Biafra lives in us and no intimidation or force can take it away from us.... FOR WE ARE BIAFRANS

Oh, so his cowardice inspires you?? shocked

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by MEILYN(m): 12:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
A true Biafran Hero...

Anyways, See The Top 10 Most Educated Presidents In Africa, See Where Buhari Was Placed Here>>>>>www.intensetalk.com
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kozmokaz(m): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go read The Biafran Testament by John Okpoko.

France was only helping in sending relief and food ( con beef)

Gabon only allowed Biafra use der airport

buh on d Nigerian side: Egyptian air force was in d air!!

chad; Niger. Algeria ..Morocco .. Saudi Arabia .. and Tunisian machineries was on ground

British and ussr ammunitions wer on deck

to cut D's long story shot.... DAT was world war 3!!!

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kozmokaz(m): 12:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

Oh, so his cowardice inspires you?? shocked

it gave us hope of a reincarnation of Biafra
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by sexaddict08(m): 12:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
The American Time Magazine described the scene in Kaduna on October 7, 1966: "In the Northern capital of Kaduna, raging mobs of Moslems armed with iron bars and broken bottles surged through the streets shouting anti-Ibo slogans. They killed at least thirty of the Ibo aliens from the East. From the airport, the troops fanned out through downtown Kano, hunting down Ibos in bars, hotels and on the streets. One contingent drove their Land Rovers to the railroad station where more than 100 Ibos were waiting for a train, and cut them down with automatic weapon fire. The soldiers did not have to all the killing. They were soon joined by thousands of Hausa civilians, who rampaged through the city, armed with stones, cutlasses, machetes, and home-made weapons of metal and broken glass. Crying Heathen! and Allah! the mobs and troops invaded the Sabon gari (stranger’s quarters), ransacking, looting and burning Ibo homes and stores and murdering their owners.
Yeebos wants to furk up again
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by chesterlee(m): 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
A true Biafran Hero...Continue to rest in Peace!!!

All hail Biafra, Land of the Rising Sun, We love and Cherish!!!!

The Zoo Must Fall!!
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
kozmokaz:
it gave us hope of a reincarnation of Biafra

Interesting! cheesy This is the first time I have heard of a General's cowardice serving as a hope of reincarnation. Do carry on...! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by cheruv: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
Major General Filip Asukwo Efyong...

Defense minister,
First vice President,
President of the Great Peoples Republic of Biafra.

We,the great people of Igbo and Mmoño lands pay homage to you this day on your posthumous birthday.
I'd also use this day to reaffirm the great synergy btwn Enugwu and Atakpa(calabar) bkos its one thats marked in greatness and the future prosperity of our peoples. smiley

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by IGBOPRINCE: 12:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

when God is sending angels,prophets and pastors for a projects course. Do they tell u they don't wants to be God..

Bro someone has to lead, he leads and others must follow
Biko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Will You Rate The Performance Of INEC Under Buhari's Administration? / Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Terrorists At Bulabulin (Photos) / Insecurity: PDP Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.