Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (23258 Views)

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre / Philip Effiong's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meccuno: 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
lmao... Your ojukwu died a nigerian, what does that tell you?
Awolowo didnt die of rat poison and he is one of the most celebrated nigeria.. Heck you even have awolowos face of nigerians currency. They dnt put coward and a traitor's face on currency.. We have many things named after awolowo, including university.. Those are rewards for being a hero and standing by your people. same as abiola... What has being ojukwu's heroic achievement? Lemme guess ... None! Hahahahahahah grin exept for being a coward rebel. .. How many celebrated heroes have u seen running away when thing get tough? From mandela, to fela, to saro wiwa, to king jaja. Only cowards run.
awolowo is on a N100 while Nnamdi Azikiwe is on a N500........I really don't have time for all these tribal rants........when you ridicule a man whom his tribe respects then I would believe you do not respect your own leaders...........this thread is about effiong......wonder how ojukwu got into it.......

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by porshuch: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
wiseoneking:
so biafra is real and alive? Why is it that people believe it is dead. So "there was a country". Effiong a ss man was a biafra?
No Biafra is no longer real, because Late Effiong surrendered and declared one Nigeria. Ask your parents, they will tell you, that there was jubilation in the east when the war ended. That's is why a really Igbo man will tell his sons and daughters not to think about war. No Biafra!
One Nigeria.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
meccuno:
so the hero abiola who wasn't a coward and died a miserable death with his family in disarray,confused and forgotten a valid example of who a hero is to you? Or an awolowo who died by taking rat poison because he was scared of going back to prison because he was a coup plotter a brave man? Being smart is the name of the game.......its only those who win a war that are spoken about......aguiyi ironsi stood his ground and was killed........does it make him a brave man?? All your people who were "brave" all died and are only remembered by your people......ojukwu died and was buried with full military honours.........give him his respect.......

Ode. The cancelled 1993 elections & d arrest of Abiola was d beginning of d end of military dictatorship in Nigeria. Maybe u don't know all d Yoruba activists who were incarcerated & released & still kept rioting. I was in PRI school and I rmmber all d army trucks and tear gas on d streets. The rioters never stopped. IBB's coffins were carried all over d streets of Lagos. Nadeco fighters were always on BBC and CNN. U think it was a small thing DT babangida moved capital to abuja, or DT he resigned and put a yorubaman in power. Even d evil dictator DT took over eventually died 'mysteriously' and obasanjo d Yoruba man became a democratic president. DT fight was abt democracy & fairness, few people were assassinated, no Yoruba person picked a gun, and they didnt whine tribally (abt d hausa bogeyman out to get them) and still they got what they wanted.

What we are talking abt here is d arrogamt madman DT led millions to death unnecessarily, found it fit to start liberating d Midwest & putting an igboman as their president. Losing d war and then running away like a coward at d end. Hero my foot.

7 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by kikies(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
I think say I know history as I read comments I jst give up RIP to d dead doe
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by specimenC: 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
kozmokaz:
have u ever heard of tactical withdrawal in military? u should know wen it s applied ... ojukwu decision was d best option

Tactical withdrawal was what Philip did not what ojukwu did..ojukwu fled, to flee and leaving your soldiers behind is quite diiferent from surrendering or withdrawing while letin ur soldiers...mind you most of the soldiers didn't know he fled, they thought he went to get weapons cry embarassed embarassed cry

2 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
meccuno:
awolowo is on a N100 while Nnamdi Azikiwe is on a N500........I really don't have time for all these tribal rants........when you ridicule a man whom his tribe respects then I would believe you do not respect your own leaders...........this thread is about effiong......wonder how ojukwu got into it.......

Except DT everyone hates azikiwe - even igbos.

At least Awolowo is liked by everyone except biafrans.

I'm tired of history lesson, so go and read up on why all d tribes hated azikiwe (class A backstabber - funny how igbos call other pple what they are). He only redeemed himself a bit wt Nigerians during d war but no one cares abt azikiwe.

4 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Keneeby(m): 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
We south-south are not part of Biafra. If they want us to be part of Biafra there must be negotiation and agreement. The number is; the name Biafra must be changed. 2. Portharcourt would be the federal capital territory. 3. Each state will manage their resources.

3 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
8unit:

yea you shouldn't. Biafra isn't your business. Mind your business

Okay
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by meccuno: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
janellemonae:

Ode. The cancelled 1993 elections & d arrest of Abiola was d beginning of d end of military dictatorship in Nigeria. Maybe u don't know all d Yoruba activists who were incarcerated & released & still kept rioting. I was in PRI school and I rmmber all d army trucks and tear gas on d streets. The rioters never stopped. IBB's coffins were carried all over d streets of Lagos. Nadeco fighters were always on BBC and CNN. U think it was a small thing DT babangida moved capital to abuja, or DT he resigned and put a yorubaman in power. Even d evil dictator DT took over eventually died 'mysteriously' and obasanjo d Yoruba man became a democratic president. DT fight was abt democracy & fairness, few people were assassinated, no Yoruba person picked a gun, and they didnt whine tribally (abt d hausa bogeyman out to get them) and still they got what they wanted.

What we are talking abt here is d arrogamt madman DT led millions to death unnecessarily, found it fit to start liberating d Midwest & putting an igboman as their president. Losing d war and then running away like a coward at d end. Hero my foot.
the yoruba man he put was a figure head.......abacha took over......
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by donphilopus: 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:

I am not agitating for anything not every igbo wants biafra ah ah

Thought you were among the agitators! But you always blast TonyeBarcanista for not supporting them.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by theDEVILisHERE: 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

Nobody is telling the Biafrans who their heroes are. A description of what constitutes heroism, was merely given. Stick to the topic. undecided

Defending the interest and lives of your people from incesant enemy attacks
Already makes you a hero

So what ever parameter you use to describe a hero
OJUCKWU will always be a hero
No amount of twisted logic can change this fact

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:
Defending the interest and lives of your people from incesant enemy attacks
Already makes you a hero

So what ever parameter you use to describe a hero
OJUCKWU will always be a hero

And abandoning them at the decisive hour is....what?? shocked shocked
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
donphilopus:

Thought you were among the agitators! But you always blast TonyeBarcanista for not supporting them.

No I blast him for being into tribal stuff, cos I know it causes problems and hate, the way he clicks likes and shares on post insulting or castigating igbos shows his hatred for the tribe, so I get upset wt that, I liked him as a comrade even when he left I added him on fb and twitter we became close more when I knew his a barca fan my main rival cos am 100% madrid so we argue on football always which I hope to rekindle this saturday but when he came back and started the ethnic stuff I became dissapointed ethnic things are for elders and it's not sorted out online that's the fact rather you get many enemies online for it. Like he has now
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by donphilopus: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:

No I blast him for being into tribal stuff, cos I know it causes problems and hate, the way he clicks likes and shares on post insulting or castigating igbos shows his hatred for the tribe, so I get upset wt that, I liked him as a comrade even when he left I added him on fb and twitter we became close more when I knew his a barca fan my main rival cos am 100% madrid so we argue on football always which I hope to rekindle this saturday but when he came back and started the ethnic stuff I became dissapointed ethnic things are for elders and it's not sorted out online that's the fact rather you get many enemies online for it. Like he has now

You are on point though.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
donphilopus:

You are on point though.

Glad you understand ma point

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by theDEVILisHERE: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

And abandoning them at the decisive hour is....what?? shocked shocked

He didn't abandon his people

He defended his people
And his people responded by defending him

There was no how biafrans would have allowed their leader to be captured by the british imperialist aided by their "niggas in the area" aka nigerian slaves

Biafrans are people of honour and cannot allow such to happen to their leader

Biafras act of defending their leader has made ojuckwu's idea of restoration of biafra to live to fight another day
That is why the fight for biafras restoration can never ever be stopped till biafra is restored

So like I said
No amount of twisted logic can change the fact that ojuckwu is a hero
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
donphilopus:

donphilopus:

You are on point though.
Hypocricy is when a man keep silent when his fellow Igbos insult and malign my ethnic group but shout blue murder when I Like responses from those that reply insults against myself and my ethnic group. I have NO apologies for hypocrites. I have NO explanation either. Whoever is not satisfied with my position on the Biafra-Brohuaha should go to Akure for a session with Akure youths. Whoever feel threatened or pained that I don't support their agenda that my group have ZERO to gain but all to lose should GO AND DIE! Whoever think/feel that I'm bothered by their sheer hate(you inclusive) because I don't align with their partisan or tribal ideology should go empty Atlantic ocean. Finally, whoever think that I'm interested in false/hypocritical followership should visit the strongest spiritualist in India.

#NoApologies

3 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hypocricy is when a man keep silent when his fellow Igbos insult and malign my ethnic group but shout blue murder when I Like responses from those that reply insults against myself and my ethnic group. I have NO apologies for hypocrites. I have NO explanation either. Whoever is not satisfied with my position on the Biafra-Brohuaha should go to Akure for a session with Akure youths. Whoever feel threatened or pained that I don't support their agenda that my group have ZERO to gain but all to lose should GO AND DIE!

#NoApologies

You got a long way to go man. I see childish words in your speech. You need speak like a man not a boy, I seen when israeliairforce cautioned on things and decided to make you his boy clearly it shows you limited in knowledge of life

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Omenkata: 4:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:

You got a long way to go man. I see childish words in your speech. You need speak like a man not a boy, I seen when israeliairforce cautioned on things and decided to make you his boy clearly it shows you limited in knowledge of life

see lamentation chapter 5:8 cheesy
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by devilishM: 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:

[s]You got a long way to go man. I see childish words in your speech. You need speak like a man not a boy, I seen when israeliairforce cautioned on things and decided to make you his boy clearly it shows you limited in knowledge of life[/s]

He is better than you, face your studies for now and stop wasting your life online.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:

see lamentation chapter 5:8 cheesy

LoL
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
theDEVILisHERE:
He didn't abandon his people

He defended his people
And his people responded by defending him

There was no how biafrans would have allowed their leader to be captured by the british imperialist aided by their "niggas in the area" aka nigerian slaves

Biafrans are people of honour and cannot allow such to happen to their leader

Biafras act of defending their leader has made ojuckwu's idea of restoration of biafra to live to fight another day
That is why the fight for biafras restoration can never ever be stopped till biafra is restored

So like I said
No amount of twisted logic can change the fact that ojuckwu is a hero

Nice epistle. Great speech. undecided But you forgot to include the final part where Ojukwu had said "in war even the grass will fight", before he turned tail and ran away some months later to Ivory Coast under the cover of darkness at Uli airstrip, deserting the suffering and gallant people who had fought under him, and leaving his second-in-command to announce the surrender of the Biafran forces. undecided
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
devilishM:

He is better than you, face your studies for now and stop wasting your life online.

Subway101, devilishM, attacker231, after1, 1after, the resident fraudstar, your now meek after your ban insult people's father again na, or post pics. Am like a celebrity in your gallery cos you look at me when you view ya gallery cheesycheesycheesy

This ban hammered on ya numerous moniker don put ya brain for default LoL. I like the way you are now LoL

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hypocricy is when a man keep silent when his fellow Igbos insult and malign my ethnic group but shout blue murder when I Like responses from those that reply insults against myself and my ethnic group. I have NO apologies for hypocrites. I have NO explanation either. Whoever is not satisfied with my position on the Biafra-Brohuaha should go to Akure for a session with Akure youths. Whoever feel threatened or pained that I don't support their agenda that my group have ZERO to gain but all to lose should GO AND DIE! Whoever think/feel that I'm bothered by their sheer hate(you inclusive) because I don't align with their partisan or tribal ideology should go empty Atlantic ocean. Finally, whoever think that I'm interested in false/hypocritical followership should visit the strongest spiritualist in India.

#NoApologies

Chai!! See finishing!! shocked shocked Oo Chimo !!
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by donphilopus: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

#NoApologies

Lol. . . I have nothing to say. You may say they hate you because of your tribal or ethnic ideology. But I don't think I'm among those who hate you for whatsoever reason. I don't think I take here seriously. I believe I come here whenever I'm bored or less busy to engage myself and have fun. People have called me FOOL including Ishiamu on this forum but I just laugh over it because e-life is fake life. You guys can settle whatever grievances you have against each other. Me just come here to have fun!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Omenkata: 4:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:

Subway101, devilishM, attacker231, after1, 1after, the resident fraudstar, your now meek after your ban insult people's father again na, or post pics. Am like a celebrity in your gallery cos you look at me when you view ya gallery cheesycheesycheesy

This ban hammered on ya numerous moniker don put ya brain for default LoL. I like the way you are now LoL

the guy is used to posting people personal pictures and data on nairaland he's also a tribal bigot littering nairaland with trashy posts he keeps breaking Nairaland rules with impunity

i don't know why lalasticlala Seun obinoscopy and co still leaves him.

He's abusing every one
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by devilishM: 4:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
laudate:

Nice epistle. Great speech. undecided But you forgot to include the part where Ojukwu had said "in war even the grass will fight", before he turned tail and ran away some months later to Ivory Coast under the cover of darkness, abandoning the suffering and gallant people who had fought under him, and leaving his second-in-command to announce the surrender of the Biafran forces. undecided

Ojukwu is a coward, FACT. The real guys that fought are Banjo, Ifeajuana, Nzeogwu,Achuzie, Effiong and some other guys. Ojukwu did nothing, he ran away in the middle of the night, allow his kinsmen to die but still come back to contest election in same Nigeria. Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by devilishM: 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
ishiamu:

[s]Subway101, devilishM, attacker231, after1, 1after, the resident fraudstar, your now meek after your ban insult people's father again na, or post pics. Am like a celebrity in your gallery cos you look at me when you view ya gallery cheesycheesycheesy

This ban hammered on ya numerous moniker don put ya brain for default LoL. I like the way you are now LoL[/s]

I laugh hard cos you are mistaking me for the wrong person, you are only wasting your time little man. I am not those trash you wrote there, so continue with the entertainment.

You are just a shameless hypocrite, you condemn the barca for something, yet you are guilty of same. Go cover your large head in shame.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by devilishM: 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:

[s]the guy is used to posting people personal pictures and data on nairaland he's also a tribal bigot littering nairaland with trashy posts he keeps breaking Nairaland rules with impunity

i don't know why lalasticlala Seun obinoscopy and co still leaves him.

He's abusing every one [/s]

You are shooting at the wrong person, continue disgracing yourself. The mod is watching all your monikers- Kingofdemons,shakazullu,emeritus,bloodykiller,mrjanjaweed,genbloodykiller e.t.c
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by wiseoneking: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Coolabbie:
If the only option available is biafra, then I will rather be in Nigeria.
You should know what the ibos are capable of, we are neighbours.
No way will I be in a country filled with ndito unenge, they will wipe us out.
Until the Ibibios advocate for their own country separate from others, I will continuously shout one Nigeria.
you see why i told you that you can never be ibibio except you are cursed, but you are not. The people that is already wiping ibibios are people that made it in such a way that no single person of ibibio owns even 0% oil well found in her land. The igbos will never take ibibio's wealth by force but will earn it. I read a report 2yrs ago by a journalist in akwaibom state to akpabio that the igbos are controlling all major biz in the state with exception of timber market. You can google it. They earned it not by crooks. I know that igbos are hated by their domineering spirit and taking the advantage of their host "laziness" or lack of foresight but can keep them off from hussling. This is not akwaibom but in every state.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Omenkata: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
devilishM:

You are shooting at the wrong person, continue disgracing yourself. The mod is watching all your monikers- Kingofdemons,shakazullu,emeritus,bloodykiller,mrjanjaweed,genbloodykiller e.t.c
[/s]

Lalasticlala obinoscopy Seun this guy won't stop stalking me

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Got Seized N3bn As Gifts During Ceremonies –yakubu / Okada Ban: Lagos Government Meets Arewa Community, Issues Statement / How Will You Rate The Performance Of INEC Under Buhari's Administration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.