Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,946 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! (23265 Views)

Igbos Abandoned Philip Effiong Who Died A Biafra Rebel, Ojukwu Rewarded - Ekefre / Philip Effiong's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by TimeManager(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=ruggedboy01 post=40148424][b]Land of rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes;
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our hearts from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

Hail to Biafra, consecrated nation,
O fatherland, this be our solemn pledge:
Defending thee shall be a dedication,
Spilling our blood we’ll count a privilege;
The waving standard which emboldens the free
Shall always be our flag of liberty.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;

HEY BUDDY, THERE IS NO NEED FOR NEEDLESSLY RENDITION OF ELEGY ANY LONGER,THE MAN WE CELEBRATE TODAY,THE GREAT EFFIONG HAD LONG TIME AGO ANNOUNCED THE DEATH OF BIAFRA AND SANG WITH PRIDE "ARISE O COMPARTRIOT" TILL HE DIED.
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by TimeManager(m): 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=IGBOPRINCE post=40148566]This is the man who surrendered to nigeria and he is from the present day southsouth..
After the greatest man ever liveth, ojukwu. The first president of biafra. This has shown us that the south south man was once a president of the defunct republic of biafra.

Se/ss should keep the flag of biafra flying.

HEY,WHY DONT YOU FORGET RHETORICS AND CELEBRATE THE MAN THAT ANNOUNCED THE DEATH OF BIAFRA
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
Armaggedon:
Hbd hero
The zoo must fall!
Hmmmmm
Ok ooooooo
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by porshuch: 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
jaymichael:
And how did he take it?
He was like *what do you mean? And I reminded him of one adage that he normally use on us " mbelede nyiri dike, mana mbelede ka eji ama dike* (meaning in hard times you will know the real men). He then chuckles.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by Duru1(m): 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
GspotAngela:
3MCDO suffered minimal casualty before Operation OAU(Owerri, Aba, Umuahia). It was a mission hinged on Adekunle's over bloated ego after the spectular success his division recorded in chasing the biafran occupiers away from the Niger Delta areas. It was not part of the 3MCDO's initial battle plan. Adekunle ordered the Operation as an October 1st 1968 independence gift to General Gowon

Britain and USSR supported Nigeria, so also did France, Portugal, South Africa, Haiti, Zambia, Gabon, Tanzania, Ivory Coast support Biafra

Per the bolded, France, Portugal and South Africa did not and never supported Biafra. It is individual citizens of the countries supported Biafra. In addition, Haiti, Zambia, Gabon, Tanzania and Ivory Coast only recognized the existence of the country named Biafra. There was no military or monetary support from the only five countries that recognized Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by jaymichael(m): 11:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
porshuch:
He was like *what do you mean? And I reminded him of one adage that he normally use on us " mbelede nyiri dike, mana mbelede ka eji ama dike* (meaning in hard times you will know the real men). He then chuckles.
Hmmmm! that's deep.
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by AkwaIbomrep1: 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
I salute General Philip Effiong who was the last president of Biafra. This man stood and faced the armed Nigerian soldiers to hand over the surrender letter. God bless the great General Philip Effiong.

I love the Efik/Ibibio which is why I am celebrating them on my nl profile.

I am not agitating for Biafra or calling for war but if Nigeria breaks tomorrow, the Igbos look forward to having very cordial relationship with our Efik/Ibibio brothere. These guys are the most reliable group of people in the Niger Delta.

God bless the Efik/Ibibio.

@Pazienza, please channel your energy to building an even stronger bond between us and the Efik/Ibibio.
we too love our igbo brothers ,no hausa or yoruba man can cause enmity in our midst , almost all my family including me are married to igbos .....Abasi adiong igbos because one day Biafra must be free .....proudly ibibio , proudly Akwa ibomite #VisitAkwaibom

1 Like

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by AkwaIbomrep1: 1:21am On Nov 19, 2015
Coolabbie:
If the only option available is biafra, then I will rather be in Nigeria.
You should know what the ibos are capable of, we are neighbours.
No way will I be in a country filled with ndito unenge, they will wipe us out.
Until the Ibibios advocate for their own country separate from others, I will continuously shout one Nigeria.
this is what the yorubas like , the like seeing SS & SE have misunderstanding , they have almost succeeded creating enmity btw we ''SS & our SE brothers ..... eyen Eka mi ,i think u need some tutorial , I am equally from Akwa ibom,Uruan LGA to be precise , Akwa ibom is a very very oil & gas RICH state both offshore/onshore ie land & sea but tell me the truth do we have refinery in Akwa ibom ? No ,....how many millionaires do we have in Akwa ibom ? None....can Akwa ibomite ever become the president of nigeria ? Never .....will Akwa ibom ever look like lagos & abuja in terms of development ,,,..hmmm ...only God knows , mind u it's our oil money the nigerian govt. used in developing lagos & abuja overnight why can't they use their fed. Might to develope Akwa ibom the same way .... My sister, uyai iban how many companies do u have in Akwa ibom ?.......none , how many skykrappers ? ....none, but take a look at lagos , abuja , kaduna etc , do u even know the meaning of marginalization ? ...we have been marginalized by the nigerian govt. For long, we were rated as none oil producing state & all our oil well were given to rivers state including refinery and rivers were feeding fat just because Akwa ibom is a minority state even in those refinery we are being used as either gatemen , security or as cooks , imagine , my sister wake up, dakkada , almost 98% of our oil well are controlled by the hausas who are from niger rep. ......ufan ima mi ,let me stop here for now , but I pray Akwa ibomites should stand to their feet & say capital NO to this injustice , NO to nigeria then capital yES to the Rep. Of Biafra .... That reminds me HBD (posthumous) to Philip Effiong ....#VisitAkwaibom

3 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by pazienza(m): 1:24am On Nov 19, 2015
Ojukwu remains a Biafran Hero. Edoids, Oduanistans and Ijaws that are not happy with that, should go and hang, cool

- Ojukwu never declared war on Nigeria
- Ojukwu never invaded Nigeria, Midwest invasion was a reaction to Nigeria invasion of Biafra.
- Biafrans fought for their freedom, Ojukwu was only a vessel that served us well.
- The Biafran agitation is more than Ojukwu, it's a spirit of freedom that dwells in the heart of good Easterners and Ndiigbo.
- Biafra was not Ojukwu's brain child like the Edoids and their Odua cousins want to believe, for if it were Ojukwu's brainchild, it would have died with Ojukwu, but Biafra still lives in hearts of Easterners, iBiafra is a brain child of the Easterners, a defiance against subjugation, intimidation, injustice and slavery, as long as these factors exists, Biafra will live on in our hearts, and will one day become a reality.

God bless Biafra.
Death to our Enemies

4 Likes

Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by flokii: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2015
ishiamu:
Who is he? Cos we don't know him here in russia

he was d scape goat coward ojukwu left to be captured by gallant Obj and Nigerian troops...

he begged for mercy..
they should have been killed you know buh still were pardoned...
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by ishiamu(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2015
flokii:

he was d scape goat coward ojukwu left to be captured by gallant Obj and Nigerian troops...

he begged for mercy..

Shut up
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2015
flokii:

he begged for mercy..

May God punish you one million times everyday for referring to him as a 'scapegoat coward.' Obviously you missed your way into this place. You were actually heading for a psychiatric home. Abeg, swerve!! angry
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by flokii: 10:18am On Nov 19, 2015
laudate:

May God punish you one million times everyday for referring to him as a 'scapegoat coward.' Obviously you missed your way into this place. You were actually heading for a psychiatric home. Abeg, swerve!! angry

grin

truth is bitter.... pele
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2015
flokii:
grin truth is bitter.... pele

What dirty truth?? You wouldn't know what the truth looked like, even if it came and hit you in the face, you asinine liar! angry
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by flokii: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2015
laudate:

What dirty truth?? You wouldn't know what the truth looked like, even if it came and hit you in the face, you asinine liar! angry

did you see/read his speech at the Army HQ in Lagos after being captured?.

my fav. line.... I hereby wish to declare that the Republic of biafra CEASES to exist grin

they (biafraa soldiers) were re-enlisted and redeployed under the Sovereign Republic of Nigeria..

I would av killed them instead tho. how lucky they were
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2015
flokii:
did you see/read his speech at the Army HQ in Lagos after being captured?.

my fav. line.... I hereby wish to declare that the Republic of biafra CEASES to exist grin

they (biafraa soldiers) were re-enlisted and redeployed under the Sovereign Republic of Nigeria..

I would av killed them instead tho. how lucky they were

I really do not care about Biafra. But for you to insult the memory of the great gentleman Obong (Major-General) Philip Asuquo Effiong, I repeat: May God punish you one million times everyday for referring to him as a 'scapegoat coward.' Say Amen! angry
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by flokii: 10:35am On Nov 19, 2015
laudate:

I really do not care about Biafra. But for you to insult the memory of the great gentleman Obong (Major-General) Philip Asuquo Effiong, I repeat: May God punish you one million times everyday for referring to him as a 'scapegoat coward.' Say Amen! angry

abi I don talk ni...

buh if you fit change that 'you' to 'me'... maybe I go fit assist you

btw his gentle scaaa.. soul rest in peace cheesy
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 10:39am On Nov 19, 2015
flokii:
abi I don talk ni...

buh if you fit change that 'you' to 'me'... maybe I go fit assist you

btw his gentle scaaa.. soul rest in peace cheesy

Go and hug the nearest transformer. After God punishes you a million times every single day, may a thousand flies infest your earholes and every part of your body. angry
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by flokii: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2015
laudate:

Go and hug the nearest transformer. After God punishes you a million times every single day, may a thousand flies infest your earholes and every part of your body. angry

bros nawa for you o...

onto this late Mr. Effiong matter... I kill person?
Re: Philip Effiong's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by laudate: 10:44am On Nov 19, 2015
flokii:

bros nawa for you o...
onto this late Mr. Effiong matter... I kill person?

Yes. The man is dead, let him rest in peace. Instead, you are here trying to insult his memory, and destroy the good name he left behind. That is even worse! sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Application - Court Postpones Ruling Till April 25! / Tension In Cross River Communities Over Superhighway / Ayade Commissions Housing Estate For Bakassi IDPs, Decries 18-Year Neglect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.