Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators (51243 Views)

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / FG Bans Conference Bags, T-shirts, Souvenirs, At Workshops, Seminars / Anytime I Pass Throu These Roads To My Hometown, I Cant But Curse Jonathan & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by nigeriancuban: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
well good move by pmb,time to empower our economy but wait oo,if we are to start the production we would definitely be importing raw materials and that would be capital deepening for a borrowing country like ours....mhen the whole thing is f**ked up
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by 400billionman: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Wow!
I find this difficult to accept as the right thing to do atm.

Provide electricity and watch the business of importing "I pass my neighbor" die naturally.

Wrong move imo.

That generator is a killer.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by TimeManager(m): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
IMPORTATION IS ALLOWED IN BITS POTEMPORARY BUT NO LONGER IN LARGE QUANTITIES.CABALS ARE IN TROUBLE!
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by DJMCOTTY(m): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
That generator wan finish me, work in the morning spoil at night. At a time the generator was a plague on me and my family. Sometimes my gen dey stroll go gate if not properly tied.I dey sleep dey dream say I dey dance to the sound of the gen.... Abeg make they bann abeg. But......................

Which gen I wan con dey use now?

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
its a good start. other generating sets not locally produced in this country should be banned too. this will reduce sabotage by the generator-importing cabal.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Emekamex(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
Sai Booha(r)i

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by homirefacuny(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
Why not ban big diesel gens?

Why must the poor man suffer ?

Cos life is never fair....
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
nigeriancuban:
well good move by pmb,time to empower our economy but wait oo,if we are to start the production we would definitely be importing raw materials and that would be capital deepening for a borrowing country like ours....mhen the whole thing is f**ked up

who says we need generators in the first place if our power sector can give us 24hrs electricity everyday.

how will our power sector give us that much if we don't break the strangle hold of the generator-importing cabal
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by homirefacuny(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
DJMCOTTY:
That generator wan finish me, work in the morning spoil at night. At a time the generator was a plague on me and my family. Sometimes my gen dey stroll go gate if not properly tied.I dey sleep dey dream say I dey dance to the sound of the gen.... Abeg make they bann abeg. But......................

Which gen I wan con dey use now?
I better pass my enemy gen grin
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by TimeManager(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=RevDesmondJuju post=40154419]

If am not the one fcking your mom, some one else is.

HEY BUDDY,FOCUS ON THE THREAD AND STOP PROFANITY FOR YOUR OWN SAKE AND THAT OF YOUR POSTERITY.YOUR MOM DESERVES MY RESPECT AS MUCH AS MINE DOES.DESIST FROM BEING A BAD EXAMPLE TO THE YOUNGER ONES.AND BACK TO THE TOPIC,WOULD YOU??
No Lie Only Truth!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Xano(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wow!
This is ill-advised and uncalled for. This FG choose to ban the most common capacity of generator in the country. Generator used by students, small saloons, phone/electronic repairers, residential occupants (especially rural communities),etc. Power generation in the country is unstable and not sufficient. Power distribution do not reach rural communities in this country.

Very funny decision.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
TimeManager:

Imagine Obasanjo going deep with her legs wide open and Buhari standing aside stroking his 19 inch monster patiently waiting his turn
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by devilishM: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:

lol bro no be you vote change grin

enjoy your janji - General Bloodykiller cool

Ugly troll, frm opiaku to genbloodykiller to kingofdemon, omenkata e.t.c. lalasticlala will soon catch you.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
devilishM:

Ugly troll, frm opiaku to genbloodykiller to kingofdemon, omenkata e.t.c. lalasticlala will soon catch you.
[/s]
trash trash trash from a useless trolling element
devilishM, MrMbaM, subway101, codedslayer, Emiratus856, etc.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by abbey621(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ki lo de! Look at the comments, I bet most of them didn't read the entire article. This move affects the smugglers more than the common man.

1. You can continue using your generators.

2. If you buy a generator, you are not going to get arrested, only smugglers with large quantities are affected.

3. The order does not prohibit locally made generators.

4. As time goes by, it makes sense as we would have less pollution (As long as the electricity situation improves).

5. People seriously need to focus more on inverters and solar energy, this is the future and the future is now!

I could go on and on but the truth is those small generators are constituting a nuisance and the main cabals behind the poor power situation in the countries are the main sponsors of the importation of generators. This move affects them more than the common man, I only wish the ban can be extended to big generators too!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Mbilla(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
idowuswap:
Chai. Igbos girls are running after yoruba bois...well their igbos male like to carry. Cocaine and them plenty 4 prison
Hahahaha...... Joke of the century. Let me educate u ugly dirty scratch face animal, in Africa men propose women not women propose men. U know every body like good thing, Igbo women are beautiful and value marriage unlike Yoruba ugly dirty smelling pussy women who are giving birth to many children from different men. You rapist Yoruba men should continue raping and abandon ur ugly dirty smelling pussy women to Mai gworo, mai shayi from north.

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by devilishM: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash from a useless trolling element
devilishM, MrMbaM, subway101, codedslayer, Emiratus856, etc.

Lmaoo. Suffereness don make you blind. Everyone must be mrmba. You really fear that mrmba guy. Chai
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
devilishM:

Lmaoo. Suffereness don make you blind. Everyone must be mrmba. You really fear that mrmba guy. Chai
[/s]
trash trash trash from a an inconsequential element
gerrarahia meehn
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by pasol4real(m): 2:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
I See fashola's hand in this he has never hidden his hatred for the poor n downtrodden.
Bloody elitist morafuka!!!.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by devilishM: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash from a an inconsequential element
gerrarahia meehn

Illiterate stolen phone seller.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by wiseoneking: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ndlistic:
The Federal Government has banned the importation of small generators popularly called 'I pass my neighbour,' used by low-income Nigerians.
Controller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr Madugu Sanni Jubrin, disclosed this in Lagos while speaking with newsmen.

Sanni also said that the command seized 4,733 goods worth N52 million and arrested some suspected smugglers since he assumed duties one week ago.
He said the seizures were made possible through intelligence gathering and other measures put in place by the unit with a view to ensuring that the supply chains of smugglers were fully blocked.

Conducting journalists round the seized items which included 239 bales of used clothing valued at N10 million, 1,120 cartons units of the small generators valued at N13.4 million, among others, Madugu said the unit would not relent in its efforts in ensuring that prohibited items are impounded and those involved in its importation prosecuted.
“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them.

“If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition.
“It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it.

“We will not relent in our efforts. When we see any prohibited item, we will seize, arrest the people and we will allow the law court to take decision on prosecuting them. So it is better for them to stop smuggling than to continue when they know Customs will catch up with them,” he said.

Source :http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators
thats kool but what happens to the ones that aba buys are making. Hope no wahala, those boys fit use hand do anything.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
[s][left]
devilishM:

Illiterate stolen phone seller.
l[/s]

trash trash trash more trash from a residential troll.

cc
obinoscopy lalasticlala
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by TimeManager(m): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
[quote author=RevDesmondJuju post=40154709]

Imagine Obasanjo going deep with her legs wide open and Buhari standing aside stroking his 19 inch monster patiently waiting his turn

ITS NOW CLEAR THAT YOU CELEBRATE VULGARITY,ITS EITHER YOU ARE WIRED OR BRAINWASHED INTO THIS DESPICABLE ACTS OF OBSCENITY.WELL I HAVE MY LITTLE HELP YET YOU INSIST,MAYBE,JUST MAYBE DESTINY WILL HELP YOU OUT,BUT I HOPE IT WONT GET THAT BAD FUR YOU.RESPECT WOMEN COS YOUR MOTHER IS ONE OF THEM
The Truth Has Spoken!No Lie Only Truth!
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by devilishM: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[left]
l

trash trash trash more trash from a residential troll.

cc
obinoscopy lalasticlala

Certified illiterate.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by hopily(m): 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ndlistic:
The Federal Government has banned the importation of small generators popularly called 'I pass my neighbour,' used by low-income Nigerians.
Controller, Federation Operations Unit Zone A, Lagos of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr Madugu Sanni Jubrin, disclosed this in Lagos while speaking with newsmen.

Sanni also said that the command seized 4,733 goods worth N52 million and arrested some suspected smugglers since he assumed duties one week ago.
He said the seizures were made possible through intelligence gathering and other measures put in place by the unit with a view to ensuring that the supply chains of smugglers were fully blocked.

Conducting journalists round the seized items which included 239 bales of used clothing valued at N10 million, 1,120 cartons units of the small generators valued at N13.4 million, among others, Madugu said the unit would not relent in its efforts in ensuring that prohibited items are impounded and those involved in its importation prosecuted.
“The smaller generators have been banned by the Federal Government because it is causing air pollution and destruction of our lungs and breathing system. That is why they have banned it but people are still interested in smuggling them in, that is why we intercepted them.

“If you go to the market, you still see them because people have imported them before the ban. So it is the leftover they had before the ban that they are selling because the law did not backdate the ban and it is not an absolute prohibition.
“It is prohibition by trade which means you cannot bring it in large quantity and sell to the public. That is the type of prohibition we have on this but if you buy one piece, Customs will not seize it.

“We will not relent in our efforts. When we see any prohibited item, we will seize, arrest the people and we will allow the law court to take decision on prosecuting them. So it is better for them to stop smuggling than to continue when they know Customs will catch up with them,” he said.

Source :http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/fg-bans-importation-of-%E2%80%98i-pass-my-neighbour%E2%80%99-generators
I trust my country niggas, Men go import one by one before you know na one warehouse be that o........Good in making laws bad in implimenting them......Naija I salute
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by andyanders: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
If this is true, then this government is yet to grow up as those that passed the so called law should be ashamed of themselves. This is a government that has not provided light and they want to enact a usele--ss law for the poor masses.No light, no petrol and nothing to give to the masses and they are want to pass a law against the importation of generator.

Fix the light and nobody will make use of the so called generator.

Who No Like Better thing? I pity people who use the generator but most artisans make use of the so called generator to take care of their business.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Omenkata: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
devilishM:

Certified illiterate.
[/s]

trash trash trash more trash from a frustrated troll

cc
Lalasticlala obinoscopy
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
TimeManager:

I will be fcking her with your apc broom
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by HARDDON: 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
omenka:
I don't think I like this policy. It would only put more pressure on the pockets of small income earners and small businesses. They should rather ban the importation of Mikano and the rest of them big asss plants.

When the big shots see that they can't find gens to power their laundry machines and air conditioners, they'd do all they can to ensure *PHCN provides adequate electricity to us.

At the very least, someone is open minded enough to know condem this off d track act.

Sometimes I feel all d economic advisers r touts.
Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by flyingsnail(f): 3:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
But no be watin you tell us before you rig in

Re: FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators by okumafred(m): 3:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
Where are the APC and bubu fanatics let them come and defend this. Buhari is really a nightmare to 9ja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Troops Kill Modu Kennami, ISWAP One-Eyed Commander / Semi-nude People Still Living In Taraba, Nigeria [photos] / Pictures Of A Galliant Soldier Killed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.