Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Three Paths - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Three Paths (88297 Views)

Silent Paths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Paths by kejibabe(f): 9:52am On Feb 25, 2016
@ fantasyisland, pls give us today's tonic.........i need it nowwwwww
Re: Three Paths by horlah1(f): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2016
I'm loving the storyline ma'am,more MB to ur phone and more wisdom to ur brain....
Hmm(exhales) Natasha what do u stand to gain from all this and why confessing now to Ken,may God help ur landing Nat
Re: Three Paths by OLADO(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2016
Its not nat, bel or Ebu but FANTASYISLAND u re the one really turning our heads....causing likes, dislikes and the latest disgust and sprouting hatred in our minds. Wonderful!

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by TemihSmart(f): 10:28pm On Feb 25, 2016
Wow,this story is really interesting,i started reading it today and i've finally caught up with u guys.Keep it coming girl,u are doing a lot of work here
Re: Three Paths by Ossaifamous(m): 11:39pm On Feb 25, 2016
[quote author=TemihSmart post=43254769]Wow,this story is really interesting,i started reading it today and i've finally caught up with u guys.Keep it coming girl,u are doing a lot of work here[/quote
you try oooo, to have started today and caught up ... really really quick

pls seun when we go vote for writer for the month .... @fantasyisland is the best here

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by jxdee: 10:38am On Feb 26, 2016
Joshchi:
I respect the comments and all but it's necessary to note that the first ish the three friends have is that they don't seem to realize that they have come to the end of the road. There's really no vibe around them each one finds the other at the edge of one scandal or challenge. Point is twenty children can not play for twenty years.

In addition to this, Nat's character has changed or evolved and her friends failed to see that. Ebube on her part has acquired or re-awakened dormant desires and no one seems to notice. my opinion is that a broken Bond can lead to change in perception, I would bet that Nat wouldn't have been judgemental if she had found out about her friends while in school. Great work fantasy Island

You've said it all, this friendship has evolved and none of the trio's lives can ever be the same.
Carry go, fantasyisland.

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by romzey(m): 11:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
I am 100% sure that Charles wont kill Ebube (*runs to the back to beg Fantasy* "abeg no kill her"wink
See what Nat' rash and irrational behavior has caused?

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:28am On Feb 27, 2016
Contd

Then it happened so quickly Ebube didn’t see it
coming. Charles had his hand across her throat and she began to gasp for air. She tried to pry his
hand away but his hands were made of steel!

Then as quickly as it started, he let it go. The whole
thing happened so fast, in about 6 to 7 seconds he was done. It was almost like it didn’t
even occur.

Immediately Ebube began to cough and Charles got
up from the bed. She watched in shock as he loomed over her like an evil spirit then he made an
announcement ''I want you out of this house before I kill you. I am that incensed it could happen and you wouldn’t blame me because I've given you
adequate notice''

Then Ebube began to wail ''Charles, you want to kill
me because of this thing? You want to kill the mother of your children?''

''I've fired the warning shot so don’t make me shoot
you''

''I'm so sorry'' Ebube cried out. Tears were streaming down her face and catarrh was running off as well but Charles ignored her and continued
talking in a low voice ''I'm going to get the kids
dressed for church then afterwards we are going out, anywhere, everywhere just to kill time. I want
you out of my house before I get back. Pack your
things and get out before…''

''What of my kids? You want me to pack and run away from home like a useless mother?''

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:32am On Feb 27, 2016
''You have shown you are indeed useless, haven’t
you? You go out for your demonic meetings and come home by God knows when? You leave Loveth to feed your kids and allow me tuck them in like I'm a widower. You are a useless mother. I spit on you!''

''Is this not the first time I'm coming home so late?
Swear on your life that I'm a habitual late comer. I keep my home
together and I prepared that
meal Loveth served before I left. I'm a good woman. I'm a good mother but
I'm not above mistakes. I’m a good mother''

''Story for the gods. You better get out before I come back unless…'' then Charles turned around and began to walk away.

''What of my kids?'' Ebube cried out.

Then Charles turned around and spat out ''we'll figure that out. You are a lawyer so I expect you to come swinging back once the dust settles''

''But I've got nowhere else to go hon''

''Yes you do. Go to your lover's nest, go to Belinda's
house'' then Charles walked out of the room and quietly closed the door behind.

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:43am On Feb 27, 2016

Ebube stared at the window pane and looked into the sky. It had been 4 days since she left home and Charles was still not open to negotiation. He had allowed her speak with the kids the day before and when Ada asked where she was, she lied that she was out of town for a short period. No one knew what she was going through apart from Belinda.

Ebube needed all the help in the world but the
circumstances by which she was sent out was far too shameful. She could not bear the thought of family members knowing what she had been involved in.

She was the image of the perfect wife, the Nigerian version of Bree Van de Kamp. Once upon a time,
her favourite sister-in-law had referred to her as
Bree and when Ebube asked who that was, the lady told her to go and watch a series called Desperate
Housewives.

Ebube was not much of a TV person but Natasha and Belinda were. When she mentioned it to them, they looked at each other and began to laugh.
Thereafter they agreed it was true. Shortly after that
conversation, Ebube bought a copy of the series, Desperate Housewives and once she started watching it, she didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. She didn’t know whether to be flattered or be flustered. She thought about dyeing her hair red for added effect and giving her friends something to laugh about.

Such was the image that surrounded Ebube. She
couldn’t imagine the whole world hearing what her husband had to say. She had wept, pleaded and
continued begging him but so far it had not made any difference.

All the while, Natasha had been trying to reach her
and it was her turn to ignore her. She had no words for Natasha. She never believed Nat would rat
on her. It was so disappointing because she knew

3 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 7:50am On Feb 27, 2016
so much stuff about Nat and not once had she used it against her. While she was still lost in her thought, Belinda knocked on the door and entered the room without an invite.

She informed her that dinner was ready and when
Ebube said nothing, she began to call her name. Suddenly Ebube turned around with a start ''you say
what?'' she asked.

''Chic, I've been trying to get your attention. Dinner is ready. Is it this bad that when they call your name you cant hear again?''

''What did you make?''

''Yam and stew with chicken or would you like something else? I have groundnut soup in the freezer if you don’t mind eba’’

''Thanks Bel but I'm not really hungry''

''You've got to eat something. You are losing weight
and I can't do hospital waka on top all this drama. I tell you that is going to be the outcome if you continue like this. You must have something today''

''I can't'' then Ebube began to cry ''I've not seen my
kids in days and I just heard their voices. It was too much for me''

''I'm really sorry about this Ebube but I tried to warn
you that night. There was a real possibility Nat could snap and unfortunately that is where we are today''

''I wish I knew what to do''

''You need help and unfortunately I'm not in the
position to help you. I know it sounds really unfair coming from me but you've got to take it on the chin and reach out to people your husband respects''

''Hah, I'm finished! See the way you just put it abi na
beans?''

''I'm so sorry but you've got to be practical. It's been
4 days and you've not been able to do much on your own. You've got to tell like your pastor or maybe…''

''I can't Belinda, I can't. God, I'm finished. Family I've
been building gone!''

''Please calm down, lamentations won't help. It's not
the worst thing in the world. You didn’t kill anyone''

''It's so easy for you to say, isn't it?''

''Are you trying to blame me for this? Is it solely my
fault? I didn’t force you to do anything against your will''

''You didn’t force me but you didn’t stop me either but you...

4 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:02am On Feb 27, 2016
Knew about my weakness so…''

''Oh for God sake, stop being a cry baby. Weakness
this, weakness that, you're not the only one with weakness - I have mine too!"

"Belinda, I am married and my husband is not like
Blossom's husband. You should know that by now. You should have been strong for me and prevented me from ever doing..."

"How could I have stopped you? You came to me the first time it happened and you practically made all the moves. And the second time, you kissed me first. Of course I obliged you, I'm a freaking lesbian! It's not my fault neither is it yours. We are two
tormented souls who just happened to… I dunno
collide. We are adults and we understood what we were doing''

''It was a mistake, I'm not like that. I'm not like you''

''I agree and that’s why nothing has happened since
you've been here. It was a mistake and I'm sorry for the role I played. I'm trying to help you here Ebube and that’s why you are in my home. I'm doing all I can to make you comfortable but I don’t see how this would work if you continue to remain in denial''

''I'm trying my best''

''You've got to reach out to someone. You've got to
talk to your family or someone your husband really respects. This thing is bigger than what only you can handle. Someone else will know about this eventually. You got to let them in; therein lies your help''

''Oh God!''

''I'm just being honest with you; it's been four days
and its time you left this place!''

Then Ebube gasped in shock ''are you driving me?''
she whispered. She didn’t wait for an answer before she burst into fresh tears.

''Chic, you are running high on emotions and you
aren't thinking clearly. I'm the one with my sense firmly screwed into place. You are not helping your cause by sitting pretty in my house. It’s a good thing you have been silent on that note anytime you speak to your husband. There is no way on earth he would take you seriously if you remain anywhere near me. Can’t you see what I mean?''

''I'm dead! I wish the world would understand there
is nothing more to this thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by eitsei(m): 8:09am On Feb 27, 2016
Eniti ti e ti Jona Koni ko'na mo tiwa

2 Likes

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:14am On Feb 27, 2016
wish Charles could see what is truly happening. I
wish he would realize I made a mistake. Who would help me now?''

''Unfortunately I can't help you and I know it sounds
cold but I don’t mean it like that plus I've practically shut shop in Nigeria''

''Meaning?''

''Meaning it's from one wahala to another that I've been facing in this country. I’m still coming to terms with Blossom’s matter and this one has
landed on my plate. I've had enough. I turned in my
resignation yesterday but my manager was able to convince me to go on an extended leave instead.
He claims I'm too valuable to lose so I've decided to
go on study leave. I want to clear my head and see if I still feel the same way about this country. Who knows I may be back or maybe not''

''I am finished! It’s not your fault but I’ve been a fo*ol. Everyone had an exit plan but me. I’m finished!''

''I’m sorry you feel that way but I want you to know I
didn’t plan for this. I didn't set you up. I had nothing to do with it; God himself knows’’

‘’Really’’

‘’Yeah chic. I’m sorry but either way you look at it, I
can't really help you. I'm so sorry because it seems like I'm leaving you in a rot but my hands are tied too''

''No. Its okay, I understand. Its not your fault''

''I'll call Isioma if I were you. I know you wouldn’t
want to live with her on a good day but you have little choice here. Uche would have been better but she is not in Nigeria to help. I'm making plans to
travel out at the end of this month so you still have some time. Nevertheless, I strongly suggest you call Isioma ASAP but in the meantime, dinner is getting cold'' then Belinda walked out of the room without any word.

TBC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Paths by Fantasyisland(f): 8:18am On Feb 27, 2016
As Belinda's character evolved in this novel, I began to see a pattern. Isn't it amazing how she sort of gets people in trouble and gently extricates herself and asks you to handle it then waltz right back in once you've sorted it? LOL

Who has friends like that in real life? Have a good weekend yall...

7 Likes

Re: Three Paths by lumzybo: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2016
shocked "the first, the second time it happened"

E don Tay wey yansh don dey 4 back. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Three Paths by horlah1(f): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2016
Bel is another matter pls... Madam fantasyisland welldone n pleasant weekend to you too
Re: Three Paths by Shakyroh320(f): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2016
eitsei:
AMIN
Re: Three Paths by Jumizie13(f): 10:39am On Feb 27, 2016
eitsei:

AAMIN
Re: Three Paths by eitsei(m): 10:44am On Feb 27, 2016
Jumizie13:
AAMIN
oya gbe ito aamin min
Re: Three Paths by eitsei(m): 10:45am On Feb 27, 2016
Shakyroh320:
AMIN
owo adua nko?
Re: Three Paths by Kajiang02(m): 12:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
Fantasyisland:
As Belinda's character evolved in this novel, I began to see a pattern. Isn't it amazing how she sort of gets people in trouble and gently extricates herself and asks you to handle it then waltz right back in once you've sorted it? LOL

How does she get them into trouble. It's understandable she had a thing for Blossom, in this case, Ebube brought herself to it.

Fantasy, you need to paint the picture in a good light here, else it kills moral reasoning especially for women suffering in silence due to husband's i'll treatment and not fulfilling his "manly" roles.

You shouldn't totally portray Ebube as a complete coward in this case, even as a Lawyer. The man failed in his duties over the years, and after effect is putting his home in ruins.
Ebube needs to fight back, for peace in her home or full custody of the Kids. As well as denying fully, ever indulging in such acts, if push gets to shove. Afterall, na mere say from Nat, which she (Nat) could turn around to be a same old good sister and stand by her friend.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Three Paths by smokeydrinky: 12:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ah! !! I'm just realising that Nat caught below doing ebube.....thought there were both mastuubatin .... dats bad. little wonder Nat freaked out.
Re: Three Paths by Joshchi(m): 12:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
Kajiang02:

How does she get them into trouble. It's understandable she had a thing for Blossom, in this case, Ebube brought herself to it.

Fantasy, you need to paint the picture in a good light here, else it kills moral reasoning especially for women suffering in silence due to husband's i'll treatment and not fulfilling his "manly" roles.

You shouldn't totally portray Ebube as a complete coward in this case, even as a Lawyer. The man failed in his duties over the years, and after effect is putting his home in ruins.
Ebube needs to fight back, for peace in her home or full custody of the Kids. As well as denying fully, ever indulging in such acts, if push gets to shove. Afterall, na mere say from Nat, which she (Nat) could turn around to be a same old good sister and stand by her friend.

Ebube isn't as supportive or such a strong character as you would want her to be portrayed. First, she allowed her circumstance to push her to two indiscretions. In my opinion, I haven't seen anyone who has a perfect life without challenges, does that mean we should take the cheapest option.? she takes the blame and don't forget this plot is set in Nigeria, I wonder how she would fight that. The odds are stacked against her.
As part ebube's character flaw, she failed in her duties as a wife. I can imagine her saying she tried her best to find out her husband's problem. but come to think of it, since we were not given a chance to know about her husband's issues first hand, then she should have done more to help him sort out his issues. Patience is Still a virtue. As a friend she was quick to be politically correct which some would call understanding. She does not have a conviction of what's good or bad, which is why she got caught up in the act so soon. That is also a pointer to the fact that she is not sorry for her actions. She just regrets being caught.
Re: Three Paths by Kajiang02(m): 1:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
@Joshchi

Pls go back to the beginning or somewhere in the middle where the husband became a 1minute man, and totally lost interest.

How many years would you suggest is Enough for a lady to hold forth, 1yr, 5, 10 or which.
I hope we won't go into analysis of a woman staying put irrespective of uncaring and Callous actions from the man.
For Christ sake, the man was practically living in a different bedroom for years, leaving the woman to her fate.

We should be humanly realistic here.

She has a very good Legal case here to upturn every event 100% to her favor.

Think of a case where Nat denys the call, and it becomes hearsay, she could inturn Hit-back as plot from the man to do away with her due to the predicament, and his unwillingness to improve on the deficiency/issue.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by fretfingers: 2:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
Kajiang02:
@Joshchi

y/issue.

And where would that leave her? (Permanent separation from her husband)

Its a fact she was sex starved by her hubby with no genuine reason(s) especially after he attested to have gone through treatment - that's not a good thing to do to ones wife esp at this (her) young age - charles's fault.

No sin is greater than the other, but I tell you, jst for morality sake (in a country like ours) twud have been beta if she slept with a man atleast den Charles could probably still be 'brain washed' or talked to by friends and family members that he is to be blamed (although d outcome could ALMOST b d same but can NEVER b totally d same. Imagine the kids growing up to hearing tales about their moms sexcapades as a homo shocked. , I bet she (ebube) wouldn't only lose their (her kids) respect bt wud also disgust dem).

"Kids I left ur mom cuz she cheated on me with a woman" shocked wtf! - umm.. MB don finish #speechless grin angry
Re: Three Paths by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 27, 2016
Did Belinda really say "the first...the second time??" And yes,I noticed that about Belinda, it's easy for her to say "sort yourself out" and then when everything is back to normal,she waltz back into the picture.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by Joshchi(m): 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
fretfingers:

And where would that leave her? (Permanent separation from her husband)

Its a fact she was sex starved by her hubby with no genuine reason(s) especially after he attested to have gone through treatment - that's not a good thing to do to ones wife esp at this (her) young age - charles's fault.

No sin is greater than the other, but I tell you, jst for morality sake (in a country like ours) twud have been beta if she slept with a man atleast den Charles could probably still be 'brain washed' or talked to by friends and family members that he is to be blamed (although d outcome could ALMOST b d same but can NEVER b totally d same. Imagine the kids growing up to hearing tales about their moms sexcapades as a homo shocked. , I bet she (ebube) wouldn't only lose their (her kids) respect bt wud also disgust dem).

"Kids I left ur mom cuz she cheated on me with a woman" shocked wtf! - umm.. MB don finish #speechless grin angry

Bros tell them.
Re: Three Paths by jxdee: 4:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
Belinda is a real home wrecker! But then Ebube had hers coming. Remember how she nearly seduced somebody's fiance and made the guy give up a good paying job because she's sex starved. Charles too has his coming. He's a real coward and not worthy to be called a husband. His cowardice and stubbornness is the reason his family is going to be torn apart. If Ebube has to go to his family members in order for this problem to be solved, she better do it quickly. Nat should try to contact Charles and explain things since Ebube has refused to pick her calls.
Well done, Fantasyisland.

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by chines4(m): 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
Damn babe your very good, more please. can't wait for the next up date

1 Like

Re: Three Paths by eagleeye2: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
Fantasyisland:

What will you have Belinda do? She is a Les and has accepted herself. Ebube wasn't cut out for this type of thing, but her curiosity got her into trouble.
Abeg make una free Belinda. Make Ebube go sort herself out.
Re: Three Paths by Adasun(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
am not supporting any of da characters(nobody is perfect anyway)undecided

bt da case of Belinda is tight.she don't put friends in trouble nd try to walk out,

rather her hands ar tight like she said.

I mean she can't do anything in Ebube's situation.

She herself is tired,because she always have da bad luck of bearing the miss home breaker.embarasseddats why she want to log out in this situation.

So fantasyisland stop tagging Belinda a coward,cheerrs!!cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Lethal Matrimony / The Devil In The Suit / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.