Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Insecurity Or What? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Insecurity Or What? (1454 Views)

Is It Insecurity Or What / Whats With Fat Ladies, Insecurity And Violence In A Relationship!! / My Insecurity Is Killing Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity Or What? by kimnicki(f): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2015
Hello nairalanders, please what can I do to stop having issues with my boyfriend? he's too jealous and it gets on my nerves. he doesn't want me to have any male friends, he complains all the time when I'm on WhatsApp or bbm,always asking who I'm chatting with, always wants to know everything. dunno if its insecurity or because he's a lot older than me. I love him buh its getting too much,what should I do?
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2015
I heard about you......
Re: Insecurity Or What? by yapapa: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2015
eeyah
Re: Insecurity Or What? by adren(m): 7:26am On Nov 25, 2015
there are three things involved..

either you are prettier than a mammy water or he went through hell to make you his...

or from your records, you nor dey put head for one place..

all in all.. some girls are on the mountain praying and hoping for that kinda man..

@OP, hold on strongly to him..

he has 58 yards of husband material..

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 25, 2015
kimnicki:
Hello nairalanders, please what can I do to stop having issues with my boyfriend? he's too jealous and it gets on my nerves. he doesn't want me to have any male friends, he complains all the time when I'm on WhatsApp or bbm,always asking who I'm chatting with, always wants to know everything. dunno if its insecurity or because he's a lot older than me. I love him buh its getting too much,what should I do?

Men like to be jealous, it's one of our little quirks. But we only showcase this character if we are really in love with our woman. So you can find a bit of solace knowing that your boyfriend really loves you.

But, from what you said, I think he is taking it a bit far. Now this is when communication becomes really essential. A lot of relationship issues like this, can be solved through effective communication between spouses.

Just talk to your boyfriend about how you feel, just like you explained here on this thread. Tell him you don't like the way he behaves, at times. Assure him that he is the only man in your life and that he shouldn't worry about you cheating on him, because it's not going to happen.

Trust me, once you talk to him like I advised, he would change. You know why? Because he loves you and he doesn't want to lose you, for anything, especially not a habit of his.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nature8(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2015
adren:

either you are prettier than a mammy water or he went through hell to make you his...

all in all.. some girls are on the mountain praying and hoping for that kinda man..

You just made the point clear bro.. But some girls won't see or take it like that
Re: Insecurity Or What? by itsIYKE(m): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2015
Sit down and talk to him if u really do love him
Re: Insecurity Or What? by kimnicki(f): 8:14am On Nov 25, 2015
Decker:

Men like to be jealous, it's one of our little quirks. But we only showcase this character if we are really in love with our woman. So you can find a bit of solace knowing that your boyfriend really loves you.

But, from what you said, I think he is taking it a bit far. Now this is when communication becomes really essential. A lot of relationship issues like this, can be solved through effective communication between spouses.

Just talk to your boyfriend about how you feel, just like you explained here on this thread. Tell him you don't like the way he behaves, at times. Assure him that he is the only man in your life and that he shouldn't worry about you cheating on him, because it's not going to happen.

Trust me, once you talk to him like I advised, he would change. You know why? Because he loves you and he doesn't want to lose you, for anything, especially not a habit of his.
thank you i'd do just that
Re: Insecurity Or What? by kimnicki(f): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2015
adren:

lol..actually he went through hell to get me and he knows I've got a lot of male friends buh I've told him times without number dah I can nva cheat on him
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Youngpo413: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2015
Male friends with benefit.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2015
kimnicki:
thank you i'd do just that
You are welcome.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Michellla(f): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Decker:

i so much doubt talk will work.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2015
Michellla:

i so much doubt talk will work.

Talking does work, especially in issues like this.

The thing is, the boyfriend might not actually know that his girlfriend finds what he is doing and the way he is doing it sort of annoying. So if she talks to him about it all, he'd become a little more conscious, and probably draw a line.

And the OP just replied me, telling me that she will talk to him, meaning that she hasn't talked to him about it before.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Michellla(f): 9:39am On Nov 25, 2015
Decker:

Talking does work, especially in issues like this.

The thing is, the boyfriend might not actually know that his girlfriend finds what he is doing and the way he is doing it sort of annoying. So if she talks to him about it all, he'd become a little more conscious, and probably draw a line.

And the OP just replied me, telling me that she will talk to him, meaning that she hasn't talked to him about it before.
been there.
done that.

some guys just got trust issues naturally.talk wont work for them.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 25, 2015
If u really love him and u want to save your relationship, den oblige his demands shikena.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2015
Decker!! stop saying my mind angry
Re: Insecurity Or What? by inositol88(m): 9:53am On Nov 25, 2015
its not insecurity, its just dat he loves u,

did I hear u say u have many male friends?

now tell me sincerely

how wud u feel if u see so many (beautiful) gals around him always, and he tells u dat they are just his friends??

to be on a safe side and avoid misunderstanding between u two, make ur male friends his friends and don't Cross's the boundary of (platonic) .

my own view oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 25, 2015
Anyss:
If u really love him and u want to save your relationship, den oblige his demands shikena.
I won't agree to that so you mean she should leave her friends for a boyfriend? who will be with her when/if things go sour.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 25, 2015
Diddyydiva:
Decker!! stop saying my mind angry

tongue
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2015
Diddyydiva:
I won't agree to that so you mean she should leave her friends for a boyfriend? who will be with her when/if things go sour.

Dats y I said if she loves him and want to save the relationship naw. If she loves him truely den u know fully well dat he's supposed to be her friend, father, companion, brother etc. So obeying him will not really be a wahala. And mind u men love obedience and hate nags. Its easier for her to obey him for d mean time and den discuss it again peaceful much later. Abi wetin u tink?

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2015
If he doesnt love you he wont be jealous.

too many guys surrounding you? how about if he has as much females always around him would you feel comfortable.

op, quote me. you are a step away from either cheating on him or dumping him.

prolly you are still very young so you can afford to play the relationship away.

better perspective comes with age.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 25, 2015
Anyss:

Dats y I said if she loves him and want to save the relationship naw. If she loves him truely den u know fully well dat he's supposed to be her friend, father, companion, brother etc. So obeying him will not really be a wahala. And mind u men love obedience and hate nags. Its easier for her to obey him for d mean time and den discuss it again peaceful much later. Abi wetin u tink?
he is just a boyfriend and not a husband yet.if the lady becomes too dependent on him that will be another issue. me i think make she talk to the guy peacefully ni o. i can't leave my besties oo,who will dey my back if yawa gas or i get hurt wink
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2015
Diddyydiva:
he is just a boyfriend and not a husband yet.if the lady becomes too dependent on him that will be another issue. me i think make she talk to the guy peacefully ni o. i can't leave my besties oo,who will dey my back if yawa gas or i get hurt wink

Lol. I grab. Buh have faith AL IZ WELL. Lolz
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2015
kimnicki:
Reduce your intimacy with male friends. They won't date u if he jilts you.
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2015
Anyss:

Lol. I grab. Buh have faith AL IZ WELL. Lolz
Nasoo my sister smiley. have a nice day jare,boss is around angry sad sad

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nature8(m): 12:42pm On Nov 25, 2015
Anyss:

Your guy must be lucky to have someone like you.. I like your understanding.. I wish every girl will just understand it the way you do
Re: Insecurity Or What? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Nature8:

Your guy must be lucky to have someone like you.. I like your understanding.. I wish every girl will just understand it the way you do

Lol am blushing. Tankyu. Tankyu. Tankyu

1 Like

Re: Insecurity Or What? by fikolo: 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
Michellla:

been there.
done that.

some guys just got trust issues naturally.talk wont work for them.

Do you mind sharing how you solved the problem, we could learn one or two things from your first hand experience smiley

(1) (Reply)

My Chronicles... / 1st Time Versus 101st Time, Unbelievable Reactions (photos) / Whats Your Favourite Body Part On The Opposite Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.