Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids (52758 Views)

MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please / Nigerian Man Loses Job Of N120k Pay Because Of N2k / I Can't Accept A Job Offer That Pays Below 100k/month ( Keke Rider) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 26, 2015
i thought i was the only one that watched onision videos grin
cap28:
BLACK WOMEN HAVE BEEN BRAINWASHED INTO BELEIVING THAT THEIR HAIR IS UGLY AND THATS WHY THEY WEAR ALL SORTS OF TERRIBLE WIGS AND WEAVE ONS SO THAT THEY CAN LOOK LIKE WHITE WOMEN. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THE WHITE MAN STILL SEES BLACK PEOPLE AS UGLY AND INFERIOR. WE NEED TO WAKE UP AS A RACE AND TAKE PRIDE IN OUR UNIQUE PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES, BURN THOSE UGLY WIGS AND WEAVE ONS, REJECT THE SATANIC BRAINWASHING OF THE WHITE MAN, HE WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO DESTROY YOUR SELF ESTEEM, DIGNITY AND PRIDE, REJECT HIS CUNNING PSYCHOLOGICAL BRAINWASHING, WEAR YOUR NATURAL HAIR AND BE PROUD OF WHAT GOD GAVE YOU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_ReIw9yn2s
Re: Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids by TheAziz: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2015
So what has braid got to do with her job, i like that girl jor, she sabi her work wella na why she comot, the thing sure for am
Re: Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids by BlackLeopard(m): 12:26am On Nov 27, 2015
cap28:

I'm so glad she stuck two fingers up to these racists, she would have been soooooooooo miserable in that job.

So many black people in the UK are suffering from depression and all sorts of undiagnosed psychiatric problems as a result of wasting years working in very hostile racist environments, don't waste your youth and your life being around racists, they are like cancer, once they get into your head you are a goner!

Word of a-men to all you've written, brother/sister. Well put.
Re: Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids by igbo2011(m): 4:45am On Nov 27, 2015
cap28:
the only winners are the racist Indians and Koreans who make billions of dollars from insecure, low self esteem black women who spend billions buying "brazillian" and "indian" straight hair in order to look more white - laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of self hating black women

We can teach people that we have history. Check out this lecture by Akala. We should share videos like this so we can have more self love. We can also teach other ethnicities that we have history too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUtAxUQjwB4&feature

1 Like

Re: Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids by Guruscrew: 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
G
Re: Lara Odoffin, Nigerian, Loses Job Offer In UK Because Of Her Braids by misterbear: 11:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
To me,it isn't discrimination.It's simply company policy!If you critisize the UK,what about Nigeria?Nigeria is the worst country in terms of discrimination.A country where just your name,your tribe and your state of origin has automatically disqualified you for a job,loan,importation,school,etc.
Any Nigerian who goes about calling citizens of other countries racists is a very big idiot.

So you think something cannot be discrimination and "company policy" at the same time? Why not ask yourself why it is company policy. And if it is because "it is what the clients want", then why not ask why the clients want that? Have you never noticed that whites have no problem when it comes to styling their own hair and they only seem to have a problem when blacks style theirs (as if they are threatened by it)? They want black women to just burn down their hair with their chemicals or buy dead hair from them. [That girl's picture looks very beautiful by the way]

There is also an inconsistency in your statement. If you accept that Nigeria is rife with bigotry and tribal chauvinism and discrimination, why then can you not also accept that those very same kinds of factors may be present among whites in terms of racism? You rightfully condemn African ethnic bigotry and discrimination but then you make excuses for the European version of it when it is done to black people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? / Coronavirus: TVC Slashes Staff Salaries - Politics Nigeria / Which Income Level Do You Belong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.