Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,213 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos (61944 Views)

40 Nigerians Deported From Italy Arrive Lagos / 97 Nigerians Deported From South Africa For Various Offences Arrive In Lagos / Nigerians Deported From UK, Arrive Lagos, To Complete Their Jail In Kirikiri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by ttmacoy: 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Now we would have had a dialogue if your response started from the "In my post" line from your post below and not with stfu and all the other stuff you said.

Now regarding those Children aged 1-7, because you are a minor does not make you a legal immigrant in the UK. Even if the child is born in the UK and none of his parents are either citizens or permanent residents that child is not a UK citizen and can be deported with his family. There are ofcourse cases where the UKBA will apply leniency in some cases due to circumstances but that does not mean because a child is a minor he cannot be deported, if his family is being deported then he will to.

Secondly you say people in the UK who naturalize as citizens can be deported if they commit an offence. While that is a power the Home secretary has, it has only been used 37 times so far and mostly in the case of citizens who get involved in terrorism etc. It is for cases where there are very serious consequences to the person being or returning to the UK.

I do agree however that it is different for people on permanent residences who commit crimes, the type of crime and length of imprisonment can bar you from getting citizenship from a few years to forever and even in some cases be deported. My point is when they applied for and received LPR status they were made aware of the conditions which they accepted, and also this is not peculiar to the UK. Even in the US the likes a criminal record can derail application to stay in the country.

Now if you disagree with anything I posted above feel free to come back with a rebuttal about why you think I a wrong without any insults. I don't know it all and same with you so through dialogue we learn from each other.

Also you keep saying you doubt I have never been to the UK. How do you know that?

Shymm3x:

What type of dialogue were you trying to have when you quoted me and started "correcting" what you're ignorant about?

In my post, I made reference of "age 1-7" and I said they were never illegal immigrants. If you understand the UK laws, you would know that minors aren't considered to be illegal immigrants and once they get to age 16, they'll get N.I cards posted to them. And after that, when they're old enough, they can always apply to the home office to get whatever they need.

Also, I was alluding to people in their mid-late 20s who spent all their lives in the UK and they had passports and were traveling everywhere before they got entangled in the madness that messed them up. My post is self-explanatory to anyone who lives in the UK. You don't live here and I doubt you have ever been to the UK. So why jump into the discourse and try to correct what you know nothing about?

2 Likes

Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Shymm3x: 5:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
ttmacoy:
Now we would have had a dialogue if your response started from the "In my post" line from your post below and not with stfu and all the other stuff you said.

Now regarding those Children aged 1-7, because you are a minor does not make you a legal immigrant in the UK. Even if the child is born in the UK and none of his parents are either citizens or permanent residents that child is not a UK citizen and can be deported with his family. There are ofcourse cases where the UKBA will apply leniency in some cases due to circumstances but that does not mean because a child is a minor he cannot be deported, if his family is being deported then he will to.

Now if you disagree with anything I posted above feel free to come back with a rebuttal about why you think I a wrong without any insults. I don't know it all and same with you so through dialogue we learn from each other.

Also you keep saying you doubt I have never been to the UK. How do you know that?

Cite one case where a minor has ever been deported from the UK alone. Just one.

If you can do that, I'll oblige you with a discourse.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by jaybee3(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:

as long as you are male, you can be accused of rape.

Because it isn't prevalent doesn't mean women don't get accused of rape as well

Anyhoo, not putting myself into compromising situations such that rape can be alleged suggests that i ain't a man about town, No?
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by tpiadotcom: 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaybee3:

Because it isn't prevalent doesn't mean women don't get accused of rape as well

Anyhoo, not putting myself into compromising situations such that rape can be alleged suggests that i ain't a man about town, No?

the definition of compromising situation varies from person to person.

the point is as long as you are male and you must interact with the opposite sex, you can be accused of rape.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by itsene: 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
It's a major setback no doubt , but anyone of them can bounce back.
My first suggestion is to look for some of their best friends in secondary school and tell them your labari.Trust in God.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by jaybee3(m): 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2015
Shymm3x:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/rafeeq-atanda-fears-five-year-old-gateshead-8521211

Minors can be deported alongside their illegal parents Sir.

Obviously they aren't going to deport a minor alone because they had be stateless at that point hence they had be taken into care
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by jaybee3(m): 5:38pm On Nov 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:

the definition of compromising situation varies from person to person.

the point is as long as you are male and you must interact with the opposite sex, you can be accused of rape.

You can't be accused of rape just by interaction alone duhhhhh
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by tpiadotcom: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaybee3:

You can't be accused of rape just by interaction alone duhhhhh

if you feel so.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by tpiadotcom: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Shymm3x: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
jaybee3:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/rafeeq-atanda-fears-five-year-old-gateshead-8521211

Minors can be deported alongside their illegal parents Sir.

Obviously they aren't going to deport a minor alone because they had be stateless at that point hence they had be taken into care

Along with their parents cos you can't separate kids from the parents, but can they be deported alone? That's what separates legal from illegal. If the parents want their kids to stay, they have no rights whatsoever to deport the kids. And once they get to age 16, they're entitled to N.I cards.

If minors are deemed "illegal" shouldn't they be deported alone?

Anyway, who has been here from 1-7, by age age 18-20 should get legal status. And the folks I was alluding to were legally here and I did say that. The laws are on the UKBA website - once you commit a serious crime and spend more than 18 months in prison, if you were not born in the UK - whatever you've got would be revoked if you're deemed a threat to the society. So I still don't understand where this guy came from to start correcting me, to be honest.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Prymestrr(m): 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
ify2016:
9ja how market ni

UK govt bad gon......

Ebi don tey wey UK hate 9ja, but mek we self dey think wella before embarking on UK journey. Nothing dey UK except their Uni.

Too stingy and archaic country!!!!
Jesu!!! U r endowed.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by difego: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2015
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by ttmacoy: 5:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
Where in my post did I say minors were deported alone? I said they will be deported with their parents if they were being deported as illegals.

The UK not deporting minors is on compassionate grounds not because they are legal and while some are able to regularise, many usually have issues later on.

Anyway where in the UK do you stay?

Shymm3x:

Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by ooshinibos: 5:57pm On Nov 25, 2015
too many Nigerians in the UK anyway ... oyibo don try for Naija people ..its time to make nation better than UK ..lets create a black nation ..we have more resources than UK
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Shymm3x: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2015
ttmacoy:
Where in my post did I say minors were deported alone? I said they will be deported with their parents if they were being deported as illegals.

The UK not deporting minors is on compassionate grounds not because they are legal and while some are able to regularise, many usually have issues later on.

Anyway where in the UK do you stay?

I'm sorry, since you can cite any example, I'll have to end the conversation here.

Cheers.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by ttmacoy: 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
You want me to Cite example of minor deported alone or with parents?

I never said minors are deported alone but anyway have fun and don't insulting people simply because they disagree with you.

Shymm3x:

I'm sorry, since you can cite any example, I'll have to end the conversation here.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by OnReflection: 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2015
The largest plane in Titan Airways' fleet holds 265, so there is no way 500 people were transported on a single flight.

Boeing 767-300ER Standard Class --- http://www.titan-airways.com/fleet/boeing-767-300er-standard-class.html

Activists Slam Excessive Restraint Of Deportees

NOV 2015 Tuesday 24TH posted by Joana Ramiro in Britain

ONE hundred people are set to be deported in a chartered flight from Stansted airport tonight as campaigners accuse the Home Office of using “excessive” restraints.

The 22.30 Titan Airways flight heading to Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone is thought to also be carrying a Belgium-born man who has lived most of his life in Britain.

According to immigration activists, many are being boarded under duress and issued travel documents unrelated to their actual country of origin.
In a statement, the deportation and detention support charity Unity Centre said it had “opposed these flights for years.”

A spokeswoman said: “Detainees are taken from detention centres across the UK throughout the afternoon leading up to the planned routine charter flights after being locked up in individual rooms from the night before.

“This practice is believed to avoid any resistance with individuals suspected of resisting being placed in solitary confinement for days or weeks leading up to the flight.”

She added that since the death in custody of Angolan detainee Jimmy Mubenga, security firms outsourced by the Home Office have used new, unregulated restraining methods.

Restraints are said to go around the whole body and keep the arms and hands pinned down.

The group also said it “received a distressing call a few months ago after this contraption was used upon a Nigerian national held in Dungavel Immigration Removal Centre.

“As a result of the force used and severe pressing upon his chest he was admitted to the emergency room.

“One detainee reports seeing the use of these devices as an ‘everyday thing’.”

The Home Office refused to comment.

Source: http://www.morningstaronline.co.uk/a-b1b9-Activists-slam-excessive-restraint-of-deportees
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by fastguy10: 6:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
mikeapollo:

Aero flies across West Africa and other destinations outside Nigeria.
A flight between Nigeria and Ghana is an international flight
Which day aero start flying outside Nigeria my friend dnt say wht u dnt no
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Shymm3x: 6:30pm On Nov 25, 2015
ttmacoy:
You want me to Cite example of minor deported alone or with parents?

I never said minors are deported alone but anyway have fun and don't insulting people simply because they disagree with you.

Brev, can you read? Everything I posited is self-explanatory but cos you talk more than you listen, or probably cos comprehension isn't ya forte you keep jumping everywhere.

A lot of you are just terrible human beings and the only thing you came on the thread for is basically to gloat over the mishap of others and laugh at their expense.

I've a friend who was sent to naij last year despite the fact that he has been in the UK from year 2 in school, as a kid. He also has a kid (had the kid at age 19). He was the only one born in naij in his family. All cos he was arrested with a firearm for trying to protect himself - due to how hot everywhere was. He was never an illegal immigrant but his legal status was revoked by the home office cos he was deemed a threat to the society. He paid his debt to the society. Finished Uni with a 2.1 degree and his probation officer certified that he had moved on from that lifestyle. Yet the home office kept troubling him. Even after his legal status was revoked, he went to court three times and he won, yet the home office kept re-appealing. Last year they just took him to Nigeria cos fvcking Nigerian government allowed it to happen.

The only thing that saved him was cos he also has an Irish passport his mum got from him time ago and he moved to America with that. If not for that he'd still be in Nigeria now. Regardless, he can't come to the UK to see his kid. And there are loads of people like him who have been messed up the same way.

Listen, I don't know what you want - just go away. And next time don't jump into every discourse to expose ya ignorance.

I'm out.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by fastguy10: 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2015
flexxyworld:

You are. Trully what your moniker implies, the rest were jonzing, it was just a random. Arrival picture but the story is factual.. Sharpguy
Village man,I dnt blame u,u dnt no international n local fight becos u see pipLe coming out of plane means them r from london
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Sanchase: 6:33pm On Nov 25, 2015
THIS NEWS IS FAKE

THIS NEWS IS FAKE

THIS NEWS IS FAKE

ONLY 46 NIGERIANS WERE DEPORTED FROM THE UK, BEFORE PEOPLE COMMENT ON A POST THEY NEED TO ENSURE THE INFORMATION IS RIGHT !!!
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by awesome10: 6:41pm On Nov 25, 2015
Its a bad story..I have the opportunity to speak to few of them,the sad of the story was most of them have not been to nigeria b4,some were not even a nigerian,a guy told his story that he doesn't have anyone in nigeria,another one said he was brought up in UK.many of them have stayed in UK more than 10yrs,some quickly call there people to come and pick them....my concerned now was where will those that were dumped here will stays,some where liberia, so nigeria have become a dump site for deportee frm UK
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by ttmacoy: 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
Calm down and look at it logically. Put aside sentiments because he is your friend. You say he had a gun because everything is hot everywhere, really? I lived in the UK over 10 years before moving to the US and I never had or know any one who had a gun so if he got a gun illegally then he committed an offence and is a criminal full stop.

I sympathize with him as your friend but that doesn't mean what he did is right.

Yes the UK have every right to send him back to Nigeria if he cannot get his act together and be a law abiding citizen so i don't get this entitlement mentality you have that the Nigerian government should not have accepted him.

He is in the US now right, please tell go commit another offence

Shymm3x:

Brev, can you read? Everything I posited is self-explanatory but cos you talk more than you listen, or probably cos comprehension isn't ya forte you keep jumping everywhere.

A lot of you are just terrible human beings and the only thing you came on the thread for is basically to gloat over the mishap of others and laugh at their expense.

I've a friend who was sent to naij last year despite the fact that he has been in the UK from year 2 in school, as a kid. He also has a kid (had the kid at age 19). He was the only one born in naij in his family. All cos he was arrested with a firearm for trying to protect himself - due to how hot everywhere was. He was never an illegal immigrant but his legal status was revoked by the home office cos he was deemed a threat to the society. He paid his debt to the society. Finished Uni with a 2.1 degree and his probation officer certified that he had moved on from that lifestyle. Yet the home office kept troubling him. Even after his legal status was revoked, he went to court three times and he won, yet the home office kept re-appealing. Last year they just took him to Nigeria cos fvcking Nigerian government allowed it to happen.

The only thing that saved him was cos he also has an Irish passport his mum got from him time ago and he moved to America with that. If not for that he'd still be in Nigeria now. Regardless, he can't come to the UK to see his kid. And there are loads of people like him who have been messed up the same way.

Listen, I don't know what you want - just go away. And next time don't jump into every discourse to expose ya ignorance.

I'm out.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by awesome10: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2015
They didn't come with Aero airline,the poster just used Aero, they came with their own charter Flight
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by wink2015(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2015
[size=18pt]Prime Minister David Cameron Conservative party has a strict immigration policy towards foreigner especialy those from Africa e.g Nigeria, unlike that of the Labour Party.

To Nigerian returning home from Britain following the deportation, they will meet a Nigeria that is much difficult to living in social economically. Oil price has fallen, Nigerian government does not have sufficient funds, corruption cases, unemployment etc.[/size]
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by tpiadotcom: 7:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
Sanchase:
THIS NEWS IS FAKE

THIS NEWS IS FAKE

THIS NEWS IS FAKE

ONLY 46 NIGERIANS WERE DEPORTED FROM THE UK, BEFORE PEOPLE COMMENT ON A POST THEY NEED TO ENSURE THE INFORMATION IS RIGHT !!!

what should we believe?
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by Shymm3x: 7:16pm On Nov 25, 2015
ttmacoy:
Calm down and look at it logically. Put aside sentiments because he is your friend. You say he had a gun because everything is hot everywhere, really? I lived in the UK over 10 years before moving to the US and I never had or know any one who had a gun so if he got a gun illegally then he committed an offence and is a criminal full stop.

I sympathize with him as your friend but that doesn't mean what he did is right.

Yes the UK have every right to send him back to Nigeria if he cannot get his act together and be a law abiding citizen so i don't get this entitlement mentality you have that the Nigerian government should not have accepted him.

What rights have they got to send him back when the environment created the monster and it wasn't like he killed someone - he was just protecting himself? London is even calmer now, but if you're from London during my era when London was Londonistan, especially certain areas, you can't escape it. The environment created the people and the onus is on the environment to reform them. At the end of the day, a lot of these people don't know anything about living in Nigeria and Nigeria never created what they became - why take them there?

I beat a few cases in my life and I'd say I'm one of few ones from my era who was able to live through it and survive with a clean record. Not cos I'm smarter than the rest, but cos I was lucky. But trust me, from age 16-21, it's difficult to escape a lot of things the environment created. And even if you tried - the needless threats to ya life will always want to make you do something. That's the story of the black man raised through the system in the UK. Who's to blame for it? - the system. So why make the people the system raised through that madness, who're meant to be victims, the villain and start treating them like animals with no rights whatsoever?

I don't even want to talk about it. And I can give you a long list of folks who grew up innocent but later became monsters - some are dead, some are in jail, some are running with criminal records, those who made it made it - while the rest have been deported to different countries. They need to stop victimising the victims and focus on changing the system that created them. I'll just leave it here.
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by sirTesco(m): 7:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
dunkem21:
grin Fashola will be so happy ..

I hope no be for third mainland bridge dem drop them ..

..Welcome home brethren, Nigeria is great again .. abi no be una dey diaspora dey support change?

..Sachet water now block in the freezer and Fuel is only but N45/ litre ..

..and you won't hear the deafening noises of generators because they ain't necessary again, the govt has even banned the small gen and made you equal to your neighbour.

Nnoo nu!
guy u get mouth o
Re: 500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos by smartmoses(m): 7:51pm On Nov 25, 2015
This is very big insult to Nigeria,Buhari must resign. Is this the change they are talking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. / Nigerian Woman, Sarah Soyemi Brutalized By Canadian Police Officers (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.