Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,033 members, 7,866,909 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? (2888 Views)

Should I Tell Her To Wait For Me? / She Is Going To Stay At A Young Male Friends Place For Her I.T / Lagos Girl Adds Boyfriend’s Wife On Bb,tells Her I Will Deal With You(live Chat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Laitesmart(m): 7:57am On Nov 26, 2015
Gosh.. Guys and their oversabi.. U want to take her to a place she has never been before right? Must u take her to an excessively expensive place? What happened to Iya shaki food canteen?
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by star141(m): 8:01am On Nov 26, 2015
DY20:
Hi everyone, this matter has been one that have been giving sleepless night for over seven days now and I beg you to help me with it...
I have been dating her for over 2 years and some months now, my relationship with her is great, just few ups and downs. But there is one flaw in our relationship, I barely spend much time with her because I am a dependent, student, loner and to top it all, an Introvert (as people do tell me)
Her birthday is on the 5th of december, she told me she want to celebrate it, knowing that I can't afford even the cake, I told her not to hold the apart again because it shouldn't be our priority now (that's my excuse).
She got angry over it and I pretend not to care too. The next day she come back to me and say she won't hold it anymore. So she begged me that she did not want anything from me on her birthday, but all she want is for me to take her out.
I have never done that before, with her with anyone but I agreed anyway.
She was very happy, I can see it in her, she told all of her friends about it, she just can't stop talking about it anytime I'm around her.
I plan to take some money out of the sum my dad gave me to send to my sister (who is also a student) for project. She asked me to keep it for her till December ending so that she won't spend it. Knowing that I'm going to get back the money, I just keep assuring her of the promise I made.
Here is the problem, my sister called me lately that deadline for the project is now November ending. She begged me to send it and she is serious about it. My sister trusts me so much. Now I don't know how to tell my girlfriend that I can't keep the promise again.

I respect myself so much, of course I can't risk my sister's education over a promise to my girlfriend but I don't know how to tell her that.
Please help a brother, thanks.

It all play down on ur gf level of understand & how you explain the situation on ground. Next time learn not 2promise what you can't fulfill.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 26, 2015
sapiosexual1:
My friend, I for one is against two of the options you're contemplating.
I'm against using a part of your sister's money to impress your gehl. Nono no, Pls don't make that mistake, never sligh your family to impress a gehl. Gehls would come and go, family would always reman.
Secondly, I'm against guys who borrow money to impress their babes, no, never. You're making her a liability to you if you do that. While in school, I borrowed money to some of my friends to take their girls out. Their girl's eventually did them what every girl who comes for the money does..... she took a walk and loudly shut the door behind her. Till now they haven't repaid me. Met my current gf in my 500L, I didn't have enough money to wash her bday for the 2yrs while I was a student, she remained loyal. Today, we're glued like evostic.
Bottom line : tell her plainly the story you've told us, a loving and loyal gf would be understanding. If she walks away, thank your god that you dodged a silver bullet
My 2kobo though.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by DY20: 8:14am On Nov 26, 2015
sapiosexual1:

My 2kobo though.
God bless you.. And others too.. Things are becoming clearer to me now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Cutehector(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2015
Estharfabian:
You asking the question is insane...undecided Why Would U even want to Use your Sister's Project funds lavishly for some Ridiculous birthday?shocked

Anyways,-She only said you should take her "Out"..Very easy!! take her Window shopping(We love it)grin

then..buy a mat...Fry some fish and groundnut..take her to the nearest Grass Around...and there! You've got Yourself a picnic birthday...wink

Everything shouldn't revolve around money....
hy darling smiley
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 26, 2015
Cutehector:
hy darling smiley
Hey hunnie...undecided

Ahm hungry...cry
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by sheun07(m): 1:32pm On Nov 26, 2015
See Ur mouth* ...senseless talk out of a senseless brain
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by MacBabe(f): 2:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
She's a real girl, a sagittarian, a lady that'll love u 4 who you are.. Not minding ur financial status, these queens r born btw NOV22 to DEC19.. Tell her u wana use d money 4 ur sis.. She'll undestand.. Really u no get problem.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Cutehector(m): 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2015
Estharfabian:
Hey hunnie...undecided

Ahm hungry...cry
sawwie barbie...... Oops, wah would u like ta eat nw?
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by danton(m): 3:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
You re in a fix... If i were you i'd explain everything to her.... Yes the whole truth..
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Cholls(m): 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2016
MacBabe:
She's a real girl, a sagittarian, a lady that'll love u 4 who you are.. Not minding ur financial status, these queens r born btw NOV22 to DEC19.. Tell her u wana use d money 4 ur sis.. She'll undestand.. Really u no get problem.
my sister hello.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by ghostwritter(m): 11:41pm On Jan 01, 2016
DY20:
Hi everyone, this matter has been one that have been giving sleepless night for over seven days now and I beg you to help me with it...
I have been dating her for over 2 years and some months now, my relationship with her is great, just few ups and downs. But there is one flaw in our relationship, I barely spend much time with her because I am a dependent, student, loner and to top it all, an Introvert (as people do tell me)
Her birthday is on the 5th of december, she told me she want to celebrate it, knowing that I can't afford even the cake, I told her not to hold the apart again because it shouldn't be our priority now (that's my excuse).
She got angry over it and I pretend not to care too. The next day she come back to me and say she won't hold it anymore. So she begged me that she did not want anything from me on her birthday, but all she want is for me to take her out.
I have never done that before, with her with anyone but I agreed anyway.
She was very happy, I can see it in her, she told all of her friends about it, she just can't stop talking about it anytime I'm around her.
I plan to take some money out of the sum my dad gave me to send to my sister (who is also a student) for project. She asked me to keep it for her till December ending so that she won't spend it. Knowing that I'm going to get back the money, I just keep assuring her of the promise I made.
Here is the problem, my sister called me lately that deadline for the project is now November ending. She begged me to send it and she is serious about it. My sister trusts me so much. Now I don't know how to tell my girlfriend that I can't keep the promise again.

I respect myself so much, of course I can't risk my sister's education over a promise to my girlfriend but I don't know how to tell her that.
Please help a brother, thanks.
why d stress?
just buy her lacasera 100 naira and gala 50 naira.....shikena!!
make sure u do it with love and affection, I guess that's what ur girl needs.
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by missKiffy(f): 1:12am On Jan 02, 2016
Should you even be dating at all lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 02, 2016
So u nor get money and u still dey carry woman Abi... clap for urself... Just to take ur babe out for her birthday u're complaining, using ur sis project as an excuse... u're just stingy broke ass nigga #no offense# angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Will You Accept Her Back After She Has Done This To You? / For Couples And Those About To Get Married / It's So Painful What's Happening On NL This Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.