Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help (65756 Views)

My Husband Has A Different Surname To The One He Uses.. / "Your Husband Has Been Having Sex With Me" - 13-Year-Old Maid Tells Her Madam / 'my Husband Has Attention Each Time He Carries Our Daughters On His Lap' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by corneremperor: 3:50am On Nov 26, 2015
optimusprime2:

I carefully read your whole writeup, hence my whole quote... Firstly (Pardon me for being Blunt) I think you are quite a Naive, selfish and shallow woman who is insensitive to a man as delicate natured as your husband- for a start, I believe you are a christian, go and read the book of Proverbs chapter 31 vs 10-31 it should give you insight of the role of a good wife.
Many women pray for the kind of man you have as a husband, and here you are complaining about what you have... A wife is a friend, a partner, a buddie et al, apparently you have'nt carved out that Niche for your husband, because you have already viewed and tagged him as a weakling.
Secondly You lack the caring instinct of a mother; if you did, you would have known how to adjust your husband to fit your specs, with Love. Cant you see he is as a child to you? I wonder how you would care for kids with special needs with an attitude of insensitivity like this...
Thirdly, you are inconsiderate; Because you know that's how he is and yet you choose to exploit his shortcomings/weaknesses, then complain in the end- You should be ashamed of yourself.
Fourthly, You are the solitary lady- basically you love doing your thingys alone. It's unfortunate you married a man who values company and companionship, now in marriage, the definition of you is "Selfish" because all you lookout for is "You" ... sorry girl thats the picture I see.
Fifth, Your perspective of marriage is so shallow... And I have a deep pity for you because you still think marriage is post courtship, an indirect reflection of your psychological immaturity (Geez I'm really sorry for the bluntness but I just cant help it)
Sixth, You are just not romantic period.... (A wife beater would have suited you just fine)
If you think people will come and sympathize with you here on Nairaland for your woes and complaints on this matter, you are wrong, very wrong .... Go and analyse your shortcomings woman and fix up your marriage.
Overall I feel bad for your husband- it's really not his fault. He married a girl not a woman. (Sorry girl just being blunt)

optimusprime2 has said it all. This OP needs captain beat-a-wife in her life. She does not deserve the man that she married , and she appears very selfish. "Sometimes if I say no to his advances for sex he would act like I am a wicked woman who has cheated him or rubbed him of his right. He would give me the silent treatment for weeks until I give in" . why would you starve him of sex for weeks??
You then go ahead to say he wants sex daily, which one are we to believe nau? You have contradicted yourself right there. I suggest you take a long hard look in the mirror dear

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by SonOfEl(m): 3:57am On Nov 26, 2015
OP, you are showing mild signs of Stockholm syndrome. It is you that need help not your hubby. IMO.

14 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by utenwuson: 4:15am On Nov 26, 2015
op. after u finish trying all d advises given above n he didn't learn try mine,

since he obeys and worship u, give him punishment, slap him, tell him 2 do frog jump, tell him 2 cook, clean d toilet, wash d plate, wash ur pants n keep punishing him!

one day, just one fateful day! he ll hold ur hand in d air and say "woman, am tired, am tired of u maltreating me! then d man in him ll rise up 2 ur occasion n he ll beat d hell outa u! u myt even faint n collaps but don't worry! u ll stil come here 2 create another thread on how ur hubby is a dangerous man

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by AVRecruit: 4:20am On Nov 26, 2015
utenwuson:
op. after u finish trying all d advises given above n he didn't learn try mine,

since he obeys and worship u, give him punishment, slap him, tell him 2 do frog jump, tell him 2 cook, clean d toilet, wash d plate, wash ur pants n keep punishing him!

one day, just one fateful day! he ll hold ur hand in d air and say "woman, am tired, am tired of u maltreating me! then d man in him ll rise up 2 ur occasion n he ll beat d hell outa u! u myt even faint n collaps but don't worry! u ll stil come here 2 create another thread on how ur hubby is a dangerous man

love this

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 4:55am On Nov 26, 2015
Reminds me of my first actual relationship.. But I thank God,, that babe really tear my eye wide opened and the friends I had then.
Funny how things can change though..... Smh

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Karleb(m): 4:56am On Nov 26, 2015
I might be the most romantic man on earth but changing a sport channel to Faith channel? mba!

20 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by mimicious(f): 5:14am On Nov 26, 2015
Op sorry to say this, ur husband married the wrong person (that is u) so many ladies will die to have such man. Tho I understand the fact that he was a virgin and u are his first love and wife. His in experience with ladies made him so. I would advice u to accept him the way he is, reason with him, don't take his attitude for granted also remove that thought of divorcing him. Like u said the marriage is just a year.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Allwility: 5:25am On Nov 26, 2015
OP in other words what you want is someone that doesn't give a damn about your feelings, shouts at you, kinda dominates and subdue due, probably beats you up etc... smh!

You know what, your hubby may be displaying puppy love but that's not enough reason to consider divorce. I bet there's one- six pac dude you consider to be an alpha male out there in your school or warreva training you've been attending and you've been eyeing him. Confess!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by dBard: 5:41am On Nov 26, 2015
I am getting to understand why peeps say Nigerian ladies, there's no pleasing them.

O.p ain't serious.
The husband is clingy and soft, but is That something to get u tired of a year old marriage I hiss in Abakiliki.

O.p had beta come correct and deal with the deeper issues she's having and leave this whitewashing.

No advice here...Am out

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by miqos02(m): 6:07am On Nov 26, 2015
all for love
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by oglalasioux(m): 6:51am On Nov 26, 2015
Tell yourself the truth. You don't love this man. You are in for it for material gain. Your husband even knows this and feels doing what he is doing will make you love him.

17 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 26, 2015
Awwwww,lucky girl..

Turn the tables around..How would you feel if he transfers this same feeling to another lady?

Just asking?

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2015
If you met a stronger man,you will give in!!
Be careful of what you wish for...
oglalasioux:
Tell yourself the truth. You don't love this man. You are in for it for material gain. Your husband even knows this and feels doing what he is doing will make you love him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by EverestdeBliu(m): 7:12am On Nov 26, 2015
shininglite:
Women are very confused set of species.. Op pls divorce him nd watch another woman catch him like a ball..in ur mind u tink he cant do without u abi?

ur deserve a man that would use you as a punching bag

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by ednut1(m): 7:17am On Nov 26, 2015
Why did i open this kind yeye thread self. All this tins were der during courtship but u overlooked. If d man was the opposite of wat u portrayed u will still complain. Abegi

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by dNoblej: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2015
Don't change that man to what he is not or you will still come back here to complain. You don't know the value of what you have until you lose it. Listen to complaints from some married women, you will understand that your husband is really an angel to you. Try as much as possible to reciprocate his love and care and happiness will never depart from your home.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by adeoladeola(f): 7:30am On Nov 26, 2015
Simple, just divorce him, he's too weak. Then go ahead and search for a wife-beater, you'll love him better than that weakling. Come back and tank me later...Mumu!!

15 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by nne4(f): 7:37am On Nov 26, 2015
Op you need urgent help dear.
Pray to your God for your husband to remain caring like this.

Hmm

But don't misuse this great opportunity God just gave you. Stop discussing your husband with your friends, because what works for them may not work for you.

For Instance, my hubby don't like me or anybody giving him food most times. He just go direct to the pot to dish out his food as he likes( for over 10 year now). While some women serves their husbands food as a god or household lol

You can't change your Hubby, just pray n ask God for wisdom to be a virtuous woman and build your home.

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 26, 2015
OP, please try to see the positive side of this behavior, with time you will appreciate the fact that you did..
I believe you feel like you need some air, some challenges and more to keep you excited, it might not be worth all the drama
I know of a guy that divorced about 6 months ago, I strongly believe that this is what his wife was going through cos he literally adores, she had the luxuries of life, he takes her word as law, all for love and a peaceful home but she went for a divorce after about 7 years of marriage.

Now he said he is happier and will give everything to avoid going back to the marriage cos she seems to be wanting to come back.

Please just try to exhaust all positive avenues before opting for divorce
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 26, 2015
OMG!!!
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by misspicy(f): 8:08am On Nov 26, 2015
optimusprime2:

I carefully read your whole writeup, hence my whole quote... Firstly (Pardon me for being Blunt) I think you are quite a Naive, selfish and shallow woman who is insensitive to a man as delicate natured as your husband- for a start, I believe you are a christian, go and read the book of Proverbs chapter 31 vs 10-31 it should give you insight of the role of a good wife.
Many women pray for the kind of man you have as a husband, and here you are complaining about what you have... A wife is a friend, a partner, a buddie et al, apparently you have'nt carved out that Niche for your husband, because you have already viewed and tagged him as a weakling.
Secondly You lack the caring instinct of a mother; if you did, you would have known how to adjust your husband to fit your specs, with Love. Cant you see he is as a child to you? I wonder how you would care for kids with special needs with an attitude of insensitivity like this...
Thirdly, you are inconsiderate; Because you know that's how he is and yet you choose to exploit his shortcomings/weaknesses, then complain in the end- You should be ashamed of yourself.
Fourthly, You are the solitary lady- basically you love doing your thingys alone. It's unfortunate you married a man who values company and companionship, now in marriage, the definition of you is "Selfish" because all you lookout for is "You" ... sorry girl thats the picture I see.
Fifth, Your perspective of marriage is so shallow... And I have a deep pity for you because you still think marriage is post courtship, an indirect reflection of your psychological immaturity (Geez I'm really sorry for the bluntness but I just cant help it)
Sixth, You are just not romantic period.... (A wife beater would have suited you just fine)
If you think people will come and sympathize with you here on Nairaland for your woes and complaints on this matter, you are wrong, very wrong .... Go and analyse your shortcomings woman and fix up your marriage.
Overall I feel bad for your husband- it's really not his fault. He married a girl not a woman. (Sorry girl just being blunt)
Best analogy so far...OP please divorce him and send him my way cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by JustOzito(f): 8:12am On Nov 26, 2015
God gave u ur husband y dnt u take ur problem to him. Telling his frnds or relatives might turn hm in2 a beast & spring up jelousy in xternal family.
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by babysophie(f): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2015
Love n care cn neva b 2 much. Those ladies at d salon r jst jealous n wish to v a man like ur husband secretly. Enjoy ur husbnd cos men r like children dt nid care n attention. Treat him jst as he is treating u n u l v a perfect family.

12 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by deekseen(m): 8:30am On Nov 26, 2015
@OP,

If you feel you are more experienced in certain areas than him, teach him. If you are more mature than him, bring him up. If stronger, be his strength.

Communication is the key here. Remember, two become one in marriage. His shame is your shame, his nakkedness is your nakkedness too.

I know it could be frustrating having your partner way behind you in certain areas, but your marriage is just a year old, give him time.

If this is the rough road you have to tread on before things get better, of many women consider yourself very fortunate. Eventually, you'll see that the best days are ahead of you guys.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by luvguy(m): 8:42am On Nov 26, 2015
enstack:
I had to create a new account just to post this as it's quite sensitive. It's quite lengthy too but I'll be brief. I need mature and friendly advice from people here.

When I first met my husband, it was in a library. We talked briefly and we became close. I have had past relationships in my life so I was careful as possible. I realised that he had no past relationship. He was a typical virgin and was new and I was his first girlfriend. So I felt comfortable with him. He was so kind and loving so I agreed to marry him.

Now it has gotten worse. Everytime he does anything I want without asking questions. At first I enjoyed it but now I'm starting to worry about him as it's getting out of hand. He does not display any act of manliness in the house. He behaves like my puppet or my foot stool. The other day he was watching the soccer game and I just jokingly mentioned how boring it was and I would prefer the faith channel. He changed the channel to the faith channel just like that. Even at work he would be calling me and texting me I am even scared he would loose his job if his employer finds out.

I have no time for myself.. he is always around. Sometimes if I say no to his advances for sex he would act like I am a wicked woman who has cheated him or rubbed him of his right. He would give me the silent treatment for weeks until I give in. On Sunday he insisted on going with me to the salon and it's now embarrassing as every Sunday my mates in the salon would gossip about how my husband is the only man amongst women making their hairs because his wife is there. I try to talk to him but he would feel so sad like I have taken smething away. I don't understand.

If I'm studying at night, he would suddenly begin to romance me and strip me of my clothing without saying anything first when he can see I'm studying. If I rebuke him, he would be very sad. Every time he must have one intimate relation with me everyday and life does not work that way. I don't know if it's immaturity or he is sick mentally. The day I returned home 11pm due to huge traffic jam, I was expecting him to be furious like any other man.. he was with all smiles even offered me water and collected my bag and books. Christ.

I need sincere help. I told his family that I'll file a divorce if this continues as I cannot live like this. It's no longer love but idolatry. I thought it's wives that are submissive.. he is the one submissive. Anything I ask... he grants even silly things. Things that a real man would query before granting.

I am sure that if I ask him to bathe in acid he would do it. I'm sick and tired of this marriage. Just a year. The last quater he gave me his ATM to spend when I went for training in Abuja. When I was spending excessively he was quiet about it until I returned and found it he was broke that i wrecked him. I was wondering what happened to him. Why didn't he talk?

Please Nairalanders what is happening? I love him still and divorce would be my last resort. I need your advice and help on how to fix this because I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you all.
de prob. Abt women is dat dey always nag...he is free wit u ur complainin...if he's strict u wil stil complain...na waooo

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by peedeeasobie(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2015
I'm seeing some very sycophantic replies here.... shame!

This OP is selfish and very wicked!

You denied him sex for weeks...
He gave you his ATM and you spent the money recklessly until he went broke!
You are saying maybe he's mentally challenged!
You come back late at nights!

Don't worry, go ahead and divorce him.
God will give you a 'mike Tyson' who will use you for his boxing lessons.

Nonsense!

23 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by peedeeasobie(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2015
I'm seeing some very sycophantic replies here.... shame!

This OP is selfish and very wicked!
You denied him sex for weeks... He gave you his ATM and you spent the money recklessly until he went broke! You are saying maybe he's mentally challenged!

Don't worry, go ahead and divorce him. God will give you a 'mike Tyson' who will use you for his boxing lessons.

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by MaziOmenuko: 9:02am On Nov 26, 2015
We guys were all born and programmed like your husband: alas when we started meeting women who burnt us out like a candle, we lost our virtues and turned to what we are now.

Every guy that had not dated a girl before will act like your husband.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by MsBliss(f): 9:05am On Nov 26, 2015
Woman be greatful.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by flokii: 9:06am On Nov 26, 2015
@OP the guy dey wash ur undies, panties etc.. you didn't complain about that

2)I feel you're older or bigger than he is
Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by enstack: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2015
optimusprime2:

I had to respond to you. Perhaps you are missing the point here. I never said he is too loving or something. If i am to write all the silly things he does in the name of love you wont even be able to read it all. I just put a few.

Even neighbors around have noticed it. They have called me to order many times! His elder sister accused me of giving him a love portion. Its that bad! You call this love? Then I'm sorry i don't want such love anymore. The other day, i asked him to purchase something for me, he had no money, instead of him to talk to me about being short on funds, he went to take a loan to get it. Something that even I dont need so urgently(He is still owing his partner for it)

So sir, read again and understand! Dont be to hasty in talking or commenting. Call me a girl, Its no big deal. After all, this same Man threatened to stand in the middle of the road if i dont accompany him on his field trip. This type of a man can commit suicide if i dont give him what he wants at a given time.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Idolised Me And Now I'm Fed Up. Need Help by enstack: 9:17am On Nov 26, 2015
flokii:

I feel you're older or bigger than he is

We are of same age

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Osun: Wife Damages Husband’s Genitals Over Infidelity / AbdulRahman Musa Impregnated Inmate’s Wife, Married Her / The Snake I Killed Tonight (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.