Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? (13786 Views)

Poll: Which is worst?

Omitting Information: 10% (8 votes)
Lying: 36% (29 votes)
Both: 53% (42 votes)
This poll has ended

Working Class Or An Undergraduate Relationship. Which Do U Prefer? / In A Relationship, Which Is More Important.. Love Or Trust?.. / Open/secret Relationship Which Do You Prefer ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by mccloud224(m): 8:49pm On May 29, 2009
The post above was directed @ nalijah07
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by biina: 7:13am On May 30, 2009
@topic
same na ni
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by lordjonie(m): 7:27am On May 30, 2009
@poster, both r d same - omission @ wil n lyin, no diffrent.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by HNIC1: 9:06am On May 30, 2009
Dats quite terrible. I don't think she's ready to marry him cos if she does, she'll know how disastrous such an action can be. She doesn't think they'l last long into the future dats why i believe she's holding back such vital information.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by oolumide: 9:46am On May 30, 2009
Your friend must be stupid and a dunce to think that it wont back fire. Hey, Hey, you dont need to be a brain surgeon to know the repercurssion of this. A woman that has been married twice is definitely a woman with poor judgement and a cheap one. But if comes out to tell the guy she bring forth genuine reasons that the guy might understand. But for him to find out by himself will only confirm that she is a slot.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Warebi: 10:48am On May 30, 2009
why dont you just ask you friend. a broken relationship and a third broken marriage,which would she prefer?she should give herself brain cos she never knows who her man might want to show her off to tomorrow
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by bsanya(f): 11:33am On May 30, 2009
Both are the same
I will tell my date everything about my past and if he still agreed to marry me fine and if otherwise life continues.
It is not good to ommit anything from the person u want to share ur life time with cos it can be distratruos if he / she find out ur past.
SHALOM!
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by netman1(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2009
Telling lies is worst than omitting information because lies can bring breakup in a relationship.It also bring lack of trust in a relationship.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Feelitx(m): 12:02pm On May 30, 2009
All the lawyers in the house, I am wondering if such a marriage can be legally binding considering the fact that the marriage has been based on outright falsehood and lies.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by mybad: 12:10pm On May 30, 2009
What if the guy is only playing the fool for her.
Probably he knows about her two ex-husbands and all the many lovers she has had in the past.
I mean which right thinking man wouldn't?
If not from info from close quaters then through sleeping with her.
Abi, even with all the proper techniques (exercise and all) in use these days how won't i detect that am probably the 99th constant visitor to her haven.
It's left to my guy to decide what he wants jare!
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by decworld1: 1:52pm On May 30, 2009
Both are outrageous in a serious relationship,they should always say the truth
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Virgo83(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2009
Taking risk is nothing but endandering ones life, I feel for the Poor Man. But one thing I would live to tell the Lady Is "What goes around comes around" so she must be prepared.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by JJYOU: 8:22pm On May 30, 2009
$osisi:

It's a small world.He'll eventually find out and dump her like a used tampon.
Go and mark that somewhere.
A twice divorced woman,what is she looking for in the institution of marriage again
hasn't she done enough "try your luck"
she now wants to ruin an innocent man's life by deceiving him into marriage.
what a shameless,heartless and coldblooded woman.
She is no marriage material and has no business being married to anyone except a 4 times divorced male.
Too highrisk even for a handshake.
you are always a GEM.
always good to know people like you are in the family.

this girl is a disgrace. how does she expect to keeep this a secret in this day and age?.
unfortunately she is not doing try your luck for Omo or elephant blue detergent.
this is another man's heart she is playing with here.
i agree with you she has no business being married again.

@op, how old is she that the man is finding it difficult to believe she has been there 2ce?
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by wanville(m): 3:02am On May 31, 2009
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Andy1985ng(m): 4:01am On Jun 01, 2009
I pity the guy, cos this lady can KILL him, This is a "for better, for worse" thing we are talking about here. I thought marriage was based on truth & trust? This guy might take all ladies as "liars" when this burst open and might never love anyone again based on this. Lies and hiding the truth are the same thing.
Enough said!
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by biina: 5:07am On Jun 01, 2009
I can't imagine how people start thinking of marriage without doing their due diligence.
I really don't blame the woman, the primary fault lies with the irresponsible fellow, who has failed to seek information on the past of his would be wife.

As for the lady, my advice for her is to look for happiness outside of the marriage institution. For her getting it wrong twice, points to an inherent lack of the mindset and/or skill set required to pursue a successful partnership. Third time ain't gonna be the charm girl, particularly with them already having hidden truths so early in the relationship.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by biola44: 8:46am On Jun 01, 2009
@poster: ur friend is only wicked! grin
she is not omitting any info, she's only being economical with d truth,
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by emiemi(f): 9:40am On Jun 01, 2009
Let's get things clear before we begin saying which is worse? If I told my husband what I had for lunch or not, will that be
considered as omitting information? I bet you'll say no. But if I decide not to tell my husband I was pregnant for our sixth
child until 5months later, will that be termed 'omission' or lying? Some issues are heavily-weighted, hence information regarding
such ought not be withheld for whatever reasons like in the case of the poster. Being married before means you've had a life with
someone else, the least you can do is tell the 'latest' guy about it but not necessarily going into details. Moreso, the woman ought
to give sufficient details of the divorce proceedings (when it will be/or was concluded). This is a pure case ofwithholding vital information
necessary for the man to take a 'wise' decision for his life. The end of this kind of behaviour/act can only lead to disaster.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by jchick(f): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2009
The best person to tell whether this is lying or pure ommission is the man involved since he is the one recieving the blow.

I believe the lady is just trying to eat her cake and have it, why will she get herself involved with another man while she hasn't divorced her last husband.

Is she aware at all that people kill themselves for love, the guy might be so angry that he's been decieved and can hurt her for life.

Better she retraces her step, let the guy go or if he wants to stay while she files her divorce papers, it has to be the guy's decision, not hers.

Thanks
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by oludashmi(f): 3:55pm On Jun 01, 2009
In this case, she neither lieing nor omitting any information, she is playing with her life and by the time she will know it, it may have being too late for her.

You said she loves this man and will want to marry him. That was the same way she felt when she met her first and second husband until she left them after achieving her targets. She will definitely leave this guy too the same way she left others because she is an adult public dog.

Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by biola44: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2009
oludashmi:

In this case, she neither lieing nor omitting any information, she is playing with her life and by the time she will know it, it may have being too late for her.

You said she loves this man and will want to marry him. That was the same way she felt when she met her first and second husband until she left them after achieving her targets. She will definitely leave this guy too the same way she left others because she is an adult public dog.

adult public dog, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by trimandtrendy(f): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2009
Both are the same. omitting information is lying jare. same thing
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Sheking: 9:09pm On Jun 01, 2009
you can't be smarter than truth and truth is the only thing that is going to be telling what you should be telling when it comes to Love.
Omitting information is often times the same as lying but it would depend on the intention and don't tell me you are scared and you did not mean any harm, cos fear is the black and white demon that easily ruins relationship, cos its kinds innocent. No! I don't want kinda, innocent I ant a relationship that is true and one that is realistic. If you think you cant tell me something, cos you are scared, then it is either, our Love is not real enough, or you are a big Liar. so both are not good.
I think the only reason that you could hold back the truth (now I am not even considering a lie) is if, it is the wisest possible thing and that should have an expiry date, surely not (the relationship) lol And the expiry date itself should be reasonable. For xample if you have to hold back that you are fired, till you get another Job. it is risky, so you should know when the good intention is becoming foolish is come out with he truth. Or you got duped and lost so much money, but you are handling it. or there are things like that.
As for lie, I don think it is advisable to be sued at any time. You can use tact and the stronger the love the easier it is to tell the person anything and of course the truer your person
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by C2H5OH(f): 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2009
preach on
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Sheking: 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2009
where is the story. I am lost!
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Sheking: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
I don't think the woman should be judged by the fact that she was married twice. I think what matters is the circumstances she was under.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Sheking: 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2009
Although these days women are bringing shame to the women folk. I don't think it is a thing to be proud about either that she could not make it two other marriages
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by C2H5OH(f): 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2009
But she didn't give the guy a chance to decide where he wants to be with HER and HER BAGGAGE.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by Nezan(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2009
It is always safer to start any relationship with the whole truth, as a lie told in the begining becomes dangerous once exposed later ina relationship.
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2009
tell me which is better.
1: Lying about your HIV status
2: Not telling your intended partner you have HIV

Go figure
Re: Omitting Information Vs Lying In A Relationship - Which Is Worse? by fahteemah(f): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2009
I believe omission and lying are different but in her case, what she is omitting is far too important. She should tell him as soon as possible because it would hurt cry him if he finds out from someone else and he would not be able to trust her anymore even if they remain together

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discussing Your Relationship With Third Parties / Photos A Bare-breasted Girl Caught Having Sex In A Taxi On The Street In Russia / How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.