Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? (13714 Views)

The Dilemma Of Growth: Love Relationships (the How's Of It) / Help!!! How Do I Save My FiancΓ©e From The Trauma Of Sexual Abuse By Her Uncle? / 7 Types Of Persons You Should avoid in Love Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Dimaya: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2023
Dear Fellow Nairalanders,

How has your childhood affected you growing up?
Recent psychological evidence points to the fact that past trauma particularly in childhood strongly affects how we form relationship bonds in adulthood.

In a recent conversation with young people across Africa, they revealed that daddy issues, childhood rape, childhood sodomy, absence of their fathers and abandonment by parents shaped their views of love, romance and family.

If you're struggling with such trauma, this conversation: How trauma can shape you is worth listening to.

Pay particular attention to the stories told by the young women, and hopefully you will find strength to heal.

It gets better. Don't give up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifSuF7gL5ik

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Anuoluwapo296(m): 9:27am On Jul 28, 2023
wink
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Dimaya: 10:59am On Jul 28, 2023
Hope this also helps someone with daddy issues, and parental abandonment.

You are not alone. There are people just like you all across the world and we care about you so much.

Here's the full video if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjG7yR_k3wQ

3 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by ideamonster: 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
thanks OP. everybody in Nigeria is having trauma issues

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Dimaya: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3MCsqxBvA
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by ItisWell22(f): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
πŸ˜’
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
lipsrsealed
I was born and raised on the streets...When j say street,I mean a real ghetto street...But thanks to my mom of blessed memory who made sure we were never influenced by the negative vibes that comes forth with street credibility....Only my immediate elder bro couldn't escape it cuz that nigha is as rugged as shiit cheesy. But the few street credibility I learned after my mom's demise has really helped in shaping my life up....... Nothing dey as sweet as being street-wise..............The advantages are just too numerous when compared to a kid that was born and raised in house made of glass.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Mindlog: 1:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
Dimaya:
Hope this helps someone with daddy issues, and parental abandonment

Why did the host not get a psychologist who has a specialty in trauma, to be there? Discussing ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) triggers and it tends to re-traumatize thus the reason, mental health professionals get involved. I watched and didn't get to see the trauma debrief process that should have come up.

In as much as it is a talk show, do research!

17 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
I dont have trauma ,but because my mum and dad did not allow us go out and make friends when we were little.i turned to a confam introvert,who can stay for 1 year without missing anyone or talking to anyone and I wont bother. grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Zigzagman: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:
I dont have trauma ,but because my mum and dad did not allow us go out and make friends when we were little.i turned to a confam introvert,who can stay for 1 year without missing anyone or talking to anyone and I wont bother. grin

you were a "get inside babe".

all those girls that their mommy will come out and say, " get inside!"

9 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Zigzagman: 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Mindlog:

Why did the host not get a psychologist who has a specialty in trauma, to be there? Discussing ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) triggers and it tends to re-traumatize thus the reason, mental health professionals get involved. I watched and didn't get to see the trauma debrief process that should have come up.

In as much as it is a talk show, do research!

are you a psychologist?
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Mindlog: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
Zigzagman:

are you a psychologist?

Yes.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Boc007(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
It was hard at first. I was timid while growing up, I had to read books that brought me out of that mental slavery.

I have a fully fenced 1 plot of land for sale at Awoyaya, Lekki-Epe Expressway, back of UBA pharmacy, Lagos state.
It’s 3 minutes walking distance. And this area is covered with houses almost everywhere.

Title: Deed of Assignment, Survey plan, family consent. Land is free of acquisition. Contact me to get full details.

The owner is a very close person.

N14m (negotiable)

3 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Offpoint1: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
I'm in charge of my life, no trauma or experience have the power to change me... That's why I have the feelings that I'm most dangerous creature on earth.

5 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by bluefilm: 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
I'm commitment phobic.

I don't know any personal childhood trauma whatsoever I could say caused it.

4 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Houseofglam7(f): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―πŸ‘©πŸ½β€πŸ¦―

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by FalseProphet1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
As a prophet, I foresaw my birth before I was born, so I have no trauma. I knew everything that was going to happen, just like I know that one day one day, I'll overtake Elon musk and become the world richest man.

This I have seen.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by superCleanworks(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
Seems you are just looking for an excuse to all the rubbish behaviours portrayed in modern Nigerian relationships? Orishi-rishi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by LongwayGone2021: 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
I will wait
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Emmaomotob(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Life itself is trauma. I have learned to avoid women, even if it kills me. Life is much smoother and richer without them. I have chosen not to marry except there is something tangible I stand to gain from it. Love does not matter to me, as long as I find the person attractive. In the end loyalty and mutual interest keep a relationship longer than love (which should be appropriately referred to as 'bondage'). I have seen the damage marriage does to 'happily married men' and have learned to avoid it like an evil spirit, except I can profit from it. As Sean Stephenson noted, nations that trade with one another rarely go to war.

20 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by BigDawsNet: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
No trauma of any sort.. while I was young I choose to delete that "Chop and clean mouth" mentality... right now... if I met a lady... if we don't have relationship.. I can't think of asking her or seducing her for sex... have met many ladies in the journey of my life... some want sex benefits only, but I had to discharge dem because we ain't on same page... that made me lost couple of girls....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Curse777: 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
Aaaaarghmed:

Na me be this,

4 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by talented321: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
My childhood was challenging with different experiences'' but i have to overcome any trauma.
Though i sometimes become emotional especially when i dey bla.

4 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Puss360(f): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
Was raised to believe that life is what you make of it....
Do all u can you make yourself happy...
For every second that ticks by, one person leaves this world... We don't know when it'll get to us...
Be good to the closest person nearby..
This mindset has gotten me into few problems from dubious people, but also has opened doors for me....
I'm grateful for my kind of upbringing... grin grin

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by superCleanworks(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
Curse777:

Na me be this

Yes na you be this. The boy with AUTHORITY.
what a funny boy.
Hahahahahahaha πŸ˜‚.

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by specialmati(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Sirchiboy: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
Still there.
The trauma and bullying back then In school have refused to go.
Still living in the past.

2 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by Curse777: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
cool

Trauma is a serious word

Make I read comment

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
I used to have "DADDY ISSUES and ABANDONMENT TRAUMA", but it's no problem at all, and I am past it too.

6 Likes

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by inoki247: 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
Lol in a everything u sha du Sha try av some street OT cos people out dere are ready to run anybody wey loose guard street....

1 Like

Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by whippersnapper(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
PTSD got me feeling like curt cobain embarassed
Re: How Has Your Childhood Trauma Shaped Your Adult Love Relationships? by superCleanworks(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
Curse777:
Trauma is a serious word

Are you traumatized? Are you?

I hope your AUTHORITY works on your bank accounts because it will be too bad that you have all that super powers and end this year like this.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things Men Find Romantic / A Funny Conversation Between Two Lovers About Valentines Day / Oba Of Lagos Staff Of Office Retrieved By Ogboni Cult.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.