Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,613 members, 7,851,086 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (70594 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Borat1: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2009
Wigan have played manscum and the gunners with disastrous results. I dont expect any different against chelsea. It looks like a 3 to 4 goals thrashing to me even though its away.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 9:18am On Sep 23, 2009
Its Chelsea vs QPR.

Your predo guys.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2009
its 4 goals to nuffin , sturridge first goal and joey , borini and lampard
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2009
Chelsea 3-0 Qpr
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
Youth football.

I am really pissed off at the fact that Di-Santo and Sinclair hardly get decent minutes at the clubs they have been loaned to. I don't see what better players Blackburn and Wigan have.

DiSanto has started only one game and appeared only once as a sub in 6 games while Sinclair has had 1 start and 6 sub appearances in the same number of games. Michael Mancienne on the other hand seemed to walk straight into the Wolves team starting all 6 games this season for the side.

One player I have been keeping an eye on week in week out though is pacy winger Miroslav Stoch. I didn't know how well he'll have done when it was announced he will be joining Mclaren's FC Twente. Since joining them he's started 6 games. He's been a very important of Twente this season who are joint leaders of the Dutch league with 17pts. He's had very impressive displays and he's using his pace very well. Last weekend he scored two goals in Twente's 2-0 away win over Heerenveen.

Well, it's the Dutch league some of us might say but what is important is that his confidence has greatly improved. This is the highlight of his goals at the weekend.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLXVoKIWKM4&hl=en&fs=1&"[/flash]

His impressive displays have not escaped the awareness of McLaren and he's been rewarded with game-starts. He in turn has helped himself by getting goals. He literally walked into the side and he so far has established himself. I hope he continues in this form.

I will be keeping an eye on Nemanja Matic and Marko Mitrovic. We may have the opportunity to see Borini, Bruma and Hutchinson tonight. . . In Carllotti's words,

"Some players will be used in Carling Cup," said Ancelotti. "We maintain a control about the academy. We have very good young players and if possible I want to use them, as they represent the future of this club.

"The players on the bench last Tuesday are very good players - they are ready to play"

Not for the Chelsea - FIFA saga, it would have been a lovely opportunity for Gael Kakuta to inch closer to the first team . . but with the embrace that Carllotti seems to have given the youth sides, it's only a matter of time before he (Kakuta) gets his own opportunity.

Good times for youth football I hear you say.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2009
MatchDay live

40 Hilario
19 Paulo Ferreira
2 Branislav Ivanovic
41 Sam Hutchinson
18 Yury Zhirkov
12 John Mikel Obi
35 Juliano Belletti
15 Florent Malouda
10 Joe Cole ©
45 Fabio Borini
21 Salomon Kalou

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 41 Jeffrey Bruma, 26 John Terry, 3 Ashley Cole, 24 Nemanja Matic, 5 Michael Essien, 8 Frank Lampard.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:30am On Sep 24, 2009
Glad we won and its Wigan next.

Your predo guys.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by chrisical(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2009
Wigan havent got the poise to stop Chelsea's fire-power which we have used to devastating effect this season.With Joe Cole looking sharp and impressive against QPR,wigan are in for a big task.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2009
nateevs:

Youth football.

I am really pissed off at the fact that Di-Santo and Sinclair hardly get decent minutes at the clubs they have been loaned to. I don't see what better players Blackburn and Wigan have.

DiSanto has started only one game and appeared only once as a sub in 6 games while Sinclair has had 1 start and 6 sub appearances in the same number of games. Michael Mancienne on the other hand seemed to walk straight into the Wolves team starting all 6 games this season for the side.

One player I have been keeping an eye on week in week out though is pacy winger Miroslav Stoch. I didn't know how well he'll have done when it was announced he will be joining Mclaren's FC Twente. Since joining them he's started 6 games. He's been a very important of Twente this season who are joint leaders of the Dutch league with 17pts. He's had very impressive displays and he's using his pace very well. Last weekend he scored two goals in Twente's 2-0 away win over Heerenveen.

Well, it's the Dutch league some of us might say but what is important is that his confidence has greatly improved. This is the highlight of his goals at the weekend.

His impressive displays have not escaped the awareness of McLaren and he's been rewarded with game-starts. He in turn has helped himself by getting goals. He literally walked into the side and he so far has established himself. I hope he continues in this form.

I will be keeping an eye on Nemanja Matic and Marko Mitrovic. We may have the opportunity to see Borini, Bruma and Hutchinson tonight. . . In Carllotti's words,

"Some players will be used in Carling Cup," said Ancelotti. "We maintain a control about the academy. We have very good young players and if possible I want to use them, as they represent the future of this club.

"The players on the bench last Tuesday are very good players - they are ready to play"

Not for the Chelsea - FIFA saga, it would have been a lovely opportunity for Gael Kakuta to inch closer to the first team . . but with the embrace that Carllotti seems to have given the youth sides, it's only a matter of time before he (Kakuta) gets his own opportunity.

Good times for youth football I hear you say.

Nice round up. . . . I've been watching the dutch league round-up on ESPN and Stoch is doing very well. . . . I havent seen Rajkovic though. . . perhaps thats cos round-ups dont focus on defenders. . . is he getting games?

If I remember correctly, Di Santo pulled up with a muscle strain in his first game for Blackburn. His lack of action since then can be attributed to that.

Sinclair has been given ample opportunity to stake a claim at Wigan. He committed a cardinal sin in one of his games where he was on a 3 vs 1 counterattack and instead of squaring the ball to N'Zogbia for an easy goal, he decided to go alone, squandering the opportunity. He only has himself to blame. His teamwork is lagging behind seriously. However, I must say that I never realised he has so much pace till I saw him at Wigan.

BTW, is Daniel Sturridge injured or something?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2009
Ibime:

Nice round up. . . . I've been watching the dutch league round-up on ESPN and Stoch is doing very well. . . . I havent seen Rajkovic though. . . perhaps thats cos round-ups dont focus on defenders. . . is he getting games?

If I remember correctly, Di Santo pulled up with a muscle strain in his first game for Blackburn. His lack of action since then can be attributed to that.

Sinclair has been given ample opportunity to stake a claim at Wigan. He committed a cardinal sin in one of his games where he was on a 3 vs 1 counterattack and instead of squaring the ball to N'Zogbia for an easy goal, he decided to go alone, squandering the opportunity. He only has himself to blame. His teamwork is lagging behind seriously. However, I must say that I never realised he has so much pace till I saw him at Wigan.

BTW, is Daniel Sturridge injured or something?

Thanks for the info Ibime.
I didn't know DiSanto had an injury. Sinclair has had many opportunities to define himself as either a winger with many assists or a quick support striker. While I don't think we should give up on him yet, he sure has had his own fair chances and hasn't seized.
He should be close to the best player at Wigan if he is ever to get a chance at Chelsea.

I have not followed Rajkovic for a while now. IMHO, I don't he will ever come back with the flurry of defenders at our disposal.

Yes Daniel Sturridge is injured. He would have played yesterday if he wasn't. I will be watching yesterday's match on CTV today and I will see the performances put in by Hutchinson and Borini.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by AndreUweh(m): 11:39am On Sep 24, 2009
I watched the match last night via Chelsea TV, that was about 10:18pm. Our best performers last night were not the academy boys. I hope we don't get a tough draw in the next round so that we can try the boys again.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2009
This thread was about going to the second page.
Traffic is so light on our thread.
Why now?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by ritchboy(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2009
isnt it obvious grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Scofield007(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2009
Wait till after the wigan match and see how it grows.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by chrisical(m): 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2009
As long as the thread remains relevant,i dont care how many pages are shifted.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
math time y'all
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
What can I say? . . .I think something is wrong. Did CA hurt some of the players or was there a party last night?

This is not a case of formation at all, but the guys simply did not show up. I've never seen Chelsea play like this.

Besides, wherever the ref got that red card from?

But anyways, this is football. You win some, you lose some.

Liverpool is next!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 5:21pm On Sep 26, 2009
FBS:

What can I say? . . .I think something is wrong. Did CA hurt some of the players or was there a party last night?

This is not a case of formation at all, but the guys simply did not show up. I've never seen Chelsea play like this.

Besides, wherever the ref got that red card from?

But anyways, this is football. You win some, you lose some.

Liverpool is next!

lets face it Cech's leg caught the wigan player hence denying a goal scoring opportunity and according to the law (a straight red card)

however I dont know if it was an intentional foul, I ll give Cech benefit of a doubt, this defeat will test our ability to bounce bk from defeat against

Apoel and liverpool
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2009
Well, I'm only happy that DD scored. We need him to always score. wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2009
FBS:

Well, I'm only happy that DD scored. We need him to always score. wink

wt happens when the nations cup starts in jan undecided, thats why we need anelka n others to step up
btw wts up wit sturridge, is he injured
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 26, 2009
Wigan also thwarted our title challenge last two season.
I know we'l; bounce back against Pool.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2009
jalether:

wt happens when the nations cup starts in jan undecided, thats why we need anelka n others to step up
btw wts up wit sturridge, is he injured
The fixtures during NC ain't that difficult and the key will be to keep winning till then. Nic and the rest of the crew will step up their game once they know that DD is away. It comes naturally. We played without in the CL and guess who scored- yep its Anelka.

Sturridge as I understand is injured.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by khanye(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2009
sorry guyz
ur rubgy team is shit grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2009
khanye:

sorry guyz
your rubgy team is shit grin

f u c k off mate  angry cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
~Borat~:

Wigan have played manscum and the gunners with disastrous results. I dont expect any different against chelsea. It looks like a 3 to 4 goals thrashing to me even though its away.
You were right - a 3 goal thrashing for Chelski. grin grin grin grin

Unbeaten run craaaashinggg to a halt. cheesy

Told y'all Scolari started arguably better than this, but the consecutive wins made y'all think some miracle was afoot. All of a sudden the loss brings you back down to earth. cheesy

FBS:

The fixtures during NC ain't that difficult and the key will be to keep winning till then. Nic and the rest of the crew will step up their game once they know that DD is away. It comes naturally. We played without in the CL and guess who scored- yep its Anelka.

Sturridge as I understand is injured.
The fixture against Wigan wasn't difficult either was it? Utd beat then 5-0 at home, we beat them 4-0 yet you CRASHED 3-1 to them. It should be obvious to you now that underrating an opponent will lead to your downfall. I will laugh harder if this dismissive thinking gets you punished yet again. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2009
Whats happening guys.

I just got home after a long day to find that we lost 3-1.

About to watch it on MOTD.

Whatd'ya guys think went wrong.

The players had targeted 7 straight victories to start the season but came-a-cropper at 6.

Lets hope this will not dampen their morale.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
Just saw the highlights.

We missed Ballack.

Players too lackadaisical thinking it was an easy win.

Fingers crossed for Liverpool game.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tkb417(m): 11:55pm On Sep 26, 2009
tot some guys here were wondering when they were gonna drop points

its just a week after the nonsense mouthmaking

its not even January yet and ure already losing shamefully to Wigan

lets see how Torres will deal with Hilarious or fckever

so are u still on a roll or hw do u expplain that whitewash?
u dunderheads made me lose money
twats!! grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 12:05am On Sep 27, 2009
Cashley hehehehehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2009
Liverpool is next and no Cech? Hilario better start saying his prayers. grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2009
Just saw the highlights.

We missed Ballack.

Players too lackadaisical thinking it was an easy win.

Fingers crossed for Liverpool game

Ask Nateevs who thinks Ballack doesnt matter in the Chelsea set up.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Scofield007(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2009
guys so we dropped points but its not the end of the season. thats football, just like life, we win some and lose some. we should just look forward to learning from it, hopefully against liverpool

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.