Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around (7777 Views)

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? / I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2006
lol that will be a hard one grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by goodguy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2006
2old4that:

Seriously i would like to know the portion in the Bible with reference to this.
Na wa for una o.  I don't think the guy made reference to the Bible when he made that statement.  But since you're asking for a reference, and not a verse that has the exact words, that wouldn't be difficult.  Just check out 2 Tim 2:22, Rom 13:14 and 1 Cor 6:18.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by smartsoft(m): 7:12am On Oct 21, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 21, 2006
Flirting is an habit,just like smoking,back biting,klepto,talkative,keeping malice,jeolousy,
These set of pple can be found in the church,mosque and the outside world.
We all pray for God sufficient grace to scale thru and overcome these habits.
The mystries of making heaven lies on Gods hand,if a thief on the cross beside Jesus could make heaven becos of his believe in Christ.Who knows?
@ slashcuff,
As a christian pray for ur friend and dont discuss him in public.
Remain Blessed.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by marlet01(m): 11:35am On Oct 21, 2006
If your friend claims to be a born again christian and he still flirts den he should open hsi bible and check the meaning of a born again christina so that he would stop deceiving himself cos he is not lying to us but he is lying to himself.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Kajiang02(m): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2006
Send ur friend 2 go live in d north precisely Zamfara state n if he comes back without getn a shortsleeve hand or being legdicapp, den he's gonna stop doin sh!t.
Datz ma advice oh, ''''''
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by marlet01(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2006
Kajiang02:

Send your friend 2 go live in d north precisely Zamfara state n if he comes back without getn a shortsleeve hand or being legdicapp, den he's going to stop doin rubbish.
Datz ma advice oh, ''''''

abeg make you tell am the koko if im friend think say he holy make he go live there for 2weeks if he come back alive then na God save am.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by stevolala(m): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2006
Men you guys in this section are just too funny, I've been here since morning and just reading everybody's comment, one said even if they hang the skirt on a pole the guy would still flirt, o boy, if na so ehn, that your friend has got to work on his mind.

Now on a more serious note,

That he flirts doesn't mean he doesn't love God,

one thing is sure, since he's born again, God would help him, God know best how to get his own.

Being born again is just the starting point on the path way to heaven, there is so much work left to be done see Rom. 12 vrs 1-3. When your friend got born again, His spirit got born again but his soul (Mind) and body were not salvaged, to salvage your soul, you have to do it with fear and trembling, constantly renewing your mind, I assure you, let him not look for a christian novel as many suggested, no pastor has the key, the key a pastor uses to over come his own lust maybe different from that of your friend, so let him spend time in the ultimate book, The holy bible, see, there is an anointing and a washing when you spend time on God's word and I assure you, he'd be victorious.

One final advice, pray for your friend instead of exposing him and like bible declares in Hebrews, the Lord Jesus is able to save him to the uttermost, that is why HE is JESUS the LORD and uttermost means even where your friend can no longer help himself, GOD can. If your friend was able to help himself, there would not have been need for the LORD to come.

And finally the guy who posted a note that maybe you're angry because you and your friend are playing the gay thing, well, gaysm is beyond the english definition for it, its about a spirit dominating the individuals, but I bet you guys Nigerians are cleaner and better off the whites who already practice it and guess what, that is why God is interested in Nigeria, because we are still very far to be compared to sodom and gomorha, but other countries are already.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by marlet01(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2006
men stevolala your newspaper was really touching it means alot but i want you to know that if he calls himself a born again christian he cannot be flirting for anything under skirt, he is just a born again in word not in action.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by 2old4that(m): 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2006
Most christians just meddle into bad things with a mindset that God will always forgive them whenever they pray for forgiveness. And i sorta wonder; does God really forgive such sins everytime?
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by ladykool(f): 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2006
My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around: tongue tongue tongue

IS FLIRT A BAD THING? NO IT IS NOT! SO LEAVE THE GUY TO ENJOY HIM SELF MAN!
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by kheme(m): 12:54am On Oct 22, 2006
i only HOPE you know the MEANING of the word "FLIRT" cos if you did, you'd know that there's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with flirting! unless he's doing something else, which you wrongly termed as "flirting".
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by choco4life(m): 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2006
simple
a fake christain.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Saddam: 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2006
@ Everyone

Make una free that Guy,

Abie una no want make him use wetin God give am Do small magic?

Congy fit scatter Him waist.

So let him release his full tank with just a little spending than go to hospital for waist pain treatment
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by goodguy(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2006
lady kool:

IS FLIRT A BAD THING? NO IT IS NOT!
As you can see, this topic is under religion. So, looking at it from a religious perspective, it is a bad thing.

lady kool:

SO LEAVE THE GUY TO ENJOY HIM SELF MAN!
You see, it is that enjoyment the Bible warned against. That is why his friend (who started this topic) is so concerned.

kheme:

i only HOPE you know the MEANING of the word "FLIRT"
I as well HOPE you know the word "FLIRT" has several MEANINGS

kheme:

because if you did, you'd know that there's ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with flirting!
. . . because if you did, you'd know there's ABSOLUTELY something wrong with flirting (the type he's talking about).

kheme:

unless he's doing something else, which you wrongly termed as "flirting".
He already mentioned that he flirts with anything on skirt. One needs no lexicographer to explain what he meant by that.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by rudeboy(m): 1:13am On Oct 24, 2006
na ASHEWO he be, shocked :owomanise is the second name. grin grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by rudeboy(m): 1:15am On Oct 24, 2006
let him enjoy his life booooooooooo grin grin grin because LIFE IS TOO SHORT cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by kimba(m): 2:50am On Oct 24, 2006
If i have read all the posts right, I do not think ive seen a solid definition of "flirt".

If i were to define it, maybe flirting would be like a mosquito making noise around my ear and trying to find "somewhere to land",

Its one thing for someone to flirt, as in F+L+I+R+T.

Its another thing for innocent actions of appreciation, love and care to be misunderstood as F+L+I+R+T.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by deathadder(m): 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2006
I think you would like your friend to flirt with you and are jealous.

Friends like you are destructive. Worry about your own problems not his.

I bet you love to see him castrated you freak!
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by slashcuff(m): 11:39am On Oct 25, 2006
Are You a Gay?
Sorry baby Girl i'm not a gay, and I not that bad looking for me to be jealous. What i'm interested in, is solutions to help my friend from taking the wrong path, also if i'm a gay i ought not to have mention this in this forum rather tell the girl(s) straight up that his mine but this part of the world i can't stoop so low to do that with a guy, Please checked out my pics, then you'll know this slshcuff of a guy isn't bad looking, and even that's not my recent pics, that was 03 pics,  common "Radiant".
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by slashcuff(m): 11:43am On Oct 25, 2006
deathadder Boy i think you ashould watch ur tongue if you don't have anthing better to say get ur nicompoop head off this place, Who's a freak, I guess you most have referred that you urself or probably ur *** u know Household.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by deathadder(m): 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2006
If you don't want honest opinions and get angry when you receive one you shouldn't ask the question!

The more angry you get proves to me you are both jealous and attracted to your friend! grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 5:38pm On Oct 25, 2006
Slashcuff, why u calling my name now?

You want me? grin grin grin

lmao@deathadder
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by marlet01(m): 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2006
Radiant:

Slashcuff, why u calling my name now?

You want me? grin grin grin

lmao@deathadder

hhhhmmmmmm pls try take am easy grin grin grin

roar
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by marlet01(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2006
but why would your friend (radiant) be flirting when he calls himself a born again christian.!!!!!! :lol grin grin grin
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2006
marlet01:

but why would your friend (radiant) be flirting when he calls himself a born again christian.!!!!!! :lol grin grin grin

Marlet, you sure you took your dose before typing that? grin grin grin

My name too sweet eh? tongue
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by deathadder(m): 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2006
you funny radiant.

I mean why does this fool care about his friend flirting? I bet the fool dresses up like a woman in his spare time too!
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by bigbumper(f): 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2006
EVEN NON-RELIGIOUS PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DABBLE IN IT.

IT IS NOT HARMLESS FUN LIKE SOME PEOPLE SAY.

IT'S NOT WHEN YOU BAT YOUR EYELIDS SUGGESTIVELY AT SOMEONE, SMILE, OR ACT COYLY AROUND A PERSON LIKE NAIJA DEFINITION[/i] WOULD HAVE US THINK. IT GOES DEEPER THAN THAT.

IT IS SIMPLY DECEIVING PEOPLE THAT YOU LOVE THEM,  AND THAT IS PLAINLY WRONG. (DICTIONARY.COM)

[i]All y'all out there who's had their heart broken at some point in time, without the guilty party giving you a logical reason for messing up your heart, haVE been FLIRTED with.

FLIRTING IS WRONG AND CRUEL.

IT HURTS
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2006
Big Bumper where you from carry ur own come? shocked shocked shocked Chinese definition nko?

Over sabi go kill una one day lol
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2006
salvation is personal undecided
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by cassia(f): 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2006
grin hmmn trick question 4 me but i like it.
first, u must really appreciate ds friend of yours to b so concerned about his issues, hope my friends would b so supportive shld d need arise, i can't help wondering tho, r u d friend in question?

nway dts bside d point. i was a "devoted" christian as u put it and still i was lying. i tell lies to get myself out of hotspots or just plain uncomfortable situations. i didn't like it and often i'd regret it, but when a matter presented itself i'd lie without batting an eye lash. i always wondered y people say "look me in the eye and tell me so so and so" i could look any one in d eye while lying to them. mayb if i had to lie to a man of God, it would b different i don't know but at the time any one was ok. i don't think l'd lie about things that would have dire consequences 4 other people, i'm not a mean or unkind person and thak God such situations never came up, but still i got worried cos i blieve we operate thru principles and values and not merely circumstances. he who is faithfull in little would b faithfull in much. in principle whether i liked it or not i was a liar. it was foolish to qualify it by sayin i only tell harmless lies that hurt no one and absolve me, because i knew dt if push came to shove one day when an issue involving some other 3rd party came up and could prove seriously detrimental to me, i would easily operate d same principle i had operated over d years - which was lying. i realised i had to stop this destructive habit. i must remind you at this point that i was a "devoted christian" as u put it. which brings me to d question "who is a devoted christian? secondly is being a devoted christian enough to renew your mind and chande your lifestlye positively?"

all my life it seems i've been a christian. i was born a christian and i was trained a christian. as an anglican i don't even know when i gave my life to christ. as a pentecostal however i remember doing so in my final year at secondary school. thru all this i assure you i fullfilled any human conditions of being a "DEVOTED CHRISTIAN" was punctual in church, very involved in church activities etc. i received the gift of the holy spirit in my second year at the university however. but it wasn't untill about a year later that the Lord finally reached me. as Christians we need to learn to separate and properly understand issues. d only way ur friend will stop flirting, is he married by the way, and conduct himself circumspectly not leading people on or offering false promises and commitments is if he is led and i mean controlled, by the Holy spirit. see it may sound like a cliche cut i have come to understand the veracity of this statement. at the initial stage when he is just starting to fight this habit, he will probably hear that ministering voice remonstrating him only after he's already indulged in the vice. sooner than later, he'll grow more sensitive and you'll find to ur immense pleasure that just as he is about to characteristically work up to and start chatting up yet another lady, he'll stop short i n his tracks call himself to order and turn to a more positive venture like talking with his harmless friends or spending precious time with his family. do u know y he'll do this becos he heard the holy spirit saying to him "beloved don't do it, it'll hurt you, destroy you and hurt those who love u and who u trully care about."

but having said this it'll only happen if and when he wants it to. he has to see that his actions are negative and displeasing to God, family and friends, and he's got to want to change. try talking to him and i hope u're a christian who loves God, cos then u'll pray 4 him too. understand dt being a "devoted christian is never enough"
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by jaybaby(f): 10:29pm On Oct 31, 2006
sOME1 ASKES 4 ADVICE 'EM CARRY Q WAN KILL AM-----

NA WA OOO ' REFERENCE IN D BIBLE THAT SAYS IT'S A SIN '' WHAT A DUMB Q----I BOW 4 UNA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. / Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion / The Consequences Of Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.