Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around (7778 Views)

As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / If You Are A Christian, But You Don't Tithe, Do You Go To Hell? / I'm a Christian But I Don't Need Church! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by diyobdw(f): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2006
would such pray be answer'd ? esp'y if he like its like that
more so only God can choose who is a saint and who should be a sinner undecided
(just an opinion no cast me smiley )
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Radiant(f): 12:24pm On Nov 03, 2006
jaybaby:

sOME1 ASKES 4 ADVICE 'EM CARRY Q WAN KILL AM-----

NA WA OOO ' REFERENCE IN D BIBLE THAT SAYS IT'S A SIN '' WHAT A DUMB Q----I BOW 4 UNA

lmao
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Xencee(f): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2006
shocked If u ask me, i'll say ur friend has got something wrong somewhere. Let him decide wat he wants, go back n do it right! wink
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by slashcuff(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2006
Lets Us Pray For each other so as not to fall into the devil's hand, remember ; God's thought towards us are the thoughts of good and not of evil to give us expected end.

Thanks all.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by feelgood(m): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2006
Your friend a 'devoted christian' but flirts around. Really? Please read Matt 5:27,28.
Gal 5:19 - 21; 1John 1:18; If we must believe the scriptures, your friend is NOT a christian.
Going to church or fully partaking of church activities doesn't make one a christian - John 3:3; 14:15; 15:14
But then, we have a God of mercy. Your friend only needs to repent of the flirting and turn to God
for forgiveness. Thereafter, he should remain devoted to the work of God in and outside the church.

But what should you do? Since he is your friend, talk to him and show him the error of his ways in love;
and secretly ALWAYS pray for the grace of God to keep him from falling - James 5:19,20.
God bless you.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by fidelia57(f): 6:42pm On Nov 06, 2006
hello i guess wat he needs is prayer that all, wat will and can only do to help him is to put him in prayer and if posible u fast on his behalf and tell God to take control that's all.

thanks
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Jokotola: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2006
Just talk to him on this issue continously & pray for him always. I believe God will deliver him someday. smiley
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Reverend(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2006
Nothing wrong with flirting. It is a totally natural activity for a healthy heterosexual men.

I would be more worried if he did not flirt!

Thou Shalt Not Flirt does not exist in the fairy story book Bible,

Flirting is a great passtime :-)
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by lioness(f): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2006
ur just an *** tongue
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by obinna5000(m): 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2008
That is kind of devoted Christian I do not want to have for a friend.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by dudubobo1: 1:15pm On Sep 12, 2008
obinna5000:

That is kind of devoted Christian I do not want to have for a friend.

You dont think his mind might be renewed eventually?
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by dudubobo1: 1:16pm On Sep 12, 2008
No one has attained perfection yet on earth. We are all constantly reneweing our minds (or we should be) so encourage the guy to keep his focus of Christ and eventually, he'll drop the habit.
It's a different case if he doesn't believe he's doing something wrong
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by MrCrackles(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
virtually everyone flirts directly or indirectly so no biggies!
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by femrose: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2008
[color=#006600][/color] undecidedLet me 1st clear something,there is difference btw been devoted and born again. u can be devoted but not born again. and the bible say he would those not sick need no physician is d one that sick that needs a pyhsician. if u know is ur friend and u love him u need not run away from him u need to councell him and let him know the implications of what is doing not only religion wise but for his own health too.and whenever u are discussing with him let the word of God be the basis of your discussion and remember u have to be wise, devil knows bible more than christians.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ poster,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he is not a devout Christian. If he was, he won't be a flirt. Tell him to fully and genuinely accept Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, because he is deceiving himself if he thinks he is going to heaven. God said that anyone who is lukewarm he will spit out of his mouth. I want to believe that your friend does not want that.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by bee444: 2:36am On Feb 10, 2010
How many of you devoted Christains out there that hasn't got a besetting sin? The guy might be good in all areea but very weak when it comes to the issue of women!

None of you dare admit it. No amount of tongue-talking, spirit-filled, demon-bashing power would stop the inglorious almighty power of these species we call women. Some of them are just too irresistible for brothers to ignore! Hence, we falling into temptation.

Abegii, na only God dey perfect o. We are all pressing towards the goal,,Phillipians 3: 13-14. And if you're perfect in all areas, then thank God for your life.

My advice to the brother is, Live out a sinless life to the best of your ability and with a help from the holy spirit. We cannot continue to sin and demand fulness of grace (y'all know that scripture).

God bless you all
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by afiq(m): 3:08am On Feb 10, 2010
There's a lot of devoted brothers out there who's using church activity to cover their dirt.
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by MsSophista(f): 10:02am On May 29, 2011
@Poster:

Matthew 5:28 stated by Jesus Christ:
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart

Marriage is beautiful and recommended. However, marriage is NOT a fix for the spirit of lust, only deliverance from God AND submission of the flesh. Marriage accentuates lust because in and of itself it doesn't have the ability to stop powerful fleshly desires. Why is it that MARRIED men still cheat. I can almost guarantee that even after marriage a lustful man will still be lusting/flirting after "anything in a skirt", especially after the euphoria and honeymoon stage settles.

HEBREWS 13:4: Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
Romans 13:13: Let us walk properly, as in the day; not in reveling and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and lustful acts, and not in strife and jealousy
Remember Matthew 5:28 clearly states that even looking at a woman lustfully is the same as committing adultery

Men should guard their eyes and women should clothe their bodies(women keeping from licentiousness-causing men to lust: Galatians 5:19)
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by mabell: 3:23pm On May 29, 2011
@poster
what do you mean by devoted first
Re: My Friend Is a Devoted Christian But Flirts Around by ruth42k3(f): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2012
Going to church alone and been devoted does not make u a real christian.the bible says except ye confess your sins and forsake them and the Blood of Jesus cleanseth you from all sins and the spirit beareth witness with your spirit that ye are sons of God ye cannot enter the kingdom of God.if the person is a real christian there is always the spirit of God that leads within,and that flirting would have stopped.so if you share the same faith pray for him that God should restore him.goodluck and God bless u

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6000 Romans Bow Before A Piece Of Decayed Meat. / Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion / The Consequences Of Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.