Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,500 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. (8190 Views)

What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? / New Policy Suggestion To All RELIGION Nairalanders. / All Religion Including CHRISTIANITY Are Founded On Lies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by winner01(m): 7:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

What is the human mind?
Dont ask me questions, just provide a pictorial proof of the human mind. Afterall its been substantiated by evidence.
Dont quote again me if you cant. angry

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by winner01(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

Why did Yahweh create the asteroid belt in our solar system? Did he use hebrew words to speak them into existence or Greek?
Provide a picture of the human mind as proof of its existence. angry

1 Like

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

OK

According to the mythical and fictitious narrative you mean.

Mythical and fictitious narrative are not the same.

One is completely false while the other is trying to explain a real natural event or occurence.

The Yoruba creation account is mytical and we have reflection of truth in it. That is after the story has been deeply analyzed.

From the account, the task of molding Creation was originally give toObatala. The word Obatala means “Chief of the White Cloth.” The term “White Cloth” is a reference to the primal substance that forms the foundation of the physical universe. Physics teaches that the first manifestation of dynamics in the universe was light.

http://ileifa.org/ifa-cosmology-ifa-tells-us-how-the-universe-came-into-being/

dalaman:

Simply because the people that conjured up the story do not know much about them.

Ifa is a spiritual science. It contain the esoteric knowledge on the world. It is not just something someone created from his head.

Our home is our business. Keeping it safe for lives to continue multiply and exist. Keeping the world in balance from falling into chaos. Now we are shouting global warming.

I think we need to solve problem arising at our home planet before venturing in another system.

dalaman:

So something can be designed for no purpose at all? You were berating the other guy and mocking him for saying that he believes nothing designed the universe but some how you feel something designed our solar system for nothing. grin grin

We are Gods. We can take care of our home all by ourselves.

You are the one looking for purpose. There is no purpose in Yoruba spiritualism. Maybe you can check another religion cheesycheesywink
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
winner01:
Dont ask me questions, just provide a pictorial proof of the human mind. Afterall its been substantiated by evidence.
Dont quote again me if you cant. angry

You are asking me to provide a picture of something you haven't defined? I don't know what a human mind is. Tell me what it is first, then I'll get you the picture as requested after fully understanding what it is from what ever definition and explaination you'll provide.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
dalaman:

I have never said something came from nothing.

Then you are insinuating it

What is/are responsible for the universe no one knows.

I've logically explained why the above statement is fallacious and you keep repeating it

We have how your own God said he created the earth before the sun.

You keep dwelling on misconceptions . If you have questions kindly use intellectual theological publications /sources to sort yourself out like I did and stop being silly

A mythical narrative you have discarded and refused to accept.

Instead of resorting to deriding the biblical account of creation , USE THE INTERNET
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by dalaman: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Then you are insinuating it
Nope. I have't.

I've logically explained why the above statement is fallacious and you keep repeating it

Logically explained what? You have never done that. I have asked you to prove to me that only one being, force or what ever it is created the universe as opposed to many.

You keep dwelling on misconceptions . If you have questions kindly use intellectual theological publications /sources to sort yourself out like I did and stop being silly

Here in lies the problem. This is just plain spin from modern day theologians because they know that what the bible says is false, let me give you an example, in the Koran it clearly states that the sun sets in a pool of muddy waters, that has been the cultural belief at that time and even the prophet Mohammed in some of the hadiths echoed the same thing, early Islamic scholars like Altabari in their exegesis repeated the same, but modern day Islamic scholars will twist, lie and say everything to show that the Koran actually doesn't mean what it says, this same thing applies to modern Jewish and christian scholars, the early rabbis had o problem stating that genesis creation account meant what it said, but modern scholars knowing that the bible narrative is false will use words like allegory or spin it to mean something else other than what was actually written. This to me is just pure dishonesty. The people that wrote the genesis creation myth have no idea how the universe came about, they just wrote down what they thought and believed which is actually not true.

Instead of resorting to deriding the biblical account of creation , USE THE INTERNET

Which internet? Is there any universal consensus on the biblical creation account on the internet? Aren't the supposed scholars all giving different interpretation and opinions?
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
furthermore, the reason atheists cannot subscribe to a Deity is because atheists hate to hear the name of God, they are to boastful and proud.according to atheists, ALL religious people are illiterate and All atheists are wise. Its seems like God know people like this will arise in the later days, that why He inspired Paul to say this:
1 corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the
world to shame the wise; God chose the
weak things of the world to shame the
strong.

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise person? Where is the
teacher of the law? Where is the
philosopher of this age? Has not God
made foolish the wisdom of the world?

1 Corinthians 1:21
For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Jeremiah 8:9
The wise will be put to shame; they will
be dismayed and trapped. Since they
have rejected the word of the LORD,
what kind of wisdom do they have?

Nice post brother!

The things of God cannot be explained by worldly and carnal wisdom. There is no logic behind it; one must humble himself/herself like a child to understand the mysteries and truths in the word God; that's the wisdom that has made the wise of the world foolish!

Luke 10:21

At that moment, Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2015
dalaman:

Logically explained what? You have never done that. I have asked you to prove to me that only one being, force or what ever it is created the universe as opposed to many.

KingEbukasBlog:

You can mathematically prove that 23456 x 261514 is not 25 . Because 25 is a square - this implies that only 5 and 5 will give 25 as their product . But can you prove that life has no creator ?

There are only two sides - there is no creator and there is a creator . The probability is 0.5 either way - a creator or no creator . But if you insist that there is no creator then the probability is 1 and the certainty there is a creator is 0

Therefore its illogical to say you don't know but you are sure the probability is 0 when you've not proven that the probability that there is a creator is actually 0 .

https://www.nairaland.com/2656893/5-expectations-heaven/1

Here in lies the problem. This is just plain spin from modern day theologians because they know that what the bible says is false, let me give you an example, in the Koran it clearly states that the sun sets in a pool of muddy waters, that has been the cultural belief at that time and even the prophet Mohammed in some of the hadiths echoed the same thing, early Islamic scholars like Altabari in their exegesis repeated the same, but modern day Islamic scholars will twist, lie and say everything to show that the Koran actually doesn't mean what it says, this same thing applies to modern Jewish and christian scholars, the early rabbis had o problem stating that genesis creation account meant what it said, but modern scholars knowing that the bible narrative is false will use words like allegory or spin it to mean something else other than what was actually written. This to me is just pure dishonesty. The people that wrote the genesis creation myth have no idea how the universe came about, they just wrote down what they thought and believed which is actually not true.

Who are these people you keep talking about grin . The people ... the people ... who exactly ?

And "the people" that wrote this mythical book could decipher that the earth was round for some reason even far before telescopes were invented

Isaiah 40:22

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Which internet? Is there any universal consensus on the biblical creation account on the internet? Aren't the supposed scholars all giving different interpretation and opinions?

Can you list these different interpretations and opinions you claim
Re: What Really Constitute a Myth. I See All Religion Guilty Of Its Features. by Richirich713: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2015
winner01:
Since atheists dont believe in a Creator because they feel humans can just emerge from random processes, why hasn't any atheist attempted the question below.

Their answer would maybe be....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Durga Puja Whatsapp Messages Wishes Pictures Cards Greetings 2015 / Rccg And Mfm: What Are Their Beliefs / Dresscode? / Conversation Between A Muslim And A American Over Terrorists Issue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.