Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Lets Talk About RAPE - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lets Talk About RAPE (2229 Views)

7 Important Things You Didn't Know About Rape! / OMG!!! See The Shocking Thing This Pretty Lady Said About Rape (photos) / My Rape Experience (An Epistle About Rape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 2:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
I feel its high time individual, families, and government start giving this issue of rape a more serious concern.

I have notice that there is hardly any day that goes by here on nairaland without an incident of rape being report.I don't have an actual figure, but am guessing its much. Apart from nairaland, there are police reported incidence, as well as unreported cases.

In a system where the institutions is/has failed. We the individuals should endeavour to take up responsibility as watchdogs of our own societies.

This is why we should encourage ourselves to constantly discuss this issue openly and share collective ideals on how to reduce the rate of this menace.

My own suggestion are as follow.

#1. teaching parents to teach their young children what decent dressing is from a young age.

# 2. video censored board should be awake to his responsibilities. Too much sexual unregulated videos in circulation.

#3. Men should be mindfull of their achohol intake_ especially when around women. Achohol easily can suppress one sense of caution and good judgement.

#3. Women should be mindful of of their dressing. Please don't tempt anyone to tempt you.

Feel free to contribute. Happy Sunday.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by iceberylin(m): 2:58pm On Dec 06, 2015
Some of these girls get themselves into it.
I was walking around the Rumuola road,saw this girl wearing a long skirt but the opening in the front was longer than the skirt shocked

An Army man had to slap sense into her after tearing the skirt more...

That man just make me carry Hard-on go house angry

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
No offense! Buh your post sucks....Really bad! it's nauseating!

Everything except No3 is total hogwash!!

so, Coz Of one psychotic potential Rapist I shouldn't wear my Mini-skirts and bumshorts again? Utter crap!undecided

....A Räpist would still Râpe U even if You Wear an Hijab And The longest skirt in the world....These people are Lunatics that need to be hunted, killed, hanged, shot and killed again !

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by lailo: 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2015
In Nigeria we are only mistaken sexual disagreement 4 rape.Most of the cases we hear here,if u really go deep,are between inamorata who have been eating there punnies and Longi 4 long.And bcs of any little disagreement,it turns to rape.Eg Mohamed Audu and dat slot dat accuse her of rape,Timaya and dat olosho girl etc
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by obiorathesubtle: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
[size=15pt]what is this one saying?

You just wake up one day and start saying babbash
[/size]undecided
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
OP na God go bless you. I have been wanting to create an educative thread like this.

Those babes that raped me yesterday night inside my room will never go unpunished angry
Just becoz I wore a singlet and short revealing my 8packs, they said I dressed indecent and they raped me.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Estharfabian:

so, Coz Of one psychotic potential Rapist I shouldn't wear my Mini-skirts and bumshorts again? Utter crap!undecided

....A Räpist would still Râpe U even if You Wear an Hijab And The longest skirt in the world....These people are Lunatics that need to be hunted, killed, hanged, shot and killed again !

Preach!!!

What people don't understand is that once the desire to _rape overwhelms someone, the way a potential victim dresses would not be a matter of concern. All the rapist wants to do is have sex with a female. So any female he finds, irrespective of how she dresses, he makes her his victim.

Just two weeks ago, a 28 year old lady who was returning from a vigil was raped and killed. She was decently dressed, but this didn't stop her attackers from raping her.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2015
Decker:

Preach!!!

What people don't understand is that once the desire to _rape overwhelms someone, the way a potential victim dresses would not be a matter of concern. All the rapist wants to do is have sex with a female. So any female he finds, irrespective of how she dresses, he makes her his victim.

Just two weeks ago, a 28 year old lady who was returning from a vigil was raped and killed. She was decently dressed, but this didn't stop her attackers from raping her.
My points exactly! if Nigerians stopped blaming girls for the deeds of Râpists... I think we'd for once accomplish something substantial other than vainglory n corruption...
I keep on saying this...even if she walked around nâked, u got no fücking right to rápe her! nothing justifies that..

Really sad story BTW....cry[/font]
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Vivly(f): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
To Akpos, Rape is just suprise sex.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Rukkydelta(f): 8:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
That's why all females need to be careful cause every guy is a suspect
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by IamLEGEND1: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2015
k
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2015
Estharfabian:
My points exactly! if Nigerians stopped blaming girls for the deeds of Râpists... I think we'd for once accomplish something substantial other than vainglory n corruption...
I keep on saying this...even if she walked around nâked, u got no fücking right to rápe her! nothing justifies that..

Let's be carefully hear. You don't tempt Satan to tempt you. What do you mean by even if she dresses naked.

An hungry man might be hungry, but can manage. But what happen when you test him with food.

No one is making a case for rape hear. However women should understand that indecent dressing can provoke a form of response.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
Estharfabian:

Yet you accept no.3 ..let me guess, becus it relates to men.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
ekemini606:

Yet you accept no.3 ..let me guess, becus it relates to men.
Exactly!!!undecided
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
Rape is inevitable. You can't cheat nature.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by cyprus000: 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2015
[size=13pt].
I see people blabbing on here. Don't actually have time to address some fvck here.angry

Maybe next time
[/size]
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by cyprus000: 9:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mozambique:
[size=13pt].
Fallacy.
[/size]
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt].
Fallacy.
[/size]

I'm only trying to be naughty. Only a mad man will sleep on the road because sleep calls.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Rukkydelta(f): 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
Mozambique:
You are a suspect
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
Rukkydelta:
You are a suspect
Still innocent unless proven otherwise.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Taolyn4lif(m): 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
Estharfabian:
...I keep on saying this...even if she walked around nâked, u got no fücking right to rápe her! nothing justifies that..

Of course he's got no right to ràpe her even if she walks around nàked, and that's why government will send him to jail if he is caught, but jailing him won't eliminate her trauma. So I'll advice that she shouldn't walk around nàked.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
iceberylin:
Some of these girls get themselves into it.
I was walking around the Rumuola road,saw this girl wearing a long skirt but the opening in the front was longer than the skirt shocked

An Army man had to slap sense into her after tearing the skirt more...

That man just make me carry Hard-on go house angry

Lol! I hope this story isn't true bro.

However let's not blame the women alone here. This is a shared blame between the sexes as well as society at large. I thought I tried to summarize it so.

Let's talk and make meaningful contributions and not play blame games.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 07, 2015
Two of your points had to do with how women dress. Disgusting. I hate boys like you
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 07, 2015
Truth is bitter......... Carry on op
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Rukkydelta(f): 8:01am On Dec 07, 2015
Mozambique:

Still innocent unless proven otherwise.
Your post is an evidence
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 07, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Your post is an evidence
I said that just clowning.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Rukkydelta(f): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mozambique:
I said that just clowning.
Alright how is your day going ?
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Olasco93: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nice topic OP, but sincerely speaking, i think Rape actually is not Fueled/Triggered by the way a girl dress.
Rape is from the Mind. It's a Mindset thing

The thought first sets-in the mind and settled there because you welcomed it. If you can control your mind you can filter away the thoughts of committing rape.

"Out of the abundance of the heart the JohnThomas of a rapist goes hunting....
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Alright how is your day going ?
Not so good. Just trying to pull self 2geda.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
Rainess:
Two of your points had to do with how women dress. Disgusting. I hate boys like you

Lol!
N I love women/girls like u.
You must understand what sexual provocative dressing is my lady.

I often pride myself as upright/reasonable guy, but even I must admitted that I get lust in this outfit most_ not to speak of one whose self control mechanism is faulty.

Please this things are for your own good.
Ur still our queen and we love you.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
Rainess:

Lol!
N I love women/girls like u.
You must understand what sexual provocative dressing is my lady.

I often pride myself as upright/reasonable guy, but even I must admitted that I get lust in this outfit most times, not to speak of one whose self control mechanism is faulty.

Please this things are for your own good.
Ur still our queen and we love you.
Re: Lets Talk About RAPE by ekemini606: 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
Olasco93:
Nice topic OP, but sincerely speaking, i think Rape actually is not Fueled/Triggered by the way a girl dress.
Rape is from the Mind. It's a Mindset thing

The thought first sets-in the mind and settled there because you welcomed it. If you can control your mind you can filter away the thoughts of committing rape.

"Out of the abundance of the heart the JohnThomas of a rapist goes hunting....

I completely understand u my friend.
But let's not be naïve.

I remember when I was in school, I never thought in my wildest imagination, I would be a mercinery for someone. But when alarm/ school fees came calling..
Well let's just leave it there!

My point is; one can never say what they ar or are not capable of until true test comes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders I Just Discovered That My GF Is Cheating On Me / My Step-brother Wants Us To Date, Is It Right? / Will Men Ever Be Faithful To One Woman? Are You Faithful To Him/her???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.