Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,188 members, 7,953,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:46 PM

I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada (71523 Views)

Even Appointing A Cleaner Scares Buhari – Oyegun / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2009
@becomerich, I assume you do not know anything in economy, small business are the hope of the economy. Soludo killed small business. Like you said, some bank went down. Not all business would make it. but people should be given the chance to take a risk.  Small business hope is in small bank . the local banks.

Well, maybe I may not know of the Nigerian economy, but in the U.S., I am certain of what I know. Perhaps you can help me elaborate what you mean by small business are the hope of our economy. I mean explain further in economical and financial aspects and then relate it to the economy on how they contribute to our GDP.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Lol, BecomeRich was a science student and who knows Unilorin engineering school may be accepting candidates with a P8 in english.

What is P8 in english?
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2009
Aloy emeka you sure a case. You need your head examined. Dont worry, i would post my document for you to see, i am not a cleaner is that what you want. I would include my voice. so you can ask yourself if i am a cleaner.
@BecomeRich, how will I know the difference between the voice of a cleaner and that of an astronaut? wink wink
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 7:50pm On Jun 01, 2009
What is P8 in english?
You obviously went to high school abroad.

Nigeria's grade level for high school graduates in every subject are as ff:
A1-3= distinction
C4-6= Credit/Equivalent to B in the US
P7-8= pass/equivalent to level C-E in America
F9= fail.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2009
jidobaba:

Okay. My own be say nobody, no GADDEM body/bodies should ever again run down Nigerian graduates. If u went to college in some backwater in england, that is the business of you and your wasteful sponsors, dont try justifying such frivolity by attacking GREATEST NIG STUDENTS.
Come to naija and see if your degree from wiwiwamshire university will get you that job. Shwww
This is not about running down Nigerian graduates but simply stating that our system does not equip our graduates to compete at the same level or higher with their counterparts in other developing/developed countries.

Now, we can list the exceptional cases while ignoring the fact that majority of doctors from Nigeria who migrate to America spend years trying to pass the acceptance exams out here as well. Many end up choosing to go back to Nigeria so they can continue as doctors, while others choose to plug themselves in order areas.

Going to some backwater school in England will actually get you a job in Nigeria. If you do not believe that, ask the many so called expatriates who are now flooding Nigeria with degrees from schools even you have never heard of  and GPAs that likely got them rejected out here.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2009
Yea, could be tough.

But within 1-2 yrs he could have gone back to renew his license in w/e state he resides in.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Lol, BecomeRich was a science student and who knows Unilorin engineering school may be accepting candidates with a P8 in english.
Aloy.Emeka:

You obviously went to high school abroad.

Nigeria's grade level for high school graduates in every subject are as ff:
A1-3= distinction
C4-6= Credit/Equivalent to B in the US
P7-8= pass/equivalent to level C-E in America
F9= fail.

Thanks for the info. I will be surprised also to see a university admit a student with such grade. LMAO, smiley smiley smiley
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 7:55pm On Jun 01, 2009
manny4life:

What is P8 in english?

hehehe grin

His "explanation" is there for you to read.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is not about running down Nigerian graduates but simply stating that our system does not equip our graduates to compete at the same level or higher with their counterparts in other developing/developed countries.

Now, we can list the exceptional cases while ignoring the fact that majority of doctors from Nigeria who migrate to America spend years trying to pass the acceptance exams out here as well. Many end up choosing to go back to Nigeria so they can continue as doctors, while others choose to plug themselves in order areas.

Going to some backwater school in England will actually get you a job in Nigeria. If you do not believe that, ask the many so called expatriates who are now flooding Nigeria with degrees from schools even you have never heard of  and GPAs that likely got them rejected out here.

I totally agree with you. I have so many friends that currently work in big financial institutions in Nigeria, even those with <2.5 GPA.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AjaraEwuro: 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2009
Anyone who thinks the Nigerian education system is bull shit should actually have his heads examined not by a medical student but by a qualified doctor - how can someone in his right senses say that he will rather want a medical student in the UK to examine him rather than a medical doctor from or in Nigeria, do people now see that some people have a lot of mental problems? in fact they are going mad gradually. The question about a two year course lasting four years is not the issue, we are talking about content, what you are thought, not how long it takes you to learn or study, if your compare your dull head nephew to everyone else, El Razur, then you have more need for medical and mental examination. I know a lot of people who came to the UK to work with their Nigerian degrees, a lot, if you like agre or not, I know you will never agree, but, that doesnt bother me. I was in a Masters degree class and majority of the white folks come to me for tutorials and extra mural lessons, why, because most of the things we were being thought were stuff we learnt in the undergraduate class in Nigeria. Beleive it if you like, or dont beleive it, it doesnt change that fact. So, agree with me or not, Nigerian graduates can hold their heads up anywhere they find themselves  worldwide, UK, America or Cana or whereever - these are facts already proven, take it or leave it. How many Nigerian graduates come here to sit behind a computer to chat away their time, as most UK workplaces operate? they come here, make the most of their work and they are focused unlike the white folks who spend half day drinking cofee and tea.

Anyone who havent gone thru the system simply doesnt have a mouth to say such rubbish that Nigerian graduates cant compete with graduates worldwide - stay there and keep eating burger while the same graduates progresses in life. shio.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2009
becomrich.:

Small business are the hope of the economy. Look in the USA when wal mart comes to any town . the people start protest. Why? Because a lot of the people would loss their job. The more people are employ the more tax been paid. And the better the economy.

Look corporation have expert who understand the tax system that they beat the system. Small business combine produce more jobs that.

Look if Wal-Mart is only a chain in a business, all depredating companies and families to Wal-Mart are fewer compare to multiple of small business with the same capacity as Wal-Mart combine.  What I mean is more life’s are touch with small business than largest chain like Wal-Mart. One Wal-Mart have one supply chain. And that is it. One company supplying them all. Now if you have small business , you create several chain of suppliers and it create more dependant and more workers in the economy. 

With reference to Wal-Mart, what is the comparative advantage of having a $100million retail store paying about 25%or more in payroll, 35% of that amount in business taxes to small business who contribute little or nothing to their community. Yes, they have corporate tax experts, either they report the income and pay taxes on them or they write off the expense and get no taxes, either way they spend huge amount in the community they are in. In response to supply chain, you are aware that the combined purchase of one Wal-Mart store is 20x greater than small business supply chain combined together. It does not matter their supply chain or taxes, huge big box stores have a positive impact on small communities. Would you prefer to buy a product a $ more than you would get it at Wal-Mart, the answer is NO.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 8:04pm On Jun 01, 2009
how can someone in his right senses say that he will rather want a medical student in the UK to examine him rather than a medical doctor from or in Nigeria
Even though he was trying to be sarcastic, I may agree with him a little on that but not a medical student sha.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AjaraEwuro: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2009
If Nigeria is this bad, why dont you all come to Nigeria and shoot every member of your family still living here dead so that your entire lineage can be wiped off the bad country called Nigeria?
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 8:07pm On Jun 01, 2009

what is your yoruba ashame of me for
. That i stand to defend the Yorubas. what is there to be ashame of. Any yoruba man living dead or alive that is again the Yorubas should post is name online. Do you find an betrayer of the Yorubas bold enough to oppsoite what I say. Do you know of any yoruba omo ale. Only an Omo ale , which some of you ay be classified would use his left hand to point to his father house.

I am not an Omo Ale. I stand up for my people. And you can go to hell for all I care.

Let that Yorubas stand up that is again our people having their country and we would see if him and is family would not relocate for every outside of Yorubaland.
Can you draw the map of OYB's house using satellite images  so we can get SWAT teams to uproot the house and move him to Sokoto  state or Chad? grin grin grin
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by MrCrackles(m): 8:11pm On Jun 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Can you draw the map of OYB's house using satellite images  so we can get SWAT teams to uproot the house and move him to Sokoto  state or Chad? grin grin grin

Lolz! grin cheesy
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

lol grin grin
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2009
Do you want the FBI to come after you. I know what is going on. Aloy emeka aka you know who. Do not play with me. Have you slept in prison before. You may be about to sleep there.

Don’t get fooled by this website, some of the people are login under several names. Like Aloy emeka is iibine, ibime, osewa , he has many name,   What they have done is edit my posting sometime. They have moderator right to edit anyone posting and that is what they do.   

I know you are the one login . Do you know what the Yoruba call people like you, Omo ale. You are Yoruba, because of kobo kobo, you sell the yorubas to people. Your parent should be ashamed of you. If your real name is Osewa, because I discovered that one Jide Oguntimehin that lives in Dc is real owner of nairaland. He pays the bill. Before the FBI caught you for FBI. 

You also have a system that read people keyboard. And have access to people banking account. This website is run by some 419 . They can read your banking information if you log online at the same time.

Have you ask yourself, why a Nigeria website have 300,000 members
Lol, BecomeRich don vexxxxxxxxxxx. Wetin Ibime do you? I thought you should be placating him so he can help you deliver Ijaws for your Benin agenda?   grin grin grin grin
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by Pataki: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2009
becomrich.:

Do you want the FBI to come after you. I know what is going on. Aloy emeka aka you know who. Do not play with me. Have you slept in prison before. You may be about to sleep there.

Don’t get fooled by this website, some of the people are login under several names. Like Aloy emeka is iibine, ibime, osewa , he has many name,   What they have done is edit my posting sometime. They have moderator right to edit anyone posting and that is what they do.  

I know you are the one login . Do you know what the Yoruba call people like you, Omo ale. You are Yoruba, because of kobo kobo, you sell the yorubas to people. Your parent should be ashamed of you. If your real name is Osewa, because I discovered that one Jide Oguntimehin that lives in Dc is real owner of nairaland. He pays the bill. Before the FBI caught you for FBI.  

You also have a system that read people keyboard. And have access to people banking account. This website is run by some 419 . They can read your banking information if you log online at the same time.

Have you ask yourself, why a Nigeria website have 300,000 members.

Dude, go and lie down! You are having a headache at the moment. I still cannot make head or tail to what you are saying. Are all Unilorin graduates like you? No wonder, that school was and still is in oblivion. grin

If you have any concerns about cyber fraud, tender your allegations to FBI cyber crime watch. Otherwise, you are nothing but a noisemaker here.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:23pm On Jun 01, 2009
becomrich.:

Really, I have never had of someone remotely reading people's keyboard strokes. This would be the first and maybe for those people who don't have computer shield. Just because there a 300,000 members on a website, doesn't mean its run by a 419. I disagree with you.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
becomrich.:

Pataki:

Dude, go and lie down! You are having a headache at the moment. I still cannot make head or tail to what you are saying. Are all Unilorin graduates like you? No wonder, that school was and still is in oblivion. grin

If you have any concerns about cyber fraud, tender your allegations to FBI cyber crime watch. Otherwise, you are nothing but a noisemaker here.

lol  grin grin grin grin smiley smiley
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 8:33pm On Jun 01, 2009
manny4life:

Really, I have never had of someone remotely reading people's keyboard strokes. This would be the first and maybe for those people who don't have computer shield. Just because there a 300,000 members on a website, doesn't mean its run by a 419. I disagree with you.

yes, there are software companies/systems that can follow what you're doing on your computer by reading your keyboard strokes.

This is common knowledge and some couples use it to spy on each other while parents can use it to check what their kids do on the web.

The applications are limitless.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

That is why the US still remain the best country to immigrate into. The US offers the best opportunity to any immigrant no matter where you came from. I know some of my peeps that are working in the US as graduates with degrees from Nigerian universities. Many people that emigrated to the US from 2000-present worked with their degrees from their home countries. My own cousin studied pharmacy in UNN and never went to a school for one day in the US yet all he did was write the board exam and that was it.

all that is changing, Insha Allah.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by platinumnk(f): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2009
not always tru. . . with the economy some employers are hiring citixens 1st rather than issue visas
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:44pm On Jun 01, 2009
becomrich.:

Ibime is not ijaws, And aloy your problem is you hate yoruba people. and anything that have to do with Yorubas. It is so unfortunity that some igbos are ungrateful for what the yorubas have done for the igbos. Most of you come to live on our land and we treat you well. and you never try to see anything good in Yorubaland.

And any form of insult you igbos sit down and throw abuse at us. What is wrong with you people.

May be if we start treating you like northerner, may be you people would like that. Why we wish good for you people. The only thing you wish for us is evil. Why do you have wicked heart.

Tell me. You come to lagos look for ways to drive out the oba of lagos, Eze igbo my foot. why we say amend law to favour lagos and yorubaland. All of you igbos with your politics are going about oppose to it. But you want to eat the fruit of the land and not contribute to the lagos.  

Stop your evil ways. Not until they start locking all your shop and throwning your people out , then may be you would get the message. No more cheating.

I do think that the Yoruba community should appreciate the presence of the Igbo's at least in Lagos. Without their presence, one would imagine that Lagos wouldn't have achieved the height of growth, development and success.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 8:45pm On Jun 01, 2009
manny4life:

I do think that the Yoruba community should appreciate the presence of the Igbo's at least in Lagos. Without their presence, one would imagine that Lagos wouldn't have achieved the height of growth, development and success.

topic has been done to death.

search function wink
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AjaraEwuro: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2009
and as usual, this becomes a racial and tribal discussion again. shame on y'all.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
tpiah:

yes, there are software companies/systems that can follow what you're doing on your computer by reading your keyboard strokes.

This is common knowledge and some couples use it to spy on each other while parents can use it to check what their kids do on the web.

The applications are limitless.

As you quote it is common knowledge, not everyone is vulnerable to being attacked. You get me keyboard strokes and then what? Login into my bank account that has several layers of encryption and authentication. I wouldn't know because I'm not a victim, at least I know now.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2009
manny4life:

As you quote it is common knowledge, not everyone is vulnerable to being attacked. You get me keyboard strokes and then what? Login into my bank account that has several layers of encryption and authentication. I wouldn't know because I'm not a victim, at least I know now.

dont know about the bank account thingy but its common knowledge that personal information isnt that difficult to hide and this includes what you do on the web.

Accessing people's financial info is what some Nigerians specialize in- I'm sure you've read all the news flashes about that. This info can be obtained through various ways and bank encryption isnt always as secure as they say- leaks and hackers do happen.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2009
tpiah:

dont know about the bank account thingy but its common knowledge that personal information isnt that difficult to hide and this includes what you do on the web.

Accessing people's financial info is what some Nigerians specialize in- I'm sure you've read all the news flashes about that. This info can be obtained through various ways and bank encryption isnt always as secure as they say- leaks and hackers do happen.

I am not disputing Nigerians capability of Cyber crime, however I was only stating that I have never heard of computer keyboard strokes being manipulated remotely.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 8:59pm On Jun 01, 2009
Dude, go and lie down! You are having a headache at the moment.
That is the sober becomeRich. If his headache kicks in, he'll start spamming the thread with pictures trust me.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 9:01pm On Jun 01, 2009
becomrich.:

they can, and nairaland is using it. that why when you log on it look like they are reading your mind. they have seen what your wrote before posting.

That not what I am saying, if you log on to this website, it is at your own risk. this people have some scam going on. I dont know yet. But FBI would be interested in thier case.  

For the sake of it, I'm am so not talking about this Cyber crime stuff again.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2009
Y'all are beginning to freak me out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APGA / Yusuf Buhari Set To Marry Zahra Bayero (Photo) / This Man Apologizes To Those Who Voted APC Because Of Him (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.