Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada (71011 Views)

Even Appointing A Cleaner Scares Buhari – Oyegun / Uninterrupted Electricity Impossible In Nigeria Now— Power Minister: Prof. Nebo / Pictures Of A Doctor Who Died In The Damaturu Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by IKEYMAN1: 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2009
waitin
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by ElRazur: 11:34pm On Jun 02, 2009
Just keep waiting. I would be right back okay! As soon as someone explains the meaning of sarcasm to you. smiley
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
He may not be the best person to articulate himself on the forum, however it do not mean he is mentally challenged. You do not know him as a person, or have access to his medical history.
BecomeRich's wild incoherent remarks here are in tune with popular symptoms of schizophrenia.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by SUKKIE(m): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
@ post

In my view,once u set ur feet out of njar u may as well say good bye to ur qualifications. Many a time, ve seen doctors in njar turn social workers,teachers and  nurses.Really,these are recession-proof fields and more importantly u need to align urself with the demands of the labour market in the western world  and certainly not what u enjoy doing. However, goal-driven people dont spend forever doing menial jobs but more often than not u cant help it for a start.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
Aloy emeka , here is one of my previous employer letter. so stop dreaming. So you can get a job in canada if you try.

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 11:23pm On Jun 04, 2009
@becomerich, no offense but I can do exactly what you put out here in Adobe PhotoShop. Well, I don't see how that proved anything though.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2009
You can not do the same. If you never worked in a place , people would know. All you need to confirm that I worked there is just call the company. This is my point, that nigerian can still get jobs. So call the company. everyone in canada knows Rogers. everyone, i mean everyone.

The word of God says do not despise the days of little beginning. No matter how you start in canada or anywhere in the world, Just continue to trust God.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by sosisi(f): 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
chei them don ban becomrich yet again.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by adconline(m): 2:02am On Jun 05, 2009
Just a simple question? If the above in bold fonts are realy true, why do some of us still got all it takes to break into the UK market with our Nigerian degrees and still came out being the best everywhere we work or at whatever we do? Why did the UK govt recruit many people to work in Britain under the HSMP Visa if Nigerian Universities turn out shit?

Are you for real? Breaking into UK market straight up from Nigeria without any advanced cerfitication or training from UK institutions? If you live in Uk as you claimed, you will know that Naija's education system is opposite of UK. My brother who had best results in some unis in Nigeria got accepted into University of Cape Town is even saying that SA is way ahead of Nigeria even though University of Cape Town ranks between 300 to 400 in World's universities ranking. Let's not confuse ourselves with core fundamentals of education . Chemistry is chemisrty everywhere, but it can be taught, assimilated and experimented on differently. Naija unis are still teaching Fortran 77 in computer courses while most schools overseas will start you with C++ courses. What are u talking about? I think you are miscontruing sharp minds with educational systems. Mind you that best Nigerians go to live abroad.

If you graduate as a medical doctor in Nigeria and you go to where ever to mess up, chances are that you are not that good academically and professionally and it has nothing to do with the state of Nigerian Universities because if you search properly, you will come across loads of people graduating from the same University and doing marvelously well in other countries Worldwide, even in the same Canada.

I think you might be living in a different world. There are lots of Nigerian graduates who cannot even write a good letter of application. There are some who cannot make a complete sentence without an error. There are some graduates that never sat for exams and yet they passed. I think that this notion of Nigerians kick asses everywhere they go is higly exergerated I think that Nigerians abroad are driven because of the circumstances in their home country. I think you cannot afford to fail here attitude propels some Nigerian not that our Universities are superb
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 2:08am On Jun 05, 2009
Adconline. I do not think any nigeria universities do that, because i had a young man from ilorin some years when i was in nigeria . And he did C, C ++ . You must have finished 20 years.

Look to update nigeria educational system, all they do now adays is compare online with program from other countries universities like harvard and yale.

Look even I finished along time ago. But i know c , c++, sql, java, oracle, php etc, And I finished along time ago.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 2:41am On Jun 05, 2009
adconline:

[b]I think you might be living in a different world. There are lots of Nigerian graduates who cannot even write a good letter of application. There are some who cannot make a complete sentence without an error. There are some graduates that never sat for exams and yet they passed. [/b]I think that this notion of  Nigerians kick asses everywhere they go is higly exergerated  I think that Nigerians abroad are driven because of the circumstances in their home country. I think you cannot afford to fail here attitude  propels some Nigerian not that our Universities are superb

the bolded depends on which university you went to in Nigeria. All Nigerian graduates can say they went to university. However, not all universities are the same.

And while we're discussing this matter, thats why refusing to learn how to speak English properly isnt always a plus once you're out of your comfort zone.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 3:49am On Jun 05, 2009
It is more of propaganda war against canada, i would assume uk nigerian , who control the inflow of nigerian student in the Uk. I may be wrong.  Any rival countries would be crash and canada has started to step in to UK exclusive market. In the UK in a semeter there are upto 10,000 nigerian student paying an average of 25,000 pound.  Which is a 0.24 billion pound a sememter for the UK. That about 1 billion canadian dollar per sememter. And this nigeria ring control.

This people can bad mouth anyone who block their way for the money. 1 billion dollar market is alot of money.

Sometime you may need upgrading in canada. But many universities offer it. Mostly for people with HND.   

I am doing this so that people would not loss hope and get discourage. I would post another job offer by an america company USA, a long time ago.

The word of God want you to be wise in what information you hear. Men can kill your vision and the only way they can do it , is thru information.

God blessing for your life is unlimited.

I also own the market right to USA largest cell phone and sirius satellite radio marketing right. And over 500 USA companies.  So go where God tell you to go. if it canada, USA or moon.  Dont listen to men. If others do not make there it does not mean your case would not be different .  If God says it is your time, you would make it.

Yar adua never believe he could be president. He is now president.

The word of God says the heart of man is wicked, that who knows it.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 4:41am On Jun 05, 2009
It is more of propaganda war against canada, i would assume uk nigerian , who control the inflow of nigerian student in the Uk. I may be wrong.  Any rival countries would be crash and canada has started to step in to UK exclusive market. In the UK in a semeter there are upto 10,000 nigerian student paying an average of 25,000 pound.  Which is a 0.24 billion pound a sememter for the UK. That about 1 billion canadian dollar per sememter. And this nigeria ring control.

This people can bad mouth anyone who block their way for the money. 1 billion dollar market is alot of money.

Sometime you may need upgrading in canada. But many universities offer it. Mostly for people with HND.   

I am doing this so that people would not loss hope and get discourage. I would post another job offer by an america company USA, a long time ago.

The word of God want you to be wise in what information you hear. Men can kill your vision and the only way they can do it , is thru information.

God blessing for your life is unlimited.

I also own the market right to USA largest cell phone and sirius satellite radio marketing right. And over 500 USA companies.  So go where God tell you to go. if it canada, USA or moon.  Dont listen to men. If others do not make there it does not mean your case would not be different If God says it is your time, you would make it.

Yar adua never believe he could be president. He is now president.

The word of God says the heart of man is wicked, that who knows it.

Can you see how intelligent and good you sound if you are not posting tribal literature?. This is your best post so far on Nairaland. Jidekwa ka iji.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 4:42am On Jun 05, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Can you see how intelligent and good you sound if you are not posting tribal literature?. This is your best post so far on Nairaland.

plssss just shut up!!!!!

gosh!!!!!!!
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by Nobody: 4:46am On Jun 05, 2009
IKEYMAN!!!:

can someone explain those^^^^
ElRazur:

You want an explanation of your own post? undecided Right. Just hold on one sec okay? I'll be back. smiley

undecided
IKEYMAN!!!:

waitin
Aloy.Emeka:

BecomeRich's wild incoherent remarks here are in tune with popular symptoms of schizophrenia.
rotflmao grin grin shocked shocked shocked grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 4:47am On Jun 05, 2009
plssss just shut up!!!!!

gosh!!!!!!!

I am not talking, why ask me to shut up this early mor mor?. I am typing with my fingers?
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 6:10am On Jun 05, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

I am not talking, why ask me to shut up this early mor mor?. I am typing with my fingers?

you have some very despicable and underhanded ways which will surely turn on you one day.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by adconline(m): 10:09am On Jun 05, 2009
the bolded depends on which university you went to in Nigeria. All Nigerian graduates can say they went to university. However, not all universities are the same.

And while we're discussing this matter, thats why refusing to learn how to speak English properly isnt always a plus once you're out of your comfort zone

Can you please tell me any university in Naija that  never had these types of graduates or does not have these types of graduates. OBJ even agreed when he was the president. Even Yar'dua  said same thing " some Nigerian graduates are not employeable" A friend of mine recently employed a Naija  graduate with no computer skills. I'm not saying all Naija graduates bad. So for you to be accepted in UK, Canada, and US etc you must  have upgraded your qualification. Let's tell the whole story. Not that there is a job  market out there waiting for fresh Naija grads. Dont get me wrong Naija folks pass A-level, SAT, GRE GMAt every year, but  there are many Naija grads who  cannot pass these exams based on what they were in taught in school. Also remember that unis are supposed to  be centers for research and academic learning. How many Naija unis are in this role?  Even in  Africa, Naija unis rank lower than most African countries that are at comparable economic/political level with us. So I think its delusional to think some naija unis are good and some are bad, but the point is that average naija uni is bad. It will be like saying that all US  grads measure  up to Hardvard or Yale or that Hardvard grads  are the best in all fields, but on average most of these grads were well taught in their schools. The missing point here is teaching.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by Jakumo(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2009
Nigerian university degrees are available for purchase by any illiterate with enough money to buy a used motorcycle. I ought to know, for I have a string of worthless Nigerian doctorate degrees, some in my name and others in my dog's name, just to prove it can be done.

Anyone holding a Nigerian-issued college diploma had better be ready to demonstrate that they earned that sheepskin the hard way, by earning passing grades, as opposed to purchasing passing grades like I did for myself and my dog Spot.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by ThinkRait: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2009
Nigerian degrees??
I earned/bought/grabbed mine and I feel confident enough to write on Nairaland.
Toronto Nko!!!!!
If Jakumo bought a degree and his english is this goooooood, then I'll advise every Nigerian to buy degrees.

Abeg make we leave story for CNN jo!!!
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 3:50pm On Jun 05, 2009
look at another letter, this should make you a believe. the word of God says to him that believe all things are possible. Dont let joy killers kill your joy.  This is even a USA company.

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 3:55pm On Jun 05, 2009
Jakumo, you are telling a lie, which university in Nigeria gave you a doctorate degrees in your name and your dogs name. Tell us the name of the University.

I said before too, that I own marketing right to over 500 USA companies. Believe, just believe. Have you had of Isa Odidi. He is a nigerian too. He use to be one of the former directors of Biovail. Biovail is the largest pharmaceutical company in canada. He is Nigerian. dont let people tell you nonsense. If God is on your side, noman can be against you.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 4:28pm On Jun 05, 2009
adconline:

And while we're discussing this matter, thats why refusing to learn how to speak English properly isnt always a plus once you're out of your comfort zone

Can you please tell me any university in Naija that  never had these types of graduates or does not have these types of graduates. OBJ even agreed when he was the president. Even Yar'dua  said same thing " some Nigerian graduates are not employeable" A friend of mine recently employed a Naija  graduate with no computer skills. I'm not saying all Naija graduates bad. So for you to be accepted in UK, Canada, and US etc you must  have upgraded your qualification. Let's tell the whole story. Not that there is a job  market out there waiting for fresh Naija grads. Dont get me wrong Naija folks pass A-level, SAT, GRE GMAt every year, but  there are many Naija grads who  cannot pass these exams based on what they were in taught in school. Also remember that unis are supposed to  be centers for research and academic learning. How many Naija unis are in this role?  Even in  Africa, Naija unis rank lower than most African countries that are at comparable economic/political level with us. So I think its delusional to think some naija unis are good and some are bad, but the point is that average naija uni is bad. It will be like saying that all US  grads measure  up to Hardvard or Yale or that Hardvard grads  are the best in all fields, but on average most of these grads were well taught in their schools. The missing point here is teaching.

I like this quote. While all Nigerian graduates are smart and intelligent, I must agree that the teaching structure in Nigeria is bad. Although I'm not that quite familiar with the higher educational system, but comparing to what I have heard from international students, this students are very intelligent, but the teaching structure, tools and equipment are low standard. Someone on their post said chemistry is chemistry, I agree and also math is math, so as business is business. For me I am more familiar with math and business, I wouldn’t know if this happen in Nigeria, but most accredited schools in the U.S. that teach math courses teach lab. Example from Calculus I, II, III, differential equations and Matrix, advanced engineering Math, all this courses have a 2hr credit for lab, while the main course is 4hr credit, which means that you spend approximately about 4-6hrs of class time weekly just on lab work not the main course. In business that I know of, we spend hours on simulation courses from finance to strategic management, excel modeling, to real time data of financial statement. That is why when you are done, you are certain of what you’ve done.

This reason for this is that maybe our universities just set standards, but don’t provide the tools necessary to achieve those standards. Example, Math students are required to have TI-89 graphing utility calculator, but if you don’t have it, the school has one on their system in the math lab, that depends on how often u will need it. In terms of research, every student that has gone through rigorous education knows basic steps towards effective research and analysis that is why schools have the department of sponsored research, and writing labs to aid students on their project. I worked on RFID Technology for my advanced comp class, and did a senior thesis on U.S credit market. 

As for Harvard, the school is an Ivy League school and mostly respected not because its education, but its high standards that it has set for its students, public, and even the government. This is what differentiates them and yes they are achieving those standards because they provided all necessary. Moreover, no school in the US has the amount of endowment that Harvard has, not even Yale.

I am just trying to show a difference between our educational systems.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by qkman: 4:30pm On Jun 05, 2009
Is it because you are not employable? that shows that you've been administering the wrong treatment to Nigerians, is better you go back to school and let them train you to become a 'doctor' instead of you mereing yourself here.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by tpiah: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2009
Here's one Naija university awarding fake degrees:

Trinity Southern University, an online school based in Texas, has been sued by the state of Pennsylvania for allegedly using state and private Internet addresses to hawk fake graduate degrees and prescription drugs. The “university” sent out more than 180,000 spam e-mails in 2004, of which some 300 were sent from e-mail servers belonging to companies and schools in Pennsylvania.

The investigators tasked with this case applied for and received a degree in the name of “Colby Nolan,” the name of a Pennsylvania deputy attorney general's cat. Colby was awarded a Master's Degree in Business Administration for skills acquired in baby-sitting and retail management, maintaining a supposed 3.5 GPA.

The lawsuit names two bothers, Alton Scott Poe and Craig Barton Poe, as well as Innovative Cellular and Wireless (of which Craig Poe is the president) in Corpus Christi, Texas, as defendants. The State of Pennsylvania is seeking civil penalties, restitution, and a permanent injunction against TSU and the two brothers.

http://www.law.com/jsp/law/LawArticleFriendly.jsp?id=1102340164876

Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by AloyEmeka9: 8:54pm On Jun 05, 2009
www.nairaland.com/attachments/152465_yyy_JPGcbec913d244502c8731249651c378a7f

There is something wrong with the form of this appointment letter. Also, do you have two names?. One is Dele Musiwa while the other is Adesegun becomeRich.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/152652_lett_JPG397efb7852373e4c21ec44bc30d3190e
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by bawomolo(m): 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2009
becomerich

is your name dele or adesegun?
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by blacksta(m): 10:51pm On Jun 05, 2009
Useless

This thread got derailed about 5 pages ago. absolute nonsense.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 6:18am On Jun 06, 2009
Yes, my name is adesegun dele , dele is my middle name.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by becomrich15: 6:27am On Jun 06, 2009
manny4life stop trying to defend what is not right.

Now. engineering school in Nigeria is five years and one years of service. Making 6 years before your first Job in engineering. But in most countries in the west, it is 4 years. truth or false.

Now I can tell you that medical school in Nigeria is 6 years and another one year during service making 7 years and not including housemanship. But in some countries in the west. Medical school is only 4 years. manny4life am I telling a lie.

While nigeria engineers undergoes 6 years of training and doctors undergoes 7 years of training , most school in the west undergoes 4 years and 4 years for medical school. for the same degree.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by manny4life(m): 7:22am On Jun 06, 2009
becomrich,:

manny4life stop trying to defend what is not right.

Now. engineering school in Nigeria is five years and one years of service. Making 6 years before your first Job in engineering. But in most countries in the west, it is 4 years.  truth or false.

Now I can tell you that medical school in Nigeria is 6 years and another one year during service making 7 years and not including housemanship. But in some countries in the west. Medical school is only 4 years.  manny4life am I telling a lie.

While nigeria engineers undergoes 6 years of training and doctors undergoes 7 years of training , most school in the west undergoes 4 years and 4 years for medical school. for the same degree.

Becomerich, look it's not how long you spend in the school, rather the quality of education that is taught. While I wouldn't want to compare between Nigerian and American Engineering graduates, but let us look at the fact at hand. Moreover you were not telling a lie about the four years spent in college, but you failed to address that Professional careers such as medicine, you must have a first degree in either Biology, Chemistry or combination of both and this years does not include your residency. With reference to Engineering students, you and I both know that courses in engineering is between 3-5 credit hr, average of 4hrs. When you take the average class and lab time hours of someone in Nigeria studying engineering compared to someone who is here that does the same class and lab to include research and projects, you will agree with me that they spend an extra semester making it 5years. Engineering is 4 1/2 years due to their extended curricular. Some of their courses is 4hrs and most include lab, so that 120 hour rule doesn't apply to them. Depending on their major, their total requirement is up to 140 credit hours.I don't know what housemanship is though, but if you are talking about Internship, yes we do go for a whole semester internship or a whole year externship.
Re: I Was A Doctor In Nigeria, Now A Cleaner In Canada by kosovo(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2009
Pathetic Cock and Bull Story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Kills Boko Haram Members Who Attacked Soldiers In Borno. Graphic / Governor Diri's Reaction When Nengi Visited Him Vs When Trikytee Visited / "Silent Prejudice": Femi Fani-Kayode Joins Nollywood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.