Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

A Call For Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Call For Advice (595 Views)

Before You Run Off To Their Friends For Advice or Help / AUNTIE PRECIOUS' CONSULT: Drop All Your Problems On This Thread For Advice!!! / Relationship Counsellor: Enter Here For Advice On Relationship And Love Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call For Advice by coolio321(m): 10:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Hi everyone, this is my 1st thread on nairaland.
I urgently need an advice.

Am quite mature in age and a good number of my friends are married so am not a teenager.

I have not been in a relationship for sometime now due to some reasons. I met a girl recently and we became close. I like her so much, she visits me, we hangout, we talk almost everyday on phone, she even took me out once and we have kissed a couple of times.
The issue is that when I asked her out, she told me that she has a boyfriend and she only wants me as a friend. I persisted for awhile but she bluntly said that she's not leaving her boyfriend for me. My problem now is should I forget her and move on or should I hang on with the belief that she will change her mind. I also like this laidy a lot. I need sincere answers pleaeeessss.
Re: A Call For Advice by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 07, 2015
Kindly look else where.
When ladies tell you things like this, it's better
you believe them.
Re: A Call For Advice by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 07, 2015
ever heard of 'FRIENDZONE' she just made you a zonal manager.

2 Likes

Re: A Call For Advice by bqlekan(m): 10:56am On Dec 07, 2015
Respect her relationship, take her as a friend, try someone else and let them meet each other...
Re: A Call For Advice by sinaj(f): 10:59am On Dec 07, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:
ever heard of 'FRIENDZONE' she just made you a zonal manager.
cheesy
Re: A Call For Advice by akuracy(m): 11:02am On Dec 07, 2015
coolio321:

Am quite mature in age and a good number of my friends are married so am not a teenager.

I have not been in a relationship for sometime now due to some reasons. I met a girl recently and we became close. I like her so much, she visits me, we hangout, we talk almost everyday on phone, she even took me out once and we have kissed a couple of times.
The issue is that when I asked her out, she told me that she has a boyfriend and she only wants me as a friend. I persisted for awhile but she bluntly said that she's not leaving her boyfriend for me. My problem now is should I forget her and move on or should I hang on with the belief that she will change her mind. I also like this laidy a lot. I need sincere answers pleaeeessss.
You are a zonal chairman. your zoning is not born again
Re: A Call For Advice by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 07, 2015
Ok, but why would you wanna do that, "hang on"? Are you game meat? tongue

Listen, you can't make someone "change her mind" about these kind of things, unless of course you wanna be her fallback guy, 2nd option for when the relationship with her 1st option bombs. The chances of that happening are also highly unlikely, if not just to use you.

Sounds like you've spent a considerable amount of time together. Enough time imo, for her to realise if there's an attraction between the two of you or not. There probably isn't, hence she point blank told you that she won't be leaving him for you. Learn to listen. Believe what she is saying. In short, move on. She's told you where you stand, hanging around will be a monumental waste of time & a risk of making you look like a desperado-that's not attractive. Move on, go find a date & if it happens that you're both single in the future & SHE WANTS YOU (very important), then maybe you can date.
Re: A Call For Advice by Pheals(f): 11:12am On Dec 07, 2015
Was it When you have a problem U open Nairaland account

well leave her or what again U need her for
Re: A Call For Advice by firstking01(m): 11:14am On Dec 07, 2015
Friendzone and kissing....hmmm...maka wait small here wetin others get to talk.
Re: A Call For Advice by pcoolioz(m): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2015
she took me out ONCE, we kissed a couple of times... not nack self... then she says shes not leaving her bf foe u... dude u even spoilt it already, no more kisses for u + would u want a girl who left someone else for u? how are u sure she won't do same to u
? IMO if she dosnt wanna date u, stop giving her bf behavior... move on fam
Re: A Call For Advice by BlueScholar(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2015
She actually looking to hook up with you not get into a relationship with you. Since obviously that's not what you're looking for you should move on by. Cutting her off or keeping her at arms length

And you should know that once you start that she might lie to you with love blah blah blah 'cos she won't like to lose what's feeding her emotions and all that.

You should open your eyes and do the right thing, move on.
Re: A Call For Advice by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2015
coolio321:

Hahahahaha! Wrapped with a chick? Drama, drama, drama! cheesy
Why should you hang on? Are you a wussy? grin

There are so many girls out there who are looking for guys. Just go pick one and you feel alright. And whenever she calls you and wanna hangout, tell her NO! She's lost her chance with you. Period! cheesy She'll then start chasing you and now you can decide what to do to her. cheesy
Re: A Call For Advice by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
She offered you friendship with benefit, you want more than that. when she turns u to Maga now, u will run here to narrate how u were scammed.
Re: A Call For Advice by Olasco93: 12:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
OP, it's even better to start as Friends. A friend not because of a selfish reason. Sometimes, girls just need some time to conclude in their heart before the agree to your Application, while some girls really don't know what they NEED, and they go for WANT and before they could realize this fian.. it's already late and you the guy have gotten a berra Chick and they become jealous...

(1) (Reply)

Embarra$$ing $ex Questions People Are Afraid To Talk About / Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? / What It Takes To Be A Matured Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.