Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi (62285 Views)

Tobi Philips Dating Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi? / Ooni Adeyeye-Ogunwusi Remarries As Marriage Crashes - SDK (Photo) / Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi’s Palace & Golden Throne (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ModiKen(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
its called preserving our culture .. All those are the jobs of governors ..and for tourist attraction

Queen of england is still the most reserved monarch in the world but does she do any of those thing you posted up there? No? Cos that is the work of prime minister ...

Preservation of culture, yes I do appreciate that especially in this age where westernization is slowly eating into our African cultures and traditions in the name of globalization.

But with all the hype given to this Ooni stuff, I thought he wld have a more direct impact on the lives of the people of Ife in particular and the Yorubas in general, like build schools, assist widows, run a charity to cater for the needy in the Yoruba land, e.t.c

Anyway, I'm not Yoruba was just curious to know why the Ooni title is hyped this way.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by dapsonlou(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2015
Pamelayoung:
Please what's so special abt this Ooni of ife he seems to be more recognised than the other traditional rulers

Because he is now the head of all Yoruba Speaking People and the head of all the Yoruba king. He's a direct descendent of Odudua

1 Like

Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by dapsonlou(m): 11:34am On Dec 09, 2015
ModiKen:

Preservation of culture, yes I do appreciate that especially in this age where westernization is slowly eating into our African cultures and traditions in the name of globalization.

But with all the hype given to this Ooni stuff, I thought he wld have a more direct impact on the lives of the people of Ife in particular and the Yorubas in general, like build schools, assist widows, run a charity to cater for the needy in the Yoruba land, e.t.c

Anyway, I'm not Yoruba was just curious to know why the Ooni title is hyped this way.

Because he is now the head of all Yoruba Speaking People and the head of all the Yoruba king. He's a direct descendent of Odudua
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by Sweetlemon(f): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2015
dapsonlou:

Wow! That's rich! I thought the Alaafin of Oyo was just as powerful.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ModiKen(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2015
dapsonlou:

@bolded.......really

Well if una wey b Yoruba talk am, who am I to argue.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ThisMeansWAR: 11:55am On Dec 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:

The world, not Africa. Stop deceiving yourself.

Mention 5 African Kings with only one wife let's see. To make matters worse this one has only one child. A girl for that matter! My dear, leave that thing. Even if Kabiyesi does not marry again, EVEN IF, he will have mistresses that will bear him more kids.
most yoruba christian kings have one oloris ... E.g olubadan ... I agreed that african s have not completely moved away from that expect few educated ones..

But this oni is educated, and also a christian I think ...
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by playboy19(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
ModiKen:

You call building schools and giving people basic amenities crap?

I would assume it was a mistake.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation but I expected a more direct impact on the lives of the people due to all the hype given to the position.

BTW, if u dey busy for work, then why u kom dey use one eye dey look NL.

I dey suspect u.... cool tongue

Yes I called it crap (in the Nigerian context) cos without the right fundamentals, a school is a just a piece of real estate instead of being a facility where people are built to better the future.

Look, one of the biggest problem we have in this country is "sincerity of purpose". How many schools built in this country was built to truly build and prepare people for the advancement of our future? What is the difference between the first set of tertiary institutions in Nigeria and the modern ones. Why do we have the chinua achibes (did u read his book, There was a country? Did you read the descriptions of the schools back then), the wole Soyinkas and the likes emanate from those schools and can hardly find a new age graduate with half a brain?

What we have today are just pieces of real estates called school and make-believe/for-the-camera borehole projects instead of a true source of life which the water projects are suppose to be for. So my statement wasn't a mistake, it is what it is, fact.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ThisMeansWAR: 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
ModiKen:

you still dont get it ..
The hype came from the fact that oni is one of the most respected kings in Yoruba land ...
People wanna know everything that goes on in there..

Queen of england will not give you free education or build schools or all those things you mentioned up their for the british just like ooni ... Its the job of prime ministers and public office holders ...but still people wanna know everything that goes on in the palace. Remember when the prince of england had his wedding? It was like Obama won election ..every news outlet in the world was awash with the news ... Imagine if the queen dies today... Till next year, all the news you will be hearing will be about the queen..

Shey you get my point now?

1 Like

Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ModiKen(m): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
you still dont get it ..
The hype came from the fact that oni is one of the most respected kings in Yoruba land ...
People wanna know everything that goes on in there..

Queen of england will not give you free education or build schools or all those things you mentioned up their for the british just like ooni ... Its the job of prime ministers and public office holders ...but still people wanna know everything that goes on in the palace. Remember when the prince of england had his wedding? It was like Obama won election ..every news outlet in the world was awash with the news ... Imagine if the queen dies today... Till next year, all the news you will be hearing will be about the queen..

Shey you get my point now?

Yes I do get ur point.

BTW, the Queen of England has got charities to help the less priviledged, does the Ooni of Ife have such too?
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ThisMeansWAR: 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
ModiKen:

Yes I do get ur point.

BTW, the Queen of England has got charities to help the less priviledged, does the Ooni of Ife have such too?
hr just became oonii ... Let's see what he will achieve during his time as the king .. Afterall, he is gonna be there till he dies ..
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by Sweetlemon(f): 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
most yoruba christian kings have one oloris ... E.g olubadan ... I agreed that african s have not completely moved away from that expect few educated ones..

But this oni is educated, and also a christian I think ...

And all their kids are from the same woman? Chai! Na wa for you o.

Most Nigerian first class kings are more educated than some professors FYI.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ModiKen(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
playboy19:

Yes I called it crap (in the Nigerian context) cos without the right fundamentals, a school is a just a piece of real estate instead of being a facility where people are built to better the future.

Look, one of the biggest problem we have in this country is "sincerity of purpose". How many schools built in this country was built to truly build and prepare people for the advancement of our future? What is the difference between the first set of tertiary institutions in Nigeria and the modern ones. Why do we have the chinua achibes (did u read his book, There was a country? Did you read the descriptions of the schools back then), the wole Soyinkas and the likes emanate from those schools and can hardly find a new age graduate with half a brain?

What we have today are just pieces of real estates called school and make-believe/for-the-camera borehole projects instead of a true source of life which the water projects are suppose to be for. So my statement wasn't a mistake, it is what it is, fact.

I cannot fault ur arguement cos in the Nigerian context its the truth.

Well said.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by Pamelayoung: 12:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
dapsonlou:

Wow! Thats a big one. Tnx 4d info.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ThisMeansWAR: 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:

And all their kids are from the same woman? Chai! Na wa for you o.

Most Nigerian first class kings are more educated than some professors FYI.
lol yes ... I just gave you olubadan .. Google olubadan now ... He is almost a pastor self ..
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by Guk: 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
chinchum:
The couple had the child as teenagers. Oba was 19, and mother was 16/17.

The Olori (Wife) is not the mother of the Daughter. She is the Step Mother. She was not even known to the new Ooni when he was 19.

The daughter just graduated this year as well
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by nnowu(f): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
The lady in white is definitely not the mom,did she give birth to her the day she was born undecided
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ModiKen(m): 1:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
hr just became oonii ... Let's see what he will achieve during his time as the king .. Afterall, he is gonna be there till he dies ..

Ok.

I sidon wit pop corn dey watch d man wit 3D glasses.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by Sweetlemon(f): 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
ThisMeansWAR:
lol yes ... I just gave you olubadan .. Google olubadan now ... He is almost a pastor self ..

My dear leave Pastor alone. Just mark my words, during his burial you will see all his children wink
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by temietope01(m): 2:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
bukit05:
Who is d wife and who is d daughter?

I was also asking my self
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by dapsonlou(m): 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:

No the Ooni is the Owners that's the translation.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by fizziea(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2015
Pamelayoung:
Please what's so special abt this Ooni of ife he seems to be more recognised than the other traditional rulers
Ile-Ife is the origin of Yorubas. also, ooni is the custodian of the Yoruba culture. so dat makes ooni the Oba awon Oba of Yoruba kingdom.. shey u grab?
even the alaffin still dey learn ni
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by dapsonlou(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:

All Yoruba Originated from Ile-Ife , So Ooni is the Head of All Yoruba Kings. Oyo was the Most Powerful Kingdom back then, Making the Alaafin the Most Powerful and Feared. Since those days are Over, the Ooni rain Supreme.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by ThisMeansWAR: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Sweetlemon:

My dear leave Pastor alone. Just mark my words, during his burial you will see all his children wink
wink wink
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by goldendollars(f): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2015
bukit05:
Who is d wife and who is d daughter?

This is not his daughter. that is the Queen's friend from secondary school who provided the fabrics and the name of her clothing line is lolar fabrics as inscribed on the pictures. compare this pic with the graduation pic.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by LOZENGE(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
ibisko04:

Very good for him. This is the gain of early parenthood.
When you are 40 your first child is half your age.
If not for the economic situation in the country, it would have be the best.
wish I had one or more at that age bracket too.
Re: The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi by LOZENGE(m): 9:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
MhizRonny:

That Girl still looks older than 21yrs
am not d op neither have I seen the daughter. Just said what I heard from him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

15 Top Rated International Musicians Of Yoruba Descent (Old and Contemporary) / Olori Chanel Chin: Why I Recorded Oluwo's Atrocities Inside The Palace / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi, Becomes Emir, Drops Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.