Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) (21850 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

Very well LARRYDKING, it is not to me going by what persist in the Nigeria society.
"UNEMPLOYMENT", that is the word and not just because there are no jobs but because there are no qualities to take over the jobs. In my submissions i differentiated between graduate and quintessential graduate, and Ade is a graduate according to our society now. If you want to be employed then you must give more than you learned in class.

Even the Educational bodies in Nigeria agrees with me and that is why they introduced ENTREPRENEURIAL courses as an alternative to what you learn in class. Mind you that is a new innovation that is yet to produce a result.

Thank You.

Yet to produce any result? I took entrepreneurship as a course when I was in the poly and have a certificate for it. some of my friends now make soaps, bags and sandals from the knowledge gained. I think we should give credit to the institution for providing facilities to enhance the practical knowledge.

some schools offer same course and their graduates have nothing to show for it eg all private polys. In one way or the other, our institutions play a large role in making us.

thank u.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:

You Guys have done a good job.... The winner will be declare soon..

I concur to your idea of a comeback. Its really an interesting topic that needs more dealings than we have done. I would expect to see that through another platform. I would love to come over the topic again and thank you for this Sir!
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

It is LASU not UNILAG. Lol!

He knows, it wasn't a mistake. grin

1 Like

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
asanwaph:
Sorry about the mix up with the school name. My question is yet to be answered at timidlaw. Thanks

It's Timidelaw... Adjust the name. So he can get a mention...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

I concur to your idea of a comeback. Its really an interesting topic that needs more dealings than we have done. I would expect to see that through another platform. I would love to come over the topic again and thank you for this Sir!

Well done...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Yet to produce any result? I took entrepreneurship as a course when I was in the poly and have a certificate for it. some of my friends now make soaps, bags and sandals from the knowledge gained. I think we should give credit to the institution for providing facilities to enhance the practical knowledge.

some schools offer same course and their graduates have nothing to show for it eg all private polys. In one way or the other, our institutions play a large role in making us.

thank u.

I agree totally LARRYDKING. But what am saying is what you are saying, let me quote you; "some schools offer same course and their graduates have nothing to show for it eg all private polys"

let me drop my typing fingers with that.

Thank You.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:

thank u.

Most outstanding inventors and men in history never had formal education. Infact, the ancient period was more of self education and discovery, case in point, Archimedes, Socrates, DaVinci, etc.... Does this not show educational institutions as a whole is overrated
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by emaculate99: 5:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nunushokoto, are you saying that you learnt everything you know in school? It is no secret that most Nigerian universities use archaic curriculum, and whatever is learnt by the students in such schools will be archaic. Moreover, there are some things that the school has failed to teach us, the school only teach us the rules of success but does not teach us what it takes to be successful which is "struggle" that's learnt outside the walls of the school. What is your take about this?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

I agree totally LARRYDKING. But what am saying is what you are saying, let me quote you; "some schools offer same course and their graduates have nothing to show for it eg all private polys"

let me drop my typing fingers with that.

Thank You.

That's because the school I attended has enough facilities. Didn't u read that?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:
Please participants clear up all questions, we are rounding up... 20mims more....
You haven't locked this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2820065/nairaland-interschool-debate-team-5#up
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
ahmanim:
@ horlapelumi, do you think a quintessential graduate is 100% a student's effort?

NO SIR
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nunushokoto sighted Oga you get plenty questions to attend to please do... wink wink
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
Freemanan:

Most outstanding inventors and men in history never had formal education. Infact, the ancient period was more of self education and discovery, case in point, Archimedes, Socrates, DaVinci, etc.... Does this not show educational institutions as a whole is overrated

U could be outstanding too staying at home without formal education, why did u choose to go to school?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Timidelaw(m): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2015
asanwaph:
My question goes to timidlaw. If you are saying that the quintessential graduate is a product of self development, why then do we have list of top Nigerian universities and not the list of top Nigerian student? Why did you choose to attend unilag instead being at home and get your certificate at the end of the day?

OK, Thanks for the question. In my main arguement, the question have been answered. However, the inst is meant to be a place to make or produce quintessential graduates, but have failed. We have universities rated in the other of the extent to which they have failed to meet to the standard. That's the list produced. A platform is always needed to produce a graduate, and our institutions have done that. Just that as have stated earlier, the university have failed and cannot produce a quintessential graduate. Also I attend the institution with the hope to get knowledge. But at the end of it all, I do more of the work. That's only how a quintessential graduate can be made.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

You haven't locked this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2820065/nairaland-interschool-debate-team-5#up

Lol wow thanks for that...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by sammyscholar(m): 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

Awesome!!!! First I have 5 years to use in the University, My Great Lasu.

As much as i have written to support my claims, i have never painted any institutions black. Maybe you should have cautioned the organizers at the first place for bringing up such topic which i believe must have ignite something in everyone today including you or blame them for giving me that side to handle (no offence though). I said that to say, you school didn't teach you to use nairaland neither does mine but here you are reading and learning. In summary, no school is bad, they can only give what they have but students have the choice of giving themselves betters and that is difference between graduates and quintessential graduates.

Thank you
Given a stance, that in reality, is not your position/belief is not enough to fault this debate.

Now, to my question.

It is no news to all and sundry that some of the employers out there have preference for graduates of certain schools. What can you say about that? What has those schools done differently. What have they imparted into their students? Is it just a coincidence that their students quintessential - the school has imparted nothing?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:

U could be outstanding too staying at home without formal education, why did u choose to go to school?
I went to school because of societal adjustment to the belief that higher institutions guarantee good jobs....

Answer my question please.

Thanks
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by emaculate99: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
Timidelaw, we have different kinds of students. Some students can learn on their own without any institution to guide them while some cannot. Are you trying to tell me that those students who cannot learn on their own without the help of institution can become quintessential graduate?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
I am enjoying this, but however it's coming in late. We have just 3mins to the end of this CLASH OF PAST WINNERS...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Judges we await your result...

Send to
Xynerise
Freemanan

Nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com

Thanks sir...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
6pm...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
Freemanan:

I went to school because of societal adjustment to the belief that higher institutions guarantee good jobs....

Answer my question please.

Thanks

If u went to sch due to societal adjustment, that's misplacement of priority, sir.

Ur question is a rhetoric one, it doesn't call for an answer.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:

If u went to sch due to societal adjustment, that's misplacement of priority, sir.

Ur question is a rhetorical one, it doesn't call for an answer.
Okay.

Thanks
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Ur question is a rhetorical one, it doesn't call for an answer.
I hope you won't be using shorthand tomorrow? Hmm
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:
Judges we await your result...

Send to
Xynerise
Freemanan

Nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com

Thanks sir...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:
6pm...

We have come to the end of this debate, all thanks to our participants, this debate won't have come up of you guys didn't show up, to the judges thank you both the ones that showed up and the ones that didn't I believe there is always a reason for such, but I believe informing us of your absent before time will go a long way to help, to our audience that took their time to read we love you all... The winner will be declare once I receive the score from the judges....

Nairaland Interschool debate Don start be that... The first stage of this year's edition commences tommoorw 12pm
Same section.

Don't miss out.

Thanks

Fynestboi:
TEAM 2
Topic: Media:: a panacea for global terrorism.
UNILAG (Support) cleared
UNIPORT (Oppose)
DELSU (Support)
YABATECH (Oppose) cleared

Judges: Naijadeyhia, MaziOmenuko
Coordinating: Luxanne

Date: 27th December 2015
Time: 12noon

TEAM 6
Corruption is a societal evil crippling
our country Nigeria; who takes the most
blame our leaders or the followers?.
UNIUYO Leaders
UNILORIN Followers
UNIJOS Leaders
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN Followers
NU Leaders

Judging: KingTom, Adesiji77
Coordinating: fattbabakay
Date: 27th December
Time: 4pm

I believe the above schools are set to ignite NAIRALAND EDUCATION SECTION AND NAIRALAND AS A WHOLE with their ESSAY? Expect a reminder from the TEAMNISD...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

I'll try not to.

1 Like

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
sammyscholar:
Given a stance, that in reality, is not your position/belief is not enough to fault this debate.

Now, to my question.

It is no news to all and sundry that some of the employers out there have preference for graduates of certain schools. What can you say about that? What has those schools done differently. What have they imparted into their students? Is it just a coincidence that their students quintessential - the school has imparted nothing?

The reason for the preferential treatment is not for me to decide sir! but i see that as glory from name rather than quality.

Thank you
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 6:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
FrancisTony:

There won't be rebuttal tommoorw sir. It is strictly essay submission...

1 Like

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by sammyscholar(m): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

The reason for the preferential treatment is not for me to decide sir! but i see that as glory from name rather than quality.

Thank you
ok, thank you.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Sorry i dropped that late.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Do we need result sef to declare the winner? Lol grin grin

TEAM LASU GOOD JOB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturer Dismissed For Exposing Corruption In Yabatech / Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors / I Want To Download "New School Physics" By M.w .anyakoha -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.