Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) (21841 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals: Winner:: Unilorin: / Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Winner: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
Holarpelumi, are u by any means limiting education in institutions to gns and mth? Don't u think life lessons are learnt frm the institutions too?

secondly, is the institution limited to tertiary alone? Don't u think secondary and primary schools are institutions too.?

Though, I can't graduate from a secondary sch but having a broad view of it, it starts from the primary institution of education.

1 Like

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
As the questions appears please participants do justice to them... Unanswered questions attracts mark deduction from the team's total mark.. .
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by xynerise: 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice arguments so far, you guys gave good points.

Nunushokoto, you were actually making good points until you got to the last paragraph where you ended up contradicting yourself.

Let me ask, if a student's failure was as a result of his/her lackadaisical attitude towards studying despite being groomed by the institution, don't you think the institution is not really imparting motivated lessons on the student?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice one from one of our judges.... smiley

Nunushokoto if you are still around please kindly reply the question...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:
Holarpelumi, are u by any means limiting education in institutions to gns and mth? Don't u think life lessons are learnt frm the institutions too?

secondly, is the institution limited to tertiary alone? Don't u think secondary and primary schools are institutions too.?

Thank you for the questions

First,( I stand to be corrected) I beleive according to the Nigeria society including its usage of the word "GRADUATE", It means a person who has gone through the primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.

Furthermore, with my submissions above, i never limited education in institutions to gns and maths and that was why i used the 'Ade story' but as much as it is not about gns and maths, it is for students to discover and the institution won't spell that out for you.

1 Like

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

First,( I stand to be corrected) I beleive according to the Nigeria society including its usage of the word "GRADUATE", It means a person who has gone through the primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.

Furthermore, with my submissions above, i never limited education in institutions to gns and maths and that was why i used the 'Ade story' but as much as it is not about gns and maths, it is for students to discover and the institution won't spell that out for you.

Ade must
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
If there is still any other questions please ask...

Judges can start compiling the score... When available please send to.

Xynerise
Freemanan

Nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by ahmanim: 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
@ horlapelumi, do you think a quintessential graduate is 100% a student's effort?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by sammyscholar(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:
All this are facts that speak for themselves, audibly and sound, visibly and clear in one tone, unity and accord. Why give credit to institutional settings that has only over time evolved regressively while the society rapidly evolves progressively. I stand on my motion, firm and unshaken, willing not to be moved by words that claim that Quintessential Nigeria Graduate are products of the institutions rather than self developments.
going by your write-up, are you telling us that our institutions play no part, whatsoever, in the quintessential of our students/graduates? If that is the case, why then are you a student in such institution that you have so badly painted? Why have you chosen to waste four years in the structure you know have no part to play in your developmental process? Isn't that funny?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:
I believe our audience are busy feasting on the argument from TEAM Lasu and that of TEAM FUNAAB...

Judges any questions?

Freemanan
Xynerise
MaziOmenuko
DONSMITH123

Nope...
Will wait for my topic/session
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Odunharry(m): 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
cheesy #TeamLasu
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

Don't u think Ade's case is one in a million? Do u agree that institution is a community where students influence one another's behaviour?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

Also, life lessons are to be learn't from our institutions and that is why we all need not to be restricted to the four walls of the university, that is, what the school gives us but we can actually turn this situations around for our good.It is called 'thinking outside the box' If you don't mind i will like to prescribe an article from one blogger for you. Do well to visit inspirationalkits..com and read "The other side of your stories".

Thank you
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by asanwaph: 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
My question goes to Timidelaw If you are saying that the quintessential graduate is a product of self development, why then do we have list of top Nigerian universities and not the list of top Nigerian student? Why did you choose to attend unilag instead being at home and get your certificate at the end of the day?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi have you changed my topic?

My name isnt suppose to be up there.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
Freemanan:
Fynestboi have you changed my topic?

My name isnt suppose to be up there.

Chaii.... It's sir... This thread was opened before the second one you will be featuring in...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by sammyscholar(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Are you saying the students should be totally spoon fed by the institutions?
horlapelumi:

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
asanwaph:
My question goes to timidlaw. If you are saying that the quintessential graduate is a product of self development, why then do we have list of top Nigerian universities and not the list of top Nigerian student? Why did you choose to attend unilag instead being at home and get your certificate at the end of the day?
It is LASU not UNILAG. Lol!
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
sammyscholar:
going by your write-up, are you telling us that our institutions play no part, whatsoever, in the quintessential of our students/graduates? If that is the case, why then are you a student in such institution that you have so badly painted? Why have you chosen to waste four years in the structure you know have no part to play in your developmental process? Isn't that funny?

Awesome!!!! First I have 5 years to use in the University, My Great Lasu.

As much as i have written to support my claims, i have never painted any institutions black. Maybe you should have cautioned the organizers at the first place for bringing up such topic which i believe must have ignite something in everyone today including you or blame them for giving me that side to handle (no offence though). I said that to say, you school didn't teach you to use nairaland neither does mine but here you are reading and learning. In summary, no school is bad, they can only give what they have but students have the choice of giving themselves betters and that is difference between graduates and quintessential graduates.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:

Chaii.... It's sir... This thread was opened before the second one you will be featuring in...

My apologies.
I believe I am already late.
I will make up for it on the 28th
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
I am enjoying this Sammyscholar and team LASU. Also LARRYDKING... kiss
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Freemanan:

My apologies.
I believe I am already late.
I will make up for it on the 28th

You can still go through the argument sir... For your grading...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:

You can still go through the argument sir... For your grading...
On it then.
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Freemanan:

On it then.

OK sir....

Nairalandinterschooldebate@gmail.com
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by sammyscholar(m): 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice question
asanwaph:
My question goes to Timidelaw. If you are saying that the quintessential graduate is a product of self development, why then do we have list of top Nigerian universities and not the list of top Nigerian student? Why did you choose to attend unilag instead being at home and get your certificate at the end of the day?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Don't u think Ade's case is one in a million? Do u agree that institution is a community where students influence one another's behaviour

Very well LARRYDKING, it is not to me going by what persist in the Nigeria society.
"UNEMPLOYMENT", that is the word and not just because there are no jobs but because there are no qualities to take over the jobs. In my submissions i differentiated between graduate and quintessential graduate, and Ade is a graduate according to our society now. If you want to be employed then you must give more than you learned in class.

Even the Educational bodies in Nigeria agrees with me and that is why they introduced ENTREPRENEURIAL courses as an alternative to what you learn in class. Mind you that is a new innovation that is yet to produce a result.

Thank You.

3 Likes

Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
This topic didn't get the supposed rebuttal I envisaged so a come back on this topic is inevitable...
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by horlapelumi(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
Fynestboi:
This topic didn't get the supposed rebuttal I envisaged so a come back on this topic is inevitable...

So what do you think?
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
horlapelumi:

So what do you think?

You Guys have done a good job.... The winner will be declare soon..
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Fynestboi: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
Please participants clear up all questions, we are rounding up... 20mims more....
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by asanwaph: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Sorry about the mix up with the school name. My question is yet to be answered at timidlaw. Thanks
Re: TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Really nice battle so far..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Universities In Nigeria Remain Tuition-Free - Dele Alake / JAMB 2015/2016 UTME Registration Officially Begins / Six Kinds Of freshers You Will Find In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.