Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (60972 Views)

Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / August Salaries For Federal Workers May Be Delayed / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by SSaemoenl(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Biafrans said they are going base on the amalgamation date and nothing more. Marginalize or not. Nigeria is already an expired country.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Sweetguy25:
This is a terrible lie.

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by eaccyboy(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Lusola15:
89000 civil servant for a population of 170million. Plz does dis include d NA. NAF. NN. Police and other para or just core civil servant

Is okey
oboy I tire ooo...youths must stand up to fight dis old foolz...atleast FG shld b paying 1mil altogether...common less 100k to pay na to dey talk talk
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Ugosample(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
so every thread is now an avenue for tribalism and gloating ? Nairaland has indeed gone to the dogs every sad.

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
porigho:
What do the biafrans have to. Say now?

GET SOME SENSE

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by bukster(f): 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hearme:

That list does not contain the armed forces, Police Universities, Polythechnics, COE, and other paramilitary forces not counted as civil servants. The number will sky rocket for the northernerns in this areas (Military and Paramilitary)
You're are acting as if we are doing the Northerners a favour by allowing them to join military and paramilitary units. Only the desperate and the poor join them in Nigeria. The only reason that Nigeria's military is highly ranked in Africa is because we have a large number of soldiers. Northerns are doing is a favour by joining the army because of they didn't then no one else will.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by PassingShot(m): 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
Mrbllymer:
Those states you mentioned r north central not core north mostly not d so called hausas.
You don't have to tell me this.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by oc2fish: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2015
I am from Delta state. In my town i know of only one federal worker. In my local govt i know another two. Where did you get the number. I served in Gashia Yobe state all the people in Gashua receive salary in the local Government. Tell me what i dont know.

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by PassingShot(m): 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2015
monex:

Lagos with 2180 is not surprising. they are talking about state of origin not population. Most Lagosians are not from Lagos hence ogun ondo osun oyo are higher. the average easterner you see is from Imo. notice Enugu is also small just like Lagos.

on your second point, I have been saying it. Northerners get an easier ride into Public service than other regions but that is because there are relatively so few of them qualified/applying compared to the south. in fact if not for a little bit of federal character, you would have had more ridiculously low numbers for the north.
Tell us the population of real Lagosians.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by chrisogaga: 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2015
This is a pictorial description of Federal Civil servants..Shared by Gbenga Sesan on DR Joe twitter acct. Brought to you by CHRIS UBIOWORO.

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by obstead200(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2015
Adelaide2:
THIS IS A FAKE LIST WHERE IS NAF, POLICE, CUSTOMS, NA, NAVY ETC?
[size=13pt][b]
this list is as fake as the existence of santa claus.

This cannot be the size of the entire federal civil service. it is far above this figure. it is probably the size of civil servants resident and paying their taxes in the FCT. Other than that, I will just say it is the number of people that responded to a certain online survey. The twitter handle obviously released this list with a very mischievious intent.

In a country where employment into the civil service is based purely on quota, connections, and granting of political favours, one should ask; since the early 80s, which ethnic group is largest in Nigeria? which group holds the greatest number of sits in the senate and house of reps? which group are most represented in the federal executive council? there is only one answer to all these.........the hausa/fulani. One should therefore expect that there people will be most represented in the federal civil service. and, believe me, if u are well travelled in this country expecially in the civil service circle, u will see that they are fully represented. they are greater in number.
[/b][/size]
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by slapandfall(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ok Ghost workers list nkor..

Total staff. 70million
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by biodunid: 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Pls note no SE or SW state in the red zone while most oyel producers are down there as well as most of the North. They should just join hands and beat up those two zones which are milking naija dry smiley

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by LVStone(m): 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2015
I don't know the the intention of the OP but its wrong to relate every piece of information to tribalism.

The earlier we get that as Nigerians the United we will be.
#TEAMONENIGERIA
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by LVStone(m): 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
I don't know the intention of the OP,but its wrong to relate every piece of information on nairaland to Trib@lism.

#TEAMONENIGERIA
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Caliph69: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
For a country of over 160 million, the federal has less than 90,000 civil servants in her payroll. That's about 0.05625%
We will surely get there.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by biodunid: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Is local govt FGN? And if Delta has only 4k federal civil servants how many did you expect to be in your family?

oc2fish:
I am from Delta state. In my town i know of only one federal worker. In my local govt i know another two. Where did you get the number. I served in Gashia Yobe state all the people in Gashua receive salary in the local Government. Tell me what i dont know.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Mrbllymer: 2:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Abagworo:

That doesn't justify the 700 from a State of 14million while a State of 5 million has almost 6000. The reason is because Kano people have less interest in Government job which of course is good.
what do you expect? You dnt expect Everythng to be justifiable even in advance countries! Population doesnt depict qualification. Level of qualification partially equal to level of opportunities available (white collar jobs)
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by obstead200(m): 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
bukster:

You're are acting as if we are doing the Northerners a favour by allowing them to join military and paramilitary units. Only the desperate and the poor join them in Nigeria. The only reason that Nigeria's military is highly ranked in Africa is because we have a large number of soldiers. Northerns are doing is a favour by joining the army because of they didn't then no one else will.
please dont be so biased.
all over nigeria u will find hundreds of thousands of people willing to join the military today today if u ask them to.
what the person u quoted said is very true. Go to the parastatals and paramilatary and u will find an ocean of northerners. some parastatals are fully occupied and controlled by them.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Keystonn: 2:31pm On Dec 11, 2015
This is for the Yoruba bigots shouting Biafra how far up and down... This is it by region

SW = 19,420

SE = 16,540

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by biodunid: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
This is about surfacing the real facts about naija so we know those who are truly marginalised instead of the loudest wailers getting further undeserved concessions from those already downtrodden. Let IPOB come out with its counter facts.

LVStone:
I don't know the the intention of the OP but its wrong to relate every piece of information to tribalism.

The earlier we get that as Nigerians the United we will be.
#TEAMONENIGERIA
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Mrbllymer: 2:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:

wouldnt have, had it been it wsnt mentiond in your previous assertion.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by kevinugwu(m): 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2015
@op. This revelation is good & on time. However, it will better if others agencies as well as appointments by the federal government are also brought on the table. Its then we see where and which part is over favored.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Mrbllymer: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:

wouldnt have, had it been it wsnt mentiond in your previous assertion. Like segregating the states to its zones.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Allann(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
chesterlee:
This kinda proves that IMO state produces more graduates yearly than other states..

Proudly IMO Star!!!!

Employment should be based on quota system and not on the number of graduates produced by each state. I believe that in naija of today, every state can fill its quota if academic qualification is followed. However, it is normal to have such imbalances here and there once in a while. The only problem is when some people think they must bring hell down whenever they feel marginalised.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by dabossman(m): 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
MARGINALIZATION must surely be mentioned several times on this thread. Let me go and read comments to confirm. tongue
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by chidinwachukwu(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
sheedy407:

The Director General of Bureau Of Public Civil Service Dr Joe Abah just at today 11/12/2015 released the exact numbers of Federal Civil Service staffs by origin.
He released the numbers via his twitter handle.
Below are the number level

@sheedy407

Imo state came first with 5825 staffs working in the federal
Kogi State came second with 5186 staffs working in Federal level

Total numbers of federal staffs stands at 89511

Propaganda at its Peak.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by chidinwachukwu(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
sheedy407:

The Director General of Bureau Of Public Civil Service Dr Joe Abah just at today 11/12/2015 released the exact numbers of Federal Civil Service staffs by origin.
He released the numbers via his twitter handle.
Below are the number level

@sheedy407

Imo state came first with 5825 staffs working in the federal
Kogi State came second with 5186 staffs working in Federal level

Total numbers of federal staffs stands at 89511

Propaganda at its Peak. Why don't. You release those of. Paramilitary,NNPC EtC.lets see
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by baby124: 2:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
BraniacX:

let's pretend my claims were allegations and spurious, so prove me wrong, prove to me that the awori's, ilaje's and egun among other indigenous populations constitute up to 30% of the resident yoruba population in lagos and 10% the total resident population! remember am differentiating resident from indigenous and yoruba here.
You must be drunk this morning. Lmao. 10%? Buhahahha. I can't even argue with you. It will be pointless.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Willymani: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
I hope the biafrans are reading this
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by BraniacX(m): 2:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
bukster:

You changed your statement. Initially you said that Lagos has the lowest of indigenous population in Nigeria. This is false. There are definitely other states in Nigeria with a lower total indiginous population such as Bayelsa and Eboniyi.
I agree with your new statement that the ratio of indigenous to total residents in Lagos is probably the lowest in Nigeria. Lagos is the only state in Nigeria where the number of people who come to the state is higher than the number of people who are originally from there. This isn't because the Lagos indigenous population is small but because the number of migrants is ridiculously high. Lagos grows at a rate of 600,000 people per year.
read my statement very well, I wasn't implying anything other than a comparative analysis between total resident and indigenous resident

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election / Photo Of Gallant Soilder Who Was Killed On Feb 14 During Boko Haram Attack. / Saraki At Abuja Airport Dragging His Box Under The Rain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.