Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,927 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (60867 Views)

Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / August Salaries For Federal Workers May Be Delayed / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by AlanTuring: 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
oc2fish:
I am from Delta state. In my town i know of only one federal worker. In my local govt i know another two. Where did you get the number. I served in Gashia Yobe state all the people in Gashua receive salary in the local Government. Tell me what i dont know.
Workers in the federal civil service is what is being considered here and you're talking about people receiving salary from local govt. Local govts are directly under the state govt. So we can safely say the people you're talking about are state govt workers. What of people from your town that are not resident in your town. How would you know if they work for the FG or not? or are u telling me you know everyone that comes from your local govt both home and abroad?
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Sunjos: 6:32pm On Dec 11, 2015
Na waoooo.... See FCT own abeg..... End time job formula.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by santuse: 6:58pm On Dec 11, 2015
noted
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by FabioPeter: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
Abagworo:

What you wrote has some truth but Imo State has by far the highest number of graduates in Nigeria. For the past 30years nearly 10% of yearly graduate output has been from Imo State. Make your enquiries and add that to your knowledge of Nigeria.

Please state the source of this your intresting statistic.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by FabioPeter: 7:02pm On Dec 11, 2015
Whatever happened to federal character? Pun intended.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by inlandtaipan: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
FG has less than 100k workers?

Lies from the pit of hell, ApC I hail thee.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Adagba1: 7:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
guest12345:
KOGI STATE 5180+ NA WAOOOO.... IGALA PPL WELL DONE... ONE MAN CERTIFICATE SERVING 10 PPL. TOO BAD.
I supppose something is wrong with your head
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by LastProphet: 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2015
dockokwus:
What's the background to this release because I don't understand how this helps anybody.Instead,it wud open up further cracks and further riffs in an already suspicious gathering of bigots in the contraption called nigeria.
Who even asked him!

He is from Ebonyi - a southerner so he is not against Ibos! And he is even a very very correct man - worked for him before during a project

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by webtroller: 7:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
Brugge:

I am using it for a project.
I've got 1991as well as 2006 in my email.
How would you like to get it?
You can post your email here
and I will send it to you.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Mbediogu(m): 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:
Lagos with just 2180 is surprising.
Imo with over 5000 FG civil servants is eye opening.

Generally, more FG civil servants in the South than in the North (averagely speaking). Yet we all brag that those Nortgerners only rely on FG.

If fewer of them work with the government, does it not tell us majority fend for themselves? If anything, it's their politicians and leaders who enjoy the largesse while the commoners bear the brunt of poor leadership, same as majority of Nigerians.

You would have homed ur point if u also listed them in cadres. I know that most permSecs and Directors are not from Imo.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by dockokwus: 7:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
LastProphet:

He is from Ebonyi - a southerner so he is not against Ibos! And he is even a very very correct man - worked for him before during a project
Why he has to release it is what I don't understand.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Bigii(m): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
Igbos are too selfish. Even when you give them all they will still be shouting 'marginalisation'... Give them Biafra today, they will kill themselves all before one year fighting for who will control.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by LastProphet: 8:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
dockokwus:

Why he has to release it is what I don't understand.

yeah the aim isn't clear sha but its a good information which can douse many misconceptions

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by murtalaa(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Za'ayi bura uba kenan.

So who are the real parasites and leeches now, huh?

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Chinachriss(m): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
Lakeland4321:
You are not correct, Delta state has since overtaken them from the mid nineties. Jamb and nysc records can easily confirm this. You are still using gov.mbakwe's days performance to rank 21st century nigeria
You are mendacious. Which Delta overtook Imo? Why not dig up data than stop deceiving yourself? Imo has been leading and it's no boasting but fact!

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Kirigidi(m): 8:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
Lusola15:
89000 civil servant for a population of 170million. Plz does dis include d NA. NAF. NN. Police and other para or just core civil servant

Is okey
I think d operatives of d NA, NN, NAF, NPF, NSCDC, NPS, nd even Immigratn service, ar calld "public servants" nd not "civil servants". Military nd paramilitary organisatns ar not normally counted as part of d "Civil Service Commission". I think d Nigeria Police Force alone has over 100,000 personnel.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by jamjo: 8:50pm On Dec 11, 2015
johnmartus:
IGBO SHOULD SEEK FOR FORGIVENESS FROM NIGERIAN PARTICULARLY HAUSA PEOPE

Why should the IBOS seek for forgiveness from Nigerians and Hasusas , Really are for real because of this uncompleted list ? Now the person who put out this list together, what was his criteria how many ministries did he include or excluded army , navy, police air force and customs are they included in this list, this agencies are also included as civil servants i hope you know that. Looking at this list no Nigerian in his/her right mind will not know that this list is incomplete . And i believe that army and police alone are more then 89 thousand + as this list want us to believe.
Please we don't need to seek forgiveness from anybody or tribe for what is entitled to us or any tribe for that matter.You are crying now my state Imo have the highest number from this uncompleted list and you will even cry your eyes out if Nigeria will start doing things on merit instead of this stupid quota system.

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
modath:

How can you be talking what you don't know

Less than 40% of civil servants are graduates...

Ibos are a small fraction of the graduate workforce..

The people receiving minum wage up to level 7 are what? ? & wake up from that slumber that Imo has the highest number of graduates, you can only claim that when it is between the SS/SE, you hia ba

If you insist on arguing, Civil service commission is right beside customs office in Wuse Zone 5/7, you need to pay them a visit....

Must you drag everything to the ethnic alter, what's wrong with you people please?
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2015
webtroller:

I've got 1991as well as 2006 in my email.
How would you like to get it?
You can post your email here
and I will send it to you.

Thanks a lot may God bless you. send it to teamtim@mail.com.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Chigold101(m): 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
that is a lie...to gain admission to NDA their is th sam quota for ach state...dony say what you don't know.it is equal amount of candidate by state..and NDA is free!!!....what you can say is that they can influence candidates admission ..not quota..ngwanu take note
what is the quota? What number does each state has as quota?
Talking trash... Biafran lost the civil war and must be tamed. That's what's happening.
Tell me how many student every state or region has to send to NDA.

It is a must for one to Five credits including maths and English, how many northerners makes five credits in SSSCE?
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Chigold101(m): 10:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
dabossman:

Stop for a moment with the propaganda and be honest with yourself. Most southern parents are more interested in seeing their kids become Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Accountants and what not than having them join the military. We are more interested in seeing our kids get a University education than going into the Army. I have also worked in a military barracks before some 12 years ago and had dealings with officers and soldiers alike. You even tend to have more Southerners in the officers corp than you have among the soldiers. We simply gave control of the military to them by our actions and inactions.
I don't want to go into an argument that makes no sense.
Southerners especially Ndigbo did many things after the civil war just to find their footings. Nigerian government under general Gowon did not recruit any Igbo into the army for a long time. Ndigbo went into trading because they have to make a living after what the federal government did. If you remember, you will know that then Ndigbo do not go to school because there was no money to send one to school.
Today that has changed. If joinning the military is like joining any other thing ndi igbo would have taken over the military. But it is not.
Look at what happened to customs recently. Make you research and you will see how many feom the north that was promoted and none from the east...

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by chigoizie7(m): 11:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:
Lagos with just 2180 is surprising.
Imo with over 5000 FG civil servants is eye opening.

Generally, more FG civil servants in the South than in the North (averagely speaking). Yet we all brag that those Nortgerners only rely on FG.

If fewer of them work with the government, does it not tell us majority fend for themselves? If anything, it's their politicians and leaders who enjoy the largesse while the commoners bear the brunt of poor leadership, same as majority of Nigerians.

Are u this myopic to know that northerners do not go to skul in majority? So, what would have been logical to you is when FG employs incompetent staff just because they are northerners? Naija will always be great when fools like you will stop depending on quota system and depending on the calibre of an employer and the ability to do the job as a professional.

How u wan make all those people wey no like to de go skul to occupy most of the FG vacancies in FG civil service commission?

I smh for you.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by webtroller: 11:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
Brugge:

Thanks a lot may God bless you. send it to teamtim@mail.com.
Sent it, amen.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by gawu1: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
chinchum:
That is why figures and facts are sacred and sacrosanct. The easy line of thought is that FG civil service is populated by Northerners, but this facts shows the reverse is the case. Although, i know this does not include the military and para military.
Do you know what? Should that of the military and para military released today you will still get those types of comments, of course. On most issues we argue and talk without facts. We often hear such road side talks that northerners depend entirely on government for their survival, northerners are lazy, northerners don't go school, etc. Some would even tell you that people from south are more intelligence than our brothers from north. But just ask them their facts or sources, you will never get one than normal ranting. We are such beclouded by our primordial sentiment that we see and view everything from religion, tribal, or ethnic perspectives. If it's not my own I must put asunder!
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
gawu1:

Do you know what? Should that of the military and para military released today you will still get those types of comments, of course. On most issues we argue and talk without facts. We often hear such road side talks that northerners depend entirely on government for their survival, northerners are lazy, northerners don't go school, etc. Some would even tell you that people from south are more intelligence than our brothers from north. But just ask them their facts or sources, you will never get one than normal ranting. We are such beclouded by our primordial sentiment that we see and view everything from religion, tribal, or ethnic perspectives. If it's not my own I must put asunder!

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/pages/download/254
https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

https://www.nairaland.com/2522113/omitted-truth-debunking-lies...nigeria-states

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

https://www.nairaland.com/2671323/anambra-students-win-science-exhibition

https://www.nairaland.com/503406/nigerian-student-achieves-best-2010

https://www.nairaland.com/2613463/igbos-most-brilliant-black-african
The full study can be found here:
http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/

https://www.nairaland.com/2614116/uzoamaka-aduba-wins-emmy-role#38226903

https://www.nairaland.com/2550536/reflection-ndiigbo-eastern-region#37305184

https://www.nairaland.com/2767644/anambra-state-billionaires-state-highest

https://www.nairaland.com/2724451/dominance-igbo-tribe-nigeria-football
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by mikolo80: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2015
modath:

Did i hear marginalization !!!

Only Ebonyi get mouth to talk ooo!!

Una rest, just STAND BACK!!lipsrsealed
No mind them.make we see the Idiots wen go shout marginalisation again.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by dabossman(m): 12:36am On Dec 12, 2015
Chigold101:
I don't want to go into an argument that makes no sense.
Southerners especially Ndigbo did many things after the civil war just to find their footings. Nigerian government under general Gowon did not recruit any Igbo into the army for a long time. Ndigbo went into trading because they have to make a living after what the federal government did. If you remember, you will know that then Ndigbo do not go to school because there was no money to send one to school.
Today that has changed. If joinning the military is like joining any other thing ndi igbo would have taken over the military. But it is not.
Look at what happened to customs recently. Make you research and you will see how many feom the north that was promoted and none from the east...

Guy, even I am not ready for argument. Gowon was kicked out in 1975, just about 6 years after the civil war ended. Since then we have had several governments, both military and civilian. Have we not had Ndigbo officers in the top echelon of the military? Generals, Vice Admirals, Chief of Naval Staff, Chief of Air Staff, etc that could have influenced recruitments to favour their kinsmen? If majority of Ndigbo wanted to join the army they would have done so, but they chose a different option. This may be because the average Igbo man is largely independent and may not be interested in joining a force where he will be saying "yes sir, yes sir" to someone. Owning their own business and being their own boss appeals more to them. Even you cannot deny that fact. We practically left the military for the Northerners.

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by porka: 12:43am On Dec 12, 2015
What about the armed forces, the paramilitary and security agencies?

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by babyfaceafrica: 6:29am On Dec 12, 2015
Chigold101:
what is the quota? What number does each state has as quota?
Talking trash... Biafran lost the civil war and must be tamed. That's what's happening.
Tell me how many student every state or region has to send to NDA.

It is a must for one to Five credits including maths and English, how many northerners makes five credits in SSSCE?
your last question is shameful?...so you believe you are better than northerner..I geuss you have never met an intelligent one..all you meet are truchpushers and gatemen..to your first question its 5...but its higher for short service
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by veesion: 6:42am On Dec 12, 2015
CHEAP PROPAGANDA,TELL US WHAT IS HAPPENING IN ALL THE JUICY GVT AGENCIES PARASTATALS AND DPTMTS INCLUDING THE NIGERIA CUSTOMS NAVY ARMY POLICE, FIRS,INCLUDING NAMES OF MOST SENIOR OFFICERS FROM 1970 UNA MOUTH GO OPEN FORGET THESE PETTY WORKERS IF AT ALL FIGURES ARE REAL THE NORTH WHICH DUBIOUSLY HAVE MORE NO OF UNPRODUCTIVE STATES STILL SURPASSES THE SOUTH IN NOS IF U STILL JUDGE BY NOS,NOT FORGETN THE FRAUD CALLD CENSUS,THEY WILL JUST CARVE OUT ONE DESERT AND CALL IT STATE mtcheew TELL US ALSO THE NO OF NOS OF FEDERAL PROJECTS BY STATES IN NIJA SINCE 70 OYA COME ON

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by veesion: 7:09am On Dec 12, 2015
D WORST THING NIGERIA DID TO THE IBOS AFTER THAT WAR WAS TO CLAIM OUR PROPERTIES AND REDUCE D PURCHASING POWER OF EVERY IBO MAN TO 20 POUNDS ADDING MORE SALT TO OUR INJURY THEN THEREAFTER ALMOST IMMEDIATELY INTRODUCED THE INDIGINISATION POLICY FOR THOSE THAT MAY NOT KNOW INDIGINISATION POLICY IS A POLICY THAT ALLOWS INDIGENS OF A COUNTRY TO BUY UP AND OWN ALL OR MAJORITY OF SHARES IN A FOREIGN COMPANY IN UR COUNTRY. AFTER WICKEDLY REDUCING THE PURCHASING POWER OF THE IBO MAN TO 20 POUNDS THEY IMMEDIATELY BROUGHT UP THE PLAN I tell u no be small thing them do ibo man in dis NIGERIA it explains why YORUBAS OWN mORE shares in many OF THE BLUE CHIP COMPANIES IN NIGERIA LIKE COCA COLA GUINNESS 7UP FRIESLAND CAMPAIGNER ETC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Celebration In Enugu As Father Mbaka Reappears (Video) / Emmanuel Udom Receives Buhari, Oshiomhole In Uyo (Photos) / Raymond Dokpesi Escapes Assassination In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.