Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service (60873 Views)

Federal Workers Earn More Than NASS Members – Zakari Mohammed / August Salaries For Federal Workers May Be Delayed / Anambra Governor, Obiano Increases Salary Of State Workers By 15% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by dabossman(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2015
LadyExcellency:

Instead ask for cogent and verifiable link/source or publication.

Is Army. Police, Immigration and Customs inclusive? If Yes, ask no further, it is super fake

The North is bound to have more people in the Forces, but it is not because of any fault of theirs. The truth is most of us from the South (SW, SE, SS) would not readily join the armed forces. We feel we are too educated and too sophisticated for that. I know of a few people whose families actually barred and strongly discouraged from joining the NDA after they finished secondary school, not to now talk of finishing higher education and saying you want to join Army, Navy, Customs etc. They will just call a family meeting on your case.

The reverse is the case in the North though. They consider the armed forces as a place of prestige. Also, the less educated can easily get into the Armed forces, and you will agree that the North is under-educated. It is only now because of the high rate of unemployment that people from the South are now considering the Forces as a means of steady income.

6 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by BraniacX(m): 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
baby124:

You must be drunk this morning. Lmao. 10%? Buhahahha. I can't even argue with you. It will be pointless.

we are not arguing here, we are both trying to prove points and waiting to be convinced by you that my assertion is wrong
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2015
oc2fish:
I am from Delta state. In my town i know of only one federal worker. In my local govt i know another two. Where did you get the number. I served in Gashia Yobe state all the people in Gashua receive salary in the local Government. Tell me what i dont know.
Its clearly stated in d topic dis is a list of d federal civil service. Reading comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by dabossman(m): 2:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
obstead200:
please dont be so biased.
all over nigeria u will find hundreds of thousands of people[b] willing to join the military today today[/b] if u ask them to.
what the person u quoted said is very true. Go to the parastatals and paramilatary and u will find an ocean of northerners. some parastatals are fully occupied and controlled by them.

Yes "today today" because of increasing rates of unemployment. But was that the case say 10, 15, 20 years ago?
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by jaybee(f): 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:
Lagos with just 2180 is surprising.
Imo with over 5000 FG civil servants is eye opening.

Generally, more FG civil servants in the South than in the North (averagely speaking). Yet we all brag that those Nortgerners only rely on FG.

If fewer of them work with the government, does it not tell us majority fend for themselves? If anything, it's their politicians and leaders who enjoy the largesse while the commoners bear the brunt of poor leadership, same as majority of Nigerians.

come on the majority of Lagosians are actually indigenes of other states and claim their respective states on their employment status.

Comparatively, the number is even very high for their meager population.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by emmaelectelect(m): 2:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
Can we have those of the MDAs too, dont forget CBN, NNPC, PTI etc
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by onyemarcus: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
can somebody help us with the list of ARMY, AIRFORCE, NAVY list pls
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by ThisMeansWAR: 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
chesterlee:

How many graduates can you find in a state like Zamfara or Kebbi?

The issue is that most of their few graduates get the Job automatically without stress...While the same can't be said about States in the South
what about Lagos and other sw states ..

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by VickyRichmond(m): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2015
THIS ACCOUNT @DrJoeAbah DOESNOT EXIST.THIS IS A FAKE NEWS.MARGINALIZATION IS STILL TAKING PLACE IN THE FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICE...LIES LIES EVERYWHERE! ! !
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by jaybee(f): 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Adelaide2:
THIS IS A FAKE LIST WHERE IS NAF, POLICE, CUSTOMS, NA, NAVY ETC?

What a blockhead you are?? this is CIVIL SERVICE; NOT ARMED FORCES. mumu

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Lalaity: 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2015
sheedy407:
What is Akwa Ibom doing with over 4000 Federal Civil Servants.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by lankieman: 3:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
And their offices? angry
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Chukazu: 3:22pm On Dec 11, 2015
porshuch:
And they said the north dominated the whole federal civil service.

Finally I Stan with ONE NIGERIA.

can you juxtapose that with those in Nigerian army,Navy,Airforce, custom, and immigration been controlled perpetually from pple of the North
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Ghost01(m): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2015
Adelaide2:

Imo has the highest number if graduates. Many civil servants are graduates. Do the math. Lagos has the lowest population of indigenes in Nigeria. Most Lagosians were from other states.
Proper employment into the Federal Civil Service should normally have nothing to do with number of graduates produced by states, but by the dictates of the federal character principle.

Always knew the federal character ish na scam though. And this confirms it!
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Lakeland4321: 3:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
Abagworo:

What you wrote has some truth but Imo State has by far the highest number of graduates in Nigeria. For the past 30years nearly 10% of yearly graduate output has been from Imo State. Make your enquiries and add that to your knowledge of Nigeria.
You are not correct, Delta state has since overtaken them from the mid nineties. Jamb and nysc records can easily confirm this. You are still using gov.mbakwe's days performance to rank 21st century nigeria
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Chukazu: 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
jaybee:

What a blockhead you are?? this is CIVIL SERVICE; NOT ARMED FORCES. mumu
no need for insult ;raise your argument not your voice
and we are talking about employment and federal "character " so we can as well check every single agency and positions and stop scratching the surface
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by biodunid: 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
You lie. I follow the account: https://twitter.com/DrJoeAbah

VickyRichmond:
THIS ACCOUNT @DrJoeAbah DOESNOT EXIST.THIS IS A FAKE NEWS.MARGINALIZATION IS STILL TAKING PLACE IN THE FEDERAL CIVIL SERVICE...LIES LIES EVERYWHERE! ! !

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Junior66(m): 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
oc2fish:
I am from Delta state. In my town i know of only one federal worker. In my local govt i know another two. Where did you get the number. I served in Gashia Yobe state all the people in Gashua receive salary in the local Government. Tell me what i dont know.
bros na wa for you o. Are u telling us that you know all the federal workers from your village/local govt/state? And u know only three? Meaning you dnt know any soldier man, policeman or other para-military from your zone. Easy with the lies abeg. Haba! Secondly, the fact that most northerners you know work in the local govt does not count. How many of them do you know that work in the federal civil service??
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by bigfrancis21: 3:39pm On Dec 11, 2015
This list is a politically calculated move to 'impress' on gullible ones about an all-inclusive Nigerian government, albeit a tactical move to present a facade that a certain tribe in Nigeria is 'well involved' in the Nigerian government. This is coming against a backdrop of accusations of marginalization and suppression of the Nigerian government since 1967 against this certain tribe.

Nobody should buy into this list, definitely not members of this certain tribe. If for nothing, this list does not prove anything neither has it succeeded in proving that the Nigerian Federal Scheme of things is fair and just.

5 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Ghost01(m): 3:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
If you doubt the 'marginalisation ' of northern states as pertains to entry into some Federal MDAs, take at look at the recent admission into the Nigeria Police Academy as published in some national dailies recently. While some states got 11 of their indigenes in (with an additional 3 on stand-by), States like Zamfara and the likes had only 5, 6, 7 of their indigenes admitted. Federal character my foot!

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by AnanseK(m): 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2015
And the wailing easterners will say they are marginalized.

I can't wait for them to go to Biafra so that Nigerians can fill in those positions.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
[size=18pt]OP, this report is totally deceptive and misleading!!!
Kindly stratify by grade level and by State. I can imagine that some states with huge numbers as messengers and cooks. Kindly drill down to at least grade levels.

Again as someone noted, does this include Police, Armed Forces, para-military, etc?[/size]
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Ghost01(m): 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
Caliph69:
For a country of over 160 million, the federal has less than 90,000 civil servants in her payroll. That's about 0.05625%
We will surely get there.
The term "civil service", in administrative parlance, refers only to the Ministries and offices like that of the HOS. Hence, civil servants are those who work directly in ministries. While a policeman, an immigration officer, an NNPC employees and a Customs officer are all government employees, they are public servants, not civil servants. The federal workforce is larger than what is cited in the original post. It covers only the federal civil service.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Junior66(m): 3:49pm On Dec 11, 2015
obstead200:
[size=13pt][b]
this list is as fake as the existence of santa claus.

This cannot be the size of the entire federal civil service. it is far above this figure. it is probably the size of civil servants resident and paying their taxes in the FCT. Other than that, I will just say it is the number of people that responded to a certain online survey. The twitter handle obviously released this list with a very mischievious intent.

In a country where employment into the civil service is based purely on quota, connections, and granting of political favours, one should ask; since the early 80s, which ethnic group is largest in Nigeria? which group holds the greatest number of sits in the senate and house of reps? which group are most represented in the federal executive council? there is only one answer to all these.........the hausa/fulani. One should therefore expect that there people will be most represented in the federal civil service. and, believe me, if u are well travelled in this country expecially in the civil service circle, u will see that they are fully represented. they are greater in number.
[/b][/size]
. It is people like you that count Kwara, Kogi and Benue as Fulani/Hausa states. Most of the people you claim dominate our political sphere are just minority tribes from the middle-belt/northern Nigeria zone, eg IBB, Atiku, Gowon, Shagari, TY Danjuma, David Mark, Saraki etc. None of them is an Hausa or Fulani man. The largest ethnic group in Nigeria if you actually care to research (and stop reading Hausa-politicised news)is not even the Hausa people, neither is it the Fulani people. It is the Yoruba people.
The six north-central states plus Abuja and the six north-eatern states do not have Hausa people. All the North-central states states and virtually all states in Nigeria have Fulanis. I will stop here.

2 Likes

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2015
Misleading writeup by fake mutum. Kano and Lagos state with their population of over 10million each don't have up to 5000 federal civil servants? When it comes to census they apportion bogus numbers to them.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2015
Ghost01:
If you doubt the 'marginalisation ' of northern states as pertains to entry into some Federal MDAs, take at look at the recent admission into the Nigeria Police Academy as published in some national dailies recently. While some states got 11 of their indigenes in (with an additional 3 on stand-by), States like Zamfara and the likes had only 5, 6, 7 of their indigenes admitted. Federal character my foot!
Marginalization of the north my foot. This shows that those who claim to have population of over 10million only do so to lay claim to larger share of national cake e.g Kano with about 44 LGAs
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by Junior66(m): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2015
jaybee:

come on the majority of Lagosians are actually indigenes of other states and claim their respective states on their employment status.

Comparatively, the number is even very high for their meager population.
For your small mind, Lagos indegenes are not up to say, 1million abi? Because na non-indegenes dominate am. Abeg reason am again and discover your folly. Lagos has more than 20million people and you cant tell me the indegenes are not up to at least 3 million there.

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by EasternLeopard: 4:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
StOla:
So all these poeple who are falsely crying about marginalisation would finally lose the jobs they claim not to have?

No wonder many do not want to return to Biafra.

Even Kanu will wish he had remained in UK instead of coming to Nigeria and receiving the DSS hospitality.

Biafrans should bury their heads in shame.

SEUN can you see this poster insulting the Biafrans

If tomorrow the Biafrans return fire on this forum, I hope you won't complain

SEUN hide the comment of the poster I quoted

1 Like

Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by superduperjay: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
Junior66:

For your small mind, Lagos indegenes are not up to say, 1million abi? Because na non-indegenes dominate am. Abeg reason am again and discover your folly. Lagos has more than 20million people and you cant tell me the indegenes are not up to at least 3 million there.
you are right lagos indigenes are between 2 to 4million I found out from the small time I spent working with the state government,though not accurate but that range.
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by EasternLeopard: 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2015
porshuch:
yes o ! I don't want Biafra, with what I hv acquired already in Nigeria. Abeg I no fit start my life afresh becos of this Biafra. Nke mmadu ibidokwa uwa Na isi maka Biafra.

I will say it again,
Biafra agitators are ppl without bearing.( ndi owuite( broke ppl))

SEUN hide this post

This is one of those guys who stir up the Biafrans to fight back
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by StOla: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2015
EasternLeopard:

SEUN can you see this poster insulting the Biafrans

If tomorrow the Biafrans return fire on this forum, I hope you won't complain

SEUN hide the comment of the poster I quoted

Take my case to the ICC or British parliament.

By the way, what is a Biafran like you still doing here?
Re: Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service by chrisblack: 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2015
Adelaide2:
THIS IS A FAKE LIST WHERE IS NAF, POLICE, CUSTOMS, NA, NAVY ETC?
keep shut.we all know that we southerners don't really like joining the military or paramilitary organization.the rush is just of recent and its due to shortage of jobs.the northerners over the years have been at the fore front of military jobs.they are more dispose those than we southerners who would prefer being a doctor than a soldier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Celebration In Enugu As Father Mbaka Reappears (Video) / Buhari Summons Tinubu, Ambode / Buhari And Okorocha Watching Nigerian-Cameroon Match: Spot The Difference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.