Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? (27285 Views)

I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Tinubu And The Parable Of The ‘first Supper’-by Mohammed Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by lookingfly: 10:51am On Dec 15, 2015
prettyboi1:
People are just being too impatient,that's the major problem. Even though by God's Grace, I have faith in Buhari's government, I am not a sycophant. I would praise when need be and I would criticize when need be...after all my loyalty is to Nigeria as a country and not to any man. However, in running a country, 7 months is damn too small to even see any visible changes (especially when so many problems were inherited from a previous government ). The hard truth is that even 2 years is still too small to see very visible results. The most likely thing after 2 years is that a lot of ground work, networking and alliances would have been made and visible enough for the people to appreciate that government is on a right path, so let's all be patient, objective and patriotic.
Secondly, people saying the country is grounded cos of the president's anti-corruption campaign are getting it all wrong. Nigeria's major source of revenue (cos of our 'mono-economy') is oil and the prices of oil are so freaking low that we can all casually stroll out and buy a barrell for ourselves. Lol. Now,government needs money to run the country alongside the small change it gets from oil now. That need has prompted government to follow our stolen monies while also blocking existing loopholes in the system that made it so easy to steal public money in previous times. Look at the attempts to recover looted public funds as 'diversifying the economy' rather than that 'parable' up there.

God Bless Nigeria.
can you tell me why prior to hand over by Gej to pmb we never had the trouble we having now and when pmb is becomes president, Nigeria is overwhelmed with problems. Your next excuse will be a low price of fuel sales but that doesn't stop pmb from spending huge amounts of monies on flights so on right.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by MalcoImX: 10:53am On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
@Gaborone,
What the 'ficticious agbero' boss is saying is if he has a business and the OP decides to steal a huge chunk of what constitute his business capital and assets, he, the boss will simply carry on without raising much alarm or chasing him even in the face of an unfavourable market condition that crippling his current business operation. Pls use your sense, GEJ should defend himself and not one liar giving us fable.
Maybe we should invite PDP and Gej to come tell Buhari how to do it with oyel selling at $30+/barrel. Of course the economy was going to have a false feel of it bloosoming with the way GEJ shared monies. If i was a market trader selling clothes aso oke, aso ebi, food stuff, shoes, decoration, doing sovenirs, or service provider renting out halls, doing its decor, handling events, i will probably say Jonathan handled things better because corruption proceeds like those $250k(N50) he shared to kings b4 election trickled down to the market people i mentioned, but knowing what i know, i tell you Buhari is easily 5-6 times better.
I am complaining too, because you have to earn every kobo you get and some leaks to get easy money has been blocked; but I also understand that those complaining the most are into some shady deals and are only lamenting on the loss of those easy ways.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by lookingfly: 11:01am On Dec 15, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
seriously! Corruption turns the economy into a basket, there's nothing you can do to fill it water until you plug all the holes...Nigeria is in much need of a cultural revolution, have you ever gone out to chat with the average Nigerian youth? Bros nobody cares about the country every one is looking for how to make it and not just make it o, I lavita loca make it. Not only must the corrupt be brought to justice, there must be a public show, display, live coverage, media fan fare etc. to demonstrate to all that we would no longer tolerate the subversion of our collective resources. I'm not a fan of Bubu by a long shot, but on this point, he's right on.
you mean corrupt individuals must be brought to justice in public glare the way pmb shamefully shielded corrupt amaechi into becoming minister.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by SamJed(m): 11:02am On Dec 15, 2015
ElCapone:
Mr I guess its you who needs to receive sense here, are yhu telling us that you blind to what his officers did when he was in power, we still dat arms deal issue, money meant 4 arms was diverted for campaign purposes by ur clueless hero, see the lives of civilians and soldiers lost as a result of this looting, yet yhu come on here and rant abt stupid awards and recognition. Take it or leave, history wld always judge jonathan and his cohorts for bringing Nigeria to its knees. All we passing through rite nw is as a result of his 6 yrs of cluelessness!!!!
under that 6 years of supposed cluelessness was the economy in the mess that it is now? Was fuel so scarce? Were workers been downsized regularly as it is now? If you are a salary earner, was your salary delayed till 12th of the next month of which you people celebrate whenever it is been paid? Were investors leaving because of unfriendly environment? U think Dasuki's case is just based on corruption and not witch hunting? Dasuki was among the people sent to arrest buhari when his government was overthrown so this is a very good avenue of pay back and not the supposed media trials...amaechi was accused of spending state money as a governor, why is he not been probed? Fashola's website caused stir, why wasn't it probed the way dasuki is been probed...buhari accused GEJ of acquiring 10 presidential aircrafts saying that it is a waste of resources in maintaining them yet since he became president not even 1 of them has been sold and you won't see that one....in the supposed era of cluelessness, your life was better than this... instead of you to say the truth you will be living in hypocrisy
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Kgdavid(m): 11:02am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

grin grin grin
I found the bolded really funny.

Please get your facts right. Between 1960 - 1999, about $400Billion has been stolen from Nigeria. I don't know about 2000 - 2015, but I know its going to be a small fraction of that. Now, lets be realistic: supposing our President is able to recover a part of this at the end of the day (let's say $50Billion), how far will that take Nigeria, if by then, all investors have gone, and the economy has finally crumbled. How many years' budget will that take care of, since we now place the budget and drive the economy through recovered funds?

And I don't want to even talk about revenue drives, or presentations, or meetings, or committees, what I want to talk about is RESULTS. We've seen too much cheese dangling in the past, so much so that we are not moved till these 'drives' that churning out results.

Most of you don't seem to understand that while funds recovery is an important part of the anti-corruption drive, the main focus is to ensure that all arms of government function efficiently and to forestall the culture of corruption that has eaten so deep into Nigeria. Your bosses analogy is a grossly inadequate comparison.

PMB has not shut up shop, he has appointed ministers to handle economic policy as should be done. As for firms that are winding up due to "unfavorable business environment" it seems ridiculous to me, to blame that on PMB. Why? because no serious firm winds up their business within 6 months of experiencing an "unfavorable business environment". In a country like Nigeria where you know for certain that we are bound to bounce back?

I am not too conversant with the economic policies of the past administration so i won't comment much further than this, but you will need to drop more solid figure than your bosses analogy, to convince me. Show for example, hw PMB's policiy have directly or indirectly created a business environment that is unfavorable for any one industry, and then provide stats to show how many foregin firms in that industry are packing up to go home. I would love to see such an analysis.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by strykr: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2015
achiphet:
Lets think like weve left the industrial age for once. The current hardship is 50% buharis fault and 50% the drop in oil prices fault. We live in a monoeconomic Nigeria and the sole source of our country's income just went down by more than 70%......that means a '70%' slash in our economy and living standards, take it or leave it. But friends we are in the information age where u must not depend on the economy of ur country to make money, though its hard to leverage this 'fact', we must look for how to make the cash abroad and bring ii in to help this economy until Nigeria secures an alternative source of income. Ive found a one and will be happy to shear it with anybody that cares to ask. Gods grace

If you would be kind to share, I'm interested in knowing how you are making it without dependence on the economy.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Osezzua(m): 11:13am On Dec 15, 2015
jaybee3:
Your boss is actually very daft simply because he/she ridiculously forgot the key components of leadership.

Buhari has assembled and subsequently delegated the responsibilities of moving the country forward to his disciples (FEC)

Nigeria being broke means we have to generate income via other legal means.

Absolutely nothing wrong in asset recovery from past looters

Absolutely nothing wrong from sending a strong signal that it's not going to be business as usual

Everything is wrong with the myopic reasoning of letting by gone be by gone without doing a proper root cause analysis and in turn enacting strong institutions to fight the cancer called corruption

Guys I expect such a simple comparison to be easily comprehended. With no clear cut economic policies thus leaving investors undecided on wether to invest in our economic or not, is enough to have shut down our economy(shop). Our economy is shrinking what have we done to stop this? Jobs are being lost, salaries are getting slashed, unemployment rate is increasing, exchange rates are climbing, inflation is at all time high. We should start making noise about what we are doing to fix this issues rather than make noise in the media how 2.1 billion dollars was carted away by Dansuki n co only for them to be charged to court for a meagre 14 billion naira.

Tell us more about hw u hope to fix this shit caused by GEJ and spare us the extent of harm caused. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mahyowah(m): 11:15am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

The above is how my boss sees things right now, and I agree with him.

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

Now, what's your own take about what my boss said?

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

Cc: lalasticlala
well said. I hope this will get to him.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ElCapone(m): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2015
SamJed:
under that 6 years of supposed cluelessness was the economy in the mess that it is now? Was fuel so scarce? Were workers been downsized regularly as it is now? If you are a salary earner, was your salary delayed till 12th of the next month of which you people celebrate whenever it is been paid? Were investors leaving because of unfriendly environment? U think Dasuki's case is just based on corruption and not witch hunting? Dasuki was among the people sent to arrest buhari when his government was overthrown so this is a very good avenue of pay back and not the supposed media trials...amaechi was accused of spending state money as a governor, why is he not been probed? Fashola's website caused stir, why wasn't it probed the way dasuki is been probed...buhari accused GEJ of acquiring 10 presidential aircrafts saying that it is a waste of resources in maintaining them yet since he became president not even 1 of them has been sold and you won't see that one....in the supposed era of cluelessness, your life was better than this... instead of you to say the truth you will be living in hypocrisy
Lol, who brought us to our present state, who was in power b4 bubu. Plz go and get ur facts right, even a kid wld knw dat he is effing guilty, documents are there to show for it. Unless you are blind, Mr either you like it or not records are there show, so plz go and prepare another defence for ur clueless hero, he emptied our treasury thinking he wld come back, but I guess nigerians saw through his deciet, if yhu nt current enuff plz I advice to be cos only an enlightened person wld speak da way yhu. As for witch hunting, its only a witch who wld b afraid of a witch hunt.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Osezzua(m): 11:16am On Dec 15, 2015
jaybee3:
Your boss is actually very daft simply because he/she ridiculously forgot the key components of leadership.

Buhari has assembled and subsequently delegated the responsibilities of moving the country forward to his disciples (FEC)

Absolutely nothing wrong from sending a strong signal that it's not going to be business as usual

Everything is wrong with the myopic reasoning of letting by gone be by gone without doing a proper root cause analysis and in turn enacting strong institutions to fight the cancer called corruption

Guys I expect such a simple comparison to be easily comprehended. With no clear cut economic policies thus leaving investors undecided on wether to invest in our economic or not, is enough to have shut down our economy(shop). Our economy is shrinking what have we done to stop this? Jobs are being lost, salaries are getting slashed, unemployment rate is increasing, exchange rates are climbing, inflation is at all time high. We should start making noise about what we are doing to fix this issues rather than make noise in the media how 2.1 billion dollars was carted away by Dansuki n co only for them to be charged to court for a meagre 14 billion naira.

Tell us more about hw u hope to fix this shit caused by GEJ and spare us the extent of harm caused. Thanks.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Ayo25: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2015
Well then you the employees should start stealing from your boss and lets see whether your boss would put his money were his mouth is. How your boss ever thought he would perform better than the president if he gets the chance is beyond me. He must be a magician to be able to turn around many long time problems in six months. Lastly anybody still mentioning Jonathan need to take a hard long look at themselves.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 15, 2015
lookingfly:
you mean corrupt individuals must be brought to justice in public glare the way pmb shamefully shielded corrupt amaechi into becoming minister.
My friend, if your hands are clean, why are you shying from equity? If you're my political opponent and I take you to court for corruption, if you're not corrupt, why are you afraid of the Court? Besides, let me explain how redundant your argument is: All my friends steal too, why are you catching only me? Question: Because all your friends are thieves, does that justify stealing? Today Amaechi is safe because he's on the winning team, tomorrow he might be on the losing team and be sued to court for corruption...that is the beauty of the democratic process.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by billyG(m): 11:34am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

Yur Boss is a fool!How can u run an economy when d treasury is looted by paste govt. officials,is Buhari a magician?there ios no quick fix to any hailing economy ask Obama,how do u fetch water in a basket d prevoius admin. has been using without 1st making it water proof?d same Emefiele who open d Cbn vaults 2 looters is d 1 trying 2 block d effect of his incompetence,free fall of d naira,d remaining $ reserve cannot last 6mnths imports.all section of govt.is working,Tell yur boss 2 STFU.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by unite4real: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2015
Your boss is the type that thinks that, if given basket to fetch water, he will continue to pour more and more volumes of water into the basket, while buhari thinks that, you have to seal all the holes in the basket first before pouring water into it.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 15, 2015
unite4real:
Your boss is the type that thinks that, if given basket to fetch water, he will continue to pour more and more volumes of water into the basket, while buhari thinks that, you have to seal all the holes in the basket first before pouring water into it.

And you are the type that thinks that while plugging the holes, one should allow the basket as a whole to rot.

Have a nice day.

smiley
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by PROPHETmichael: 11:50am On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

[b]To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

[/b]

When next you see your boss, counter him with the parable of the lost sheep and the parable of the lost coin as told by Jesus and he will see that Buhari is doing exactly what Jesus would do; the only difference is that i know i know i know and i really know that Jesus will not leave his ninety nine sheep hungry while searching for one smiley

Luke 15
Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

The Parable of the Lost Coin
8 “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins[a] and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by 247notire(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Zoharariel:
@OP - Pls be sincere and tell me your boss is not an Igbo man.

They will never see anything wrong with the administration of Ebele - The accursed & Clueless inspite of the can of worms being opened by the EFCC.
Ur a zombie mister. Tell that to the 40% who voted for GEJ in the SW and all of the others who voted him. I have a feeling ur parents also voted GEJ so they think thru their anus too eh? Ur hopelessly silly man. Meanwhile, under his administration the masses lived well and in under 6 months we are all groaning. Maybe ur parents still feed u so u won't understand what we are saying. Lastly corruption did not star with the last administration for the information of ur thick skull, it has always been thr and the scale of embezzlement from IBB era to Abacha to Abdusalami to OBJ and Atiku is even 10 times more mind boggling. You are probably an indomie generation gay so u may have no idea. Keep being a zombie till Jesus comes. You need a brain reset.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by muchkay(m): 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
The scam called APC [change] have killed our economy to the extent that even the Christ embassy faithfuls who are the most positive people among us are now finding it so hard to clear their doubts .
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Zoharariel:
@OP - Pls be sincere and tell me your boss is not an Igbo man.

They will never see anything wrong with the administration of Ebele - The accursed & Clueless inspite of the can of worms being opened by the EFCC.
so anyone that criticize this present government is an Igbo man , hmmm your stupidity is overwhelming. I see you dnt really understand what the op's boss was trying to pass across ..

N.B yeah dnt quote me n start saying trash that am igbo, pls get your facts right ..
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Joewiezy: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
jaybee3:

Why can't he delegate the loot recovery then and focus on other things.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by jaybee3(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
Joewiezy:

Why can't he delegate the loot recovery then and focus on other things.

Are you being serious or you managed to sleep type?

Since when did buhari became the default head of EFCC?

EFCC woke up from its slumber because the current political climate frowns at anything corruption hence the reason why he appointed Magu to reinvigorate and refocus the energy of the organisation to satisfy her mandate
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by light004: 1:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
seriously! Corruption turns the economy into a basket, there's nothing you can do to fill it water until you plug all the holes...Nigeria is in much need of a cultural revolution, have you ever gone out to chat with the average Nigerian youth? Bros nobody cares about the country every one is looking for how to make it and not just make it o, I lavita loca make it. Not only must the corrupt be brought to justice, there must be a public show, display, live coverage, media fan fare etc. to demonstrate to all that we would no longer tolerate the subversion of our collective resources. I'm not a fan of Bubu by a long shot, but on this point, he's right on.

Guy, on a serious note, it's impossible to eradicate corruption totally anywhere in the world but it can be minimized to a considerable level. Nigeria is not the most corrupt country in the world and some of the most corrupt countries are highly productive than Nigeria and their economy is very robust. China is more corrupt than Nigeria with a tougher penalty on corruption than Nigeria.

The truth is we must address the root causes of corruption which are everywhere around us but we pretend they don't matter. Let me mention just a few:

1. Inequality: high income disparity, fractured justice system, the poor has no access to justice.

2. Lack of Opportunities: no access to finance, poor infrastructure, no jobs, bad business environment, etc

3. Low income wages: minimum wage N18,000, can a family of 3 survive on this for a month?

4. Poor Education: This is the main crux of the problem; an illiterate mind is a lose cannon. Good example is boko haram.

Fighting corruption is a noble idea but it must go along with other govt policies.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Deepfreezer(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

grin grin grin
I found the bolded really funny.

Please get your facts right. Between 1960 - 1999, about $400Billion has been stolen from Nigeria. I don't know about 2000 - 2015, but I know its going to be a small fraction of that. Now, lets be realistic: supposing our President is able to recover a part of this at the end of the day (let's say $50Billion), how far will that take Nigeria, if by then, all investors have gone, and the economy has finally crumbled. How many years' budget will that take care of, since we now place the budget and drive the economy through recovered funds?

And I don't want to even talk about revenue drives, or presentations, or meetings, or committees, what I want to talk about is RESULTS. We've seen too much cheese dangling in the past, so much so that we are not moved till these 'drives' that churning out results.
you are on point.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Deepfreezer(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
light004:

Guy, on a serious note, it's impossible to eradicate corruption totally anywhere in the world but it can be minimized to a considerable level. Nigeria is not the most corrupt country in the world and some of the most corrupt countries are highly productive than Nigeria and their economy is very robust. China is more corrupt than Nigeria with a tougher penalty on corruption than Nigeria.

The truth is we must address the root causes of corruption which are everywhere around us but we pretend they don't matter. Let me mention just a few:

1. Inequality: high income disparity, fractured justice system, the poor has no access to justice.

2. Lack of Opportunities: no access to finance, poor infrastructure, no jobs, bad business environment, etc

3. Low income wages: minimum wage N18,000, can a family of 3 survive on this for a month?

4. Poor Education: This is the main crux of the problem; an illiterate mind is a lose cannon. Good example is boko haram.

Fighting corruption is a noble idea but it must go along with other govt policies.
most of then fail to understand that.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
light004:

As you rightly noted Nigeria is not the most corrupt Nation in the world and corruption is everywhere, but so also are all the socio economic problems you mentioned...Nigeria's problem is unique however because even dog has become corrupt in Naija, all what everyone requires is an opportunity...even you if you get chance, you for don empty CBN by now...it just can't continue like that na..
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
nnachukz:
That your boss is his name FAYOSE or FFK? They reason alike and most times if not all times they make sense with their speeches. Well, I totally agree with your boss. We are suffering and smiling while everything is closed up.

Noted!
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by olad1954: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
hi Gaborone . i understand your boss analysis on the state of the Nigerian economy.my simple analysis is , let us take a basket(Nigeria) and we are trying to feel the basket with water(revenue earning) . but the water linking(corruption) . what do we do in this case? I rest my case.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by baralatie(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be igiven to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
olad1954:
hi Gaborone . i understand your boss analysis on the state of the Nigerian economy.my simple analysis is , let us take a basket(Nigeria) and we are trying to feel the basket with water(revenue earning) . but the water linking(corruption) . what do we do in this case? I rest my case.

Hello olad1954,

No one is saying Buhari shouldn't plug those holes if his intent is that the basket holds water; but its good sense that while at it, he ensures that the basket itself isn't destroyed one way or the other. Else, what would be the point if he ignores the fact that rot, termites are beginning to deal with the basket, and he chooses instead to put all his focus on blocking those holes? What use will the 'sealed' basket be when it's all rots and termites by the time he is done? Can he fetch anything good with that?

And then, the truth is, I'm not so sure why we're having this conversation, because in my original post, I stated that my boos didn't see President's Buhari's efforts at loot recovery as bad. I also stated somewhere that the benefits of same cannot be downplayed. All I said in that post was that, other areas were sounding the alarm, and they needed attending to as well. As such, I'm close to shocked seeing posters imply that the summary of the original post is that Buhari shouldn't give any attention to loot recovery. It's kind of funny to me.

It's been an interesting one on the thread anyway.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by baralatie(m): 1:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

Hello olad1954,

No one is saying Buhari shouldn't plug those holes if his intent is that the basket holds water; but its good sense that while at it, he ensures that the basket itself isn't destroyed one way or the other. Else, what would be the point if he ignores the fact that rot, termites are beginning to deal with the basket, and he chooses instead to put all his focus on blocking those holes? What use will the 'sealed' basket be when it's all rots and termites by the time he is done? Can he fetch anything good with that?

And then, the truth is, I'm not so sure why we're having this conversation, because in my original post, I stated that my boos didn't see President's Buhari's efforts at loot recovery as bad. I also stated somewhere that the benefits of same cannot be downplayed. All I said in that post was that, other areas were sounding the alarm, and they needed attending to as well. As such, I'm close to shocked seeing posters imply that the summary of the original post is that Buhari shouldn't give any attention to loot recovery. It's kind of funny to me.

It's been an interesting one on the thread anyway.

You have no idea how some people misunderstood your explanation on governance and economic delivery!
For some it has been the call for PMB not to neglect the economy but some people and PMB just won't let him face it.
7 months after the issues are starring at him,of which by now he should have successfully come out with an AA+.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
baralatie:

You have no idea how some people misunderstood your explanation on governance and economic delivery!
For some it has been the call for PMB not to neglect the economy but some people and PMB just won't let him face it.
7 months after the issues are starring at him, of which by now he should have successfully come out with an AA+.

Trust me, I saw that.

I even have cause to believe some read it upside down. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by crystalzoe: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
achiphet:
Lets think like weve left the industrial age for once. The current hardship is 50% buharis fault and 50% the drop in oil prices fault. We live in a monoeconomic Nigeria and the sole source of our country's income just went down by more than 70%......that means a '70%' slash in our economy and living standards, take it or leave it. But friends we are in the information age where u must not depend on the economy of ur country to make money, though its hard to leverage this 'fact', we must look for how to make the cash abroad and bring ii in to help this economy until Nigeria secures an alternative source of income. Ive found a one and will be happy to shear it with anybody that cares to ask. Gods grace
share with me pls. monapurified@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami / Bala Mohammed Bags Best Governor In The North & 2nd Place Nationally / Osinbajo: Igbo Apprenticeship Model Most Popular Way To Build Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.