Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? (27283 Views)

I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Tinubu And The Parable Of The ‘first Supper’-by Mohammed Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by coolscott(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
olad1954:
Gaborone quoting you "what would be the point if he ignores the fact that rot , termite are beginning to deal with the basket " these are the parts of the linking water that contaminate the basket . the president didn't neglect any sector of the economy or focus only on corruption.it will take time before we can see the result of his efforts. the oil price is so low now that the government cannot rely on it to run the country.so he needs to look else where for revenue. and the only place is to collect money(billions) from corrupt officials . things has to get worse before it gets better.
[size=13pt]If the only place he has to look for funds in looted funds, he does not qualify to be president.
Are you aware of how long it takes to recover just a million dollars of looted funds? What happens over the cause of all those months. If that is what the economy is waiting for, it will grind to a halt before "salvation" comes.
In any case, Buhari himself does not claim that is the hoped for source for funds to fund the economy.
This year's budget is bigger than last years and the way the govt is funding it is through borrowing .
That is the official position of the govt and the one they pursue.
Your statements here, from all indications, are just that - your statements
[/size]
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by coolscott(m): 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Gaborone:

It's so sad.

The other day too, an Aunt of mine was complaining of being stressed out, and I suggested she took a day or two off her leave days to rest. She didn't waste time in saying 'No, this is not the time for taking leave' shocked
The fear of losing jobs is real. When companies are not making as much, downsizing begins, and that's what's happening right now.

Someone was giving me an Economic 101 lecture the other day, and he was like it takes a period of about 6 months for the result of mass retrenchment to start showing. That right now, the I million or so Nigerians who have lost their jobs of recent would still be spending as much as they did while they had jobs, because of the savings which they have kept. But months from now, when their savings have run out, and they haven't found new jobs, they would begin to put their scale of preference in order, and cut down costs. When this happens, they would begin to consume less, and as a result, this would affect 'consumer' companies, because people are not buying as much. When people don't buy as much, company profit drops. When Company profits drop, more people are retrenched and investors would find nothing appealing in the country... and the ripple effect will continue.

I don't know... but at the end of the day, I pray for wisdom for those in government, because when they lack direction, the people suffer.
[size=13pt]Earlier this year, I went to collect my DealDey earnings from their office (although I knew I should make a request so they pay it into my account). I arrived at their office (in PH) and the place was locked. I asked a security guard to the complex where they had gone and he said he does not know.

I called the DealDey sales person assigned to me and he said they are not in PH anymore.
I pressed to know if it was because they weren't getting a justifiable amount of sales from the PH region.
He said no. It was because, the investors had decided to hold back a bit, given the uncertain economic direction. That was when Buhari was wasting time with ministerial appointments or defining a political direction
[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]Earlier this year, I went to collect my DealDey earnings from their office (although I knew I should make a request so they pay it into my account). I arrived at their office (in PH) and the place was locked. I asked a security guard to the complex where they had gone and he said he does not know.

I called the DealDey sales person assigned to me and he said they are not in PH anymore.
I pressed to know if it was because they weren't getting a justifiable amount of sales from the PH region.
He said no. It was because, the investors had decided to hold back a bit, given the uncertain economic direction. That was when Buhari was wasting time with ministerial appointment or defining a political direction
[/size]

The second quarter of the year is almost here, and we have in our hands, a lot more 'Dealdey PH'. Stories abound from family, friends, neighbours, colleagues, and the media,so no need to even talk much.

The Sai Buharists and their ilks who almost lynched me for opening this thread have gone quiet; It has dawned on them that President Buhari isn't all that after all. Who knows, perhaps they are busy fighting for fuel at a filing station as I type. shocked
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by moski5(m): 10:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
gists:
I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive

its one year already but lest you say its too soon not the less the current situation of d country speaks 4 itself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Calls Rebecca Sharibu, Leah Sharibu’s Mother On Phone / Petrol Price Crashes Below N97 In Abuja Filling Stations / Bomb Blast At Bauchi Central Market!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.