Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? (27289 Views)

I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Tinubu And The Parable Of The ‘first Supper’-by Mohammed Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by bashsani(m): 2:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

bobo if i steal 20billion naira n d govr confiscate like 3billion n send me to 6yrs in jail that will be 3yrs in real time n my 17billion is lying comfortably waitng for me, i will quickly go to jail, come out n live big.
Also know that in every billion recovered from looters, govt must hv spent 800million naira to get that money.
The people who gain most in this corruption fights are the judges, lawyers who represents the govt n the culprit. Even the prosecutors also gain from the numerous travels n kickbacks they get while on duty. So take time n check how much govt has spent so far n hw much have they recovered.
you mistakely got it right ur analysis says the looters are weakened while the judiciary is strengthen which is good for democracy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by anonimi: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
You are getting worse now. All or some how does it affect my analogy? Your desperation is clear.

Again see further explanation from the OP:

Gaborone:
And then, the truth is, I'm not so sure why we're having this conversation, because in my original post, I stated that my boos didn't see President's Buhari's efforts at loot recovery as bad. I also stated somewhere that the benefits of same cannot be downplayed. All I said in that post was that, other areas were sounding the alarm, and they needed attending to as well. As such, I'm close to shocked seeing posters imply that the summary of the original post is that Buhari shouldn't give any attention to loot recovery. It's kind of funny to me.

It's been an interesting one on the thread anyway.

Thanks, Gaborone
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Standing5(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks, Gaborone
Nothing changes. Get less desperate and see things clearly before you type shítty posts. If the boss didn't Buhari preference list as not good enough then why the useless analogy béäf? It isnt totally bad but not totally good and yet the boss didn't see any bad in it again.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks, Gaborone

Hey, thanks to you too anonimi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
I keep wondering when people begin to say that our economy is going down. During Goodluck Jonathan's administration, we were told that Nigeria has the biggest economy in Africa . Then I asked myself this question : Aside the politicians, the top business men and those civil servants staff big Boss. What have you or your family benefited? Either good then or bad now, things remain the same. No government is good and no one is bad. It is good when you benefited from it and bad when you did not. it is worse when everything stand still. Many families never pray for the death of Abacha cos they new what they benefited during his administration. Let all of us pray for Nigeria. The more you pray for the nation, the better for you and your family. #God bless Nigeria#
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by anonimi: 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
Hey, thanks to you too anonimi.

My pleasure.
BTW, is your name linked to the Botswana capital?
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Standing5(m): 4:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
^ who dey fool who? Anonimi & Gaborone are same.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Boy! I am entertained!

anonimi, come and defend yourself....ish... myself?
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
anonimi:

My pleasure.
BTW, is your name linked to the Botswana capital?

Yea, Gaborone is the capital of Botswana.

Don't forget to put up a defence to the accusation that has been levied against you. Good luck to you as you prepare one.

grin
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by anonimi: 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:

If this "revelation" that you have caught makes you sleep better tonight, why should I want to spoil your pleasure?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by anonimi: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:
Yea, Gaborone is the capital of Botswana.

Don't forget to put up a defence to the accusation that has been levied against you. Good luck to you as you prepare one.

grin

When I said he had comprehension problems at the beginning of this thread he was protesting, abi? grin

As for Gaborone, I was wondering what the link is with your user name?
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Edoblakky(m): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
So now I'm just wondering, if after all this hue and cry, the looters refuse to return our money, what becomes of Nigeria?
I think this is the area we should not neglect.

If we squeeze the looters, we might get some of our stolen money. We might also not get anything from them.
So my questions : are we going to go moribund if we get nothing from them?
When campaign promises were made, were we looking at looted funds?

There is no justification for failure. Even with a crash in oil price, I expect our government to look elsewhere as there are many nations surviving without oil.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by olad1954: 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone quoting you "what would be the point if he ignores the fact that rot , termite are beginning to deal with the basket " these are the parts of the linking water that contaminate the basket . the president didn't neglect any sector of the economy or focus only on corruption.it will take time before we can see the result of his efforts. the oil price is so low now that the government cannot rely on it to run the country.so he needs to look else where for revenue. and the only place is to collect money(billions) from corrupt officials . things has to get worse before it gets better.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mansadi(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
Here's my advice to the president

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by sparkleRed(f): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
ENEONWO:
Your boss is the greatest fool to have ever walked the surface of the earth! By his warped argument, we should all keep developing the economy into some few pockets. We must focus all attention on developing the economy, after which some people would embezzle all the money and the next government would look the other way because your boss would accuse them of neglecting the economy at the expense of the war against corruption, so; they must also focus all attention on developing the same economy. So, we continue running in the cycles of develop-loot/embezzle-develop- loot/embezzle. Your Oga is advising that if you build a house and it is fails, you go back to build on the same place without first arresting the cause of the failure! Let me tell you that if this country must succeed, Buhari must ensure that a thorough and sustained war against corruption is done. That way, whatever progress we make will not be eroded by avaricious officers of the state, whose stock-in-trade is primitive acquisition of wealth at the expense of national development.

In as much as u tried making sense u re very childish, her boss stated his opinion state urs also without insult, it's doesn't warrant u calling ha unknown boss a "fool"

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by light004: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
As you rightly noted Nigeria is not the most corrupt Nation in the world and corruption is everywhere, but so also are all the socio economic problems you mentioned...Nigeria's problem is unique however because even dog has become corrupt in Naija, all what everyone requires is an opportunity...even you if you get chance, you for don empty CBN by now...it just can't continue like that na..

Well, I rest my case here. Every man to his own opinions and views.

I tell you something, Nigeria is not a productive nation and it's certainly not because of corruption but lack of skilled manpower. Thus, if corruption is eradicated today, Nigeria will still remain undeveloped and backward because we do not have the skills to compete effectively in the 21st century. you can take that to the bank.

Until we focus our attention on building the right institutions and empowering them rather than focusing on few men with overrated egos; Nigeria will remain in the woods. Until, we realize the necessity of education and give it our highest priority through deployment of sizable percentage of national revenue; I'm sorry, Nigeria may remain in the woods. Until, the constitution is upheld by all and sundry as supreme and all men are subject to it, I'm afraid, Nigeria may remain in the woods. Until, we restore the dignity of the black man to believe himself and his capabilities; never thinking that he is inferior to any other race then I'm afraid, Nigeria may remain in the woods. I can go on, on..... and on but basically, we are not suffering from corruption alone but fundamental issues of illiteracy, poverty, after effect of slavery and colonization, inferiority complex, religion, various forms of prejudices and so many more. These are the breeding ground for other vices including corruption.

Corruption is a product of illiteracy and poverty in a land devoid of opportunities. We have so much work at hand and seriously, we have no time to waste anymore.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
anonimi:

When I said he had comprehension problems at the beginning of this thread he was protesting, abi? grin

As for Gaborone, I was wondering what the link is with your user name?

Believe me, I'm still wondering what that 'discovery' was about.

Nothing deep really. I read about Botswana just before I opened my account. Loved what I read about it, loved the sound of 'Gaborone' too. When it was time to pick the 'almighty' username, that's what came to mind. That's about it really.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
olad1954:
Gaborone quoting you "what would be the point if he ignores the fact that rot , termite are beginning to deal with the basket " these are the parts of the linking water that contaminate the basket . the president didn't neglect any sector of the economy or focus only on corruption.it will take time before we can see the result of his efforts. the oil price is so low now that the government cannot rely on it to run the country.so he needs to look else where for revenue. and the only place is to collect money(billions) from corrupt officials . things has to get worse before it gets better.

Alright then. Let's say we agree to disagree?
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by NigLasPresident: 8:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Gaborone:

Alright then. Let's say we agree to disagree?

No No... Whichever way, the argument goes, the truth is glaring but then if those speaking don't understand economics how can they understand the situation apart from the propaganda they have heard and have come to believe even when the truth is obvious.. But then you have time to continue explaining things to people who have refused to see things how it is
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by chinchum(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
@gaborone, your boss is only sentimental, nothing to suggest pmb is leaving out the salvaging of the economy to focus on fighting corruption, that assertion is intellectually fraudulent.

Nigerias economy is currently badly hit, and it started from late 2014, but the effect was not completely instantaneous, as there were little buffers, Pmb has given the right attention to where it belongs, it also targets to recover 350 billion from looters to fund 2016 budget. 1. Does it occur to you that GEJ's budget for 2015 had 92% recurrent and paltry 8% capital, down from 2014 budget that had 73% recurrent expenditure and 27% capital expenditure. 8% on capital expenditure meant many FG projects were destined for abandonement. Ngozi O.I was screaming that 2015 will be tough, it wasnt a mere rhetoric.

The current tough times in the country can be attributed to the fact that oil was the mainstay of the economy, PMB will try to weather the storm, but he cant stop the storm in the short term. Let me break your heart, 2016 will also be tough, i see a "sun after the rain" by the last quarter of 2016 it is not because pmb closed shop on economy that over 22 states govt were piling up debts of salaries of their workers, or that they cant afford to pay 18,000 minimum wage,or govt contractors are downsizing e.t.c , take note that the fall in oil price is also taking a toll on our Naira. The current govt has refused to devalue the Naira, as opposed to mostly external and some internal advice, it has instead introduced some policies aimed at discouraging import of certain products.

The ministers clocked 30 days old today on their seats, they are not seated doing nothing, 2016 budget is on its way, the first budget of the current administration, the minister of state petroleum has said decision will be made on the 4 refineries that appear not resonding to fixes by this month end, i sense sincerity,and with sincerity, there is will power, and when there is a will, there is a way.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by bobkezel(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
I agree and disagree with your boss. If the issue of recovery of stolen funds is not taken seriously or to the extreme, more will be stolen. You see we are part of the cause of these corruption. When jonathan refused to use an iron fist against fund looters you same people were wailing he was weak and unfocused. Now buhari, the opposite of jonathan came, you same people are now wailing he is doing it at extreme. Do you guys think buhari is directly incharge of the funds recovery? There are offices directly responsible for that though they are answerable to the office of the presidency. Abeg lets leave the man to take it to the extreme, it will deter and reduce intending looters at least to some extent. We wanted change, now change has come, we want another change. Na wao, which way nigeria.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
ephi123:

The Bible itself says faith without works is dead. You can't expect to pray and DO NOTHING and expect things to change.
Nigerians had better buckle their belts, Brent crude as we speak is $38. For a country dependent on oil that is disaster, and yet billions are in some private individuals' accounts and we feel that should be let go? Mba.
God bless you sister!
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
kITATITA:

Let me tell you; if you expect that Nigeria will still open up her economy for foreign exploitation, it's over. It creates pseudo feeling of economic buoyancy. Where's AFPRINT and other textile companies. Where's STEYR, ANAMMCO, Volkswagen, etc. Where are our steel rolling mills? Glass companies? Why didn't the River Basin Authorities produce enough food. They folded up because we preferred everything foreign. We allowed importation of everything, including human hair, rice, toothpick, matches and water. Foreigners exploited our voracious appetite for foreign goods and dumped everything here. They didn't invest in the real sector. You could sit at home and order anything from any part of the world. Politicians and their cronies stole the remainder. We paid using our oil income. Now the situation is no longer sustainable. But the oyinbo people still want us to continue devaluing our currency so that they continue dumping their products. The government says no and the traders are leaving. What is required is for us to display nationalist favour and be productive and creative. It happened to Ghana, Brazil, USA, China, etc. But we have idle 30 year old babies who are still being spoonfed, lazy workforce and pacifist governments at all levels. Brace, it will get worse before it gets better.
Nairaland parades a lots of intelligent folks and deep thinkers like this poster. More milk to your coffee.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Remedy007: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
achiphet:
Lets think like weve left the industrial age for once. The current hardship is 50% buharis fault and 50% the drop in oil prices fault. We live in a monoeconomic Nigeria and the sole source of our country's income just went down by more than 70%......that means a '70%' slash in our economy and living standards, take it or leave it. But friends we are in the information age where u must not depend on the economy of ur country to make money, though its hard to leverage this 'fact', we must look for how to make the cash abroad and bring ii in to help this economy until Nigeria secures an alternative source of income. Ive found a one and will be happy to shear it with anybody that cares to ask. Gods grace
bro can you fill me in with your idea, i would be very much delighte, here is my number, 07033224299 you can do well to message, call or whatsapp, i will reply any of them
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by lookingfly: 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
My friend, if your hands are clean, why are you shying from equity? If you're my political opponent and I take you to court for corruption, if you're not corrupt, why are you afraid of the Court? Besides, let me explain how redundant your argument is: All my friends steal too, why are you catching only me? Question: Because all your friends are thieves, does that justify stealing? Today Amaechi is safe because he's on the winning team, tomorrow he might be on the losing team and be sued to court for corruption...that is the beauty of the democratic process.
are you saying amaechi is not corrupt
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2015
NigLasPresident:

No No... Whichever way, the argument goes, the truth is glaring but then if those speaking don't understand economics how can they understand the situation apart from the propaganda they have heard and have come to believe even when the truth is obvious.. But then you have time to continue explaining things to people who have refused to see things how it is

That comment was my way of foreclosing all the going back and forth. I figured I should stop trying to convince those who either didn't understand the post, or were hell bent on lying to themselves.

Thanks.
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ProfSamurai(m): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2015
shala01:

He is probably a jobless fellow hoping to get 5k hand out with recovered loot so don't blame him

Lol grin
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by achiphet(m): 9:02am On Dec 17, 2015
madridguy:
Please enlighten me as I am eagerly to learn from you.

Its simple an advertising company that sells her shares and in trying to get the wide world involved they simply made use of the information age power tool, The Internet. This is the way it works briefly This is a quick overview.
The name of this company is My Advertising Pays Ltd USA. It was founded by Mike Deese, a retired US Air Force, A disabled Veteran. But very successful businessman. When he couldn't find a simple, steady and genuine income business on internet, he founded one himself. He founded an advertising company that shares 95% of its revenue with the members that have an active shares, often times called packs of the company.
The company sells these packs for $50 per 1 unit.
This entitle you to receive 1 share in the company daily profit share.
10 packs = 10 share in d daily profit
1000 packs = 1000 share in the daily profit.
The maximum number of packs anyone can have is 1200. At this level you are a diamond.
Niw each pack expires when it accumulated to $60, thus giving $10 profit on top of every $50 spent on packs. And it takes about 100 days before it expires.
At the expiry of 1200 packs you make $12000. If you repurchase this 4 times a year that is $48,000.
This is exclusive of referral commissions.
It is not compulsory you refer anyone before you earn. But if you do, you earn maximum of 10% commission on each pack someone you sponsored purchased for life.
Additionally if you have any products, services, websites to advertise, you have free credits from the packs you purchased to place ur ads on the traffic exchange before the thousands of users.
The only job you do everyday after purchasing your pack (s) is clicking of 10 ads in the traffic exchange, after which you qualify to receive profit share for the day. The profit share is paid every twenty minutes enabling one to buy more share once ones funds is up to $50, giving you the ability to keep earning on exponential increase. your money is save and you can choose to withdraw anytime.
I cant say everything here, you can chat me on whatapp with this number 08104174613 or you email achiphet@gmail.com or u visit my blog mapptotop@gmail.com
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by grandstar(m): 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
gists:
I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive
The economy is going down not because of the war against corruption but because of the forex restrictions. They are ruining the economy.

I have written off this government since July 2015 if not earlier.

The naira should hit 400 once the budget monies are spent.. Thee economy is finished
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by grandstar(m): 8:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
ENEONWO:
Your boss is the greatest fool to have ever walked the surface of the earth! By his warped argument, we should all keep developing the economy into some few pockets. We must focus all attention on developing the economy, after which some people would embezzle all the money and the next government would look the other way because your boss would accuse them of neglecting the economy at the expense of the war against corruption, so; they must also focus all attention on developing the same economy. So, we continue running in the cycles of develop-loot/embezzle-develop- loot/embezzle. Your Oga is advising that if you build a house and it is fails, you go back to build on the same place without first arresting the cause of the failure! Let me tell you that if this country must succeed, Buhari must ensure that a thorough and sustained war against corruption is done. That way, whatever progress we make will not be eroded by avaricious officers of the state, whose stock-in-trade is primitive acquisition of wealth at the expense of national development.
Buharis war against corruption is going to fail. I give him a 3 out of 10.

Rather his policies such as the forex restrictions encourage massive corruption in the financial system
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by BushidoBlue(m): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
This thread was in December....

This is March almost April, soon May....

One year don waka.....
We still dey carry on corruption matter...
No body go solo

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by coolscott(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
gists:
I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive
How come things are now worse after all these things being done?
How come these international business mean are leaving?
Their departure is another version of a vote of no confidence in those steering our economy.

Are you aware that in less than one year, our inflation rate has increased to double digits (11%) as against the around 8% it had fallen to with previous administrations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Babangida Suggests Part Time Legislature For Nigeria / Heavy Deployment Of Soldiers Good For Rivers People – Amaechi / FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.