Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,431 members, 7,853,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39227 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
@C2H5OH:
Since we are talking about Laws here, In the United States, homosexuality is not a crime, incest and polygamy are. So,
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2009
Sagamite:

When people use terms like "sexual orientation", it subconsciously connotate naturality. Something you are born with.

If that is the case, then paedophiles can also claim their deviancy is an orientation.

I try and restrict arguments like this to "sexual preference", which is a better reflection of the reality.

The fact they might claim it as an orientation does not mean its not still deviant.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2009
ebumowa:

The fact they might claim it as an orientation does not mean its not still deviant.

You have a point.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JeSoul(f): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2009
Ebumowa,

did you listen to this link? http://thecfrn.com/osnap/about.html  (under the "Intresting Stuff" section, click on the "My testimony" play button, its not a long audio clip). I'm intrested in hearing your response. Thanks.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 9:13pm On Sep 11, 2009
ebumowa:

@C2H5OH:
Since we are talking about Laws here, In the United States, homosexuality is not a crime, incest and polygamy are. So,
Nobody's talking about laws here. Just pointing out the lapse in logic of Mad's argument.
Conclusion, what two people do is indeed our business.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by MadMax1(f): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2009
Hm.I shouldn't have used 'sexual orientation' to describe the three categories  of human sexuality there are; Instead, I should have used your word. And that means what two consenting adults do is our business. Never mind all the talk about incest and child molesting and the rest being deviant behavior punishable under the law while homosexuality isn't. Since we're talking about gay people here, 'what two consenting adults do' obviously refers to an adult gay relationship. And I see nothing said here that's shown it's any business of ours. Tell me how a gay adult relationship is any of our business any more than a straight adult relationship is, without going into unnecessary semantics. Tell me if human sexuality is acquired or innate, and furnish the evidence for either. The world isn't Christian. Not everyone lives by the bible or cares what the Bible says. I see no reason why you should judge or expect anyone to conform to your ideas of the sexual straight and narrow when human sexuality is little understood, when you don't understand it yourself.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bidemi12(m): 1:49am On Sep 12, 2009
@ezego_1 If you are a christian and believe in the bible then you should know that being gay is a sin. The bible does not actualy say gay. It instead uses the word sodomy. I also believe that for every rule there is an exception. The rule is, for every man there is a woman. The exception is for every man there is a man or woman as the case may be. Personaly i believe for most it is a medical psychological defect which should be well hidden by the gayee. It should not be celebrated like they do here in the US. Like i said, my belief is based on the teachings in the bible, but if you do not believe in the bible or not a christian, then you have no problem. what can i say, i'm prejudiced based on my religious beliefs so sue me.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 3:25am On Sep 12, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 4:05am On Sep 12, 2009
@trekkie:
Lol, I didn't call you senseless. I called the argument senseless (re-read it).

If you were talking about being in the bedroom, I now really believe you don't know anything about gay or lesbian sex. Please what is your definition of man or woman in the bedroom?

As for choices, I knew I was gay years before I was with a girl. I didn't need to have sex with a girl to confirm my 'gayness'.

I have found that most people that tend to 'label' their Christian faith are hypocrites, everyone says they are on fire for God but its really only God that knows that, isn't it.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 4:13am On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 4:16am On Sep 15, 2009
LMAO of course what two consenting adults do behind closed doors is our business.

huh?

why are you concerned about the actions of booty pirates?

ebun - do you only post on only gay threads?  There are other topics to be discussed on nairaland u know

I don't put a label on my Christian faith, but I am not a nominal Christian.

why do you choose to be christian knowing it vividly condemns or sidelines homos?

You might want to try other faiths or none at all grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
@bawomolo:
I don't go 'religion shopping', I am happy being a Christian and I am not looking for a religion that pleases me.

As for my preference for gay threads, everyone has interest, don't they.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 12:02am On Sep 16, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 16, 2009
ebumowa:

@trekkie:
Lol, I didn't call you senseless. I called the argument senseless (re-read it).

If you were talking about being in the bedroom, I now really believe you don't know anything about gay or lesbian sex. Please what is your definition of man or woman in the bedroom?

As for choices, I knew I was gay years before I was with a girl. I didn't need to have sex with a girl to confirm my 'gayness'.

I have found that most people that tend to 'label' their Christian faith are hypocrites, everyone says they are on fire for God but its really only God that knows that, isn't it.

This is simply an excuse for you to glaringly disobey the bible and ask not to be judged by that same bible you claim as a spirituall guide. That is being deceitful.

The bible was VERY CLEAR - by their fruits ye shall know them. Infact the bible goes ahead to LABEL christians as either hot or cold! God knows His own . . . but His own also know themselves!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 12:24am On Sep 16, 2009
bawomolo:

huh?

why are you concerned about the actions of booty pirates?
Who are the booty pirates? What are you going to call them next . . . gays?
Your homophobia is sickening.
bawomolo is a bigot. Using derogatory terms to describe a group of people whose chosen lifestyle are not in line with his grin grin

I lol in efik

ebun - do you only post on only gay threads? There are other topics to be discussed on nairaland u know
Leave ebun joh! She's allowed. Let her frequent gay threads as much as she wants. At least she's fighting for what she believes in, as much as I disagree with her life style I can respect that.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by C2H5OH(f): 12:25am On Sep 16, 2009
@ to answer your question, bawom, it's the law.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 1:40am On Sep 16, 2009
@daviddylan:
I said people that tend to 'label' themselves, I was talking about hypocrites. 'By their fruits ye shall know them', meaning people should be able to look at a Christian and know that is a Bible-believing Child of God; not by that person telling everyone and thumbing in everyone's face.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 16, 2009
ebumowa:

@daviddylan:
I said people that tend to 'label' themselves, I was talking about hypocrites. 'By their fruits ye shall know them', meaning people should be able to look at a Christian and know that is a Bible-believing Child of God; not by that person telling everyone and thumbing in everyone's face.

i agree with you.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 2:34am On Sep 16, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 12:20am On Sep 17, 2009
@trekkie:
I already answered it, most Christians believe they are 'hot' Christians either its true or not. I said I am not a nominal Christian but its only God that knows either I am 'hot' or not.

As for my asking for the definition of man and woman in the bedroom, I am talking about their 'roles in bedroom' not asking you to describe what happens in bed.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 17, 2009
just curious Ebun, are you planning to marry a man later for family reasons?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chic2pimp(m): 12:50am On Sep 17, 2009
@ POST YEP. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE BORN GAY

As usual or should I say not suprisingly,you'll get a lot of hate filled homophobic posts on NL.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Krayola2(m): 2:37am On Sep 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

@ POST  YEP. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE BORN GAY

U can take that to the bank. This guy ^^ knows exactly what he is talking about.   Jusk ask a certain Diego @ juventus  grin grin grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 3:57am On Sep 17, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 5:18am On Sep 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

@ POST YEP. IT IS POSSIBLE TO BE BORN GAY

As usual or should I say not suprisingly,you'll get a lot of hate filled homophobic posts on NL.

Can you prove that someone is born gay? And if they are born gay, is it natural or is a dysfunction?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chic2pimp(m): 7:03am On Sep 17, 2009
Krayola2:

U can take that to the bank. This guy ^^ knows exactly what he is talking about.   Jusk ask a certain Diego @ juventus  grin grin grin
If I whose u finish, u go dey see stars *Shior,Nonsense and Ingredient* grin cheesy  cool

Sagamite:

Can you prove that someone is born gay? And if they are born gay, is it natural or is a dysfunction?
Whats there to prove? undecided

U are either born gay or straight. Homosexuals would tell u having sexual feelings for the same sex is something that comes natural to them.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 7:51am On Sep 17, 2009
chic2pimp:

U are either born gay or straight. Homosexuals would tell u having sexual feelings for the same sex is something that comes natural to them.

So your argument is, if homosexuals say having sexual feelings for same sex is something that comes natural to them then that proves (1) they were born that way and (2) we have to accept homosexuality?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 11:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2009
@trekkie:
Sorry for late reply.
First, I don't understand what being gay has to do with desire to have kids.
The ablility to have kids is a functional issue of nature not really emotional.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 12:29am On Sep 19, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nezan(m): 9:52am On Sep 19, 2009
homosexuality is a mental disease. can somebody be born with a mental disease? yes! . . . . that is your answer.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2009
[size=13pt]angry  angry  angry  angry  angry angryWrong Respond!!,I strongly Disagree Homosexuality is  a mental disease. Yes , think whatsover you think about me.I dont CARE. take for Example that Jewish Guy.I Mean JESUS was a Gay too,Busy following 12 Guys sleeping in the street and inside the bush, you feel me. you almost forgot one mans food is another mans Poisson.Though he must have also slept with some Ladies too.  well dont feel im a Gay . been a Gay is not an Offense or a Crime .every human being have free will of choice in Sex. Like me, im Straight. Jesus choose to walk,work with Guys all his poor life before he finally commited an offense and he got nailed in the tree.

To be a Gay is not a big deal why some people feels Homonsexuality is a disease. no no you're wrong.
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (39) (Reply)

Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo / Chris Okotie: Social Distancing In Church Is Like Blasphemous Infidelity / Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.