Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39138 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 6:02am On Sep 22, 2009
This is your argument?  Undecided

That is what I call Ignorance and Poor.

We await your proof.

I do agree it was poor, not ignorant though. Let me present several arguments showing homosexuality is Ok . My argument could be biological for example. Then using the molecular biologist argument that some animals are born gay as a result of hormones, or genetics- perfectly makes sense, try and present an argument against this. The onus of proof depends on you. Several hormones determine male sexuality. An overproduction of female hormones. Is This natural? Well whatbegs the question what is the meaning of natural ?, the norm you would say. Assume a hypothetical world where homosexuals were the norm and viewed heterosexuals as abnormal because their hormones were in balance. then heterosexuality in itself becomes unnatural.

This is a combination of a philosophical and biological arguments. The problem of what it means to be natural and unnatural.

Looking at it from a sociobiolgist perspective, homosexual behavior can also be encouraged by advocating societal acceptance. May be, I would assume that is what homophobes fear? But there has always been homosexuality, and since it is caused by hormones, it is not going to overthrow heterosexuality because there is no evolutionary need for it. We need to have different genders mating to reproduce and continue our species, so homosexuals would continue to be a minority (in the biological sense).
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 6:11am On Sep 22, 2009
Masturbation can be seen unnatural, and in the same class as homosexuality. Let me draw analogies from other sexual habits which are considered the norm. For example, who doesn't like blowjobs  wink, well it is abnormal sexual behavior when considering the fact that it isn't the perfect ides of "natural sex" . Interestingly, No animal does blow jobs, only humans do so. FSo then what is the actual meaning of abnormal sexual behavior? What do you call masochist and sadist? Aren't they heterosexuals like you? But is there sexual activity natural or unnatural.

My argument is based on the meaning of natural and unnatural sexual activity. When someone can clearly defines that then I would assume gays are unnatural. Because its basic science, from wiki :

However, many modern scientists have shown that homosexuality is not a choice. The causes of homosexuality are not all understood, but genetics and the effects of prenatal hormones (when a baby is growing in its mother) and environment are sometimes thought to be causes. Scientists also show that homosexuality happens not only in humans. Most animals (like penguins, chimpanzees, and dolphins) often show homosexuality, some even for life-long periods as is the case with humans [1].

Many scientists and doctors also agree that no one can change their sexual orientation. Doctors used to treat gay people as if they had mental illnesses. However, homosexuality is no longer called a disease by doctors in many countries. There are some religious groups who still try to 'cure' homosexuality. This is called 'reparative therapy.' In therapies like this one, homosexual individuals have tried to change themselves to heterosexual and have even claimed they were changed, but most people do not believe it is possible.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 6:16am On Sep 22, 2009
Can u pls refer me to the book that says Jesus was gay in his lifetime?

Jesus, my dear, is a figment of white ppls imagination. Assuming the validity of the new testament, I believe, Jesus made no mention of homosexuals. And if you mention leviticus- then we should also start stoning women who commit adultery/fornication- he who has not commited sin should raise the first stone grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 6:24am On Sep 22, 2009
don't get that?  Huh  It's not the same thing at all.A child molester has sex with a child, a non-adult who doesn't have the power of consent. That's why child molesters go to prison for their crime and gays do not

Right on point, comparing homosexuality (sex between consenting adults) to pedophilia (unconsenting sex) is analogous to comparing "natural" sex to "rape" shebi they are the same.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 6:42am On Sep 22, 2009
As someone who argues on a philosophical level, and not on religious sentiments/ emotions. I am assuming someone might bring this up as a weakness to my argument.

Wiki quote:

Gay animals also counters the 'peccatum contra naturam' ('sin against nature') - after Thomas Aquinas - established since the Medieval Christianities.[8] Whether this has logical or ethical implications is also a source of debate, with some arguing that it is illogical to use animal behavior to justify what is or is not moral (see appeal to nature).

However, using animal  behavior is logically sound. Humans are animals. We live like them, we die like them. Our only difference is our ability to reason. But we are still servants to our animal instincts. When you are hungry, why dont you reason and say "I wouldnt eat."Well if you dont eat hunger will knack you. So people who desire others of different sex are responding to animal instincts.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Puvguy: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2009
SFAGO though some of ur posts are naive I always enjoy reading U. U got sometime others work hard to achieve ,
fluency. U posts are always easy to follow.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2009
Thanks though i don't know if you are being sarcastic. But incase you are, I am laying down my argument in using logic theory from philosophy:

Basically my argument is predicated on these premises:
1) Humans are animals
2) Animals engage in homosexuality
Conclusion: Therefore in the natural order of things homosexuality is not a deviance from expected biological behavior.

If you can prove to me that (1) or (2) are wrong , then my argument is negated. Oops, I actually figured out a loophole, but that is for you to find out.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Puvguy: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2009
sarcastic? I avoid such ma friend. I was honest with u and still is, u r an interesting read. I refered to style not substance.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:35am On Sep 22, 2009
SEFAGO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophobia
Apparently the word I used has a whole wikipedia page. Homosexuality, has been around for a long time, during the Roman empire, Egypt, Great Britain especially Oscar Wilde, who was the defining character for the use of the word "gay," in the west. Infact, the trial of Oscar Wilde, is argued to have brought about the use of the word gay to mean homosexual. Homosexuality was accepted in various cultures, though claimed to be none existent in others.

I do agree it seems foreign to our culture- I haven't met any gay person in nigeria- but it could also be a "dont ask, don't tell policy." I brought up Oscar Wilde for this reason. Because of his flamboyant nature, people were very aware of his homosexuality. But this was not the case for other political figures in Britain at that time.

So because it is in use in Wikipedia and (as a weapon) by the pro-homos that want to defame the opponents of homosexuality that makes it valid?

Poor argument.

SEFAGO:

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_animals

Since you are into this  grin grin grin

Gay animals:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE0e0hCb7ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXabN1pnZY&feature=fvw

Poor arguments, son.

Really, really poor.

You had a BIG, BIG chance here to demonstrate the strength of your ability to back up your arguments and show you are worthy of debating issues with and you FAILED miserably. Absolute failure in that respect.

So your proof that homosexuality exists in the animal world is to provide some pix of 2 animals (sexes, in some cases, unidentified)? And in the others where it is a motion picture it did not prick you as a SOCIOBIOLOGIST, a TOP one for that matter, that most appear to be in a captive environment without any signs of the opposite sex present? Moreover, photography was not captured by reliable professionals and you put it forward?

In this era of advanced research into the natural world by the likes of BBC, Discovery Channel etc going to the ends of the world we have not seen before with sophisticated cameras, this is the best you could come up with?

You failed miserable, son. Miserably.

It is as poor as a sociobiologist going to a US jail and then coming back with his "evidence" that "most men prefer sex with each other than with opposite sex".

Can you see the lack of substance?

Not worth my time debating at this level.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2009
SEFAGO:

I do agree it was poor, not ignorant though. Let me present several arguments showing homosexuality is Ok . My argument could be biological for example. Then using the molecular biologist argument that some animals are born gay as a result of hormones, or genetics- perfectly makes sense, try and present an argument against this. The onus of proof depends on you. Several hormones determine male sexuality. An overproduction of female hormones. Is This natural? Well whatbegs the question what is the meaning of natural ?, the norm you would say. Assume a hypothetical world where homosexuals were the norm and viewed heterosexuals as abnormal because their hormones were in balance. then heterosexuality in itself becomes unnatural.

This is a combination of a philosophical and biological arguments. The problem of what it means to be natural and unnatural.

Looking at it from a sociobiolgist perspective, homosexual behavior can also be encouraged by advocating societal acceptance. May be, I would assume that is what homophobes fear? But there has always been homosexuality, and since it is caused by hormones, it is not going to overthrow heterosexuality because there is no evolutionary need for it. We need to have different genders mating to reproduce and continue our species, so homosexuals would continue to be a minority (in the biological sense).

The onus is on you to prove it is natural.

Try and prove based on the criteria in my link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=279591.msg3990475#msg3990475
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:43am On Sep 22, 2009
SEFAGO:

Masturbation can be seen unnatural, and in the same class as homosexuality. Let me draw analogies from other sexual habits which are considered the norm. For example, who doesn't like blowjobs  wink, well it is abnormal sexual behavior when considering the fact that it isn't the perfect ides of "natural sex" . Interestingly, No animal does blow jobs, only humans do so. FSo then what is the actual meaning of abnormal sexual behavior? What do you call masochist and sadist? Aren't they heterosexuals like you? But is there sexual activity natural or unnatural.

My argument is based on the meaning of natural and unnatural sexual activity. When someone can clearly defines that then I would assume gays are unnatural. Because its basic science, from wiki :

grin grin grin grin grin

This is like you boasting you are the strongest swimmer on earth and you can swim from Earth to Jupiter, no problem. And then you are put on a ship from Washington DC to Rabat and half way you are thrown overboard.

The same sinking and struggle for survival you would demonstrate in the Ocean after 30 minutes is what you are demonstrating here.

Not worth commenting on. You are sinking.  grin

Advice: You should not have even gone there (masturbation is worse than homosexuality) in the first place. Try and control the hormonal youthful exuberance that might have instigated you to try and come up with some failed Avant Garde thinking.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2009
SEFAGO:

Thanks though i don't know if you are being sarcastic. But incase you are, I am laying down my argument in using logic theory from philosophy:

1) Humans are animals   (Pass)
2) Animals engage in homosexuality   (Fail)
Conclusion: Therefore in the natural order of things homosexuality is not a deviance from expected biological behavior. (Unsubstantiated Arguments)

If you can prove to me that (1) or (2) are wrong , then my argument is negated. Oops, I actually figured out a loophole, but that is for you to find out.

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2009
Puvguy:

SFAGO though some of your posts are naive I always enjoy reading U. U got sometime others work hard to achieve ,
fluency. U posts are always easy to follow.

Puvguy:

sarcastic? I avoid such ma friend. I was honest with u and still is, u r an interesting read. I refered to style not substance.

Oga, you are completely spot-on on both statements.

I have always been impressed with the structure of his posts. He does demonstrate the art and skill of structured writing.

I have always wondered whether it is natural or he has been tutored. If it is the former, he does deserve an applause as I know I had to learn this intensely as I was not that good at writing before as I have a very mathematical and logical brain (brief, straight to the point, bullet point writing). Debosky experienced this in his interaction with me at the BBQ.

His post are very, very easy to follow and reader-friendly, the substance just lacks sometimes.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by duduspace(m): 2:58pm On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

lol@ jesus being gay.

he probably was if he didn't try to shag mary magdeline once or twice grin grin

That would make him bi now wouldn't it? even though one of my friends who beleives people are born gay is fully convinced that those who claim to have a bi orientation are just trying to have the best of both worlds.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2009
duduspace:

That would make him bi now wouldn't it? even though one of my friends who beleives people are born gay is fully convinced that those who claim to have a bi orientation are just trying to have the best of both worlds.

sexuality is a continuous spectrum and not discrete. One can be attracted to both sexes, it happens in man and in the animal kingdom.

even though those freaky bonobos could be bisexual for the fun of it grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by duduspace(m): 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2009
bawomolo:

sexuality is a continuous spectrum and not discrete.  One can be attracted to both sexes, it happens in man and in the animal kingdom. 

even though those freaky bonobos could be bisexual for the fun of it  grin

I absolutely love that description, it is a curve that starts from Celibacy through heterosexuality and homosexuality and continues all the way to bestiality (which I think is totally gross) and beyond to various acts and practices my mind cannot possibly begin to fathom. What a mystery humankind is eeeewh. Decadent lot (though I judge no one). lipsrsealed
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 6:55pm On Sep 22, 2009
So because it is in use in Wikipedia and (as a weapon) by the pro-homos that want to defame the opponents of homosexuality that makes it valid?

Homophobia might have been coined by the gay movement, but that doesn't make it less a word. Let us not get hanged up over semantics here. Also your statement above suggest you are not interested in considering this from an intellectual point but using emotion

Poor arguments, son.

Really, really poor.

You had a BIG, BIG chance here to demonstrate the strength of your ability to back up your arguments and show you are worthy of debating issues with and you FAILED miserably. Absolute failure in that respect.

Man I have told you I agreed on how smart you are, and how ignorant I am  grin. No need for the personal attacks. Anyways, (1) Who asked me to show him a youtube link? : Well here is another link from a national geographic -2nd one- (A more credible source than Discovery/BBC) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d68_vlLD60Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUwza5Grxos&feature=related (A must watch because it shows you how scientist think. We don't do personal attacks
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 7:04pm On Sep 22, 2009
trekkie:

@ebun
let's focus on desire then. my thought is that if you are hardwired(created ) to desire only same sex relationships, should you not also be hardwired not to expect to have children since gay relationships cannot produce them?
to talk about the barren woman is off point. remember the barren woman may be in a relationship that to all intents and purposes should be able to produce children. so for her to desire/expect children is perfectly natural but the homosexual is in a relationship that cannot produce them.

sorry i don't get the reference to mothers who commit infantide. is it that even though they kill their children, they can still desire to have more? my question to you are these mothers you are referring to hetero or homo sexual. remember to keep the focus on sexual orentation and desire to have kids.
at weekend  smileydon't work too hard!

Hey,
My point is that most livings things desire offsprings, whether they are gay or straight. Sexual desire has nothing to do with one's desire for offsprings. Talking about the barren woman, who says homosexual don't have relationships with the hope of having kids someday even though it cannot be achieved having sexual intercourse with that person; since also the barren woman or impotent man cannot produce them naturally. My point about infaniticide is that most living organisms desire and produce offsprings and I believe it has nothing to do with sexual orientation or ability to care for those offsprings, its the continuation of life.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 7:16pm On Sep 22, 2009
So your proof that homosexuality exists in the animal world is to provide some pix of 2 animals (sexes, in some cases, unidentified)? And in the others where it is a motion picture it did not prick you as a SOCIOBIOLOGIST, a TOP one for that matter, that most appear to be in a captive environment without any signs of the opposite sex present? Moreover, photography was not captured by reliable professionals and you put it forward?

It is as poor as a sociobiologist going to a US jail and then coming back with his "evidence" that "most men prefer sex with each other than with opposite sex".

I think you are actually having difficulty distinguishing the difference between proof and argument. You found a flaw in one of my proofs, good analogy, but that wasn't really my main evidence, that I wanted you to see. You asked for youtube video and I showed you what you asked for.

I dont deal with documentaries mate. I am too old for that. I deal with scientific papers, published in highly recognized, scientific journals. I expected you to look, at the wikipedia link on homosexuality in animals, that was my evidence. You can't argue with wikipedia, because most of the statements in wikipedia, I cited. I am sure you know how wikipedia works? Like when someone writes something on wikipedia, they must provide a source, which is listed below as a link. If not you see a question mark or something that suggest that statement is questionable. t

The link on homosexuality in animals carefully details, the research done on animal behavior in the wild, and provides a link of all the research and material that are published on this topic. B4, someone provides an argument against evidence for homosexuality in animals, they should have read most of these articles. It is an extremely well documented phenomena by notable and unbiased scientists (Not gay) No one here can argue about it except they do actually years of research.

You can now see why I didn't fail. There is actually a lot of substance, you just have to read in between the lines.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2009
My point is that most livings things desire offsprings, whether they are gay or straight. Sexual desire has nothing to do with one's desire for offsprings. Talking about the barren woman, who says homosexual don't have relationships with the hope of having kids someday even though it cannot be achieved having sexual intercourse with that person; since also the barren woman or impotent man cannot produce them naturally. My point about infaniticide is that most living organisms desire and produce offsprings and I believe it has nothing to do with sexual orientation or ability to care for those offsprings, its the continuation of life.

You hit the koko. It is a natural inclination for organisms to desire offsprings. As they say in science, the continuation of life, is caused by the desire to create more DNA. It has nothing to with sexual orientation.

Another suitable example, especially for people who are interested in ethical arguments: What about someone who is transgender? What sex do they belong to, what gender roles should they be ascribed to? Is any sex they have unnatural?Because they were born that way, should they be discriminated against?

Ok, but what do transgenders, have in common with homosexuals? Well, homosexuals are (this is quite an extrapolation) in the border line of "normal individuals" and "transgender people." An overproduction of estrogen in men, can make them act feminine, and desire men while still having "male features." They feel like they are women in men's bodies. Is it their fault, no? Should they be discriminated against?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2009
Not worth commenting on. You are sinking.  Grin

Advice: You should not have even gone there (masturbation is worse than homosexuality) in the first place. Try and control the hormonal youthful exuberance that might have instigated you to try and come up with some failed Avant Garde thinking.

Another use of personal attacks. Anyways, 'Masturbation is worse than homosexuality", hahaha (sorry this is hilarious) , then 80-90% of men are worse than homosexuals. Not using Avant garde thinking, I am actually restating well researched facts to support my argument. I wouldnt use the US as an example, since it is extremely liberal and use data from a more conservative country Uk :

Tell your government that: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=8072314&page=1   grin grin

Or this statement on wiki "Similar results have been found in a 2007 British national probability survey. It was found that, between individuals aged 16 to 44, 95% of men and 71% of women masturbated at some point in their lives. 73% of men and 37% of women reported masturbating in the four weeks before their interview, while 53% of men and 18% of women reported masturbating in the previous seven days.[25]"

It has a link to the research paper, which I could access, because i am in school right now but you would be unable to. This survey was anonymous. Meaning people had no incentive to lie.

Well so 95% of men are worse than homosexuals. Thanks sagamite you just committed. a classical example of contradiction wink
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 7:55pm On Sep 22, 2009

1) Humans are animals (Pass)
2) Animals engage in homosexuality (Overdocumented fact undecided)
Conclusion: Therefore in the natural order of things homosexuality is not a deviance from expected biological behavior. (follows from the two previous premises)
An describing an argument as unsubstantiated is a misnomer. You should attack the premises, before you start on the argument itself. I already know problems it (1) and (2) just by doing 5 minutes research. Do the same
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2009
Try and prove based on the criteria in my link:

Ok, I read your posts and it is HILARIOUS. Like this isn't even meant to insult you so dont attack me ooo. But your post are really funny, and people are accusing me of naivity. HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Even if it is proven (which I am sure it is not the case) them we have to determine whether it is a malfunction that we should find some medicine, therapy and psychology to cure as is being attempted for paedophiles who can easily claim to be born that way as well.

If it can not be proven to exist in the animal world, then it is most likely a malfunction that has entered the human system, as there is nothing we do or that happens to humans, that is natural, which can not be found in some other animals. Be it albinoism, deformed offsprings, pygmies etc.

Which human system are u talking about. Are you suggesting it is a mutation, like a genetic disorder. Man you are lucky this is a nigerian forum. scientist will make mincemeat of your assertions.

Haha, mate. Ok, man I have to admit you are quite a character.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 8:22pm On Sep 22, 2009
@Sagamite

After looking at your posts, I have confirmed what i previously thought about you. I didn't see any arguments or brilliant use of rhetoric to drive your point. So could you please (a polite please):

Outline your arguments against homosexuality carefully. What accounts for its widespread nature? Why is it perverse?  Don't use arguments like I dont agree with it. We are not in primary school and I don't have time for emotional garbage. I want a well flowing argument to convince me why, I should condemn homosexuals. I dont want to be called a slowpoke because i don't agree with your view. I know I am a slowpoke, and idiot, and not smart and my writing lacks substance. That is your opinion . You are entitled to it. So dont include that in any of your posts, when arguing with me- include something brilliant, straight forward.

Most importantly-since this is the topic- provide evidence, that to the contrary homosexuals are not born the way they are. If you can find evidence of this then you have shifted the debate to my side of the table . The burden of proof is on you because I have asserted that scientifically, it is logically sound to assume that homosexuals are born that way. I have presented the hormone theory, and hormones are made and regulated by proteins which are themselves produced by our DNA.

I also dont want to be simply told that my arguments are poor, anyone could say that: tell me why they are poor. Also, I dont think statements like[b] "Not worthy of commenting on"[/b] constitute a logical argument.

I would welcome any literature (science, humanities or social sciences) as long as it from unbiased individual doing research for the good of man and not to drive his personal agenda.

I await you intellectual input
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 4:25am On Sep 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

Homophobia might have been coined by the gay movement, but that doesn't make it less a word. Let us not get hanged up over semantics here. Also your statement above suggest you are not interested in considering this from an intellectual point but using emotion

Man I have told you I agreed on how smart you are, and how ignorant I am  grin. No need for the personal attacks. Anyways, (1) Who asked me to show him a youtube link? : Well here is another link from a national geographic -2nd one- (A more credible source than Discovery/BBC) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d68_vlLD60Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUwza5Grxos&feature=related (A must watch because it shows you how scientist think. We don't do personal attacks

Ok, so it is a personal attack in your view to say you failed in proving something?  undecided

Your ego must be bigger than I thought.  cry

So showing me a docu of someone commenting that homosexuality exists ( that the animals are "kissing" and in the second, the guy looks obviously gay) is your strongest proof.

Son, you failed again. I don't know why I am bothering with you.

Did your "evidence" beat the criteria set?

As a top sociobiologist, you have 2 options:

1) Find the proof that beats this
2) Discredit the requirement

Surely as a scientist they have taught you this lines of argument to harness that you philosophical and biological arguments you claim to possess.

This is the depth of advancement Oyinbo winches are going to film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMgfCgmDpoo

that you are struggling to provide a simple video of homosexual animals that meet a simple criteria when you came here arrogating "it is very very common in animals".

Major league Bleep me. Substance!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 4:35am On Sep 23, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 4:40am On Sep 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

I think you are actually having difficulty distinguishing the difference between proof and argument. You found a flaw in one of my proofs, good analogy, but that wasn't really my main evidence, that I wanted you to see. You asked for youtube video and I showed you what you asked for.

I dont deal with documentaries mate. I am too old for that. I deal with scientific papers, published in highly recognized, scientific journals. I expected you to look, at the wikipedia link on homosexuality in animals, that was my evidence. You can't argue with wikipedia, because most of the statements in wikipedia, I cited. I am sure you know how wikipedia works? Like when someone writes something on wikipedia, they must provide a source, which is listed below as a link. If not you see a question mark or something that suggest that statement is questionable. t

The link on homosexuality in animals carefully details, the research done on animal behavior in the wild, and provides a link of all the research and material that are published on this topic. B4, someone provides an argument against evidence for homosexuality in animals, they should have read most of these articles. It is an extremely well documented phenomena by notable and unbiased scientists (Not gay) No one here can argue about it except they do actually years of research.

You can now see why I didn't fail. There is actually a lot of substance, you just have to read in between the lines.

Well, in my young views, I like to see evidence. I didn't just chop anything someone put in front of me as "scientific papers" because the authors have a "Prof" or "Dr" pre-fixing their name or a "Phd" post-fixing their name (especially when almost always they are someone with some deviancy or desperados of precedency-setting).

In this days and era, I would expect any credible scientist that is intending on convincing me on such a sensitive issue to buy a camera and carry it along to film what he is researching.

If a can't afford the camera, I can guarantee you there are a large number of Pink organisations or Billionaires that will be more than willing to be benefactors.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 4:44am On Sep 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

Another use of personal attacks. Anyways, 'Masturbation is worse than homosexuality", hahaha (sorry this is hilarious) , then 80-90% of men are worse than homosexuals. Not using Avant garde thinking, I am actually restating well researched facts to support my argument. I wouldnt use the US as an example, since it is extremely liberal and use data from a more conservative country Uk :

Tell your government that: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=8072314&page=1   grin grin

Or this statement on wiki "Similar results have been found in a 2007 British national probability survey. It was found that, between individuals aged 16 to 44, 95% of men and 71% of women masturbated at some point in their lives. 73% of men and 37% of women reported masturbating in the four weeks before their interview, while 53% of men and 18% of women reported masturbating in the previous seven days.[25]"

It has a link to the research paper, which I could access, because i am in school right now but you would be unable to. This survey was anonymous. Meaning people had no incentive to lie.

Well so 95% of men are worse than homosexuals. Thanks sagamite you just committed. a classical example of contradiction wink

UK government is conservative?  undecided

Joke! Get your facts right. Substance!

It seems you missed the point that I was allocating the claim that "Masturbation is worse than homosexuality" as yours.  undecided

Stop getting excited, my arguments will never be so silly.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 4:47am On Sep 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

@Sagamite

After looking at your posts, I have confirmed what i previously thought about you. I didn't see any arguments or brilliant use of rhetoric to drive your point. So could you please (a polite please):

Outline your arguments against homosexuality carefully. What accounts for its widespread nature? Why is it perverse? Don't use arguments like I dont agree with it. We are not in primary school and I don't have time for emotional garbage. I want a well flowing argument to convince me why, I should condemn homosexuals. I dont want to be called a slowpoke because i don't agree with your view. I know I am a slowpoke, and idiot, and not smart and my writing lacks substance. That is your opinion . You are entitled to it. So dont include that in any of your posts, when arguing with me- include something brilliant, straight forward.

Most importantly-since this is the topic- provide evidence, that to the contrary homosexuals are not born the way they are. If you can find evidence of this then you have shifted the debate to my side of the table . The burden of proof is on you because I have asserted that scientifically, it is logically sound to assume that homosexuals are born that way. I have presented the hormone theory, and hormones are made and regulated by proteins which are themselves produced by our DNA.

I also dont want to be simply told that my arguments are poor, anyone could say that: tell me why they are poor. Also, I dont think statements like[b] "Not worthy of commenting on"[/b] constitute a logical argument.

I would welcome any literature (science, humanities or social sciences) as long as it from unbiased individual doing research for the good of man and not to drive his personal agenda.

I await you intellectual input

I repeat, the onus is on you, Mr it is very very common in animals but I can't prove it.

Criteria for acceptance:

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ebumowa(f): 4:54am On Sep 23, 2009
@trekkie:
Being gay does not mean "thumbing noses" at straight people, we are just attracted to persons of the same sex; I am not gay because I want to "thumb my nose" at straight people. As a person living in the modern way, you shouldn't call childbirth a benefit of only straight people, as long as one does not have anything wrong with their reproductive organs, they can produce offsprings. In my opinion, sexual orientation has nothing to do with one's desire for offsprings.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by trekkie: 5:11am On Sep 23, 2009
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 5:26am On Sep 23, 2009
UK government is conservative?  Undecided

Read well "a more conservative country" than the US. The US is very liberal compared to the UK, that is why it is difficult to find an actual documentary on gay animals. How ever if you switch to the US there are a lot of documentaries on gay animals. Most of them are not on Youtube, I have already checked, you would have to buy the material (CD). If you want a list i would give it to you, go and watch, then come back and say gay people made the documentary  grin grin grin.

Well, in my young views, I like to see evidence. I didn't just chop anything someone put in front of me as "scientific papers" because they have a "Prof" or "Dr" pre-fixing their name or a "Phd" post-fixing their name and almost always someone with some deviancy.

In this days and era, I would expect any credible scientist that is intending on convincing me on such a sensitive issue to buy a camera and carry it along to film what he is researching.

If a can't afford the camera, I can guarantee you there are a large number of Pink organisations or Billionaires that will be more than willing to be benefactors.

So you can't trust a scientist or the journal, which publishes them. I might have an ego  shocked- who doesn't-but nothing[i] I have said is wrong[/i]. You on the otherhand are making the same mistakes using like faulty logic. FYI, scientist place a lot on their reputation on their field, and would think carefully b4 they publish fabricated statistics.

Scientist don't carry camera to film what their researching. Like man, I am really beginning to doubt it is a human that is on that computer. Are you actual flaming me  shocked shocked shocked. So who do you want to believe, every video I show you has gay people in them  grin grin grin. Man u are just making me laugh. HAHAHA. I showed you national geographic, you say gay people.

I[i]n addition you consistently present another contradiction in your argument. You complain that the people who are gay, would use animals to justify their homosexuality as a lie. Well in a similar vein, non-gays are incapable of presenting any real research on homosexuality because they would be biased towards showing it as a deviancy. Mate you are simply saying every evidence you present yourself is biased because your motive is to show that homosexuality is abnormal.[/i]

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (39) (Reply)

5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Lagos Pastor: "I Only Had Sex With 6 Out Of The 30 Underaged Girls" / Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.