Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Long Distance Relationships? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships? (3189 Views)

How True Is This About Long Distance Relationships / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / 9 Tips For Couples In Long Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by prettymina(f): 9:21am On Dec 30, 2015
I've bin in a long distance rltshp for 2years first it was working out good cus I was in school duo he promised to come bk this year for our intro but till now thngs has really changed am tru frm sch now my parents are expecting to bring a man but my story is now different don't even knw what to do...It is not working again embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 30, 2015
Sincere4u:
I do rather have my partner with me at all times. Not a fan of long distance relationships but if that is what it'll take in dating MissGdope, then I really don't mind. Just bring it on.

cheesy lmao
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Realone92(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2015
MissGdope:
I personally feel like its good as long as you can trust the person and you know that they are who they claim to be. There also has to be assurance that you'll meet that person one day.
What do you guys think? Could you ever get in a long distance relationship? And if you have, share your experiences smiley

It's a Craxy feeling o , of-course u Gonna see him someday no matter how long ,......it's just a matter of time. Thou its hard am currently in CA and have seen girls that advice to stop loving a lady I love and move on with them also thinking of the advantage that follows in " u might just get tempted " am in my early 20s it's just Craxy feeling thou

Stay positive , if it works it works , live everyday as its comes ....
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Realone92(m): 11:57am On Dec 30, 2015
prettymina:
I've bin in a long distance rltshp for 2years first it was working out good cus I was in school duo he promised to come bk this year for our intro but till now thngs has really changed am tru frm sch now my parents are expecting to bring a man but my story is now different don't even knw what to do...It is not working again embarassed embarassed embarassed

I don't wanna generalize , from my research I got to realize girls can really wait regardless of our long its gonna take ...we men tend to bend sometimes cos we need u around at the Moment , to bad u ain't there " temptation my set in as a result of considering another option . Then he stop calling ,he stop texting "
Then he start looking for excuses to breakup ...he can only regret his actions if the current girl his dating is not better off "

Call him , ask him question , if its gonna take everyday pls do , no time to wait for a man that's Gonna marry another girl later on leaving u stranded
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Erums(m): 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
Chinoyen just confessed to me that she now has another guy
I cherish and gave her excess attention for a long while, afterwhich I had some little ish with her for her xracter, So was like 3weeks we cudnt communicate well, and now coming bk after then she told me she's left because she felt I wasn't interested in her anymore.... on based on her assumption....and for real I was trying to build the relationship because I was determined to love her....
and she's moved on.... where's her patience...
Pls I'm not heartbroken just cleverer
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2015
I have been there twice, it did not work
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Currently in one & its wrking out fine though slight issues arising

But, its not easy
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by prettymina(f): 4:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Thank u am doin that I hope and pray it works out,but if it does not I pray God provides a better one
Realone92:

I don't wanna generalize , from my research I got to realize girls can really wait regardless of our long its gonna take ...we men tend to bend sometimes cos we need u around at the Moment , to bad u ain't there " temptation my set in as a result of considering another option . Then he stop calling ,he stop texting "
Then he start looking for excuses to breakup ...he can only regret his actions if the current girl his dating is not better off "

Call him , ask him question , if its gonna take everyday pls do , no time to wait for a man that's Gonna marry another girl later on leaving u stranded
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
HateU2:
I have been there twice, it did not work

lol, baby it won't work, it's kind of pointless trying, far away means you both meet new people, see new crushes, a lot of things would happen and moments when cuddles, kisses are needed, a guy or girl far away on the phone just won't do....
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
whether we choose to admit or deny it, girls love attention, hearing those nice words and a little treat now and then (outing, i mean) long distance, a girl could be easily carried away by a new guy who gives her attention, especially if he happens to know how to make her laugh, happy and Hot, it gets crazy because everyone is different, some people could do with hugs, romantic things and sexx for a while, others can't, a lot of people lie and form but in reality, everyone needs some loving, not saying it can't work but it would take a lot and both paties must be commited, both making calls , both willing to find a weekend to travel and see (if it's in the same country that is), i have been into it and i have also been d run to guy when the long distance is killing them (girls i mean, and killing i mean hmm wink if u don't get, ur own own) all in way, it's not easy and if it can be avoided, pls avoid it
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Cholls(m): 11:21pm On Jan 02, 2016
Mademoiselle24:
Majorly depends on the people involved.....
my sister hi
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Odunharry(m): 12:00am On Jan 03, 2016
LDR isn't easy at all and honesty not for everyone..
If you don't trust or lack patience or not strong, sorry long distance relationship isn't for you
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by sauceTDA(m): 12:40am On Jan 03, 2016
missKiffy:
It's not easy tho, it has it ups and down
. It never works
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by charlemon: 4:35am On Jan 03, 2016
If you cannot be in a LDR with a person then it means several things.
1) you don't trust the person
2) you believe the person isn't disciplined
3) immaturity
4) incompatibility

Any relationship where one partner cannot patiently wait, trust etc for the other or where the life of the relationship depends on proximity is a useless one. You should be able to love someone regardless of the distance. Love isn't dependent on proximity. Smh
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by McSquishi(f): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2016
It's not for everyone. Like for me, when I'm in love I NEED my affection & closeness with my partner. So long distance only works in the short term for me. I can hold on if I know in less than 6 months it will be over.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by missKiffy(f): 11:22am On Jan 03, 2016
sauceTDA:
. It never works
It does works sometimes, bt it takes a lot of commitment and determination
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Elzends(m): 12:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
akinsal:
Hmmmmmmm... My People. Let us not decieve ourselves Long distance relationship isnt it @ all...........................

It depends on the kind of person u are in with if its a student den u stand d risk having terrible experiences.
It demands the commitment of two persons who are genuinely in love with each other.

I think i practised something like that i started my first relationship with a LDR that lasted close to a Yr and mayb because it was my first nd serious one and i but in my best to make it work despite d fact that i knew ladies dis dayz cant b trusted. I NEVER double dated for once just becos i felt ''Kamar'' exist. It started well sort off but @ a point it seemed d other party started showing some funny attitudes and behaviour. However i tried to using calls as a means to ensure i feel the gap afterall i wernt even the one who went on a distance away from her however it seemed i was a torn in the neck. I even went up to the extent of sending recharge cards so as to let her also do the calling but it didnt work out. And when i ask she will say no credit but @ a point i used a friend number to flash her line and i was amazed she cald back to know who was calling. dat alone made me go into shock for dayz. But i dont have a problem with someone who tells me they dont have call credit cos if the person really worth it i will willingly send the card as many times as possible.

I also tried to spice it up by introducing questions during our chat but to the other person it was like an interogative relationship coupled with d fact that she easily picks offences and would really appreciate i dont call. Attimes she will b online but will not decide to say even a "Hello" @ a point i decided not to chat her nor call for about 5 days and dis lady didnt borther asking by the time i came back and i complained i was amazed she told me she never noticed i wasnt online.

Each time she was around she wouldnt even give any time for us to see and discuss certain issues face to face. she either give excuses of sickness and all what not.

I do tell her this LDR demands steady communication from both parties all the time but she neva bulged.

@ d end when i started complaining so she will know my likes and dislikes and d next thing she said was i abuse her emotionally.

It was then i started analysing my life that if i decide to endure dis what if in future it starts all over or even worst than this? ppl will tell me shey u see am b4 u buy market. bsides i wont like to b with a secretive person cos such person is capable of poisoning someone altho im also an introvert but i can b comfortable being an extrovert when within my comfort zone.

Thank God it was a "No Sex not even a perk or kiss" relationship

In all i may not know her side of the story. neither do i blame her for it cos she may have her own side of the story but i av learnt so many lessons from it.

I still strongly believe there is something she is hidding from me she doesnt want me to know. perharps dats d reason for her actions.

So my Ppl im not discouraging anyone who wants to practise it cos what doesnt work for someone may actually work for other persons
My story is a lot like urs
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by timwudz(m): 12:26pm On Jan 03, 2016
MissGdope:
I personally feel like its good as long as you can trust the person and you know that they are who they claim to be. There also has to be assurance that you'll meet that person one day.
What do you guys think? Could you ever get in a long distance relationship? And if you have, share your experiences smiley
that shit nearly ruined me.. never will I try it again
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by timwudz(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2016
Asable:
I tried that shit didn't end well. D most important thing is communication and it has to be from both sides when left to one party it's frustrating, girls love words and when we don't hear it........
asable try it with me. I assure you, it will end in marriage cheesy
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Asable(f): 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
timwudz:
asable try it with me. I assure you, it will end in marriage cheesy
lol I pray o
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 03, 2016
Elzends:

Really.
But my advice is if such has happened to u. Den accept it as God's way of getting you to a better and befitting person for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Playing Hard To Get Makes U More Attractive / Don't Do This When You Visit A Girl Or Your GF / See How A Nigerian Girl Reacted When A Lady Wants 2 Link Her 2 Man 4 Sex 4 150k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.