Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,575 members, 7,812,871 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Long Distance Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Long Distance Relationships? (3165 Views)

How True Is This About Long Distance Relationships / Ways To Make Long Distance Relationships Work / 9 Tips For Couples In Long Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2015
I personally feel like its good as long as you can trust the person and you know that they are who they claim to be. There also has to be assurance that you'll meet that person one day.
What do you guys think? Could you ever get in a long distance relationship? And if you have, share your experiences smiley
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 12:20am On Dec 12, 2015
Yeah. You connect with the person in a whole other level. And communication will become a whole lot easier when yous finally are together for reals

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Tallesty1(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2015
lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Dentux(m): 12:33am On Dec 12, 2015
Long distance relationship dies off easily

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by dammywapes(m): 12:34am On Dec 12, 2015
Sista make ino lie u , not all long relationship works out. With d level i study girls reach i noticed that girls need attention , they can b easily carried away. As for me i can't cope with long distance relationship. My yoruba pple said "agbo mojo lomo moju"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 12, 2015
Once nd it was hell
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Asable(f): 6:43am On Dec 12, 2015
. D most important thing is communication and it has to be from both sides when left to one party it's frustrating, girls love words and when we don't hear it........
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by RexKexMilann: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2015
The Posters above are not Far From the truth, AAMOF, I'll go With their Philosophy.

9 Out of Every 10 LDRs End up With One Of the individuals involved cheating on the other undecided.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 12, 2015
Gbam
Asable:
I tried that shit didn't end well. D most important thing is communication and it has to be from both sides when left to one party it's frustrating, girls love words and when we don't hear it........
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 12, 2015
Well, LDRs (Long Distance Relationships) involve a great deal of commitment, patience and communication. B4 venturing into a LDR there are a number of things to be put into consideration.
*Is it worth it?
* Do u both love each other enough?
* Are u willing to go through the hassles of a LDR? There will definitely be times when u'll feel lonely, bored, someone to cuddle, someone special to make ur day. Will u be able to pull through graciously rather than having second thoughts and thinking about a new relationship?
* U'll have to consciously make up ur mind to be trusting, irrespective of what ur gut's telling u.
* There'll be occasional fights, misunderstanding and communication may dwindle. Will u take a walk at the first instance of any of such happening?
* At some point, u may have to be the one making all the effort to keep things as they should be... Sustaining the relationship.
* Are u thinking long term? If not, why waste ur time on a LDR?

And lots more to consider. U simply have to do a lot of thinking to avoid getting in a LDR and jumping put all too soon.

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by ggrin(f): 7:21am On Dec 12, 2015
That shii aint worth itangry
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by firstking01(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2015
MissGdope:
I personally feel like its good as long as you can trust the person and you know that they are who they claim to be. There also has to be assurance that you'll meet that person one day.
What do you guys think? Could you ever get in a long distance relationship? And if you have, share your experiences smiley
i personally hate it menhhh..sad
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by firstking01(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2015
YourMain:
Yeah. You connect with the person in a whole other level. And communication will become a whole lot easier when yous finally are together for reals
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Bj5all(m): 7:38am On Dec 12, 2015
I am currently in one and I am enjoying it.
First don't start a long distance relationship on assumption, there have to be a conviction that the person is the missing rib. Trust is the basic ingredient, u just have to be very mature and be ready to handle and treat issues as they come, avoid pile up of issues.

Communication is very important, take advantage of social apps, video calls and chats. Nobody is perfect, be willing to forgive.

It has its own disadvantage as u can be lonely sometimes and need company but just we all know, if you really love the person, the sacrifice of been lonely for sometimes is not too much to pay.

LDR gives u time to do personal things, think out issues, gives you the ability to love without sex, gives you the ability to know a partner that will stay faithful when either of you separate for business or personal reasons, u make more savings and you learn self control and discipline. It gives you the ability to stay focus on what you want and you
Learn to live with urself, by urself and on urself.

So, if the person is worth it, there is nothing wrong with it. Mine is not even in the country and yet I am soo hapi in my relationship. I have a friend whose guy is far from, she is happy too. As far as u have plans on when u two will be together, no shaking.

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Mademoiselle24(f): 7:38am On Dec 12, 2015
Majorly depends on the people involved.....
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by firstking01(m): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2015
YourMain:
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by firstking01(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2015
YourMain:
...because ur far away ba?
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 12, 2015
No No and NO. I have done it twice and it did not work. The polygamous nature in men will not allow dem 2 be faithful to you.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by bqlekan(m): 8:13am On Dec 12, 2015
yeap., I've always got it going for me... I think its the best if you ask me.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by ElDeeVee(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2015
bqlekan:
yeap., I've always got it going for me... I think its the best if you ask me.
It helps you to cheat abi...you never change
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Emac34: 8:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Long distance relationship is nt adversable
As For me i can't
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by bqlekan(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2015
ElDeeVee:

It helps you to cheat abi...you never change
coming from one who knows me better than anyone else... I've got nothing to prove bro.... I'm happy, I'm happy, I'm happy... you no serious
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by trendiitee(f): 9:48am On Dec 12, 2015
You can also see some Other people's opinion here
https://www.nairaland.com/1880464/ladies-whats-take-long-distance
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 12, 2015
Hmmmmmmm... My People. Let us not decieve ourselves Long distance relationship isnt it @ all...........................

It depends on the kind of person u are in with if its a student den u stand d risk having terrible experiences.
It demands the commitment of two persons who are genuinely in love with each other.

I think i practised something like that i started my first relationship with a LDR that lasted close to a Yr and mayb because it was my first nd serious one and i but in my best to make it work despite d fact that i knew ladies dis dayz cant b trusted. I NEVER double dated for once just becos i felt ''Kamar'' exist. It started well sort off but @ a point it seemed d other party started showing some funny attitudes and behaviour. However i tried to using calls as a means to ensure i feel the gap afterall i wernt even the one who went on a distance away from her however it seemed i was a torn in the neck. I even went up to the extent of sending recharge cards so as to let her also do the calling but it didnt work out. And when i ask she will say no credit but @ a point i used a friend number to flash her line and i was amazed she cald back to know who was calling. dat alone made me go into shock for dayz. But i dont have a problem with someone who tells me they dont have call credit cos if the person really worth it i will willingly send the card as many times as possible.

I also tried to spice it up by introducing questions during our chat but to the other person it was like an interogative relationship coupled with d fact that she easily picks offences and would really appreciate i dont call. Attimes she will b online but will not decide to say even a "Hello" @ a point i decided not to chat her nor call for about 5 days and dis lady didnt borther asking by the time i came back and i complained i was amazed she told me she never noticed i wasnt online.

Each time she was around she wouldnt even give any time for us to see and discuss certain issues face to face. she either give excuses of sickness and all what not.

I do tell her this LDR demands steady communication from both parties all the time but she neva bulged.

@ d end when i started complaining so she will know my likes and dislikes and d next thing she said was i abuse her emotionally.

It was then i started analysing my life that if i decide to endure dis what if in future it starts all over or even worst than this? ppl will tell me shey u see am b4 u buy market. bsides i wont like to b with a secretive person cos such person is capable of poisoning someone altho im also an introvert but i can b comfortable being an extrovert when within my comfort zone.

Thank God it was a "No Sex not even a perk or kiss" relationship

In all i may not know her side of the story. neither do i blame her for it cos she may have her own side of the story but i av learnt so many lessons from it.

I still strongly believe there is something she is hidding from me she doesnt want me to know. perharps dats d reason for her actions.

So my Ppl im not discouraging anyone who wants to practise it cos what doesnt work for someone may actually work for other persons

6 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Shawl001(m): 11:51am On Dec 12, 2015
Its not advisable! I am currently in one and I am not enjoying it. It only comes alive when we see each other. And its not possible to have 90% communication from both sides, and that's the most important thing.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by feran15(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2015
not advisable,
infidelity is easy on both sides and i cant take a relationship like that seriously
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by bqlekan(m): 1:32am On Dec 13, 2015
lemme add this.. LDR work for some people because they take it as a fall back option.. but it takes real self discipline on both sides to make LDR work well
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by iyobs7(f): 5:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Been in one for more than 2years now, precisely Nov 9th 2013 till date. We've fought a lot to the extent where she cplained of excess fights and quarrels and pleaded that we get better. Her paddy is a male, and I really detest that.

I always make sure I call her every morning before going to school as I am outside the country and time difference isn't really fair to both of us. At one point I stopped calling in the morning, only to realize that she loved every bit of it.

The only time we use Skype is when we are very very very OK as per the relationship health is 100% good. If not, it is straight up WhatsApp call or texting. And sometimes we just stay silent waiting for the next person to say a word when we are mad @eachother.

Women needs you to be there, apart from the words you speak. Someone to just hold them close not necessarily sex as we uphold our values of no sex before marriage. Please no one should say haaaa she is using your head or anything, the truth is, I know thus girl to an extent that I trust her to an extent also.

Loves, or long distance relationships requires a great deal of trust but trust does not just come easy. One has to work towards it and that is what most ladies or guys in an LDR forgets.

Communication and sincerity of heart also makes LDR good or bad. You can be dating someone or married to someone and you live in same house and still they will cheat on you.

We hope to write our own story on how we survived because it hasn't really been easy. My course ends March next year and I can't wait to meet the love of my life...

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 13, 2015
iyobs7:
Been in one for more than 2years now, precisely Nov 9th 2013 till date. We've fought a lot to the extent where she cplained of excess fights and quarrels and pleaded that we get better. Her paddy is a male, and I really detest that.

I always make sure I call her every morning before going to school as I am outside the country and time difference isn't really fair to both of us. At one point I stopped calling in the morning, only to realize that she loved every bit of it.

The only time we use Skype is when we are very very very OK as per the relationship health is 100% good. If not, it is straight up WhatsApp call or texting. And sometimes we just stay silent waiting for the next person to say a word when we are mad @eachother.

Women needs you to be there, apart from the words you speak. Someone to just hold them close not necessarily sex as we uphold our values of no sex before marriage. Please no one should say haaaa she is using your head or anything, the truth is, I know thus girl to an extent that I trust her to an extent also.

Loves, or long distance relationships requires a great deal of trust but trust does not just come easy. One has to work towards it and that is what most ladies or guys in an LDR forgets.

Communication and sincerity of heart also makes LDR good or bad. You can be dating someone or married to someone and you live in same house and still they will cheat on you.

We hope to write our own story on how we survived because it hasn't really been easy. My course ends March next year and I can't wait to meet the love of my life...

Seems we same.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Deepfreezer(m): 10:29am On Dec 28, 2015
MissGdope:
long distance relationship is interesting and very good once love binds y'all together, love and respect will keep the relationship till y'all meet I've witnessed a lot of successful long distance relationship that ended up into a blissful union.
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2015
I do rather have my partner with me at all times.

MissGdope:
Re: Long Distance Relationships? by missKiffy(f): 8:27am On Dec 30, 2015
It's not easy tho, it has it ups and down

(1) (2) (Reply)

Social Media Love : Real Or False ? / Ladies Playing Hard To Get Makes U More Attractive / Some ladies with hot temper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.