Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Christ's Return Is Imminent - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ's Return Is Imminent (38288 Views)

The End Time Is Imminent Christ Is Almost Here! / Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Alert: Spirits Of Sodom & Gomorrah Have Been Poured Out. Rapture Is Imminent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by sleemtobz: 1:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
Babprosper20:
Read hebrews 1:1
no more prophecies...Stop tlking frm imaginations abg...God speaks to us not through you, but through his son...
True talk Sir,Madam Please Keep your revelation to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by myworkforchrist: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
howdynaija:

Yes, after death comes judgment. But when will this judgment take place? The Bible tells us that all the dead are in their graves (grave is sometimes used interchangebly with hell. Psalm 16:10... For thou wilt not leave my soul in [b]hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.....and Acts 2:27, Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption[/b]. Who is the Holy One being talked about here? Of course JESUS! Did he go to hell? NO! but the grave.

When will the judgment take place? Again I quote, John 5:28-29; Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. . The Bible is very clear on this, there's is no hell burning any where until when Jesus comes again. Both the righteous and the unrighteous are all sleeping in their graves until the last day when the righteous would be taken to heaven while the sinners would be BURNED UP according to 1 Peter 3:10.

The Bible talks of death as sleep...John 11-14.. 11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. 12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. 13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. 14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

If the dead are burning in hell now, what reward is Jesus coming to give to both the righteous and the unrighteous? We read in Revelation 22:12... And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

You're absolutely right when you quoted "Hebrew 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"...but this judgment will take place on the last day...because all the dead are sleeping in their graves, there is no repentance in the grave and their next consciousness would be the judgment, it's a kind of unconscious sleep that would only be awaken by the mighty trumpet of Christ second coming.

Also, think of it this way, our Creator God tells us He is a God of justice. Now, assuming some one lived as a sinner for 80 years in this world and died without repenting, then God burns him/her in hell fire for 81 years, would this God be seen as a just God? The doctrine that God would burn sinners in hell for ever have made a lot of people reject Christianity...they find it difficult to believe that a God of love would burn sinners forver in hell and seriously this doctrine is contrary to what the Bible teach.

I hope this is understood. I am available to furnish Biblical answers to more questions you may ask on this subject. May God continue to bless you as we reason from the Bible together.

I humbly say you are wrong on your points.

First, you said Jesus did not go to hell. My brother, Do you know Jesus went to hell to preach to those that don't know him and many still rejected him? Surprised? Don't be. Peter made us know where he was those 3 days when he died on the cross before his resurrection.

1 peter 3:18-20
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19[b] By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;[/b] 20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Notice, Peter said Jesus went to preach to those people that were disobedient as far back as those in Noah time. God is merciful.

Secondly, You did not refute revelation 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Where will the deads come from? And how will hell give up what it does not have?

Thirdly, This is the most important point here. The final judgment will throw lost souls into the lake of fire, which is the second death. Meaning, Hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire.

If you say there's no soul in the lake of fire I will agree, but please don't mislead people that there is no soul in hell.

Hell and death will cease to exist after the pronouncement of the judgement of God.

Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Please be careful what you stand by especially if it is very erroneous. Any word and deed will stand for or against us on Judgment day.
2 Cor 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

May God give us grace to follow him.

My calling is to bring souls to God. You hardly see me argue the bible because I am not a bible scholar. I totally depend on the discernment of the Holy Spirit.

Shalom

Note: I notice you are applying logic to the nature of God. The example of 80 or 81 years.... Please separate logic from the things of God. I have been in that before, I was once a firm believer of philosophical reasoning. There are some things logic can't solve. You need to turn fully to God and ask for his holy spirit.

Col 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
*yawn.
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by Fearcom(m): 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
Inspired227:
God help me. I do think of life after here on earth. Just today, a family relation died & i don't know where his soul is now. May his blood continue speaking for us.

At physical death person's soul and spirit leave the body to go to hell (if saved) or heaven (if redeemed) at FULL CONSCIOUSNESS(the person is fully aware of where he is with all his soul characteristics: he can see, hear, smell, touch and feel and he can remember, think and reason!!! (Those things are scary nd chills me to the bones when I think of it!!!Jesus himself said,"He that believeth and is baptized shall be SAVED, and he that believeth not shall be DAMNED" Mark 16:16

Peter said in Acts4:12,"Neither is there SALVATION in ANY OTHER, for there is NONE OTHER NAME given AMONG MEN, whereby WE MUST BE SAVED"

There have been miracles, signs and wonders in the old testament. However, scripture states that Jesus came to carry the FULL WEIGHT of sin by shedding his blood the bible talks about those that have passed from spiritual death unto life.
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by Bonapart(m): 3:31pm On Dec 14, 2015
Boss13:

Yea you are right. Those who are on nairaland will not make it too. Let's all attach relevance to a religion meant for the Jews
Religion meant for jew? There is more hope in fool than you
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by COCKCROW: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
No need arguing the coming of Christ Jesus just because you do not believe the Bible or that there is no scientific proof. Is there any scientific proof with you that the woman you called mother is actually your mother. I believe all that gives rise the woman is your mother is because you opened your eyes or as a baby from the care and love you concluded she is your mother. Did you perform any scientific test to proof her motherhood to you? You may have stolen from somewhere while a baby. It is a mark of foolishness for one to challenge God, His maker. Anywhere as a free moral agent you have the mouth and the right to insult God. But remember you MUST PAY for it. I dont say believe it.
However come and see God in action at the Deeper Life Bible Church December Retreat on 24th Dec 2015 at any location near where you reside. God loves you!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by sonmvayina(m): 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by sonmvayina(m): 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaycome:

The accurate answer !!! Jesus is not coming like a thief in the night to the believers. Please let read our bible with spiritual understanding and stop follow myth and doctrine of men. Thanks

Thanks boss. His second coming is something to look forward to, not something to be scared of. Happy New Year in advance.
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by dinomcjohn: 8:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
Addicted2Women:
Another bullshit story/vision.
After having sex with multiple guys, God decided to reveal his second coming to you ??
When was the first time he came ??
How does he look like ??
Is he white or black ??

If i slap you now, them go say i dey wicked.
You are just a cursed fool! Of course you can never in your whole life and stupidity refer to our GOD. Never!!!
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by Addicted2Women: 11:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
dinomcjohn:

You are just a cursed fool! Of course you can never in your whole life and stupidity refer to our GOD. Never!!!

You called God and also cursed me at same time.

You stinky goat.
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by ChynoBEATS: 6:12am On Dec 15, 2015
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by sonmvayina(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
mikolodian:

Thanks boss. His second coming is something to look forward to, not something to be scared of. Happy New Year in advance.

generation after generations has wasted their lives for this, please dont follow that path, no one has come back to tell us how it is on the other side..i bet, we did not do anything to get this life, if there is another after this, i dont think it is a function of what we do or did not do..those writings are meant to control large populations, hence the divisions, it is easier for the elites to rule and control us..you can also be one of the elite..all you need is knowledge of your self and how the earth operates...dont hurt anybody on ur way up and help to build others, we all need everyone..
thanks.
Re: Christ's Return Is Imminent by dinomcjohn: 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2017
Addicted2Women:

You called God and also cursed me at same time.

You stinky goat.

Back to sender!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / New Photos Of Lizzy, Drug Addict Saved By Pastor Tony Rapu / 2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.