Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? (26537 Views)

How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas? / Stop Celebrating Christmas, Its Idolatrous – Pastor Kumuyi Warns / Stop Celebrating Christmas It Is Idolatry - Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2015
Ioannes:

silly you. go and read about the origin of that Bible you are carrying about and you will discover that the Pope and Catholic bishops were the ones that compiled it into the book you call Bible today.

stop being naive and believing everything your pastor or elder tell you.

you can do your own research online.

Hei!

Nnahhh people can be dullards.

You mean the pope and priests that actually finished the lives of Williams Tyndale, Coverdale,Juan Haus,even Kelvin etc,did what?
Which historical book is that? undecided
Who told you that story?
Go tell am nah lie! cheesy
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Highcuerayte: 11:21am On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Neither did I invent Christmas.
Do you use verses and chapters?
Sorry i don't use verses and chapters. I read the Bible.

Do you celeberate Christmas?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by IkUKU01(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2015
I c noting wrong in celebrating JESUS on 25 of december cos even d old ones have no clue abt dere birthdays d children choose a special convinient day to celebrate d birth of dere aged parents..so pls stop condeming dec 25 its a special day
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by sabi99(m): 11:24am On Dec 25, 2015
Some pple will never cease to surprise me. Some r saying that celebration of Christmas is not worth cos its rooted in paganism since it was used as a means to abolish the pagan worship. So does that mean that anybody who watches football, table tennis,or athletics or engages himself/herself in any form of olympics is worshiping Zeus right? because olympics were done those days in athens n greece in d honor of their god zeus. I hapnd to importune a Jehova witness man with the same question buh he couldn't defend himself cos he watches football n engages in olympics. Everything must not be in d bible for it to be celebrated, because birthdays were not celebrated in d bible yet we ourselves celebratn our btdays,.........Christmas is worth d celebration coz it brings a special joy to me especially whenever I meditate on the nativity of Jesus, how He came down n was obedient to d Blessed Virgin Mary n Saint Joseph..........just think of how He was born in a manger d poorest place to give birth to someone, no wonder it was said, He was made poor that we may be Rich.........CHRISTMAS IS WORTH CELEBRATING....merry merry merry Christmas 2 u all
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Iyke1998(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2015
When Jesus was born,there was a serious celebration in Heaven... Why shouldn't we celebrate??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:28am On Dec 25, 2015
I see christmas wrong.

The reason the Roman catholic church placed it on dec 25 thats what makes it unacceptable.

Ceaser Constatine was of pagan origin and because they wanted him to become christian,they placed Jesus birth to fit dec 25 the same day that the Sun God of Rome was been celebrated. They compromised many biblical standards just so he can be a Christian and that is so wrong.
It was not a means to destroy paganism.
Paganism rather was incalcuted so as the Ceaser finds Christianity acceptable.
Their quest for POWER.

To Jesus,his death was important and he asked that it be celebrated.
If he had wanted us to celebrate his birth,he would have said so.

Birthdays sprung from paganism.
No one and I mean no one Compromises God's standards. He himself said,that to him obedience is better than sacrifice.
A popular saying goes thus..Because everyone is doing it does not make it right!

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by blezzy080: 11:30am On Dec 25, 2015
falopey:

while i wouldnt have loved to argue further with you. I would like to chip in with this. every scripture is a template to address things that were, are and still to come. So dont tell me that Rm 14:5 doesnt apply to christmas. in other words, you can as well saidv that the word of God is for only the Israelite since God addressed them and their situations directly and no mention of other races in many ways. in fact i would like you to read the whole of Rm 14 and learn more.

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God

Rom 14:22 Do you have a conviction? Keep it to yourself before God. The man who does not condemn himself by what he approves is blessed. (that is when you do it unto the glory of God without committing sins doing it) But if you thing otherwise, it is a sin to you if you do it.
So if you do not celebrate christmas, its all well and good. No sin in that and no sin in celebrating it for people who do it in holiness and righteousness.

If you can quote the old testament for me to support you argument. Of course you should be ready to abide by all the statutes of God as commanded in the old testament and celebrate all the celebrations ordained there. Jesus did not build a house and call it church.

Yes funnerals are not biblical. but you are not going to bury your aged like a chicken because thats the way they do funneral in the bible. no church service. no entertainment of the guests. Not talking of those funneral frivolities you were talking about. If you at any time in your live do any of these, that means you are an hypocrite. Non of those happened in the bible.

If Jesus had not been invited by that guy to the marriage ceremony at canal in galile, people like you would have said that marriage ceremony is a sin just like you kicked against naming ceremony. what is the difference? god gives me a new wife, i celebrate: and god gives me a new child from the wedding, i celebrate naming him. but you are saying it is wrong, abi?

behold old things are passed away, and become new. If you say that Christmas has a pagan origin. Well it is all hear say. We were not there. As some unscrupulous people are kicking against the true biography of Jesus bringing some fabble instead, so that origin of christmas is arguable. A christian king in ekiti state stopped idolatory and replace it with revival and prayer. People of your kind in the future will discourage people tha that revival and prayer has pagan origin and that they should not attend. what is wong in replacing evil with good?

tell me that i am comitting sin celebrating new year. Greatest evangelist of our time celebrated these festivals we are talknig aout and i beleive that God does not speak to you more than them. reinhard bonnke, ayodele babalola, Kartyrn Khumay, Akindayomi of Redeem, Obadare, Abiara, Founder of Apostolic Faith, etc. you are not holier than these people and many more

too much hypocrisy for you there. Leave christmas alone for people celebrating it while you stay clear of celebrating it since it is against your conscience. If you do celebrate against your conscience, to you and to you alone it is a sin.

upon all d passage.. No cogent point derived
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vicstar(m): 11:31am On Dec 25, 2015
angry y'all shud STFU! It's written whatsoever y'all agree on earth is agreed in heaven! Gbam!! Engaging in dis perverted argument is fruitless sad angry
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by xexy: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2015
did jesus attend matriculation ceremony does it mean is wrong for christians to attend it wat about going to space or accepting pegan calenders like august 25 or accepting the 9 planets or using some medical break through by pegans
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by PrinceNwokeji: 11:34am On Dec 25, 2015
Yes
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:35am On Dec 25, 2015
vicstar:
angry y'all shud STFU! It's written whatsoever y'all agree on earth is agreed in heaven! Gbam!! Engaging in dis perverted argument is fruitless sad angry

Like swearing bah?
You are talking to a fellow human and swearing at him bah?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by haqueurate(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2015
Simple illustration:
You like killishi alot, you enjoy eating killishi but you discover killishi is made up of raw meat and prepared mostly in very unhygienic environments with flies having their fill first but you damn the consequences and eat it all the same, then you go preaching hygiene and co
yet u say you are not hypocritical
you learn Christmas has a pagan origin, yet u turn a blind eye. Then you come hr to condem an idole worshiper lol
were did jesus or his disciples celebrate his birthday in the bible again?

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2015
xexy:
did jesus attend matriculation ceremony does it mean is wrong for christians to attend it wat about going to space or accepting pegan calenders like august 25 or accepting the 9 planets or using some medical break through by pegans

At least those ain't for religious purposes.
When it comes to God they should be examined.
You can't just rush into anything cos it is been WIDELY done.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by bot101(m): 11:36am On Dec 25, 2015
When I read some thing online, I begin to wonder if christians know who they really are. God gave us power over EVERYTHING on earth and beyond. Sunday is Sunday because MAN says so, 2016 will come next week because MAN says so, I will celebrate the birth of JESUS CHRIST because I as MAN have said so, you believe 25th December is pagan because you as MAN have said so. God has given us that power from the beginning of the world, glorify God with it, or the devil with it.
God created 25th, not the devil, the same way HE gave me five fingers on each hand and gave me the power to use as I deem fit, but the devil has successfully deceived some people into glorifying him by making them believe that making my hand into a specific shape is devilish(a hand given me by GOD himself).

The truth is that every human should in reality celebrate his/her birthday everyday, because that is what it is - birthDAY. I will be 24 years and one day old on the 20th of May 2016, this alone is enough reason to wake up everyday, worship GOD and celebrate!!.

Sons of MAN, be wise and not give God's glory to the devil, it is HIS, and HIS alone, for all eternity!!.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:38am On Dec 25, 2015
bot101:
When I read some thing online, I begin to wonder if christians know who they really are. God gave us power over EVERYTHING on earth and beyond. Sunday is Sunday because MAN says so, 2016 will come next week because MAN says so, I will celebrate the birth of JESUS CHRIST because I as MAN have said so, you believe 25th December is pagan because you as MAN have said so. God has given us that power from the beginning of the world, glorify God with it, or the devil with it.
God created 25th, not the devil, the same way HE gave me five fingers on each hand and gave me the power to use as I deem fit, but the devil has successfully deceived some people into glorifying him by making them believe that making my hand into a specific shape is devilish(a hand given me by GOD himself).

The truth is that every human should in reality celebrate his/her birthday everyday, because that is what it is - birthDAY. I will be 24 years aon one day old on the 20th of May 2016, this alone is enough reason to wake up everyday, worship GOD and celebrate!!.

Sons of MAN, be wise and not give God's glory to the devil, it is HIS, and HIS alone, for all eternity!!.

Glory to God you said until you noticed the amount of Premarital sex that will take place today. I guess thats what you mean by Glorifying God. grin
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Brightology2(m): 11:39am On Dec 25, 2015
Anybody dat follows u by ur teaching will miss heaven. Pls keep ur believe to urself. Tanks
CAPTIVATOR:

Dont bring christmas here pls !!!
The days in Romans 14:5,6 Are Actually The Jewish Celebrations COMMANDED BY GOD before Christ Came, am happy you indicate that at bold ..... Is christmas commanded by God Or a Man - Made command ?

But we found in the scipture that God APPRECIATES building a house specifically for his worship ? ( 2 chronicles 6:8 ) contrary to christmas/birthday celebration that has no basis in the scripture

You are right!!! The bible did not order naming ceremony , i wonder why people do it ? Its unscriptural like its friend Christmas .

Yes ! Its Another Hole in christendom .

Swallow the undelined , funeral ceremonies are not biblical ; dancin with a casket , putting money in the casket of a dead man e.t.c and some other paganic custom associated with funerals are all pure dillusion like christmas

But yet the apostles did not celebrate Jesus Birthday ... !

Who Asked you to dedicate a special sunday as thanksgving ... Uh ? Thats funny

Heb 10:24,25 said true christians must regularly meet together , I enjoyed a weekly routine of bible study not just sunday alone . Many chose sunday to OBEY HEB 10:24,25 BECAUSE IT A DAY OFF FROM WORK , whereas christmas has no basis in the scripture .

New year celebration is unbiblical nd paganic like its fellow christmas .

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by bot101(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Glory to God you said until you noticed the amount of Premarital sex that will take place today. I guess thats what you mean by Glorifying God. grin

Premarital sex happens everyday, why did you single out those which happen on the 25th?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:48am On Dec 25, 2015
bot101:

Premarital sex happens everyday, why did you single out those which happen on the 25th?

Well because the percentage is going to be on the rise today.

Check it after few weeks

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by muaa(f): 11:49am On Dec 25, 2015
Like it or not. Christmas has come to stay

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:51am On Dec 25, 2015
muaa:
Like it or not. Christmas has come to stay

Well..it has but only for awhile.

God's kingdom will abolish it.
Birthdays from the times of old has never brought anything good and pleasing to God.

Realistically.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by bot101(m): 11:51am On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Well because the percentage is going to be on the rise today.

Check it after few weeks

Is the percentage going to rise among true Christians or those who in Christ's words "proclaim me with their mouth, but their hearts are far from me"?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Valmesk(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Does OLADEEGBU celebrate christmas?

OP, Deeper Life Bible Church don't celebrate christmas simply because Kumuyi said it is of pagan origin, how about that?
Why do Christians go to church on Sundays and even fellowship on other weekdays knowing fully well that the names of the weekdays including Sunday were pronounced in reference to the respect for various idol gods.Should Christians be worshiping God on a day that is named after an idol god?Saturday(a day for worshipping god of Saturn)Sunday(a day of worshipping god of the sun).
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2015
bot101:

Is the percentage going to rise among true Christians or those who in Christ's words "proclaim me with their mouth, but their hearts are far from me"?

Among those who claims to be christian.
But wait,true christians do not celebrate Birthdays.

Abstainance is always the best way out.
So far you celebrate it,you are in..I mean.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2015
But wait o... if celebrating his birthday was necessary, why didn't Jesus do it for himself?
He really wanted us to remember His death, hence, he set the pattern. I wonder why we should be taking panadol for another person's headache!

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 11:55am On Dec 25, 2015
Valmesk:
Why do they go to church on Sundays and even fellowship on thursdays knowing fully well that the names of the weekdays were pronounced in reference to respect for various gods.

Im not a deeper life but I will answer you.

Its because they go to church those days to worship God. They DO NOT celebrate those days as part of worship.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by xexy: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

At least those ain't for religious purposes.
When it comes to God they should be examined.
You can't just rush into anything cos it is been WIDELY done.
like was suday mentioned in the bible the day u call ur day of worship

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Jephz(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
if you knw about how Christmas originated. "history of Christmas" u will knw that for a true Christian ..it not worth celebrating........ I can share d link to read abt it ...if u re willing to read

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
xexy:

Nope. Its just a day we choose to worship.
We do not celebrate it.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Raymondfayowole(m): 12:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
xexy:

The bible made us to understand that we r to celebrate his death evry first day of the week. The first day of the week in this part of the world is on sunday in another country it cn b saturday, monday, anyday as long as it is the first day of the week.
If Jesus Christ wnted us to celebrate his birthday it would be stated in the bible. Jesus Christ wnted us to celebrate his death dat is why he gave us how, when, and why we should celebrate his death.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jephz:
if you knw about how Christmas originated. "history of Christmas" u will knw that for a true Christian ..it not worth celebrating........ I can share d link to read abt it ...if u re willing to read

Share abeg.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Perfect way indeeed !!! No wonder it falls on the same day with pagan celebration . Both falls on December 25 , cheesy

" the day of death is better than the day of birth" ecc 7:1 , na wa oh ! Celebrating Jesus Birth which he didnt command makes sense to you !

Jesus Knew Ecclesiastes 7:1 So well , not suprised he institutes the remembrance of his DEATH (luke 22:19) but never his birth .

They are free to continue with their unbiblical practices and such practices will forever remain unscriptural and man made doctrine which definitely does not originate from christ.

If only they know the meaning of the word
"CHRISTIAN" !

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Sorry i don't use verses and chapters. I read the Bible.
I don't have time for idiocy and playing dumb. Does your bible come with chapters and verses?

Do you celeberate Christmas?
Yes I do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos) / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.