Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Why I Am Not A Muslim - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why I Am Not A Muslim (7707 Views)

13 Reasons Why I Embraced Islam – Emmanuel Adebayor / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by Nobody: 8:03am On Jun 07, 2009
I am a Muslim because i bear witness that there is no God but Allah, and that Muhammed is his Messenger

end of story.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by littleb(m): 9:46am On Jun 07, 2009
My being a muslim is because Allah guides my heart to it. Therefore I realise that He is my LOrd and God and no partnership with Him. I do not have to have a 3 master, acting as 1. I don't have to wonder if I am worshipping a Master who died, even if only temporarily. My soul longs fo Allah. My heart loves to worship Him. I do not want to enter hell which He promised to disbelievers.

As much as other religion, especially christianity, to run rabid or burst loose and do what I want and hang my hat on a believe that a man died for me, I know that such a belief is warped, unfair and will not come from a Lord Who is Able. He Allah in Islam has allowed me to put my own destiny in my own hand, which is consistent with "free will" tat man has.

Subuhanalah

I am a muslim because it is only religion that means submission to God's will and commands. It is only religion preach subsmission to one unique God preaches by all prophets including Abraham,Moses,Jesus and Muhammad. My reason not to chose christianity are many, but of most important point are summarise here:

The Founders:
For one to understand a true religion, there is need to reflect on how such religion is formed and how it was practiced. The personalities of the pioneer of such religions should not be left out. According to the bible, it is very glaring that christianity was formed just like a common society by Apostle Paul. The doctrines and believe which are very different from what Jesus and other OT preached. There is no prophets of the bible that witness christianity or share part of thier believe including trinity.
  Christianity was named after human being just like the idol worshipers and most thier believes are always alike. Intermidiary is required for christians prayer to be answerred just like idolatory. They called on Jesus who in turn advocate with God on thier behalf since he couldn't do anything within his power.

Believe
Islam belief in one God(ALLAH), no associate, no partner, nor sleep nor slumber and belief in all prophets as a messanger from God. It also holds that the messages of all prophets had but one essential core component; Your God is only ONE, He is the only you should bow down and worshiped very prevalent in Quran. However, christians believe in trinity of God; The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Christians have failed to explain how could Jesus be god when he was crying and praying to another God( someone superior to him) when he was about to be killed. However, he(Jesus), according to christianity could not save himself from the death on the cross shows how failed in his mission coz he could not overcome his enemies. After all, he said that he had not come to send peace on the earth, but a sword according to thier bible.

The Book
Christians believe in Bible as the authentic words of God inspired to his men. However, nobody has been able to explain the authenticity and reliablity of the book as thier founds so many contradictions,grammatical flaws in it and incestuous stories of God's prophets whose thier life suppose to serve as exemplary to the followers. How could such book be from God Almighty? Islam believe in true book revealed to prophets in which the message therein are alike. How could someone explain the believe in one part of the scriptures and deny the other parts as Jews and christians believes.

On the other hand, Quran, the Holy Book of Islam, is admitted to be the very words revealed to the Holy Prophet Muhammad. The Book has maintained its purity till now. It challenges the entire mankind to provide its kind if not from God. It also establishes its authencity that if God is not the author, there would have many descrepancies. In fourteen hundred years of intense scrutiny and examination, not a single contradiction, grammatical flaw, or comparable imitation has ever been found.

Neotic
Why are you a christian?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 11:16pm On Jun 07, 2009
@ ALL

I did not ask for why u are not a christian. I simply asked for the RATIONAL and LOGICALLY COMPREHENSIVE basis for being a muslim.

I am not interested in things like "I submit to the will of allah" "I am not a kufur" blah blah blah.

Imagine a 20 year old guy in europe who has no exposure to ANY form of religion. He then asks u, why are u a muslim?
just weight the merits and demerits of islam and offer them chronologically like I did in my opening post.

I cannot keep replying to every tom, di ck and harry who comes up with irrelevant postulations. just answer the questions asked.
To those who asked why am I a christian . .  . .here is ur answer . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-281109.0.html
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:49am On Jun 08, 2009
No one asked you why you're not a Christian, littleb. Unnecessary sermon

also your reason for not beliving the Bible but believing in the Quran is hilariously contradictory.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by Horus(m): 11:47am On Jun 08, 2009
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by bilms(m): 1:39pm On Jun 08, 2009
I am a muslim because Allah is the creator and who ever is the creator,is the God of the creation, and we the muslim serve Him Allah,

and u dispute me, then tell me.Who is the Creator ( God)
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by bilms(m): 1:42pm On Jun 08, 2009
Prove: Allah said it that he his the creator, Qur,an

so Who else can say it Boldly that he his the creator? or did jesus said so? if yes plz reply,
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2009
@Noetic2: It is chaotic that you have the mind to think that you hav responded to why are you christian, when what you wrote is full of mind bulgling fantasies!

You are trying to defend Jesus as you god, you neglected his Gospels (not that it will make any difference), but instead went to Galathian, and some other books written by Mr. Paul, after Jesus was already lifted up. Mind you Jesus did not lift himself up. It took you sometime before you finally posted a verse from what is known as Gospel "according to" John. The according to provides an indication of the fact that if John wrote it, it is not evidentially strong enough to stand as Jesus statement. In the courts, a third party statement is not admissible.

I wonder therefore, if your statements have any leg to stand on? The evidence is overwhelming against you. If I have to analyse the actions and instructions of Jesus for the possibility of Christianity as a religion, I will find it to be a false religion;

First Jesus, throughout his life never for a moment prayed or acted contrary to the what say Zachariah and John were doing! These were the prophets sharing some part of his time on earth! These men and Jesus never did anything other than follow the footsteps of Moses! They each were there throughout their lives to call their people back to the authentic ways of Moses!

In view of the above; to form a sect other than belonging to the sect that copied these prophets, leads to a path of ruin! To then after the removal of Jesus from the earth take up an ambition to start a separate religion deviating from what he did and advocated that must continue, even after him, is a manifest error! It amounts to disobedience and hatred of the God that sent down the prophet(s) and the prophet(s) who conscentiously and thoroughly delivered their instructs/messages. This is first class idolatry, when without any authority plunk down a false statement and ascribes it to God and or His Prophet!

« #66 on: Yesterday at 11:16:00 PM »
@ ALL

I did not ask for why u are not a christian. I simply asked for the RATIONAL and LOGICALLY COMPREHENSIVE basis for being a muslim.

I am not interested in things like "I submit to the will of allah" "I am not a kufur" blah blah blah.

Imagine a 20 year old guy in europe who has no exposure to ANY form of religion. He then asks u, why are u a muslim?
just weight the merits and demerits of islam and offer them chronologically like I did in my opening post.

I cannot keep replying to every tom, di ck and harry who comes up with irrelevant postulations. just answer the questions asked.
To those who asked why am I a christian . . . .here is ur answer . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-281109.0.html

And when you speak to the 20 years old, you should not lie to him either, because of its naivity. Speak the truth or forever hol your peace. If you are honest, this should be your watch dog.

I have been to your why you are a christian thread. It is full of irrationality and illogical statement. Tudor took you to task on your inconsistencies. I on the other hand challenge you on your intentional lies about the statements in the Quran. A case in point, Mariam verse 71! You claimed that every muslim's reward is hell fire. Thats a lie and you now it. I am personally disheartened by the fact that you are right there in the country where English as a languag originated! How did you arrive to take "passing over it" is to mean "going inside it?" This is a shame, seriously! You must have a horrible spirit which allows you to lie very shamelessly like that.

There is no place in the Quran that it has stated that it is a version of the Bible. Your Bible itself contradict itself, not in just one place, but in many, many places. In some part, Jesus said he is a prophet, son of man, and declares that God Lord the Creator is the same for him and his listeners! Yet we see in other places where the post Jesus earth dwelling period are deducting that he is god. In some places, they call him son of god. But they in other places provide the truth, because they say that he cried, wept as he petitioned his Lord God in Prayers, asking for His help!

Yet, as you read the same bible, the Jews have never considered the New testa ment to mean a thing! I am sure the Jews say that it is a false "Torah", too. I am sure that their not having the name of Jesus in the Torah will also mean that they feel that Jesus was not a prophet and definitely not God, since they know that God is not like us human! I wonder how the holder of your salvation, the Jews see your religion? They must believe that you are a fake, yet you are using the same book!

Finally, I asked you who was the "another comforter," and who was the previous "comforter?" Jesus must know that there was a previous Comfortr before he is promising another Comfoter? What was the nature of the previous comforter: Human being or Ghost? YOu tell us. Should his nature be different from that of the another Comforter? Please provide proofs!

If the another is a "spirit" did he abide with you for ever and how?And what did he teach you?

If the another comforter is a spirit, shouldnt the previous one be a spirit, too? If the previous one was aspirit what did he teach anyone, and who was he sent to and why would he not abide with them forever?

If te previous Comforter was a hman being, then why should the another Comforter be a ghost or spirit? What does it have that makes him be the one to abide with you for ever, whie the revious Comforter could not be the one? You need to answer these questions. Otherwise you will be deemed by me at least as an ignorant man who intentionally lies without any shame!
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
bilms:

Prove: Allah said it that he his the creator, Qur,an

so Who else can say it Boldly that he his the creator? or  did jesus said so? if yes plz reply,

bilms:

I am  a muslim because Allah is the creator and who ever is the creator,is the God of the creation,  and we the muslim serve Him Allah,

and u dispute me, then tell me.Who is the Creator ( God)

Do u understand simple english?

Tell me why u are a muslim, this should reflect understanding and intelligence. Gen 1:1 says in the beginning God made heavens and earth.

Are u serious at all?
WHAT ARE THE MERITS AND DEMERITS OF ISLAM THAT MAKES U A MUSLIM? I am not interested in why u are not a christian. . . i just want to know why u are a muslim.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2009
olabowale:

@Noetic2: It is chaotic that you have the mind to think that you hav responded to why are you christian, when what you wrote is full of mind bulgling fantasies!

You are trying to defend Jesus as you god, you neglected his Gospels (not that it will make any difference), but instead went to Galathian, and some other books written by Mr. Paul, after Jesus was already lifted up. Mind you Jesus did not lift himself up. It took you sometime before you finally posted a verse from what is known as Gospel "according to" John. The according to provides an indication of the fact that if John wrote it, it is not evidentially strong enough to stand as Jesus statement. In the courts, a third party statement is not admissible.

I wonder therefore, if your statements have any leg to stand on? The evidence is overwhelming against you. If I have to analyse the actions and instructions of Jesus for the possibility of Christianity as a religion, I will find it to be a false religion;

First Jesus, throughout his life never for a moment prayed or acted contrary to the what say Zachariah and John were doing! These were the prophets sharing some part of his time on earth! These men and Jesus never did anything other than follow the footsteps of Moses! They each were there throughout their lives to call their people back to the authentic ways of Moses!

In view of the above; to form a sect other than belonging to the sect that copied these prophets, leads to a path of ruin! To then after the removal of Jesus from the earth take up an ambition to start a separate religion deviating from what he did and advocated that must continue, even after him, is a manifest error! It amounts to disobedience and hatred of the God that sent down the prophet(s) and the prophet(s) who conscentiously and thoroughly delivered their instructs/messages. This is first class idolatry, when without any authority plunk down a false statement and ascribes it to God and or His Prophet!

And when you speak to the 20 years old, you should not lie to him either, because of its naivity. Speak the truth or forever hol your peace. If you are honest, this should be your watch dog.

I have been to your why you are a christian thread. It is full of irrationality and illogical statement. Tudor took you to task on your inconsistencies. I on the other hand challenge you on your intentional lies about the statements in the Quran. A case in point, Mariam verse 71! You claimed that every muslim's reward is hell fire. Thats a lie and you now it. I am personally disheartened by the fact that you are right there in the country where English as a languag originated! How did you arrive to take "passing over it" is to mean "going inside it?" This is a shame, seriously! You must have a horrible spirit which allows you to lie very shamelessly like that.

There is no place in the Quran that it has stated that it is a version of the Bible. Your Bible itself contradict itself, not in just one place, but in many, many places. In some part, Jesus said he is a prophet, son of man, and declares that God Lord the Creator is the same for him and his listeners! Yet we see in other places where the post Jesus earth dwelling period are deducting that he is god. In some places, they call him son of god. But they in other places provide the truth, because they say that he cried, wept as he petitioned his Lord God in Prayers, asking for His help!

Yet, as you read the same bible, the Jews have never considered the New testa ment to mean a thing! I am sure the Jews say that it is a false "Torah", too. I am sure that their not having the name of Jesus in the Torah will also mean that they feel that Jesus was not a prophet and definitely not God, since they know that God is not like us human! I wonder how the holder of your salvation, the Jews see your religion? They must believe that you are a fake, yet you are using the same book!

Finally, I asked you who was the "another comforter," and who was the previous "comforter?" Jesus must know that there was a previous Comfortr before he is promising another Comfoter? What was the nature of the previous comforter: Human being or Ghost? YOu tell us. Should his nature be different from that of the another Comforter? Please provide proofs!

If the another is a "spirit" did he abide with you for ever and how?And what did he teach you?

If the another comforter is a spirit, shouldnt the previous one be a spirit, too? If the previous one was aspirit what did he teach anyone, and who was he sent to and why would he not abide with them forever?

If te previous Comforter was a hman being, then why should the another Comforter be a ghost or spirit? What does it have that makes him be the one to abide with you for ever, whie the revious Comforter could not be the one? You need to answer these questions. Otherwise you will be deemed by me at least as an ignorant man who intentionally lies without any shame!

are u serious at all?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by olabowale(m): 2:55pm On Jun 08, 2009
You must be a an ignrant soul to ask me if am serious. Are you serious when you took 3 entities and made them 1?You must be out of your league if you think you will have a free pass!

Iexplained your lies to you, and you have the gut to ask if I am serious? Did you see any sign of joke in me, per se?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2009
olabowale:

You must be a an ignrant soul to ask me if am serious. [b]Are you serious when you took 3 entities and made them 1?[/b]You must be out of your league if you think you will have a free pass!

Iexplained your lies to you, and you have the gut to ask if I am serious? Did you see any sign of joke in me, per se?

why not open a new thread to address this issue. I will engage u in the discussion/debate.

All I want u to do here is to intelligently tell me why exactly u are a muslim?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
didnt olabowole already answer the question?

Not that Im surprised that he's ranting/bringing up Christianity despite the fact that has nothing to do with the topic/question
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 08, 2009
noetic2:

why not open a new thread to address this issue. I will engage u in the discussion/debate.

All I want u to do here is to intelligently tell me why exactly u are a muslim?

he has already done so . . . the only way a muslim can - oppose the bible and the christian narrative.

If christianity disappeared off the face of the earth i doubt islam would survive, it seems to be solely predicated on being anti-christian.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

didnt olabowole already answer the question?

Not that Im surprised that he's ranting/bringing up Christianity despite the fact that has nothing to do with the topic/question

He used certain terms in his first answer, which are not explanatory. I have asked for clarification, he has refused to answer.

davidylan:

he has already done so . . . the only way a muslim can - oppose the bible and the christian narrative.

If christianity disappeared off the face of the earth i doubt islam would survive, it seems to be solely predicated on being anti-christian.

Well stated.
Its amazing that after being muslims for several years, he and others CANNOT simply state why they are muslims without resorting to anti-christian sentiments.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:30pm On Jun 08, 2009
oyb did wink
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by olabowale(m): 4:41pm On Jun 08, 2009
To know what is right, you can just know all that s wrong. The  opposite of that will be what is right. This is why I used Christianity, to illustrate my point! If I din't, you may think that "many roads lead to Paradise!" No. There is only one way. God is the Originator of that way: it is Islam. You see, it is not borne out of ethnicity like Judaism (interestingly that is not Christianity). It not borne out of a group organizing a religion after a prophet like Christianity, or Buhhdism, etc!

Allah says that He perfected a religion and mafde it a favor for mankind. He called it islam, literally meaning Submission to the Will of Allah. He further states that anyone who comes to Him on that day with anything other than this particular way; Islam, it will be rejected and not be acceptable. It directly tells me that such a person will enter not paradise but hellfire!

Noetic asked why am I muslim, he confirming why he is a Christian and not a muslim. If I had not attempted to answer him and corrected hislies, I will simply ask him, why was Jesus not a Christian, but declared himself a prophet, a son of man and cried, wept and prayed to a God (a greater Entity) to help him in his time of needs?

Is there a greater indictment against Christians and Christianity? If Jesus was sent as a prophet, having no choice in the matter, is it not natural that a good soul gravitates towards and always longing for submission to God? Afterall, I am a creation of God. The Lord Who created my soul with consciousness of Him, and my body in due propotion, so that I may be able to worship Him with my body and soul.

A proof of this; Allah commands me to stand, so I have adequate tools for this purpose; my  feet. He commands me to bow; my body is properly shaped for it. And I can remain in ths position adequately. He commands me to prostrate my face: Alhamdulillah. It is the best position for my body. I wonder why your not being a muslim is my concern? Islam is not a religion that people can comfortably inherit. This is why you see people starting their own new bloodlines in Islam. The Western countries are full of indigenous families who are muslims. Yet you will se people that you will expect to be muslims walking away from it.

It by the Mercy of allah that I am a Muslim. It is by His Mercy that I have remained one. I pray that I die as one, because from Qur'an and ahadith, I know by Allah that I will enter Paradise, without any moment in Hell!

Hizz up davidylan, your crony Noetic in his chaotic mind has no leg to stand on! I wonder where you are missing the points? Have you performed the experiment of the murkiness of the water (water surface is what you see, duuh), when the sun is setting? Am sure you are afraid to know the truth! It will be a death blow to your ignorance! Yet, you can don the lab coat and perform major experiments, testing for the unnown. Things that you need to wear gloves, eye protection devices, and probably window must be opened or at least the ventillation equipment is working while on the job. Or take in the fumes? Yet a simple stroll to the bank of lake erie or get a big bowl of water and set it so that the rays of dying sun hit it at sunset, you have not performed it! Man, if I ever have seen a man afraid of his own shadow, it will be you.

And for me, I dont care about Christianity. There is nothing to say that Islam will not survive if "Christianity" or any other religion(s) neer have existed or cease to exist? Islam is completely different and have no direct resemblance to any religion. A person who says that a man who is eating is copying him is a fool. It is natural for people to eat and drink. Each one, however develop his/her taste of food, based on many factors.

One of the factors must be cultural and family stable food intake. It is not therefore so surprising that the yorubas have some foods common among themselves. The other factors may include the openness and the acquired taste of the ondividual.No wonder you see a person who has travelled far and wide, having for ranges of food than those who have not from the same cultural background. Most us aspire that we are worshipping God. This is our focus. But only in islam do you have the correct way of worship.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

oyb did wink

did u read oyb's post at all?

He claims to bear witness. . . . .why is he a witness? what the rational and logical reason for bearing witness to allah? what are the merits and the demerits? why does he not bear witness to sango, oya, obatala or orunmila?

I offered a chronological list of why I am a christian, which a non-religious can understand here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-280415.0.html
which is what I expect any muslim to use as a yard stick to state his/her points.

Are u a muslim is disguise?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by olabowale(m): 6:02pm On Jun 08, 2009
Noetics in his chaotic mind presented a yardstick, but it is all full of lies! Should anyone therefore adopt it to state his own belief? No.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
noetic, dont be an asshole.

You asked him why and unlike olabowale and his boring sermons of nothing, he gave a straight answer. You asked why, he told you why. If you want him to go in depth, tell him to do so.

You didnt tell people to use your opening post as a "yard stick"
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

noetic, dont be an asshole.

You asked him why and unlike olabowale and his boring sermons of nothing, he gave a straight answer. You asked why, he told you why. If you want him to go in depth, tell him to do so.

You didnt tell people to use your opening post as a "yard stick"

uhmn
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
yea? I dont take kindly to being called a Muslim esp when all i was doing was pointing things out.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 12:24am On Jun 09, 2009
olabowale:

To know what is right, you can just know all that s wrong. The  opposite of that will be what is right. This is why I used Christianity, to illustrate my point! If I din't, you may think that "many roads lead to Paradise!" No. There is only one way. God is the Originator of that way: it is Islam. You see, it is not borne out of ethnicity like Judaism (interestingly that is not Christianity). It not borne out of a group organizing a religion after a prophet like Christianity, or Buhhdism, etc!

Allah says that He perfected a religion and mafde it a favor for mankind. He called it islam, literally meaning Submission to the Will of Allah. He further states that anyone who comes to Him on that day with anything other than this particular way; Islam, it will be rejected and not be acceptable. It directly tells me that such a person will enter not paradise but hellfire!

Noetic asked why am I muslim, he confirming why he is a Christian and not a muslim. If I had not attempted to answer him and corrected hislies, I will simply ask him, why was Jesus not a Christian, but declared himself a prophet, a son of man and cried, wept and prayed to a God (a greater Entity) to help him in his time of needs?

Is there a greater indictment against Christians and Christianity? If Jesus was sent as a prophet, having no choice in the matter, is it not natural that a good soul gravitates towards and always longing for submission to God? Afterall, I am a creation of God. The Lord Who created my soul with consciousness of Him, and my body in due propotion, so that I may be able to worship Him with my body and soul.

A proof of this; Allah commands me to stand, so I have adequate tools for this purpose; my  feet. He commands me to bow; my body is properly shaped for it. And I can remain in ths position adequately. He commands me to prostrate my face: Alhamdulillah. It is the best position for my body. I wonder why your not being a muslim is my concern? Islam is not a religion that people can comfortably inherit. This is why you see people starting their own new bloodlines in Islam. The Western countries are full of indigenous families who are muslims. Yet you will se people that you will expect to be muslims walking away from it.

It by the Mercy of allah that I am a Muslim. It is by His Mercy that I have remained one. I pray that I die as one, because from Qur'an and ahadith, I know by Allah that I will enter Paradise, without any moment in Hell!

Hizz up davidylan, your crony Noetic in his chaotic mind has no leg to stand on! I wonder where you are missing the points? Have you performed the experiment of the murkiness of the water (water surface is what you see, duuh), when the sun is setting? Am sure you are afraid to know the truth! It will be a death blow to your ignorance! Yet, you can don the lab coat and perform major experiments, testing for the unnown. Things that you need to wear gloves, eye protection devices, and probably window must be opened or at least the ventillation equipment is working while on the job. Or take in the fumes? Yet a simple stroll to the bank of lake erie or get a big bowl of water and set it so that the rays of dying sun hit it at sunset, you have not performed it! Man, if I ever have seen a man afraid of his own shadow, it will be you.

And for me, I dont care about Christianity. There is nothing to say that Islam will not survive if "Christianity" or any other religion(s) neer have existed or cease to exist? Islam is completely different and have no direct resemblance to any religion. A person who says that a man who is eating is copying him is a fool. It is natural for people to eat and drink. Each one, however develop his/her taste of food, based on many factors.

One of the factors must be cultural and family stable food intake. It is not therefore so surprising that the yorubas have some foods common among themselves. The other factors may include the openness and the acquired taste of the ondividual.No wonder you see a person who has travelled far and wide, having for ranges of food than those who have not from the same cultural background. Most us aspire that we are worshipping God. This is our focus. But only in islam do you have the correct way of worship.

Excellent. you have said a whole lot. . .except that u did not answer ANY of my questions.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by olabowale(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2009
Did Jesus have a religion? Yes. Proof: He prayed and worshipped in the same way John and his father Zachariah worshipped. If he was different from them, he would have corrected them, or they corrected him. They worshipped in the same way that Moses worshipped. They worshipped in the same way as Ibrahim worshipped. They worshipped in the same way as Adam worshipped. They all worshipped as God had instructed: Worship Me alone. I am your Lor God Creator, there is no other. This is Islam.

Jesus Instructions are exactly the same as every prophets: God is One Lord God Creator. Worship Him alone. Do not associate anything to/with Him.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2009
Lock thread
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by yeswecan(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2009
olabowale:

Did Jesus have a religion? Yes. Proof: He prayed and worshipped in the same way John and his father Zachariah worshipped. If he was different from them, he would have corrected them, or they corrected him. They worshipped in the same way that Moses worshipped. They worshipped in the same way as Ibrahim worshipped. They worshipped in the same way as Adam worshipped. They all worshipped as God had instructed: Worship Me alone. I am your Lor God Creator, there is no other. This is Islam.

Jesus Instructions are exactly the same as every prophets: God is One Lord God Creator. Worship Him alone. Do not associate anything to/with Him.

Pardon me; I need to correct the highlighted part. Jesus instructions are nothing like Mohammed’s neither is Christianity anything like Islam. Don’t get it twisted please, how did you come up with that?

Jesus taught Love not Law, Jesus Christ is the inspiration behind Christianity and his ministry is all about Love. He taught us to Love everyone unconditionally. “Love your neighbor as thyself” “Love those who hate you” Those are his words. The life of Jesus Christ exemplifies his teachings of love. He rescued a condemned prostitute from been stoned to death. Jesus expects you to love your enemies and pray for them.

Jesus words.

But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous” (Matthew 5:43-45).

The Islamic prophet, Mohammad started the violence through his invention of Islam, planted a seed of hatred; he taught force conversion, hatred of the jews and non Muslims and even went to wars.

Mohammed’s words

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust. [Qur'an 5:51]

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; [Qur'an 5:33]

So how can you reconcile this?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2009
do u really expect olabowale to come up with an answer?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by babs787(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2009
@Noetic2

Here I am cheesy

When u left christianity . . . . why did u not worship oya, obatala, sango?

I did not because to be factual, they are not different from christianity in so many ways in which two examples are: they named the religion after their founder (man made religion). Also they believe that their prayer would not be answered without having intermediary. Are you satisfied or need more?

Why did u not become an atheist? why did u not become a Buddhist?

I would not become an atheist because I believe in creation. Their arguments have been flawed and even they couldnt boast of one specific atheism.I believe that someone is responsible for my being here and I have a purpose for being here.

With regards to Buddhist, It is same with christianity, oya, Sango, Obatala because the name is being given after their founders:

Jesus a christian and religion --- christianity
Budha-=== Buddhist
Oya----Oloya
Sango---Onisango
Obatala--- Olobatala

why are u a muslim?

My post answer it all.

PS. I am not interested in any frivolity . . . . .simply answer the relevant questions.

Hope you are ok with that?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2009
you have not said anything intelligent enough to warrant a definite response.

cant u see the way i stated my case on the opening post. I am disappointed.
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by littleb(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2009
@yeswecan,

I think you just have a lot to learn from bible first, moreso,there is no ambiguity in the message of Quran not talking of reconciliation. Muslims don't need to vacillate on Quranic message and prophet Muhammad did participated in wars not for the vulgarism or the intention just to kills. Just read the sirah Nabiy, how he started his preaching and how his people turn against. Persecution started untill it was unbearable for muslims. Muslims did not fight untill Allah commanded them to fight the unbelievers. Read extensively to know more about the wars prophet Muhammad participated, he wasn't but defensive all through.

We muslims believe all prophets God including Jesus and Muhammd taught their fellows and exemplify moral ethics, to love thier enemies and pray for them as Muhammad exemplify when he was stoned in taif, when he overpowered surakat and the likes. Also, God communicated divine laws to them to guide and as punishment as you still found some remnants in your bible.

Jesus words.

But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous” (Matthew 5:43-45).

The Islamic prophet, Mohammad started the violence through his invention of Islam, planted a seed of hatred; he taught force conversion, hatred of the jews and non Muslims and even went to wars.

If you lay claim to Jesus only to have taught love your enemies, in contrary to the notion and as we musims believe including other prophets; Muhammad, Moses and Abraham. Now, your bible is wrong by the statement of Jesus to spill the blood of his enemies before him with no sinlge one wage war against him. Luke 19:27. Have you ever ponder over it?

Mohammed’s words

O you who believe! Take not the Jews and Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust. [Qur'an 5:51]

The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; [Qur'an 5:33]

Can you read arabic? verse 51:The word is "Awliyah". Which means intimate friends. Allah uses the right word, very perfect. How would you take someone who is partly friend and partly enemy as best friend or protector? Even Bush of America will never do. Allah warns the muslims of being derivatively hypocritical and I have a testimony to that. How would a christian knowing right that you are muslim being systematically imposing Christianity on you?

verse 33: Very clear and practicable. These are warning and judgement of the mischievious people. Some applicalable as judgement and some in Jihad/holy war. Do you have any proplem with that? Was jesus ever think of war or judgement according to your bible. What was his intention when instructed his fellows to buy ammunitions? To eat or to fight?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by babs787(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2009
@Noetic2

you have not said anything intelligent enough to warrant a definite response.

It is because you are not intelligent enough to read the truth cheesy

cant u see the way i stated my case on the opening post. I am disappointed.

Yes very disappointed at your not comprehending my post. You asked for the reason, I gave you in which you asked another question and I provided response but you seemed not satisfied. Na wa for you, how you manage pass for your school sef?
Re: Why I Am Not A Muslim by noetic2: 7:51pm On Jun 13, 2009
babs787:

@Noetic2

It is because you are not intelligent enough to read the truth cheesy

Yes very disappointed at your not comprehending my post. You asked for the reason, I gave you in which you asked another question and I provided response but you seemed not satisfied. Na wa for you, how you manage pass for your school sef?

please read ur post again. can a non religious person, make any meaning out of it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Between Western Ideals And Islamic Identity / Why Do People Leave Islam? (spoken Word By Ex-muslim) / Does Islam Prohibit Smoking Or Selling Drugs? And Drinking Or Selling Alcohol? I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.