Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,595 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? (40864 Views)

He Killed His Wife After Going Through this Picture. / GOING THROUGH A DEVASTATING BREAK UP. Please Help Me Friends!! Am Dying Silently / Snooping On Your Partner's Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by gurunlocker: 11:52pm On Dec 16, 2015
to avoid unnecessary heartache, I don't bother checking my partner phone.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

I don't think periodic checks results to insecurity.
gbam....e be Lik u really read and understand the post itself..
one can't just wake up and start checking...something leads to something..

For some it's a lesson and learnt and they will forever be happy they do while for some reason it's a no go area
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Slimzybaby(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Odunharry:

lol and dom side chick no know??

Dem no know oo grin grin... Sometimes if e reach the one wey she no understand again, she go ask me wetin she go reply am. Life has been fun ever since i started dating that girl over a year ago.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
YourMain:

You're right.
Insecurity results in periodic checks.
And what breeds insecurity ma'am?? wanna learn
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by suwalee(f): 11:54pm On Dec 16, 2015
Odunharry:

Good.. an opinion noted...
anyway,i hardly go thru people's Fone.. brought up the topic to hear from people.
I can't try it so many peeps told me to but it just not my style I don't even touch my sis fones too I hate to invade ppls privacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
Odunharry:

And what breeds insecurity ma'am?? wanna learn

Lol you don't trust them. But what will checking their phone solve ?

2 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
suwalee:
I can't try it so many peeps told me to but it just not my style I don't even touch my sis fones too I hate to invade ppls privacy
good one... I I only touch with permission aside that, I'm out..

Dont pick people's call or read messages too
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
YourMain:

Lol you don't trust them. But what will checking their phone solve ?
lol. na

You keep getting me wrong...like I said, I'm not the typ that snoop and so much give people their respect Nd privacy.

I read a story on Nairaland how a man caught his cheating wife when he checked her Facebook acct and discovered the wife was not only a cheat but has bn lieing and deceiving him .

I have heard and seen lots of similar stories too

Do you think the man made the wrong move??
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by McTobe(m): 11:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
misspicy:
Right! in short very Right especially if you don't trust your partner undecided
Miss Spicy Biko dethrone that Ndukwu pishure wey dey ya frofile abeg b4 u give person heart attack... umuaka game egbukwanu mmadu one day here o. abeg hurry
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Slimzybaby(m): 11:59pm On Dec 16, 2015
RealTreas...cool cool
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

lol. na

You keep getting me wrong...like I said, I'm not the typ that snoop and so much give people their respect Nd privacy.

Yes. But you're making yourself that person. And there's honestly no need.

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by naijaboiy: 12:01am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

You're right.

Insecurity results in periodic checks.
Neither.

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Bollinger(m): 12:01am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:
Do you think going through your partner's phone once a while is right and can you allow your partner go through yours??

As for me , use to hate the habit though I don't have problem with anyone going through my phone until I discovered something years back..

My opinion is simple, Check if you want to check especially if you feeling suspicious or you getting less affection and time from ur partner.

Only people who have something to hide will not allow you check and I don't see what's there to hide form my partner except I have an ulterior motive

why I think it's right if you want to is simple..
It can save from cheating partner, deceitful relationship, heartbreak, disease, forced pregnancy etc etc

CAVEAT Be prepared and be strong to take or face anything you see..
If married, it should not be an issue. Unless one has something to hide.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 17, 2015
naijaboiy:

Neither.

Oh. So why would one be making periodic checks so ?

2 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 12:02am On Dec 17, 2015
outstandingsyll:
Please call my friend mercy, today is her birthday 08134212742
she dey share money??

4 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by suwalee(f): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

good one... I I only touch with permission aside that, I'm out..

Dont pick people's call or read messages too
yea touch with permission bf won't nd can't touch my fone till he asks me no secrets to hide tho
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 12:04am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

Yes. But you're making yourself that person. And there's honestly no need.
na... I'm very neutral though.
Wanted to hear opinion
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by naijaboiy: 12:04am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

gbam....e be Lik u really read and understand the post itself..
one can't just wake up and start checking...something leads to something..

For some it's a lesson and learnt and they will forever be happy they do while for some reason it's a no go area
i'm not bothered about what I will find out. I feel i'm strong enough to handle whatever it is.

It will save me the stress of wasting my time. Once I notice something off I always ask and I also tell my girl to do same.

That's how we always roll. It's not insecurity to me.

4 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

na... I'm very neutral though.
Wanted to hear opinion

I just think there's no room for insecurity in a relationship. If you don't feel secure in your relationship then why are you in it.

2 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 12:06am On Dec 17, 2015
Slimzybaby:

Dem no know oo grin grin... Sometimes if e reach the one wey she no understand again, she go ask me wetin she go reply am. Life has been fun ever since i started dating that girl over a year ago.
lol.. you sef dey vex o.
Why you dey cut show na.. And d gal mk sense for ur life o
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 12:07am On Dec 17, 2015
naijaboiy:

i'm not bothered about what I will find out. I feel i'm strong enough to handle whatever it is.

It will save me the stress of wasting my time. Once I notice something off I always ask and I also tell my girl to do same.

That's how we always roll. It's not insecurity to me.
agree with this... it saves one from alot lies, deception ,Std who knows etc
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by naijaboiy: 12:07am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

Oh. So why would one be making periodic checks so ?
When there is a need to.

There can never be a relationship or marriage where everything goes smoothly. At a point this trust issue comes up.

It may be subtle,it may be pronounced. It depends on the partners.

Suspecting something wrong and still keeping quiet simply because you don't want to sound insecure and discover the worst is self deceit to me.

7 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Odunharry(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2015
YourMain:

I just think there's no room for insecurity in a relationship. If you don't feel secure in your relationship then why are you in it.
insecurity dont just develop like that... there are causes I think.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Originalsly: 12:09am On Dec 17, 2015
I still can't wrap my head around the idea of someone going through another's phone! Cell phones are personal... like bank accounts. .. like mail... and in developed countries for sure it is illegal to access unless given permission. You shouldn't even be answering someone's phone unless they ask you to. Why on earth would you be going through your partner's phone? That is in itself a sign of mistrust and any good relationship is built on trust. My partner going through my phone?... the relationship start going downhill immediately....the beginning of the end.

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2015
naijaboiy:

When there is a need to.

There can never be a relationship or marriage where everything goes smoothly. At a point this trust issue comes up.

Suspecting something wrong and still keeping quiet simply because you don't want to sound insecure and discover the worst is self deceit to me.
hence the need for confrontation instead of things like snooping.

1 Like

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Slimzybaby(m): 12:10am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

lol.. you sef dey vex o.
Why you dey cut show na.. And d gal mk sense for ur life o
Lols... Just flirting with them. I no dey cut show again oo.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by naijaboiy: 12:11am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
hence the need for confrontation instead of things like snooping.
Depends on what you see as confrontation.

You can confront and yet the truth wouldn't come out.

What will you do in that case?

4 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by McTobe(m): 12:11am On Dec 17, 2015
misspicy:

okay bro

i pirru him too grin

illustration 101 :
so I have a bf,he locks his phone and doesn't care about my phone too,in short he doesn't touch it,I later discovered I was the side chick......
I would have saved myself the relationship stress if I had snooped earlier
u are relating... talk on. its good to spy once in a while helps to make d love stronger self & satisfy intellectual curiosity too. which kind of love wey no get jealousy Na foreign love o....wora amai doing sef . I actually violated my standing order not to comment on Lomance thread...#Vanishes
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Cutehector(m): 12:14am On Dec 17, 2015
naijaboiy:

Depends on what you see as confrontation.

You can confront and yet the truth wouldn't come out.

What will you do in that case?
well if i knw she has this flirting character, i wouldnt mind resorting to check her phone for leads.
Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 17, 2015
naijaboiy:

When there is a need to.

But you're not speaking up when you go through their stuff ? You're not showing much trust either.

Part of the things that come with every relationship or marriage is security. It's the security that allows you to know that he or she isn't cheating or what not. And the only reason you're choosing to look through their phone is cause you don't think the security is there. Basically, There's insecurity.

A relationship should never lack communication. Even body language and all that. You can tell your partner how you feel. You are in a commitment with this person. No need to spy on them.

2 Likes

Re: Going Through Your Partner's Phone..right Or Wrong? by naijaboiy: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2015
Odunharry:

agree with this... it saves one from alot lies approximately deception is Std who knows etc
The main reason why most people don't like checking is not even because they are supposedly intruding on their partner's privacy but simply because they don't want to be called insecure or find out something really bad.

With that i've come to realize that many people prefer to live in self-deceit and pretend to themselves that everything is okay.

Maybe if you had checked his phone you would have been able to find out about that side chick he was keeping that later got pregnant for him. But you didn't and then 5 years after your marriage you find out and then you come and open a thread on Nairaland about how your husband was keeping a side chick from you for five years.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Love Potion Turns Zimbabwean Woman Into Sex Addict, Sleeps With 47 Men / How Many Boyfriends Can A Nigerian Girl Have? - Video / My Colleague And I Are Sleeping With The Same Girl - Should I Tell Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.