Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,516 members, 7,836,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki (35506 Views)

$15b Deals: I’m Ready For Trial, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki / Dasukigate: The Nation Newspaper Returns N9million / SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by mbulela: 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
modath:

Thisday can't return nothing unless you plan to kill him, his lawyer had already alleged he is owing different banks, left, right & centre.

The guy got Rose taste on his alomo income.
I don't laugh tire.
That man is forever in debt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by goshen26: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
We are watching
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by AhmadMind: 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
Compensation by the ONSA for seized papers is Lawful.... 9 million should be returned to the Sun Newspaper ASAP!

dadaojames:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/195475-dasukigate-the-sun-newspaper-returns-n9million-it-got-from-ex-nsa-dasuki.html

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by bettercreature(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
Tolexander:
That is nice!

Dasuki has only succeeded in roping the newspaper in.
Nigeria is actually built on corruption and rooting out corruption might destroy her foundation.Lot of average citizens and less priviledge will pay for this fight against corruption if Mr president refuse to thread carefully,Most business and companies are built on corruption,I forseen millions getting sacked in the next 2 years

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by tiwasiaife(m): 5:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
asEdeyHOT:
If I want to be honest, the SUN newspaper has behaved better than most of these newspaper outfits.

They have even written several editorials condemning Jonathan and the horrible way he ran the country. Whilst the likes of the Vanguard and Guardian are still denying their involvement, the SUN has paid back the money that Dasuki paid them.

The first path to forgiveness is restitution

Do you know why No u don't
Reason ADESINA Buharis spokes person is an editor in SUN Newspaper I guess he was the person who collected the money. His Oga buhari has asked him to return it we are waiting for his prosecution.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Eziachi: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
doctokwus:
Does the sun,thisday and vanguard sincerely have much reputation left? I doubt.Its certainly not the return of this N9m that will repair their damaged image.
It's a good start that warranted commendation. Never in Nigeria culture that people returned illegal money, admits error or wrong. May this trend continues.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Montaque(m): 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
omooba969:

I believe it's important to read & dissect the post, only then will you realise that one question needs asking( i.e ) :

Is Sun newspaper culpable knowing that the payment was a compensation?

But 9ja ppl will rather rush to conclusion on reading that money was received & not the purpose of such payment. cool

They can defend this payment successfully.
they had a cause against the then FG and they received a just compensation.
it's just that we don't want to know why the money was paid, we just want to know where the money came from.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Eziachi: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
tiwasiaife:

Do you know why No u don't
Reason ADESINA Buharis spokes person is an editor in SUN Newspaper I guess he was the person who collected the money. His Oga buhari has asked him to return it we are waiting for his prosecution.
Assuming that your theory is right. So the editor makes the corporate decision instead of the board and the managing director?

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by otomatic(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
So the sun under Femi Adesina did not know under which expenditure subhead the money came from. Apparently, AIT under Dokpesi knew.

Abegi, this fight is too selective.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by gretblue: 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
urbanmonk:
The sun collected the money under Femi Adesina. The presidency is now occupied by hypocrites and liars.
Your type will stop at nothing defending your pay master.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Larryfest(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Dis nt actually a gud news atleast nt 2 a certain level of professionalism,people who der sole job is tell it as it is ar actually being paid 2keep quite and look d oda way all in d name of COMPENSATION!! Na wa for dis country
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Eziachi: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
bettercreature:
Nigeria is actually built on corruption and rooting out corruption might destroy her foundation.Lot of average citizens and less priviledge will pay for this fight against corruption if Mr president refuse to thread carefully,Most business and companies are built on corruption,I forseen millions getting sacked in the next 2 years
You are absolutely right. Most so called business tycoons in Nigeria are just governmental money launders.
But corruption, just like most sicknesses that requires a major surgery, you have to go through and endure some pain in order to get better. If you are trying to avoid pain, you cannot repair a broken bones.
But once the bone is healed, you quickly forget the previous pain or you cannot even remember it.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by lumeneng22: 5:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
Qhich means they got it illegally! they should be ready to face the music like AIT. Returning it does not mean exoneration of any sort.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by ijebu2020: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
urbanmonk:
The sun collected the money under Femi Adesina. The presidency is now occupied by hypocrites and liars.

SAME THING ON MY MIND..YOU HIT IT RIGHT..WHY DID FEMI ADESINA NOT ADVISE THE SUN MANAGEMENT TO REJECT THE OFFER ,OR ATLEAST FIND OUT FROM WHAT GOVERNMENT PURSE THE FUND WAS COMING FROM..ALL THESE GUYS EHNNN...THEY ARE ALL CROOK, REVOLUTION IS WHAT WE NEED

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by ijebu2020: 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
BUT THE MONEY WAS COLLECTED WHEN FEMI ADESINA WAS WORKING WITH THE SUN..........MEN ALL THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS IN DISGUISE...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by bettercreature(m): 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eziachi:
You are absolutely right. Most so called business tycoons in Nigeria are just governmental money launders.
But corruption, just like most sicknesses that requires a major surgery, you have to go through and endure some pain in order to get better. If you are trying to avoid pain, you cannot repair a broken bones.
You got it! almost everybody will pay for this fight against corruption one way or the other
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by seedorfg(m): 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
Dasukigate.

grin.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
modath:

I really don't know the appropriate response for this but I expect better from you, which is why I'm replying your mention., sorry for the high expectations....

I'm far from being an airhead, our bias & sentiments just don't align, which should be cool cos everyone can form their opinions . Free to associate whichever way suits them... one man's meat.... live & let live...

How far smiley
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Eziachi: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
lumeneng22:
Qhich means they got it illegally! they should be ready to face the music like AIT. Returning it does not mean exoneration of any sort.
If you read what they said before commenting, they did not believe that they did something wrong but are returning the money based on moral standing and now pursuing any compensation the right way it should have, instead of Jonathan acting like father Christmas with public money in his care. In a sane society any such out of court settlement should had been handled by the military legal department team and the legal representatives of the newspapers with an appointed judge or magistrate as the arbiter in an arbitration setting and nothing whatsoever to do with Jonathan or Dasuki. People often forget that Dasuki is a political appointee, not a civil servant.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Can't wait for the names to be announced. BVN WAHALA, MARRIAGE SAKE? - - - CALL 08035034841 FOR YOUR CHANGE OF NAME IN GUARDIAN NEWSPAPER.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by jtreasure1(f): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
dammytosh:
When they ask the stupeed question "where is the change" ?

This is the change

I have always said it. The country is messed up economically but PDP is never an option.

Whenever the ignorant and hungry analysts type "this is the change you voted for".

The question on my mind is, should we have voted PDP instead ?

Fayose and the eediots saying nobody refunded any money. They are coming out themselves.

VOTING OUT PDP WAS THE BEST DECISION MADE BY ANYBODY IN 2015 !!
. Correct, God bless u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pavore9:
Returning money is so odd.
Oga, Odd in what context, how.?
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by carinmom(f): 5:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
modath:

OUK is a bawse!! cool

He knows quite well the injury site may never look same again but if it is well taken care of, gangrene will never set in..

@carinmon.

Thisday can't return nothing unless you plan to kill him, his lawyer had already alleged he is owing different banks, left, right & centre.

The guy got Rose taste on his alomo income.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by ogmaskman: 5:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
dammytosh:

This is the change

I have always said it. The country is messed up economically but PDP is never an option.

Whenever the ignorant and hungry analysts type "this is the change you voted for".

Fayose and the eediots saying nobody refunded any money. They are coming out themselves.

Nigeria is on the path to greatness.

#Nigeriawilbegreatagain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
ijebu2020:
BUT THE MONEY WAS COLLECTED WHEN FEMI ADESINA WAS WORKING WITH THE SUN..........MEN ALL THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS IN DISGUISE...

Can't you read simple English.? If u were in Femi' shoe, won't you collect it.? FYI,
1.the money was not meant for bribe or other unlawful acts, but for compensation for using the military to close down their newspaper in 2014,
2. As at that time, they didn't know it's part of money meant for arm purchase.
Now that they knw, returning it is justified.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by anonimi: 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by DIVINE78: 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
adeyemi2015:
Someone should quote me if this makes the FP!
Certainly it can!!!
grin
It has. God bless you. And me too.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by anonimi: 5:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
dammytosh:

This is the change

Another DECEIVED zombie that is yet to recover is on parole cheesy
Abeg shine your eyes bro. PDP is still in charge of the federal administration with its worstest that can be blamed for the ruin of the past years firmly entrenched in APC chanting change change like all their fellow progreTHIEVES grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by omenka(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
joseph1832:
Oh so the GEJ led administration actually stopped circulation of the Sun newspaper nationwide, and some people still refer to this administration as the most democratic administration ever. What a mess!.

Anyway, The Sun Newspaper have done what is expected of them by returning the money. However, they should have gone ahead and sue the GEJ led administration instead of agreeing to settle out of court.

I believe as time goes by, more light will be shed on all those who collected from the 2.1 billlion dollar blood money.
@ bold: During the height of their "hero" nonsense, I actually wrote an article questioning the propriety of referring to him as such here: www.nairaland.com/2456358/goodluck-ebele-jonathan-what-hero. Item 3 focused on the harassment of journalist and confiscation of papers using the army.

Sadly it never made the fp.

I still insist, Jonathan was a disaster that was never meant to happen.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by masqot(m): 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
Well done. This is the way to go. However, most of the beneficiaries of Dasukigate have spent the money and they're not even ready to wash themselves clen like The Sun. I believe orientation of Nigerians will take a turn for the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Ndudim Appointed Judge In California (Photo) / The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.