Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki (35503 Views)

$15b Deals: I’m Ready For Trial, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki / Dasukigate: The Nation Newspaper Returns N9million / SSS Ignores Court Order, Maintains Siege On Ex-nsa Dasuki’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by miqos02(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
nice
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by anonimi: 6:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
PRYCE:
Nice Statement!

Taking responsibility for your actions is the height of Self Maturity!

Medicine after death, you mean.
Responsibility ko, RECKLESSNESS ni.

Was Femi Adesina not the Managing Editor of the Sun at the time?
Is Femi Adesina not the current Spokesman for President Buhari
Now you do the maths..........and not the type below oh grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/659437[/img]
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by anonimi: 6:06pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
I still insist, Jonathan was a disaster that was never meant to happen.

So what would you call Obasanjo or Yar'Adua

Fuel Subsidy Scam: Senate Releases Names Of Cabal
DEC 02, 2011

Oando Oil, CONOIL, African Petroleum and MRS Oil are among the powerful players in the petroleum sector that have shared over N3.655 trillion between 2006 and September 2011 in pursuit of importation of refined petroleum products.

More from: http://saharareporters.com/2011/12/02/fuel-subsidy-scam-senate-releases-names-cabal

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
ijebu2020:

SAME THING ON MY MIND..YOU HIT IT RIGHT..WHY DID FEMI ADESINA NOT ADVISE THE SUN MANAGEMENT TO REJECT THE OFFER ,OR ATLEAST FIND OUT FROM WHAT GOVERNMENT PURSE THE FUND WAS COMING FROM..ALL THESE GUYS EHNNN...THEY ARE ALL CROOK, REVOLUTION IS WHAT WE NEED
If Femi Adesina is culpable he will go in for it. However, you must realize that he wasn't the manager of the Sun, but the editor. His work was strictly journalism, not managerial. He didn't relate with the clients of the newspaper. What he did was to edit news items before the publication. Get that.

4 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by favourlove1: 6:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
If the money was paid as compensation as the sun rightly put it... Y return it? Abeg! N some nairalanders n their way of reasoning though. Dasuki is simply listing the ways money aloted to him were disbursed n nigerians are already declaring him guilty. What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by anonimi: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
favourlove1:
If the money was paid as compensation as the sun rightly put it... Y return it? Abeg! N some nairalanders n their way of reasoning though. Dasuki is simply listing the ways money aloted to him were disbursed n nigerians are already declaring him guilty. What a pity.

Na so we see am oh.
Everyone just getting excited over something that is likely going to fizzle out to be a non-starter in due course.

cuvox:
The rate at which important matters disappear in this present regime is alarming. I know I will still be tagged a wailer so let me go straight to the point and list some of the news...

1. The inclusion of Nigeria as a member of the Islamic Military Alliance led by Saudi Arabia... shadowed by Mr. President's birthday

2. The investigative panel promised by PMB to look into the Lebanese ISIS Leader caught at Beirut airport on his way to Nigeria

3. The recent extrajudicial killings of the members of the Shiite sect on their routine procession and the massacre of peaceful Biafran agitators who were protesting for the release of Nnamdi Kanu

4. Fellow Nigerians, how far with the Remita Case?

5. Dasukigate.. ever since he squealed baba's name, everything quiet.

6. Bayelsa Elections

7. N4.7bn conjured up from the empty treasury for the senators to lavish on cars

8. The social media gag bill

9. The girls kidnapped in Bam village. where is Oby
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-kills-four-abducts-teenage-girls-in-borno/226751/

10. 105+34+x number of soldiers rumoured to be missing /killed?

the list is much...

I just need some one to help me understand.

lalasticlala? ishilove? seun? obinoscopy? anybody?

source : me

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206797_123416059658074934612735251373255674989745n_jpeg3f66bee59a7668d2d64db8f955e2f137
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Bollinger(m): 6:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
dammytosh:
When they ask the stupeed question "where is the change" ?

This is the change

I have always said it. The country is messed up economically but PDP is never an option.

Whenever the ignorant and hungry analysts type "this is the change you voted for".

The question on my mind is, should we have voted PDP instead ?

Fayose and the eediots saying nobody refunded any money. They are coming out themselves.

VOTING OUT PDP WAS THE BEST DECISION MADE BY ANYBODY IN 2015 !!

Lol. . .funny guy. PDP, APC, AD, XNT, SDP, QRP, grin. Nigeria has not seen one averagely decent political party since the pre-independence parties faded away. When you have a PP and in your ranks are looters and touts masquerading as leaders, then there is a problem. Worse is when the citizens support them en mass. Nigerians live in too much denial. The fact that one would compare PDP to APC or APC to PDP is in itself laughable. They are both useless. I really don't know why Nigerians forget too quickly. Part of the reason is not understanding their own history and the other is not knowing what quality leadership is. There has never been one decent government in their history but yet they want to compare governments. Na really wah for una.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by joseph1832(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
omenka:
@ bold: During the height of their "hero" nonsense, I actually wrote an article questioning the propriety of referring to him as such here: www.nairaland.com/2456358/goodluck-ebele-jonathan-what-hero. Item 3 focused on the harassment of journalist and confiscation of papers using the army.

Sadly it never made the fp.

I still insist, Jonathan was a disaster that was never meant to happen.
I didn't see the write-up of yours, perhaps as about then, I was busy exposing the twisted ways of Tonyebarcanista and his minions...

Any sane mind need not be told that Goodluck Jonathan was a gross insult to the office of the president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by joseph1832(m): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
favourlove1:
Oh I suppose the office of the NSA is suppose to be responsible for disbursing funds as regards settling out of court matters?

How does this even relate to National Security? Honestly, if you truly believe the embolden, then you're no different from what you said. Money allocated to the NSA to carry out a specific duty was shared among some unscrupulous nigerians, which then resulted in the loss of life of some nigerians and you're still saying the embolden. Gosh!

Indeed bro, what a pity, its so much a pity!.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by menxer: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
When PMB said people stole money, wailers said name them, Dasuki did .

When PMB said some people are returning the loot, wailers wailed name them, the Sun newspaper did.

When Mama Peace said PMB would jail people, wailers no believe, ok na.

Una dey carry PMB dey joke, una neva chi chum ching.

In another news, it's been a while I read a thread rebutting anything by TonyeBarcanista, is he still on here? Hope he is ok. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by shugaboy6102(m): 6:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
urbanmonk:
The sun collected the money under Femi Adesina. The presidency is now occupied by hypocrites and liars.
God bless your heart richly.Femi Adesina as we know it was i think the then editor general under sun news paper
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by captain247: 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
We have seen that the good intention not to seek redress in court has seemingly backfired.
We have also given notice to our lawyers to immediately commence the process in court to redress the huge loss suffered through the actions of the military.[b][/b]

It's best to go about this issue in the right way by settling it in court.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by laserjet: 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
As a very responsible newspaper organization, which places premium on ethics, individual and corporate integrity, we are certainly embarrassed by the turn of events and the unfortunate insinuation of involvement in the illegal sharing of the nation’s commonwealth and the feasting on the blood of soldiers fighting the war against insurgency.

I love this!
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Kessyy2k4(m): 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
lemme visit da BiG gate: DASUKIgate 4 my own sharegrin

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by olabukola: 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eziachi:
If you read what they said before commenting, they did not believe that they did something wrong.
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse mate.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by galadima77(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
akinsbaba2015:
They are yet to come to terms that integrity is not bought off the shelves or on Jumia.com. We encourage others to return our monies that the former administration looted/misappropriated

You mean the administration of heroes? Wailers, where una dey?
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by babafirst(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Clerverly:
Nice One! Oliseh Metuh had used his own to Build Mansions in Abuja and His village!

Ndi Ara!
loool,no wonder the bobo no dey talk again.Hope the properties have been confiscated.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by billyG(m): 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
dadaojames:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/195475-dasukigate-the-sun-newspaper-returns-n9million-it-got-from-ex-nsa-dasuki.html

Nice 1,If only our hard-hearted politicians can b ashame or hav any honor left 2 return back d relooted abacha loot.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by WaffenSS(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
modath:

I'm great ooo, travel na intra country sure pass ooo... na family time. wink

Me return? E nor fit happen, na Elubo I use my portion make & I don shop am with ewedu since, na to find purgative ooo.. cheesy

To even think na even yam peel the guy bin send me, dey complain say na lorry "barca" & "fire" carry enter barn pack everything tongue *in mama P voice* "There is goduu ooo..

Why are you flirting with the enemy? smiley
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by billyG(m): 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2015
AhmadMind:
Compensation by the ONSA for seized papers is Lawful.... 9 million should be returned to the Sun Newspaper ASAP!

Legal abi?is it NSA that sieze there papers or NA?
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by WaffenSS(m): 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
lol KingEbuka i troway salute my chief. bros that is one of the few igbo words i know lol. i am not actually ndigbo although it would be a privilege to be ndigbo if i was one, as well as a privildge to be hausa or yoruba. wink

Why did you leave out fulani? Are you marginalizing us?
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by WaffenSS(m): 7:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
sauceny:
Its funny most bribery to various departments/offices/companies/organizations all came from the office of the NSA

He was reducing unemployment.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by superstar3: 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
We are in an era of a government where 'goats' are regurgitating and returning the 'yam' they ve eaten to owner.

2 Likes

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by sukkot: 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
WaffenSS:

Why did you leave out fulani? Are you marginalizing us?
oh no i am not Sir. it would be a privilege for me to be Fulani too. any tribe in Nigeria. its too many to name lol grin
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by odikemere(m): 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
But I was thinking that Sun with her distinctive qualities and integrity as cliamed should amongst other vendours prob better on who or whom was paying or issuing cheaque because presently as it is this is a mixed story even from the your end.
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
abeg wic one be dasukigate ke?
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
urbanmonk:
The sun collected the money under Femi Adesina. The presidency is now occupied by hypocrites and liars.
[size=18pt]So Femi Adesina also ate part of the yam as Managing Editor for Sun newspaper then. This is a face saving venture. It is even possible that Femi paid the money for Sun. NEMESIS!! [/size]
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by modath(f): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2015
WaffenSS:

Why are you flirting with the enemy? smiley

Enemy kwa? shocked ,

It's not that deep ooo.. & how is that "flirting"?
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by Akanbiedu(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
The SUN are just angry that just N9M was given to them out of the billions flying around. Dasuki really undermined them.

1 Like

Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by lastpage: 9:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
asEdeyHOT:
If I want to be honest, the SUN newspaper has behaved better than most of these newspaper outfits.

They have even written several editorials condemning Jonathan and the horrible way he ran the country. Whilst the likes of the Vanguard and Guardian are still denying their involvement, the SUN has paid back the money that Dasuki paid them.

The first path to forgiveness is restitution

Good!

Just mere "Buhari's Body Language" is making everybody behave properly now! shocked shocked

So, under Jonathan, they siezed something (Newspaper) ..... and then decide to use our collective patrimony to "pay for it" again?

What a "Govt of the inept", led by the clueless one without shoes! undecided undecided

Everybody better start returning their share of the loot now, before they get a longer JAIL SENTENCE.

Lastpage!
Re: Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki by kalohkaloh: 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
The sun newspaper ought to return the real discounted value of the N9 million plus accrued interest to date! The quantum of dollars the N9 million could buy then is much higher than what it could buy now! So what should be returned should be higher than N9 million! Over to you Mallam Uzor Kalu and Son (?)! Sorry, I meant to write Sun newspaper!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTO: Iara Oshiomole With Ambode / APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu, Others / Abolish Amotekun Now - Yoruba Appraisal Forum Urges Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.