Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

The Travails Of Marrying Late - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Travails Of Marrying Late (75171 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Travails Of Marrying Late by a2space(m): 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2015
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.

803 Likes 57 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Spanner4(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
I need a Cute, pretty Nairaland lady to marry undecided

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Visocrate(m): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
op did you just pray for me? God will bless your marriage and mine in Jesus name Amen

335 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by jmoore(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
Nna mehn.. I must marry next year, by fire by force. smiley

Right time, right person? You can create your own right time and find the right person. My right time is next year.

165 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by mostyg(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
May all be well with you

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Vision4God: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
every1 has his tym, d most important thing is not to miss d ryt person at d ryt tym.
@op Just b calm bout it n let God lead u as ur preparing to tie d knot

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by elantraceey(f): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
No matter how long the wait,marrying the right person will be worth it,no rush or anxiety about it.According to dygeasy,its not about getting married but staying married .

109 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by deeptesting(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
Marriage does not cure loneliness, if that is the only reason for getting married then take a chill Pepsi big bottle and relax because many are married and still lonely.. Secondly, what people say or think about you at 37 should not be your business, neither should it force you to get married... Bro i simply want you marry because you understand the purpose of the contract called marriage.. "Solitude is a gift".

323 Likes 35 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by johnson232: 9:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
elantraceey:
No matter how long the wait,marrying the right person will be worth it,no rush or anxiety about it.According to dygeasy,its not about getting married but staying married .
cc: a2space search and think no further, here comes ur wife...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by ivyT(f): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
deeptesting:
Marriage does not cure loneliness, if that is the only reason for getting married then take a chill Pepsi big bottle and relax because many are married and still lonely.. Secondly, what people say or think about you at 37 should not be your business, neither should it force you to get married... Bro i simply want you marry because you understand the purpose of the contract called marriage.. "Solitude is a gift".
Word!

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
jst passing bye angry...one advice!! NEVER RUSH INTO MARRAIGE YOU MIGHT RUSH OUT and by den u will be 50 and divorce...check which is worse. and has more stigma. take ur tym ....let GOD lead before u make a move....i said one word..already made a two sentence grin grin

15 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by byvan03: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
I have seen people take the whole time in the world and still end up in divorce court. The point is, do what you think is best for you. The challenges you face as a young bride/ groom is the same challenges an old bride/ groom will face. Women have a larger pool of men to choose from when they are younger not when their youthful hue is already drying up. You choose your man when you are in the position to choose not when you are beginning to appear like the leftover goods after morning market.

If you choose to remain single for a longer period, let it be for the right reasons, the fact the you are yet to find your soul mate based on plausible criteria or the fact that you have no interest at all. If your criteria to choose a partner is out of this world and that is why you are single, then the person is on a really long thing .

There is nothing wrong with early marriage, there is also nothing wrong with late marriage as long as you are in whichever end for the right reasons.

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by miqos02(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
ok
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Kizyte(m): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
So, why do you have to wait this long when you know the ball is in your court unlike the ladies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by dollydolly(f): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nawa o. E don dey reach end of the year na im everybody dey remember say dem never marry.

God go bless u with ur right partner next year u hear... no worry.

No just come back here tell us say u rush into marriage but now u wan rush commot.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by cremedelacreme: 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
I wonder why people would not mind their business. It's really annoying when people keep on asking you "what are you waiting for?". Everybody must not marry in their twenties. My advice to the unmarried ones is not to allow pressure from people to push you into marrying the wrong person. angry

32 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by MathsChic(f): 9:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmm... marriage is a wonderful thing, when it's with the right person.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Titto93(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tell that to Linda.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Echelle(m): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
embarassedLord make Chioma say yes next year iJn (Amen)

17 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by VickyRotex(f): 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
"" just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally""

And what is the marriageable age? undecided

deeptesting:

Can I like this comment a thousand times? cool May Wisdom never elude you.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Manweysabi(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
^^^25 to 33 years.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Helkayklassic(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Oldest bachelor, that got me kikikiki

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by scachy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
I need a Cute, pretty Nairaland lady to marry undecided

Me too grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Estharfabian, comman let us talk o! undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by miqos02(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
jmoore:
Nna mehn.. I must marry next year, by fire by force.

Right time, right person? You can create your own right time and find the right person. My right time is next year.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by tosyne2much(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice one OP.. I'm also getting married soon cool

3 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Wendyslim(f): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
Take ur time bro. Don't rush .God will provide urs at the right time

6 Likes

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by VickyRotex(f): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
elantraceey:

Please tell them cool cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by prettyjo(f): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.