Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

The Travails Of Marrying Late - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Travails Of Marrying Late (75266 Views)

What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Laeroy(f): 1:31am On Dec 23, 2015
deeptesting:

Lol!
1. They are of age as defined by the society.
2. Others are married so why should they be an exception.
3. For the guys they don't want to loose their beautiful girlfriends.
4. She is pregnant, cannot abort so we marry.
5. For the girls material reasons, the guy has an apartment, looks good, a good ride then let's marry.

You can help me add yours because the list is inconclusive.
BRILLIANT!!!!!
Now give 5 Reasons why the OP needs to get married
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Fireson: 1:44am On Dec 23, 2015
OP! You need to pray for God's direction. God bless you smiley

1 Like

Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by 400billionman: 2:12am On Dec 23, 2015
Nigerians stigmatise single people.

My experience might have been worse than yours. But thank God that every challenge has an expiry date..

They call you names, advice single lady friends to stay away from you, that you are a player, womanizer and have sworn never to marry. If a lady in the neighborhood gets pregnant outside wedlock, the busybodies will point fingers at you, yet you have never at any time dated the lady. So much gossips. To the point that i issued a warning to these gossipers that i will soon catch one of them to use as an example.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by 400billionman: 2:41am On Dec 23, 2015
deeptesting:

Nothing i drink oo my Brother... Have been married for 8 years and got separated, separation has given me so much room for a deep reflection and retrospect... When i see people going into the contract of marriage for the wrong reasons i feel very bad... I have two kids out of my marriage, Bro it is better to remain single and receive all the insults in the world than going into a marriage for the wrong reason.. Nothing is killing me so fast today than seeing my beautiful kids growing without both parents living under the same roof. The fact that i will wake up every morning and no longer getting them ready for school, driving them to school, pick them up when i have time, do their home work together breaks me down but i am happy being alone, it could have been worse.

The OP needs to take a chill Pepsi big bottle and truly figure out what he really wants out of marriage and most importantly find a woman who shares the same life value with him...

Bros, was she working class when you married her ?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by 400billionman: 2:53am On Dec 23, 2015
pappy2000:
My brother, I am also 36" n I feel the same way too, it's so bad

cry cry cry

Toast ladies vigoriusly. Among many, you will find one. They will call you womanizer but let your purpose be paramount.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by VickyRotex(f): 2:55am On Dec 23, 2015
danbrowndmf:
I'm 80...so can i see ur parent nextweek?

You're welcome!
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by VickyRotex(f): 2:58am On Dec 23, 2015
robosky02:

i like them 70

cos on the reverse you are actually 20 lol

Lol grin grin
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by 400billionman: 3:03am On Dec 23, 2015
Amhappy:
Good luck bro. For those who desire to get married,pray to God for a suitable partner and hold on to the right person when he/she comes along. The truth remains that at as age increases,it is more tough for ladies,so don't wait for so long. The pressure you will put on yourself alone is huge not to talk of the one from ur family and friends. A friend of mine just got duped in the name of love. A beautiful lady that many men were dying for some years back. She was a good preacher against desperation and I still couldn't believe it caught her.
shocked

One of them is dancing around this thread acting happy. All pretence.

Attitude matters alot in this marriage stuff. Never let a supposed partner smell desperation. Its a pity for the ladies that a guy will prefer a 23 year old to a 30 year old lady. So i will advice ladies to marry when their demand is very high. B4 25. Truth is, it feels good to be married.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by diva90: 3:11am On Dec 23, 2015
400billionman:
shocked
One of them is dancing around this thread acting happy. All pretence.
Attitude matters alot in this marriage stuff. Never let a supposed partner smell desperation. Its a pity for the ladies that a guy will prefer a 23 year old to a 30 year old lady. So i will advice ladies to marry when their demand is very high. B4 25. Truth is, it feels good to be married.

Feels good to be married if you marry the right person. Marrying before 25 is not advisable in this modern day. I would advice marriage at age 25 and above. I got married at 25 and I wish I had married at 27. It's not all about marrying very young ... It's maturity and ability to handle what comes within marriage that matters. Imagine marrying a 21 year old girl that can't keep a home properly
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by bennywise30(m): 3:15am On Dec 23, 2015
Not only you my brother ,I'm 31 year old guy and sometimes that feelings do occur to me especially when a friend is getting married.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by diva90: 3:17am On Dec 23, 2015
Zico5:
It is imperative to marry at the right time. If u see anyone still single at 37 then such person need to check his life very well cos something is missing. After marriage u ll begin to blame urself when u see how small ur kids re compare to ur age. Many don't know but this is reality.

True! I know someone who is 45 and he's still single. I can only imagine when he's 50 and he's eldest child is 4 years old ... That's if he even marries before 50
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by henryhemon(m): 3:31am On Dec 23, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

I dey wait for you, as substitute boify undecided undecided.

Would love to meet you,am serious.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by ronald4lif(m): 3:31am On Dec 23, 2015
How did miss this thread when it was fully active
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by henryhemon(m): 3:34am On Dec 23, 2015
dumie:
Ironically, all the bad boys and naughty girls are hooking up and getting married, while the good, smart, working class, busy professional, relatively drama-free are still single.

Change that mindset please,drama free people still get married every Saturday but you don't look like you did be drama free?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by henryhemon(m): 3:39am On Dec 23, 2015
Truth is it's good to marry as early as possible and it's also good to marry the right person but anyday you wake up n say am doing this is your right time. How do you find the right person? That's entirely between you and God but get this no one is perfect,so it boils down to what you can take and what you can't take. You have to make sacrifices but never let down go of your standards cuz of someone by standards I mean moral standards....Am not going to marry a Muslim or someone who doesn't believe in God and fear God,if you find a woman that truely year God your problem is solved and that's the right person.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by henryhemon(m): 3:40am On Dec 23, 2015
Truth is it's good to marry as early as possible and it's also good to marry the right person but anyday you wake up n say am doing this is your right time. How do you find the right person? That's entirely between you and God but get this no one is perfect,so it boils down to what you can take and what you can't take. You have to make sacrifices but never let go of your standards cuz of someone by standards I mean moral standards....Am not going to marry a Muslim or someone who doesn't believe in God and fear God,if you find a woman that truely fear God your problem is solved and that's the right person.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by madjune(m): 3:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Young working class folks Sabi rush guys and girls into quick marriage with that Funny line "Bros what are you waiting for? "

And, they always ask this when they come back from marriage owambe every wknd.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by movers(m): 4:35am On Dec 23, 2015
a2space:
I am a 37 year old bachelor and I must confess that never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine that someday I would be desperate to get married. When I was in my twenties, I used to hear of desperation amongst ladies to get married but I never clearly understood the feeling. I felt it was a "lady thing" until I got to the age of 34yrs. One day I was in my bedroom suddenly I felt the rush of emotions come upon me so strongly that all of a sudden started making me feel desperate for marriage. By the following year the desperate feeling became like torture and the loneliness was so depressing. I could no longer stand it when I attended weddings to see other young couples getting married. I could no longer stand it when I hear people discussing marriage around me.

I became like an object of fun in the office when they would call me "the oldest bachelor". I'm telling you, the feeling is not funny at all. Even when people innocently ask "Hey, why are you not yet married?" or "what are u waiting for?" It's a question that I just can't take emotionally. Though I'm doing my best to tie the knot soon but I must confess that it is a feeling that I don't even wish my enemies to have.

If me as a guy could be feeling like this, I can just imagine what single ladies of marriageable age are passing through emotionally.
For those of you reading my post, it is my prayer that you all get married at the right time and age so that you don't have to pass through the same emotional trauma of loneliness and desperation to get married.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Nobody: 4:44am On Dec 23, 2015
Vision4God:
every1 has his tym, d most important thing is not to miss d ryt person at d ryt tym.
@op Just b calm bout it n let God lead u as ur preparing to tie d knot

There's no such thing as the right person, u must take a leap of faith , this talk of waiting for the right person is a ploy to delay ones wedding, people who say they re waiting for the right person aren't ready for marriage.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Fridelly(m): 5:04am On Dec 23, 2015
cremedelacreme:
I wonder why people would not mind their business. It's really annoying when people keep on asking you "what are you waiting for?". Everybody must not marry in their twenties. My advice to the unmarried ones is not to allow pressure from people to push you into marrying the wrong person. angry
The earlier the better, cos there is no wrong person that can never be made right in marriage provided there is enough time to spend together. Have you ever thought of it that even the so called *right person* could become another thing else? Marriage is for two mature minds(not about age) that are ready to tolerate each other.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by manie(m): 5:15am On Dec 23, 2015
AreaFada2:

OP, I get your drift.

I was discussing this "right time" issue with a friend recently.

Reason was an acquaintance who died this year.

He was too busy with other things in life. Trying to uplift certain family members among others.

He was finally engaged but died suddenly. A total shock to everyone. He was in his 40s.

Had he married at age 30, he might have had kids ranging from 16 to 10 years old. Old enough to remember him.

We pray for God's blessings, protection and long life.
Too bad, the guy died in his mid 40s without getting married nor having a child. I think the guy had issues impregnating ladies, or his family members who living on his largese did not want him to get married because once he is married and have more responsilities he may not be able to dole out money to his extended family.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Fridelly(m): 5:20am On Dec 23, 2015
henryhemon:
Truth is it's good to marry as early as possible and it's also good to marry the right person but anyday you wake up n say am doing this is your right time. How do you find the right person? That's entirely between you and God but get this no one is perfect,so it boils down to what you can take and what you can't take. You have to make sacrifices but never let go of your standards cuz of someone by standards I mean moral standards....Am not going to marry a Muslim or someone who doesn't believe in God and fear God,if you find a woman that truely fear God your problem is solved and that's the right person.

There is nothing like the * right person* in marriage. You can never get what you can't give. So, if you keep saying you haven't found the right person as a reason for any form of delay then, you need to work on yourself too.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Kirinwa: 5:22am On Dec 23, 2015
jmoore:
Nna mehn.. I must marry next year, by fire by force. smiley

Right time, right person? You can create your own right time and find the right person. My right time is next year.

Good one dude.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by linearity: 5:22am On Dec 23, 2015
zaragal:
jst passing bye angry...one advice!! NEVER RUSH INTO MARRAIGE YOU MIGHT RUSH OUT and by den u will be 50 and divorce...check which is worse. and has more stigma. take ur tym ....let GOD lead before u make a move....i said one word..already made a two sentence grin grin
How is getting married at 37 a rush? Life happens, no one should be scared of marriage because of divorce...there is nothing like Mr. or Mrs. right, it takes two to make any marriage work and it is not a goal or destination; it is work, constant daily work and efforts.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by blakky97(m): 5:29am On Dec 23, 2015
elantraceey:

Lol, Of course he won't but you know that scenario can't just happen like that, who suffers most during the rough beginnings isn't it the children?
like I said; that is just one of the many scenarios life can offer. in the end, we all need faith In God. what if he's destined to impregnate his wife after 10years? his first child will be born when hes 53?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by manie(m): 5:34am On Dec 23, 2015
SexyStrawberry:

Hmmmmm, dis is surprising coming from a guy, well.......unfortunately we still have old bachelors of 40yrs and above, and dem still dey do shakara o!
I also did shakara, till I finally settled down at age 38. Currently enjoying my marriage, but i really had fun and enjoyed myself when i was single.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by prettyjo(f): 5:40am On Dec 23, 2015
Tuham:

Can you sell that *space* for me so i can use it?
Plus i see we're both July-born, whats your date?
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by robosky02(m): 5:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

that guy done dey reach male menopause o. I won't let him be at all.

Come, how old you be sef?
Make I know when I go remember your own matter. Don't think you are safe...
No be to dey create thread, una no go allow babes rest for this NL whereas some of una sp*rm done dey turn to tadpole due to old age.

so you are big enough now abi

see my kachi of yesterday hmmmmmmmmm na wao
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by olalat(m): 5:51am On Dec 23, 2015
Can u just point out a culture where marriage is nt embraced. Marriage is sacred pls. Its divine, its commandment from God or gods wc ever u blv in. Even animals keep relationship how much more we human beings. I see many people being defensive here instead of mk e4t to correct their mistakes. The Op wasnt blaming anybody, he was narrating his experience. I shared d same veiw wt u until i get hooked up. I regret it didnt happened earlier.
FisifunKododada:
cool Marriage is NOT mandatory. I repeat marriage is NOT mandatory. Its a cultural expectation. Like believing in God or going to church or mosque. There is nothing intrinsically NEEDFUL about it. And if you enter marriage out of desperation, you will be more likely to end up with one of these very numerous one-chance marriages that will cut your lifespan by half. Be a man. Think for yourself and stop worrying too much about people's and cultural expectations. If you die now, none of these people disturbing your life will agree to join you 6 feet under. Wise up bro.
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Otokpa22(m): 5:56am On Dec 23, 2015
#Sarching
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by Otokpa22(m): 5:57am On Dec 23, 2015
#Searching
Re: The Travails Of Marrying Late by olalat(m): 6:00am On Dec 23, 2015
Are you married? If ur answer is no. I regret to say u are disoriented. I wish to have ur profile. Coming from a broken home is one of d worst to happen to anybody in life.
deeptesting:
I think i have responded to someone who also made reference to the Bible.. The school will teach you the theory but life teaches you the practical.. If you are lonely and want to marry then look for a lonely woman and marry so both of you can pursue same goal of getting out of loneliness but if you think getting a partner will take you out of loneliness then you are on a long thing... Marriage has it`s own troubles big enough that will compound your loneliness and take it to 360 degree.

And what is the right person? So you want to marry a happy girl and bring in your garbage inherited from loneliness to her life so she begins to pamper you like a child? If you are lonely fix it, find the root cause of it.. I think the OP is bored living alone don`t get it twisted.. If you are lonely get out and make friends, get social and enjoy singleness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / I Caught My Housemaid Sexually Assaulting My Son / I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.