Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website (10703 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / Photos:inside View Of Emirates Airline ;A Nairalander's Vacation Trip To Nigeria / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by DKNYtruth(m): 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2009
MSY:

So, which part of the Emirates statement is untrue? Or is this just a case of not wanting to hear the truth?

THANK YOU JARE; ASK THOSE WHO HAVE TRAVELLED TO GHANA HERE ONCE OR TWICE IF YOU CAN'T GO ANYWHERE YOU WANT AT ANY TIME! SOME OF THOSE WHO COMMENT OF THIS KNOWS MUCH MORE THAN THIS; SEARCH YOURSELF NIGERIANS!!!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 8:44pm On Jun 16, 2009
Viclee009, MSY and DKNY Truth. Excellent responses. Nothing more to add.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by ziga: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2009
The plain truth is a lot of people who write stuff here are not Nigerians, they probably never set foot in Nigeria not to talk of knowing what happens there.

Keep encouraging bullshit talk. I no blame una.

MSY:

The above has to be the dumbest comment so far.

Typical bushman, you can't raise your points without being insultive.

MSY:

The point you are trying to make with the statement above is what exactly? That it happens in other countries means Emirates should not mention that it happens in Nigeria?

I believe in being fair. You will notice that even countries where crime rates are greater than in Nigeria, they don't create such a picture. But Nigerians are know for taking all sorts of stupid shit. I know Nigeria is all the bad names you can think about, but if you want something from me (UAE), don't disrespect me.

MSY:

This statement doesn't even need a comment. So, that is why [b]you [/b]wear clothes? to cover skin diseases?

I think you are old enough to know proverbs are not translated literally. If you have a retarded son and you all make jokes about his stupidity at home, does that give somebody else the right to do the same. Well, from the way you talk, it seems you have no shame.

This is my only point. nigeria is rotten, full of corrupt devils. Yes, agreed, we are tired of fake Nigerians (who think by being on Nairaland makes them Nigerians) complaining.

If you are a real Nigerian, lets fix it. You don't complain about what you are trying to fix. You fix it, be a part of the solution. Except maybe you are a son of one of our problems.

Also, if you have business gains in Naija (UAE), be careful of what you say about me (Nigeria)!!! Common sense.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by lastpage: 12:11am On Jun 17, 2009
Roforofo,(fight?)
What do you say to my suggestion of introducing a compulsory "Baba 70" lecture in our secondary and tertiary institutions?
Play Abami's music and let the students discuss the "civic sense" inherent in the song/lyrics? Let them drink (smoke!  shocked ) from Abami's deep well of knowledge,  well, those dat want to 'smoke' can do so after classes, as long as they remain "spiritual disciplined" like Baba himself!  grin

I observed your comments and l suspect you have "imbibed" the spirit of Anikulapo?

By the way, it was Albert Einstein, the Physicist, who said and l quote "The more I have studied physics, the more I realize I do not know.
To me, the real lesson of my whole life was that the more I know, the more challenged I am to know, and the wider my mind is open to new ideas and new concepts.
"

What l am drawing out of this quote is that Nigeria is a sorry depiction of "those who dont know but think they know ALL, ending-up shutting-up those who know a little and want to know more!

A case of blind people trying to lead sighted people!  cry
, I say what answer u go geeety, ARMY ARRANGEMENT, What answer dem dey geeety?, Second-base joooo!

Wish Jaah-Rastafarai will resurrect da-ita-man so dat i-and-i can hear, what da spirit is chanting!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Bigchubby: 12:45am On Jun 17, 2009
Nigeria is different. I have been here for 2 and half months now. Initially, I was petrified but getting better now. Well, here are the statistics. 3 weeks ago, a Lexus 4X4 bumped in to my car and sped off without stopping. Last Saturday, an Army van rammed in to my car at the signal because my driver did not move upon his honking. Later, they got out and man handled him. I felt dreadful.

When I went to the Airport for an official meeting, literally, all the policemen wanted me to bribe them as I am 'white'. Well, guys, you do the math. Let's work towards making Nigeria a better place with our individual contributions rather than crying wolf over reality.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 12:50am On Jun 17, 2009
Lastpage. Your post is a brilliant read. I completely agree that our Ministry of Education should make the study of Fela, the man and his music essential reading for all school pupils in Nigeria. He was not a perfect man, but his life serves as a lesson to all Nigerians that standing up and speaking the truth, giving a voice to the downtrodden and continually trying to improve our country is what we should all be doing. He lived amongst the poor and opened his home to all, rich or poor, educated and illiterate and people from all tribes. Unfortunately our rulers are only obsessed with accumulation of power and wealth.cry. Abacha, Diya, Babangida, Aikhomu, Obasanjo and co despite all their stolen billions will be remembered in the same vein as Mobutu, Bokassa, Idi Amin, Houphet Boigny, Bongo and Mugabe. Money cannot buy a good name and history does not lie. Nigerians know the truth and despite all their stolen wealth I know Fela Anikulapo Kuti will forever be held in higher regard than all our billionaire ex presidents and their thieving cronies. As Baba 70 himself talk, na Jeun Koku go finish all of dem! Everybody say yeah yeah grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by lastpage: 1:12am On Jun 17, 2009
Roforofo,
and you know what, no one, not even his blood (children) could even replicate his style of singing!
That made me to think and conclude that "Original is not easy, even to "photocopy it" is difficult  grin

My parents always say " a good name is better than silver and Gold" and like you aptly put it, all their stolen wealth can not buy them a shred of Fela's good name (his children must be purring with satisfaction and pride right now)!

Even those that disagree with his "taste and style" (mostly out of ignorance anyway) will be honest enough to agree that he was not a thief, he stood for truth, he was brave to death, he stood for justice and put his money where his mouth is and was totally de-tribalized!
If just 20% of Nigerians can muster 20% of Fela's courage, Nigeria will rank among the G20 today.

And his traducers like OBJ, Lilliputians who depend more on their muscle than their brains, those who seek to shoot him down so that they can prosper, see where their "old age" is taking them!
To be openly pelted with rotten eggs and smuggled into seminars like a criminal! and to imagine that you're a two-time incestuous-President!!  tongue

Truly, "those who seek to destroy others in order that they might live, will surely have destruction waiting as sentinel, at the post of their success"!
Mahatma Gandhi's writings are studied in India, Martin Lurther King's speeches are studied and re-echoed by American Presidents, why wont we "chorus and re-examine" the lyrics of Abami Eda?
Reason is some nonentities are still jealous of him, even in death!

oya, O besheluu, Ayaakata, Ayakotoo, basket mouth want to sing-again Ooo oh-o, Apere wan open mouth again Ohh-o-oh
Cheers man.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 1:27am On Jun 17, 2009
Lastpage. Excellent post. Absolutely fantastic. As I siddon dey read your post, I just dey laugh like say I dey Shrine, na im my wife begin fear say I don dey craze! I don reassure am say I just dey look and laugh, no be demonstration of craze! As Abami talk, who no know go know. grin Second bass jare!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by theforce(m): 1:50am On Jun 17, 2009
You all dont know the half of it i guess,
In the airport, besides the fake officials, the real officials also play their part,
Quarantine would tell you cant take this or that,
Customs would tell you , that you need clearance,
Fan Officials would ask you for what they know nothing about,
NDLEA would ask you to go to IKOYI to get clearance "That your are not carrying DRUGS"
Immigrations would skin you alive with requrests, Especially if you are flying with a new PASSPORT,

On Airport road there are many pot holes, And regularly FUEL scarcity,
One could get mugged at OSHODi,

They only said the truth
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by abbsun: 8:45am On Jun 17, 2009
Business owner has to educate his customers. These things are true, it's for people incharge of the airports to act on so as to change the way we are discribed here.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Jaylone(m): 9:14am On Jun 17, 2009
Sadly TRUE. We should try to work on our security-i.e those in authority
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by BabaTony: 9:30am On Jun 17, 2009
my take on this is that even though most of the things said about Nigeria are true, My question is "are they the only things that happen in Nigeria?", Surely Not!!! They should also say the good things that abound in nigeria to invest in for example. there is no complete good or bad country in the world, so they should balance the equation, Nigeria does not represent everything bad for God's sake. At least if its so bad we would not be seeing all sorts of ppl from chinese, arabians, indians, etc here, they have come to get something good. QED!!!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by BabaTony: 9:36am On Jun 17, 2009
my take on this is that even though most of the things said about Nigeria are true, My question is "are they the only things that happen in Nigeria?", Surely Not!!! They should also say the good things that abound in nigeria to invest in for example. there is no complete good or bad country in the world, so they should balance the equation, Nigeria does not represent everything bad for God's sake. At least if its so bad we would not be seeing all sorts of ppl from chinese, arabians, indians, etc here, they have come to get something good. Our Govt too has to do the neccesarry like provide electricity, good roads, security etc to make us avoid these embarrasments.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by edwinagili: 10:06am On Jun 17, 2009
Its fair enough and very true. Lets stop pretending and face the truth, I'm still a proud Nigerian, but I will say it as it is. My brother, talk to your Govt.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by honeric01(m): 11:56am On Jun 17, 2009
AND WHO SAYS IT'S A LIE? THE PROBLEM I HAVE WITH NIGERIANS IS THAT THEY ARE SO ACCUSTOMED TO NEGATIVITY THAT WHEN GOOD THINGS ARE SAID ABOUT THE COUNTRY, THEY FEEL SO UNUSUAL WITH IT AS IF IT'S A BAD THING, BUT WHENEVER BAD THINGS ARE SAID ABOUT THE COUNTRY, THEY ALL TAKE TURN TO FURTHER PULL DOWN THE COUNTRY,

WITH THIS SET OF PEOPLE STILL CALLED NIGERIANS, WE CAN NEVER EVER HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION BECAUSE IF YOU KEEP CALLING YOUR CHILDREN GOATS, THEN THEY WILL REMAIN GOATS AND WHEN OTHERS CALL THEM GOATS TOO, YOU WON'T HAVE THE MIND TO CORRECT THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE ALSO GUILTY OF SAME OFFENCE.

WHATEVER YOU CALL YOUR DOG IS WHAT IT'S GOING TO BEAR.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by BAC: 1:19pm On Jun 17, 2009
To ad to emirates comment. "Nigeria also have bad kidnappers" so be aware,
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by kaghoe(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2009
I dont give a shit even if they say Nigerians have horns, what matters is whether they are telling the truth or not.
What a reasonable person or country will do is ensure that all these mentioned here are properly curbed and that they do not show up on any website or news journal anywhere or anyplace again.

Nobody can say this about Dubai, fir those of us who have gone there, we can testify.
I will love my country to be that way. So what Emirates did was not bad at all,
@ poster< they rare telling the truth and we Nigerians and the govt should learn from it.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Elgaxton(m): 1:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
very very true indeed, abeg make we no defend ourself. Naija too like bad bad bad thing.
E go better sha wink grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by kaghoe(m): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2009
I dont give a shit even if they say Nigerians have horns, what matters is whether they are telling the truth or not.
What a reasonable person or country will do is ensure that all these mentioned here are properly curbed and that they do not show up on any website or news journal anywhere or anyplace again.

Nobody can say this about Dubai, fir those of us who have gone there, we can testify.
I will love my country to be that way. So what Emirates did was not bad at all,
@ poster< they rare telling the truth and we Nigerians and the govt should learn from it.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by scorpio1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2009
They just said the truth, no 2 ways about that, !!!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by scorpio1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Tokotaya: 9:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
scorpio1:

Right
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by lastpage: 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
Okay, Emirates have said their own. Its the bad side that concerns them since they have to protect their clients.

Can we "NIGERIANS" begin to say the good-side of our country?
@honer10, since you are the champion of these "Nigeria better crusade", l give you the HONOR to take the first shot.
I know tons-upon-tons of good things about Nigeria but we should allow you to have the first go, for all your past "effort".

We are waiting o!

BTW: FELA is one of the best things to come out of this country! Oouch, did l just have the first go? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Roforofo, i dey come o, , second-bass jare
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by dinggle: 1:31am On Jun 18, 2009
Isnt it a shame!, What they said is true, kudos emirate, i will fly ur airline on my trip back home come oct.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by honeric01(m): 8:31am On Jun 18, 2009
@lastpage

Do i look like a signboard to you? or a minister of information? If you need such info, look around you, go around Nigeria and see for yourself,

Let me give you a tip,
compare 10 years ago with what we have now, maybe you might see reasons to disagree a bit with all the things you're being told about Nigeria.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by jimuchy: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
Omo na true why u dey vex abi na lie? u sef go airport now make u no open ya eye well u go see wetin go happen to your luggage
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by MSY: 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ziga @Post 99 above

Mr Ziga, learn to pick a position and stick with it. Your comments above are all over the place. First you say the people who make comments on this page are most likely not Nigerians, or have never set foot in Nigeria. Then you say all you want is fairness, then you say i have no shame, and then you finally admit that yes, Nigeria is rotten and we should fix it!

First of all, it does not matter if the people who comment on this page are Nigerians or not, as long as they speak the truth. And believe it or not, you can actually benefit from comments made by non-Nigerians. You have a false sense of patriotism that will not get you anywhere. You need to learn to call it the way it is. Do not for one second think your defense of Nigeria here means you love Nigeria more than i do. Easily verifiable truths have been said about Nigeria, and you are here huffing and puffing about crime existing in other countries and that the UAE wants something from you. Your primary concern should be "how do we correct this perception of Nigeria", not "you should not say that because there is crime in other countries too".

If someone calls you a thief, your motivation should be, how do i stop stealing, not, "don't call me a thief, because there are other thieves out there".

Do you get it now?
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by vikiviko(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
[table]Conference and business facilities
There are restaurants, bars, banks, bureau de change and a duty free shop in the international terminal, as well as a post office and medical facilities. NOTE: pickpockets and confidence trickster, some posing as local immigration and other government officials, are common at Murtala Muhammed Airport. Security is not always satisfactory, so be vigilant.

Car rental
Avis (tel: 01 497 4420) and Hertz (tel: 01 320 5016) both have desks in the terminal. It is possible to hire a car from most of the big international hotels too. Please note that fuel shortages often occur in Nigeria, so ensure you have enough petrol to complete your journey. Roads are in poor condition. Be vigilant when travelling on major roads, as robberies can, and do, happen. Avoid travel outside cities after dark. Be vigilant when driving in traffic jams (‘go slows’): keep valuable out of sights, and keep doors and windows locked. [/table]

This is unacceptable.

There is need for an investigation into all this acrimonious accusation against a Nation from a Common airline.

Nigeria should for once act decisive, if this is confirmed Emirates should be suspended however the cost .

All these lapses mentioned happens everywhere in the world, there is no perfect system abroad.

No No this is rubbish.

Agreed Nigeria is bad not from the mouth of an airline.

Do you think Virgin Nigeria dare say this about Johannesburg insecurity and they won't be officially queried?

I know wetin i go do!

Emirates!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Sari: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
This is only a reasonable warning/travel advisory by a reasonable organisation. So long as they are not giving false information it is in order.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by akintun: 12:22am On Jun 19, 2009
In the world we live in, if you do not value your wife and children in front of others, they will be disregarded. Fraudstars abound in many European countries and i am sure that Emirate dear not post anything negative about these countries because these countries value themselves in front of others. Nigerians value yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

270k Giveaway To Lucky Nairalanders - Selection Thread. / First Time Canadian / 2017 Eid Holiday: Fun Places To Visit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.