Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website (10712 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / Photos:inside View Of Emirates Airline ;A Nairalander's Vacation Trip To Nigeria / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by saintade01(m): 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
thats RE-BRANDING grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Jun 15, 2009
They did not even tell the whole truth, nobody should blame them, they are just doing their job. We Nigerians brought ourselves where we are today.
No blame shifting please.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by pek(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2009
so, what is wrong about the story? is it false?
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by douecho: 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2009
The story is not false, but this doesnt happen only in Nigeria. I blame the Nigerian govt, and Nigerians for allowing everyone else believe that this only happens in Nigeria and we're the worst in the world.who no go, no go know say this thing de happen everywhere else.d'u want to tell me that all other african countries that are thriving tourist attractions dont have any of these?even some of the european countries too. but Nigerians allow themselves to be put down
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2009
douecho:

The story is not false, but this doesnt happen only in Nigeria. I blame the Nigerian govt, and Nigerians for allowing everyone else believe that this only happens in Nigeria and we're the worst in the world.who no go, no go know say this thing de happen everywhere else.d'u want to tell me that all other african countries that are thriving tourist attractions dont have any of these?even some of the european countries too. but Nigerians allow themselves to be put down

For the fact that it happens in oher countries doesn't make it right. Crime is Crime no matter where it hapens
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Kudanis(m): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2009
Lets's face the fact, Emirate is not lying. The security in Nigeria is zero. The government knows of this issue, why can't thy so something to stop it.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by messiah(m): 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2009
Shouldn't we be concerned that all they said is the truth? cry
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Naijagirly(f): 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2009
Its obvious that most Nigerians don't have an ounce of respect for their country.Those statements are for sure written by a Nigerian who works for Emirates.Its the free hand we give the outsiders that make em bad mouth Nigerians.SA and new york is worse than Lagos and I don't see any gbajawiri warning on their websites about those other places.Because journalism in our country is so poorly promoted thats why we don't have people who sue cos of such statements.Have been in Dubai and have heard cases of cars being looted and people robbed but we don't read about such anywhere because they have a strong hold on what journalist can print.I agree that crime is present in Nigeria but the way people potray it makes Nigeria a "No go area'and thats sad but what's more sad is when Nigerians can't stand up and defend their country even in akward situations.
Am a full blooded Nigerian and have never wished I were from somewhere else, Am boycotting Emirates and the UAE from this moment.They might not notice my absence but they sure will do if others follow suit,
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by AjanleKoko: 6:35pm On Jun 15, 2009
Sad to say, but they're spot on.
Sentiments or otherwise. Up to us to fix things, and stop whining.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Naijagirly(f): 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2009
Kudanis:

Lets's face the fact, Emirate is not lying. The security in Nigeria is zero. The government knows of this issue, why can't thy so something to stop it.
How is security @ ur location?
Compared 2 Naija,
d don't forget 2 mention how many times u watch ur back a day
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Marlbron: 7:01pm On Jun 15, 2009
Travel advisory to the US: Beware of their niteclubs you could get shot. Similarly dating 2 females could get you killed and there is nothing the rule of law will do for you. Beware of the schools too, several mad students have been known to go on shooting orgy, killing fellow students and teachers,
I could go on and on.

Travel Advisory to Dubai: Beware of Homos and sex depraved / rampaging women in black moslem attire. Beware of prostitutes from all nations and know that the citizen is first clas and you are 2nd class before the law!

I feel safer in Abuja, or Lagos than Houston or New York and you can add some parts of London to that.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by nazzyon(m): 7:13pm On Jun 15, 2009
I wouldn't say they are painting Nigeria bad but will say it is just a regular thing one should expect on any website.

Whichever country you are traveling there on an airline website you will see brief description of what you should expect to see e.g Cyprus, Australia you will read about the condition of the environment and things you will enjoy and not.

It is up to our government to defend Nigeria. Defending it doesn't mean they should sue Emirate to court, they have to start by paying attention to every thing people are saying about Nigeria be it good or bad and try to set right the wrong.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by DONFASZY(m): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2009
o boy see down grading

nigeria don suffer
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by royalicon(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
Bitter truth
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Guk: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2009
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by dalaman: 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2009
I went to the emirate counter in Istanbul Airport (Turkey) and I was told that as long as my destination is Lagos airport I will have to pay in cash not through my credit card.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Infoseye(m): 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2009
angry Is it not true? Why are you complaining about what they are saying? We have bad roods, thugs, arm robbers in fact everything I dont blame emirates after all its what they are seeing and experiencing thats what they are sayings and its true. angry

When other big companies complain about this too, and it becomes to disgraceful for Nigeria we will have to change by force!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by blackspade(m): 8:35pm On Jun 15, 2009
Why is the blame being put on Emirates, as if it is their fault MMA is like that. . . . .
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by back2back(f): 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2009
Travel advisory to the US: Beware of their niteclubs you could get shot. Similarly dating 2 females could get you killed and there is nothing the rule of law will do for you. Beware of the schools too, several mad students have been known to go on shooting orgy, killing fellow students and teachers,

Gbam
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 15, 2009
deb - south africa might not advertise their crime (but who does anyway ) but everyone in the world knows its car jacking and rape capital of the world so please don't think we don't know.

Why people continue to complain why these websites say these things about Nigeria makes me laugh - are they lying. These days kidnapping has become the new 419.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by TmeD0(m): 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2009
Wow!  i never thought i would see the day when all Nairalanders will all (well, about 98%) agree on an issue.   

na slow indication say naija go soon betta be dat o  grin

@ OP, how does this travel advisory warning paint naija bad? naija wey don already paint herself bad since nineteen gbogboro abeg. 

na dis travel advisory warning go come do that for us?  abi, dem lie? no be we dey take our hand dey do ourselves so?

though, that no mean say na we worse pass but if we're to go by your premise, i don't see how this paints us bad cause what they've posted is the truth. 
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by olanajim(m): 11:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
What do we expect Emirate to do? To do positive publicity for Nigeria while lying to her numerous customers?
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by ziga: 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2009
Yeah, the travel advisory is generally true.

My only grouse is that, lagos is still safer than many other cities in the world, but these other cities won't get this kind of write up.

Isn't there something wrong with that.

There's a proverb, the interpretation is, if you put ur shirt on the ground, even if its the best in the world, everybody's gonna wipe dem feet on it.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 12:02am On Jun 16, 2009
Well done Emirates. Dem no dey lie. We should not defend our useless government which does not care for it's own people. No be am cause allman to dey post internet messages from Europe and Yankee. Go read Guardian of Sunday 14th September wey our own Presido dey advertise contract for maintainance of Aso Rock Generator to ensure 24/7 electric for Aso Villa! shocked Dat wan be say lie lie Nepa no go ever work for our country. As Naijas we need to start facing up to uncomfortable truths about our country and stop comparing ourselves to other people. I no get shame in talking am say our government is full of useless and incompetent thieves. Even for this board una no see say once person mention say im wan invest na so so stupid ideas with emails and mobile number go begin appear. We suppose expose all these bad things about ourselves. As Baba 70 talk, Nigeria na Big Bad Country. Abeg, second bass jare! grin

1 Like

Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Naijagirly(f): 12:13am On Jun 16, 2009
Roforofo:

Well done Emirates. Dem no dey lie. We should not defend our useless government which does not care for it's own people. No be am cause allman to dey post internet messages from Europe and Yankee. Go read Guardian of Sunday 14th September wey our own Presido dey advertise contract for maintainance of Aso Rock Generator to ensure 24/7 electric for Aso Villa! shocked Dat wan be say lie lie Nepa no go ever work for our country. As Naijas we need to start facing up to uncomfortable truths about our country and stop comparing ourselves to other people. I no get shame in talking am say our government is full of useless and incompetent thieves. Even for this board una no see say once person mention say im wan invest na so so stupid ideas with emails and mobile number go begin appear. We suppose expose all these bad things about ourselves. As Baba 70 talk, Nigeria na Big Bad Country. Abeg, second bass jare! grin
You no get shame
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 12:24am On Jun 16, 2009
Siddon there dey yarn nonsense from abroad. Our country people na 46 years be dem life expectancy rate. Infant mortality rate na 96 per 1000 births. 2.6 million people dey live with HIV in Nigeria while our State Governments dey approve donation of 7 billion Naira to build Obasanjo Presidential library. Siddon dey talk rubbish while government soldiers dey kill innocent villagers for Bayelsa and Rivers. No be your fault. Na ignorance and self deceit dey worry many of our people. Siddon dere for wherever you dey and keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Naijagirly(f): 12:29am On Jun 16, 2009
Roforofo:

Siddon there dey yarn nonsense from abroad. Our country people na 46 years be dem life expectancy rate. Infant mortality rate na 96 per 1000 births. 2.6 million people dey live with HIV in Nigeria while our State Governments dey approve donation of 7 billion Naira to build Obasanjo Presidential library. Siddon dey talk rubbish while government soldiers dey kill innocent villagers for Bayelsa and Rivers. No be your fault. Na ignorance and self deceit dey worry many of our people. Siddon dere for wherever you dey and keep deceiving yourself.
You are so lame,
He be like say u dey smoke lowolowo
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 12:33am On Jun 16, 2009
Naijagirly. As I say. Siddon look dey yarn opata. No be your fault. As Baba Fela always used to tell us for Shrine, Illiteracy na disease.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Naijagirly(f): 12:40am On Jun 16, 2009
Roforofo:

Naijagirly. As I say. Siddon look dey yarn opata. No be your fault. As Baba Fela always used to tell us for Shrine, Illiteracy na disease.
Na true Fela talk,
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 16, 2009
Na wa o.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 12:54am On Jun 16, 2009
Haba Naijagirly. Come up with you own quotes instead of copying and pasting everything I say. Abi you no sabi read and write. Dem no dey offer Adult Education classes for the place you crawl comot from? Abi na only copy and paste you sabi. No worry if you wan make I agree with you as Abami talk, Before I jump like monkey, give me banana, make you hear Yes Ma. Anyhow dis forum na for discussion to help our country. Ti o ba gbo ede geesi a le ma soro ni ede tiwa (Translation: If you kuku ma no fit speak and write English make you dey yarn for Naija language). Na today? grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Naijagirly(f): 1:00am On Jun 16, 2009
Roforofo:

Haba Naijagirly. Come up with you own quotes instead of copying and pasting everything I say. Abi you no sabi read and write. Dem no dey offer Adult Education classes for the place you crawl comot from? Abi na only copy and paste you sabi. No worry if you wan make I agree with you as Abami talk, Before I jump like monkey, give me banana, make you hear Yes Ma. Anyhow dis forum na for discussion to help our country. Ti o ba gbo ede geesi a le ma soro ni ede tiwa (Translation: If you kuku ma no fit speak and write English make you dey yarn for Naija language). Na today? grin
You be olodo .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Time Canadian / Dual Citizenship / 20 Most Beautiful Places To Visit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.