Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website (10713 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / Photos:inside View Of Emirates Airline ;A Nairalander's Vacation Trip To Nigeria / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 1:05am On Jun 16, 2009
Ok I gree say I be Olodo. But excuse ma, Ejo mo fe dodo ati ewa agoyin kin. Ma wa beere si ma fo bi obo ma de ma sa yin ma. Ajasa ni oro yi bo si! grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 1:09am On Jun 16, 2009
Naijgirly. Nice chatting to you. We all love our country and that is what is important. Make our leaders buckle up na all we dey ask Baba God for. Ilu wa ma toro ni ojo kan. Take am easy . No be fight o. Omo Naija ni gbogbo wa. Everybody say yeah yeah!!! grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Czarskit(m): 3:47am On Jun 16, 2009
The bitter truth just got sour cheesy
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Wellas14(m): 4:55am On Jun 16, 2009
For those who are complaining please fasten your seatbelts because as soon as they run a maintenance on their website they will shally add KIDNAPPING RAMPANT SO MOVE UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS.
God save my fatherland!!!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by parislomo(f): 7:26am On Jun 16, 2009
Oops! Really relieved to see true responses. Poster there's no need being overtly sentimental over the NIGERIAN IMAGE if indeed we've got one to showcase. We can only pray & work towards it being positively re-branded! I luv my country but it's really taken a sad turn,  cool
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by mmaks: 8:27am On Jun 16, 2009
this are all painful realities but we as a nation should use every means at our disposal to correct these negative perceptions.even nigerian get

into trouble at the airports from all sorts of touts both civilian and uniformed talkless of foreigners. recently a drug cartel was busted at the intl.

airport.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by mayrho(m): 8:31am On Jun 16, 2009
We need to shove away all sentiments yeah these things happen in other countries but, an adage in yoruba says "falana gbo ti e tara eni laa ko gbo"
let's face our challenges and fight them before we start complaining about how our image is painted. cos face it, it's the way it is.
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by JJYOU: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2009
Wellas14:

For those who are complaining please fasten your seatbelts because as soon as they run a maintenance on their website they will shally add KIDNAPPING RAMPANT SO MOVE UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS.
God save my fatherland!!!
mayrho:

We need to shove away all sentiments yeah these things happen in other countries but, an adage in yoruba says "falana gbo ti e tara eni laa ko gbo"
let's face our challenges and fight them before we start complaining about how our image is painted. cos face it, it's the way it is.
God Bless Nigeria
nigeria will never change govt or no govt. a bunch of people who think it is part of their human right to use and enjoy what they have not legitimately work for will continue to be like this.

the way our people celebrate theives in nigeria is obscene.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by SamMilla1(m): 10:01am On Jun 16, 2009
I am very happy with most of the comments poasted here.
Atleast that means a lot of us are honest people.

The sad truth is that they said the truth.

"If we dont accept it, We cannot change it"
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by honeric01(m): 10:10am On Jun 16, 2009
Ever since u people have been agreeing on anything negative you hear about Nigeria,what has anyone of you done to correct it?Has anyone of you stopped the wrong things you do that affects the image of Nigeria? Has anyone of you gone ahead physically to correct others making the same mistakes and not just sit on your chair talking like a recorded tape from your pcs? Has anyone of you really gone to estimate if it's truly the way media and others paint Nigeria high only negative things Can somebody really tell me that there is Nothing good about Nigeria you can point at? If Nigeria is only known for negative things, then why do we still have ties with other nations both big and small? Why is our airports yet to be closed by lack of foreigners flying into Nigeria even though the only things they hear in Nigeria are negative things? Why are the whites still running to Niger delta even though they know that region has only negative things to talk about?why do we still have foreigners still working in Nigeria
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by jobman: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2009
Wetin? e no dey happen? Those posing as Immigration officers may actually be real officers off duty (or on duty) ha ha ha! Anyway I hope and wish Madam Re branding could log on here and see whats going on. To actually tackle this things we need REVOLUTION. starting point any car on the road worth more than 10million Naira should be burnt (without the owner), all houses worth more than 50million should be converted to schools, day care center etc, lands should be free for all who can develop it within 2 years etc etc, shay una get,
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by kshow1(m): 10:18am On Jun 16, 2009
@ POSTER : Has Emirate said anything that is false ?
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by iukpe: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2009
Please, Please Nairalanders, take note. This safety and security information is also for your own good.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Tochi3(m): 11:41am On Jun 16, 2009
@ honeric01 and jobman. More grease to your elbows. That is it.

Nairalanders, nigerians home and  abroad forget the government. Just forget about this people. Let us talk about ourselves and what we can do to make things better even if the long term effects of our honest, radical fellowership does not bring the immediate and desired results but for our children, children children.

Our fathers did nothing and so the children of today must face the consequences . Now it is our turn.
Thesame old story since independence. We trusted our leaders, our fathers trusted them and so adopted the aimless siddon and look approach hoping that through prayes and God things will definitely get better. From better to worse, the children of today are still sitting and lookin´.

I have a question for all of us : What should we the followers do to change things?
I have an idea, revolution all the way. Who is ready?
Anyone one politician that have tasted power since independence and still lives today must die because they all took part in killing the hopes, aspirations and soverignty of their own people.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by JJYOU: 11:49am On Jun 16, 2009
honeric01:

Ever since u people have been agreeing on anything negative you hear about Nigeria,what has anyone of you done to correct it?Has anyone of you stopped the wrong things you do that affects the image of Nigeria? Has anyone of you gone ahead physically to correct others making the same mistakes and not just sit on your chair talking like a recorded tape from your pcs? Has anyone of you really gone to estimate if it's truly the way media and others paint Nigeria high only negative things Can somebody really tell me that there is Nothing good about Nigeria you can point at? If Nigeria is only known for negative things, then why do we still have ties with other nations both big and small? Why is our airports yet to be closed by lack of foreigners flying into Nigeria even though the only things they hear in Nigeria are negative things? Why are the whites still running to Niger delta even though they know that region has only negative things to talk about?why do we still have foreigners still working in Nigeria
why o why.  people like you are the reasons it will be difficult to repair nigeria.  all is well with nigeria. even the blind knows better.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by omooloye1(f): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2009
sad sad sad sad
Na wa o! Dis people called Nigerians sef!
You are quick to accept that your country
is the worst place to be on earth, probably
more terrrible than hell.

Why would i pity you when you are harrassed and
treated like criminals other countries of the world.

If someone says your mum is a witch,must you publicly
admit the person is right? must you spread your dirty
linens in public?

If emirate feels Nigeria is such a damned place to be,
then, they should pack their load and go.What are
they still waiting for? bunch of hypocrites!!!

As if UAE were better.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by douecho: 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2009
omo oloye:

sad sad sad sad
Na wa o! Dis people called Nigerians sef!
You are quick to accept that your country
is the worst place to be on earth, probably
more terrrible than hell.

Why would i pity you when you are harrassed and
treated like criminals other countries of the world.

If someone says your mum is a witch,must you publicly
admit the person is right? must you spread your dirty
linens in public?

If emirate feels Nigeria is such a damned place to be,
then, they should pack their load and go.What are
they still waiting for? bunch of hypocrites!!!

As if UAE were better.

my sentiments exactly!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Emysandy: 1:15pm On Jun 16, 2009
Is there any 1 here who 's a traveller or a tourist?then u sh know the defination of precaution.This is a travelling agency.if the keep mizin their passenger to dangerous robberz or dark stret gangz because of lack of gud orientation about d place they re visitin,then d re wicked $ ll soon b out of buzines.don't compare d corruptsh level @ least a 15y old naija boy can trace his wa wit map,police,gud public service centre. 2 met his mizin dad or mom.but here in our citizenship state(nigeria) luckly he escap d bad guyz,419nerz,naija rejected police.IF really we r ready 4 a change let act da way this guz did by informin our brodaz $ youn1z who r new in town,about how 2 avoid bad zone $ scamerz.stop pretendin u could b d nex victim if u don't act fast[tt][/tt]
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by REALTRUTH1: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
For all those who don,t want to face reality,,,,check this :

Soccer Star Shot Dead Two Weeks After Father was killed by armed robbers

Link:
http://thepmnews.com/2009/06/15/soccer-star-shot-dead-two-weeks-after-father%e2%80%99s-murder

These things happens like a way of life in naija,,,,Infact the Emirates were very mild in their post,,,what about people dying avoidable deaths,,,situation where our hospitals have all become mortuaries for the common masses who can not have medical access abroad,,,Our problems in Naija re all man made and avoidable,,,Things are far far worst than Emirate portrayed it to be,,,
Imagine a guy who just buried his father that was killed by armed robbers and in two weeks time,,he was also killed by armed robbers,,,common somebody lets think about this,,,,
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by 29Ade07: 1:41pm On Jun 16, 2009
Hello fellow nairalanders,
I would want us to look at this issue objectively without any string of sentiment or emotion. It is the most rational buisness decision for any corporate multinational airliner like EMIRATES to intimate her passengers of the prevailing situtaion of their destination.All EMirates said about Nigeria is true if we must be realistic. Again this is not to say that Nigeria is the only country with violence in the world. Even the "world powers" like US, UK, CANADA etc all have a share of this. Take UK for example, there is hardly any month where you wont hear story of teenage knife stabing or gun violence. It is something that has become very common especially in the past few years.The samething i believe is obtainable in the US.  

The government of this countries are doing everything possible in order to arrest this menace by carrying out police investigation,using  forensic evidence where applicable and enforcing maximum penelty to those apprehended. Herein lies the shortcoming of Nigerian government and the negative image that trails us  in the international community.

This image we have are not as a result of our problem but the disposition of our government to it.For example the Niger delta  brohaha has been lingering for several years since the days of Ken Saro Wiwa  and my beloved country is yet to make any meaningful step to bringing this "recurriing decimal" to a stop.The recent issue of kidnapping foreigh oil expatriate has worsen the whole issue. Not  to mention the issue of corruption and money laundering that has remain unmitigated since the time of IBB and the passivity or perhaps impotence of our judicial system. What of daylight bribery on our roads by our commercial drivers /dearest police force and the unending rhetoric of our IGs? Common guys do we think that this people are blind or they dont listen to news.  

Bottom line is let Nigeria(Goverment and the massess) be sincere in the bid to make our country better then all the negative image(s) will be erased off the face of  the international commumnbity.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 16, 2009
All you people defending Nigeria make me laugh. So are you saying that Nigeria is now heaven on earth? Please u are saying that “is Nigeria the only place with crime” um no u will find that every country inhabited by human beings has crime – yes even here in the UK I carry a personal alarm with me to protect myself as a woman who has to walk home alone at times after working late. Cos America has crime u think its ok for Nigeria to have crime – please at least sound sensible in ur argument.

So are you saying that there is no crime in Nigeria? Is it wrong for a country to warn its citizens against certain dangers they may face if they travel to certain parts of Nigeria – its called risk management. And trust me risk management consulting is now becoming a thriving industry to work in………………, anyway I think its shameful that Nigeria is now seen as dangerous as Iraq when it comes to kidnapping of foreign nationals – Iraq of all places – is there a war in Nigeria that we are competing with this country on which nation kidnaps more. And for all u bad belle people yes we Nigerians with dual citizenship also have to be careful, cos at the end of the day I have now heard of 4 different cases of Nigerians who have travelled to Nigeria for functions and have either been kidnapped or have a relative kidnapped – the latest being a friends eight year old sister.

So excuse us for worrying for our safety when hungry lazy boys are now kidnapping old women and innocent travellers in the hope of making a quick buck.

Like I said kidnapping is now the new 419. oyinbo no dey fall for 419 anymore.
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 16, 2009
by the way there are many positive things about Nigeria but please don't deny the sad and depressing truth
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by lastpage: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2009
We all agree that such "Travel advisory" is saying the TRUTH

Two school of thoughts are identifiable here:
1. It is true but dont ever agree to it PUBLICLY!
2. It is true and we must say so publicly!

Either way, FACTS would remain FACTS!, publicly or under the pillow  grin
So, should we lay it bare and tackle the leprosy right-away (hopefully the advisory will then change)
Or should we continue to 'protect our "image"' (7up!) while pretending we are who we say we are?

I know its shameful, this 'Nigerian image'
I know we deserve better.

But l also know that we have the POWER CHANGE TO THINGS,, if we could only MUSTER THE WILL!

Are Nigerians not the most selfish people on earth? If not, why would everybody want and agree that we need a REVOLUTION yet,
NO ONE is ready to make a SACRIFICE? , abi revolution na for mouth??
tongue

A few bunch of criminals are holding 140million intelligent people to ransom. WHY?
Simply because the 140million are so selfish they would offer 140million EXCUZES on why they need to keep quiet in the face of wanton financial rape and oppression!

Simple mathematics, na so Fela Talk am!
"Army man go dey whip your yansh, you go dey look like Monkey!, Mama dey for house, pickin dey for school, l never marry, l never born, l never build house, make l chop small, me sef wan chop inside, "

God bless that Abami-Eda(R.I.P), a prophet that was not respected in his own country
Those of you that were laughing when he said he wanted to be President of Nigeria during the second Republic, see your mistake?
At least, despite all his "Ganja" and "half-nudity", there is NO RECORD ANYWHERE ON EARTH that he stole anybody's PENNY!

How many of you can say that of your YOURSELF, YOUR FATHER or those you Elected/Selected?

okay now, Second-base o jare! grin      dun-dundun dundun, dun-dun dun    

BTW: I think FELA's music should be introduced as part of our academic curricular as from secondary school and a "Civic Course" patterned around it. I volunteer to teach free for that course! wink , (even without Fela's music, even after him do die, many Nigerians still dey still smoke their "Igbo" so, its not attributable to Fela!)

Oya, another second-base  jare , ****, ****,
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
The Truth is we get what we deserve.

The lot who think Nigeria is different than painted, why not do something about it. if you think teh lot of Bad Nigerians only make up a meagre percentage of the Great People of This Great Nation, then why are u so fuc%#$in Helpless when 419 reigns over honest work the world over and it be Nigerians to the blood cells.

We deserve any bad painting or pancaking like Dora is adept (not) at doing.

We deserve the badge they wear on our shirts.

Freakin bastiches!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by ziga: 4:26pm On Jun 16, 2009
What they said is true but was rather overemphasized!!! Haba, na only for Naija e dey happen?

Everybody protects his image. That is why we wear clothes. People who know they have skin diseases, might try to treat it but while they are being cured, they will also try to mask it by covering up.That is natural.

We all know we have problems, and most of the things they said is the truth. But every country in the world has some problem or the other. Nobody yansh clean. But they (UAE) will never write their bad parts on their website. 

And i am very sure there is no way they can (UAE) say any bad thing about other big countries despite the fact that bad things happen there also.  If they do they will run into business problems because those other countries won't take that sitting down.

If they know that the Nigerian people won't take their write up and they care about the amount of business they could be losing, they wouldn't dare write such.

Bottom line, no matter how good nigeria will become, there will always be one problem or the other facing us at a point in time. That does not give any serious potential investor the right to say shit. They could as well have said - don't fly to Nigeria, you will die!!!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2009
ziga:

They could as well have said - don't fly to Nigeria, you will die!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by honeric01(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2009
JJYOU:

why o why.  people like you are the reasons it will be difficult to repair nigeria.  all is well with nigeria. even the blind knows better.

and what does people like you add to Nigeria? since you have been criticing Nigeria (you must have been doing this since you cropped 18), so what have you ever done to make Nigeria good a bit? just name one mr na me know how to talk.

WHY NOT GO TO THE LAGOS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WITH SOME POLICE OFFICERS, LOOK FOR THE CRIMINALS YOURSELF AND THEN FLUSH THEM OUT, is that too much for you to do
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by Roforofo(m): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
It is amazing and humbling to see the fantastic and superb analysis of the facts by some of the posters on this thread. They have renewed ny pride in our dear country. I am glad to see so many people speaking up for the truth instead of hiding behind fake patriotism. The thing wey Emirates talk na the unalduterated truth, simple and short. No story. The discourse now as others have rightly suggested should be about how we all as Nigerians can help to put things right in our country. It is pure stupidity to deny a very serious  problem exists in the way our country is governed and how things are run by those in power. I doubt if any of us on this forum can claim to have loved Nigeria or fought for it's masses more than Fela Anikulapo Kuti and even Baba 70 himself when singing about those who stupidly support our corrupt government on the track "Everything Scatter" said, "dat is how dis country be, dat is why everything dey scatter scatter, no wonder rere run, no wonder people no see food to chop, no wonder rererun". Prophetic lyrics which were first composed in 1975 and still hold true in Nigeria today! cry Abeg everybody say yeah yeah!
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by viclee009: 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2009
Emirates airline is simply telling the truth. These are woes suffered by many in the past.
The truth hurts but must be told. If we want good publicity, we have to work for it.
For all the Nigerian out there doing these things congratulations, you are the ones responsible
for this mess I hope die of jedijedi for making us look bad
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by viclee009: 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2009
Emirates airline is simply telling the truth. These are woes suffered by many in the past.
The truth hurts but must be told. If we want good publicity, we have to work for it.
For all the Nigerian out there doing these things congratulations, you are the ones responsible
for this mess I hope die of jedijedi for making us look bad
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by MSY: 7:35pm On Jun 16, 2009
So, which part of the Emirates statement is untrue? Or is this just a case of not wanting to hear the truth?
Re: Emirates Airline Paints Nigeria Bad On Their Website by MSY: 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2009
What they said is true but was rather overemphasized!!! Haba, na only for Naija e dey happen?

Everybody protects his image. That is why we wear clothes. People who know they have skin diseases, might try to treat it but while they are being cured, they will also try to mask it by covering up.That is natural.

We all know we have problems, and most of the things they said is the truth. But every country in the world has some problem or the other. Nobody yansh clean. But they (UAE) will never write their bad parts on their website.

And i am very sure there is no way they can (UAE) say any bad thing about other big countries despite the fact that bad things happen there also.  If they do they will run into business problems because those other countries won't take that sitting down.

If they know that the Nigerian people won't take their write up and they care about the amount of business they could be losing, they wouldn't dare write such.

Bottom line, no matter how good nigeria will become, there will always be one problem or the other facing us at a point in time. That does not give any serious potential investor the right to say shit. They could as well have said - don't fly to Nigeria, you will die!!!

The above has to be the dumbest comment so far.

So, you know you have problems, but Emirates over emphasized right? Kindly highlight which part of the statement is "over emphasized". 

Haba, na only for Naija e dey happen?

The point you are trying to make with the statement above is what exactly? That it happens in other countries means Emirates should not mention that it happens in Nigeria?

This statement doesn't even need a comment. So, that is why you [/b]wear clothes? to cover skin diseases?

We all know we have problems, and most of the things they said is the truth. But every country in the world has some problem or the other. Nobody yansh clean. [b]But they (UAE) will never write their bad parts on their website.

I tell you what,  the day Nigeria gets its own airline, and offers services to the UAE, it can write all it wants about the UAE, advising its NIGERIANS to beware of crime in the UAE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Time Canadian / Dual Citizenship / 20 Most Beautiful Places To Visit In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.