Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? (28574 Views)

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? / 50k Job In Sango Otta / Nobody Really Cares, So Hide That Certificate And Just Survive Anyhow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by ratchy: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
donralph2000:
50k? And you still need advice whether to start or not Guy na WA for you o!!! My salary is 15k and I spend like #200 every day for transport and I'm a part time student of Unilag (DLI) just concluded 300 level, resume@400 level. ......and I have survived through till date. And you are there contemplating on 50k job? Bros, even if na standing you go dry stand (mu standing ) everyday, you go survive with lesser pay............abi no be 4 dis Lagos
abeg collect the guy number make u talk sense into am.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by ibawon(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
rationalmind:

This isn't true neither is it close to being true. Ibeju-Lekki to iyana oworo cannot be more than 400. Iyana oworo to Ketu can't be more than 100 naira. That's maximum of a thousand naira per day.

There's a way these things work. OP wakes early, he gets a direct vehicle to ketu and pays 200 naira. More so, It's equally possible a staff stays around him which will ease t fare.

OP, I'll strongly suggest you take it and start from somewhere. I personally know someone who stays at iyana-ipaja, works at Ikoyi, and his salary isn't up to 30K.

Congrats on your new job.
Bro I live at Ibeju Lekki also From Awoyaya to Ajah is 100 or 150 bucks from Ajah to ketu (if the bus dey ajah) should be 400 to 500 tops cos From Ajah to Oshodi or Iyana Ipaja is at a fee of 500 bucks but when coming back the fee from Ketu should be cheaper but from Ajah back to Awoyaya if you stopping at Mayfair would be around 200-250 bucks. All the same the 50k is good for a start you'll get used to it. Good luck Bro.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by dada24: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
bros, i wont lie to you, u will make it. jst give it a try.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by GLOBALINF: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
Crazy offer
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Freshboi: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
If you are sincere with good intentions, you can squat with me. I live around Ketu as well. Call me or send a text

9 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by chichriso: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
TUBLEZ:
My broda from ibeju lekki to ketu u can't survive it ooooo u spent like 1500- 2000k daily from dat end to ketu

yea, that 50k will all go for transportation alone
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Laredojohn(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
With determination u can...there are people who work in govt that do not earn up to that, who have trained children's till University, it can't always b dat 50k forever, as u work on u will devise ways of cutting cost, mayb seeing someone that lives ur way
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by ibawon(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
DonUjay:
.Ahn Ahn!! is this your estimation correct at all? 1500 to 2000? Na inter-state travel?
Bro he seems correct
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by sagbar(m): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
U'll survive it if u're determined joor. I started with something in that range, as times goes on u'll find a way to sort out your issue.I sometimes sleep over in office, spend a day in friends place etc...Jst b determined and look for better opportunities!
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by UjSizzle(f): 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
Guy you will survive. People earn less than 50k here. They pay for transportation, professional exams and even rent and yet have change at the end of the month.
All you need is good cash management and smart spending smiley

Congrats on your new job.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by UjSizzle(f): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Freshboi:
If you are sincere with good intentions, you can squat with me. I live around Ketu as well. Call me or send a text
Call or send a text Seriously? undecided
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Eleniyan15: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
bros

just have it in mind that you have 30k to save after the month .
excluding feeding-bill

That 50k it really cool for a starter

just learn how to save you can open a new savings account (extra) don't collect debit card

just do a lot of savings within 8month you should be able to afford an apartment

just get ready to deal with stress

note: living with your friend just try to be fvking humble

pay bills don't even allow them to ask you....contribute if you try to do IDC mehn get ready to suffer

and keep praying and keep searching for other job
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by jayAjoku(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
you can survive ofcourse just read this piece of advice......... get a good motorcycle or bicycle and transport is solved

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by tellwisdom: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kayoski:

pls define survive?.
am lost here

Do i look like Mr KAMORU, your school teacher??
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by 1miccza: 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
Bros people do survive on far less it's s very good move
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by dguizman(m): 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
yvesboss:

Man...i survived with 35k living in mowe and working in ikeja..i also write professional exams...God is good.
bro u can't compare Mowe to Ikeja to dat of OP o....urs will only cost u #400 per day
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by yunnyp(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
my brother,
i won't say u should take the job or u should let it go...
from Ibeju -Lekki to Ajah is 200 by bus, 250 by car, from Ajah to Obalende 200 from Obalende to Ketu 200 and 250 at time... so make your decision wisely....
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by eaccyboy(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
babajeje123:
I stay at Awoyaya and I know where Ketu is. If If you are out by 5am, you will get a bus going to Obalende at #200. From Obalende to Ketu is #150. That is #350 in the morning. In the evening while coming, from Ketu to Obalende is #150. You can never get a straight bus from Obalende to Awoyaya. So, Obalende to Ajah is #200 and Ajah to Awoyaya is #150 (for car) and #100 for bus (these exclude bike fares). So,

Your transportation will be 1000 per day (excluding feeding)

1000 x 5 day = 5000
5000 x 4 weeks = 20000

So, you will have 30000 left for other things like food, clothes, etc.

I will suggest you take it and be on the look out for better options.
chai I can't leave in Lagos...how wl one spend 20k on tp...I com serve dem drivers neh? Nah...am even complaining of 5k/month am spending in Kebbi...oboy na gben gben
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by brianromel(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
Bro congrats on the new job.

First off let me welcome you to the lagos job Market and congratulate you for landing you first job..

That said,

It's very possible to survive on that even if where you where coming from was ibeju.

Why

Because others are doing it on far less.

If you feel this job is worth your time and the possibilities for improve pay or better job offer is available to you then take it.

One lesson i have learnt from working far away from home and working for close to nothing is, there are always opportunities to do more or get a better offer.

One plus for you is you will be working against traffic in some of your journeys.

But if you are thinking it's far and it's not worth it.

Consider this

I once worked on the island for two years. One thing my bosses liked me for was my ability to be at the office on time, way way on time. I got to the office as early as 6:30 or latest 7:30 for an office that resumes 8:30.

What was my pay package then, you ask

70k minus tax and pension. (do the mathes).

Where was I coming from?

Matogun (some where in ogun state, that Google maps still regard as "inside thick bush"wink

The journey home could be grueling, but with my trusty bluebook ear piece and noise cancellation, I mostly slept through it while listening some of my favorite jam.

You might ask what i did it?

Cos I never liked the idea of staying over at someone's place.

It cost an arm and a leg in transportation cost plus bus jumping an fighting.

But the piece of mind I felt once I got home and opened my door, for me far out weighted what ever stress I faced that day.

My advise, take job an try it out for 3 month.

If after that you feel it ain't worth it, you can always not come to work after pay day of the third month.

Cos what have you got to loose

5 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by dguizman(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
Bro i will advise to stay with ur friend for the first month alone.it won't make any sense if u spend #1200 daily on t.fair alone....
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Kayoski(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
tellwisdom:

Do i look like Mr KAMORU, your school teacher??
I thought as much ,cos if u were more enlightened about Lagos life,u wud know that people on far lesser pay survive and survive well a..
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by tellwisdom: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
Kayoski:

I thought as much ,cos if u were more enlightened about Lagos life,u wud know that people on far lesser pay survive and survive well a..

You cannot survive because the money is for beer only.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by shogz89: 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
bros use brt,, from lekki to obalende 200, from obalende to ketu 120 brt thats 320.. 640 per day multiply by 30 which is 19200 you have 30+ left.. you can survive op
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by vkon2(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
You can bro .But it will b a case of working and suffering,e ko better for naija
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Donjowebs(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2015
Be determined u will survive. It can only get better..
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Kayoski(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2015
tellwisdom:

You cannot survive because the money is for beer only.
Your wisdom cannot be overemphasized...
Ur moniker says it all..
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by collyno1985: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2015
Yes....becuase I started with 18k in this lagos. while my transport takes 8k per month. Hut I still survived till I got bigger one. It's all determination and perciviarance. U will get there Bro. Gud luck.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by allanphash7(m): 10:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
Never ever
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by bomasek(m): 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
Freshboi:
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by F22RAPTOR(m): 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2015
if your office fulfills its obligation by not holding back ur pay. you will survive. but your health will suffer due to the long distances you have to travel, irregular eating pattern and bad traffic.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by dahmie2013: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
Op, pls don't bother, it doesn't make sense, dat place is just 2 far. U can't cope.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by purplekayc(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Choi!!!#

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers / God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019 – Final List Of Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.