Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? (28571 Views)

Is 50k Job suitable Enough For A Fresh Graduate in Lagos ? / 50k Job In Sango Otta / Nobody Really Cares, So Hide That Certificate And Just Survive Anyhow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by sunerie: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
babajeje123:
I stay at Awoyaya and I know where Ketu is. If If you are out by 5am, you will get a bus going to Obalende at #200. From Obalende to Ketu is #150. That is #350 in the morning. In the evening while coming, from Ketu to Obalende is #150. You can never get a straight bus from Obalende to Awoyaya. So, Obalende to Ajah is #200 and Ajah to Awoyaya is #150 (for car) and #100 for bus (these exclude bike fares). So,

Your transportation will be 1000 per day (excluding feeding)

1000 x 5 day = 5000
5000 x 4 weeks = 20000

So, you will have 30000 left for other things like food, clothes, etc.

I will suggest you take it and be on the look out for better options.
ur head dey there, i swear u be tropical lagosian

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by kobenol(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2015
@QsFemi
The arrangement will be extremely discomforting, but not undoable though if you've got the mind.
Transport to and fro with light feeding will likely cost you close to 40k
You will also meet with MAD vehicular traffic along Lekki-Ajah Road on your return daily. This will wear out most people, adding up stress levels and causing strain on human relations and work output. Trust me it's a big deal.
Ketu however has a lot of affordable one-room accommodations (Face-me-I-face-you). Alapere is adjacent Ketu (across Ikorodu Road) and there abounds these one-room spaces, cheaper supposedly.
If you explore this, your transport will be bike fares only, journey time circa 30mins.
You may give yourself a target to upgrade to flat in a year or two.
You're already on track.
Congrats on your job bro.
Merry Christmas!
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by homosapien(m): 4:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
I have a friend at berger that may help you temporarily. mail me if you don't mind.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by seaga: 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
daretodiffer:

Me kesad

Or not.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by QSFemi(m): 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Freshboi:
If you are sincere with good intentions, you can squat with me. I live around Ketu as well. Call me or send a text
Thanks man. You are one of a kind. I am a sincere and humble chap but I don't need to sing my praises. I would love to stay with u if u so wish. Please dis is my no: 08163646155...God bless ur hustle. I ve uploaded my profile pic here on nairaland.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by QSFemi(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
teebarbie:
meanwhile I got a 50k job at akure with accommodation but I reside in Lagos. I don't know if I should accept the offer.
In case you decide not to accept the offer, please let me do if is a job I can handle. Let me know of your decision.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by QSFemi(m): 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
klassic:
@op, you will be driving against traffic most of the time, which will not only make your fare cheaper but less stressful. The problem is the distance and where exactly in ketu the job is located.Its okay, take the job, you will surely learn how to cope after the first few months . Good luck.
cmd way, beside zenith bank, opposite ikosi motorways.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by QSFemi(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
micgray100:
If you know you Av good intention and would show your face here on Nairaland. I Av a one bedroom self contain you can manage for free till around March ending 2015 when I will be coming back to lag.. Hopefully u would Av saved enough to rent a room compound house in Ketu which is around 70k to 100k. Depending on agreement and agent fee... Call menon 07032728941...
Bro, your generosity is out of this world. I owe you d whole world. I am ready to show myself like u said. I will call u right away.fb name: Oluwafemi Choice Lijoka. I ve uploaded my profile pic.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Pavarottii(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2015
babajeje123:
I stay at Awoyaya and I know where Ketu is. If If you are out by 5am, you will get a bus going to Obalende at #200. From Obalende to Ketu is #150. That is #350 in the morning. In the evening while coming, from Ketu to Obalende is #150. You can never get a straight bus from Obalende to Awoyaya. So, Obalende to Ajah is #200 and Ajah to Awoyaya is #150 (for car) and #100 for bus (these exclude bike fares). So,

1000 x 5 day = 5000
5000 x 4 weeks = 20000

Oga feeding for a month will be about 20k. And it won't still be enuf, if u want to be healthy. Una just one suffer dis man. I av done the same thing b4! Stay at Igando. Work in VI. 40k salary. I resigned after 2months. And I still dey chop for hhouse ooo. And I still fell sick after resignation. Still spent money to treat myself. E be like u no know lagos ooo. That guy will always get up nothing less than 10pm. Sleep by 11pm to wake up 4pm. Wen will u av time for urself. That is just a MODIFIED SLAVERY!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by micgray100(m): 7:14am On Dec 25, 2015
QSFemi:
Bro, your generosity is out of this world. I owe you d whole world. I am ready to show myself like u said. I will call u right away.fb name: Oluwafemi Choice Lijoka. I ve uploaded my profile pic.

Good you show interest... Is just a starting point.. My facebook name is Engr. Onakomaya Adegbenga... Add me..
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by browncolysis(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2015
If it's to choose between 50k and idleness, irrespective of the challenges surrounding the 50k and that of the insult attached to idleness, bro! I won't even think twice before accepting the offer. So be wise! bro! cuss you really need to avoid idleness by all means legally possible. Merry X-mass.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 27, 2015
QSFemi:
Please, can I get accommodation of 70k at Berger? I can still afford dat. Please educate me
I seriously doubt that.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by finestpicks(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Its pretty hard though..I stay at ogombo which is closer to ajah than the ibeju you mentioned..Im managing a 50k job at HP @ Spar(not even up to the main shoprite) and I spend #500 daily..Thats about 12k from the salary gone.Feeding during lunch break gulps 5-6k.

You still have to add feeding for breakfast & dinner etc..
Eventually it is more respectable to work even if at the end its only 15k that you get (after expenses) than remaining idle and taking insults from people

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 09, 2016
finestpicks:
Its pretty hard though..I stay at ogombo which is closer to ajah than the ibeju you mentioned..Im managing a 50k job at HP @ Spar(not even up to the main shoprite) and I spend #500 daily..Thats about 12k from the salary gone.Feeding during lunch break gulps 5-6k.

You still have to add feeding for breakfast & dinner etc..
Eventually it is more respectable to work even if at the end its only 15k that you get (after expenses) than remaining idle and taking insults from people
You dey try. God bless your hustle.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by finestpicks(m): 6:20am On Jan 10, 2016
Gracias sir.you too
GoldenDr:
You dey try. God bless your hustle.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by aromokun89: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2016
babajeje123:

1000 x 5 day = 5000
5000 x 4 weeks = 20000

. Please I need you to help a brother sir, I got a 2months job at mayfare garden awoyaya,but am staying on the mainland(ikotun) so d transport fare is killing. Would need your assistance with accommodation. Thanks 08165347984

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by Sunnypar(m): 2:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
ayosexy:
Yes u can
Hmmmmm..it depends o. Do you have dependant? Don't stay in a self contained o, ensure you don't have a girlfriend o and pay your tithe.
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by 1miccza: 4:55pm On Feb 15, 2016
QSFemi:
Good evening nairalanders. This is my first post on this platform and I enjoined you all to overlook my simplicity. I need your views on the scenario I am about to relate. I have a degree like many other peeps out there, completed nysc july this year and have hitherto been jobless. Well, Like a twist of fate, I got a job just yesterday that will be paying me 50k in Lag. I based in Akure and the job is in Ketu, Lagos. My friend that I can squat with temporarily lives at awoyaya, Ibeju-Lekki lga. Can I survive? What do you think peeps?

Find someone to stay with around ketu instead and it will be okay
Re: Can I Survive With 50k Job In Lagos? by McAdeyemi: 10:16pm On Dec 22, 2019
House, I need someone to squat with around Ajah, ibeju Lekki.

I got a job at VGC side and just came back to Lagos.

Please help.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What You Need to Know About GNLD/Multi Level Marketers Posing as Employers / God Gave Me A New Job In This Recession Period After Losing My Banking Job / Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2019 – Final List Of Successful Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.